Osu! 2v2 Tournament Rank 40k - 70k [Congrats Kawaii Squad]

posted
Total Posts

Should I add a Hard Rock pool to the All Star thing

Yes
34.48%
No
22.41%
[ Yui ] you are awesome. Here have a Cookie (Legally binds you to give me a cookie)
27.59%
[ Yui ] you suck, so here have a Cookie (Legally binds you to give me a cookie)
15.52%
Total votes: 58
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Hello Everyone :D,

I am [ Yui ]/dudemonkey61 and I would like to present to you this 2v2 tournament. I saw that Mechanic's tournament was shut down, so in order for people to play and get better I thought I would make this tournament to replace it for those that where really looking forward to the tournament. I will have the information for the group stage up first and progressively build it into the tournament brackets. I will also be using Mechanic's map pool for the group stage as I find it well built and people have probably been practicing with it for a while. I would like to get the full 32 teams back into the tournament, so I will be taking those teams first. If you were in Mechanic's tournament please use the same team name as before and have at least one person in your team that was from the team in Mechanic's tournament. This tournament will be a little different from Mechanic's tournament as I will be having a group stage, which will take up some time, but once that is over it will go into a double elimination bracket. I will also be allowing only four people in a team, and during the group stage each player has to play at least 1 map in your group. This is for the whole group stage and not the just one match. After that it is free game. If you have any questions just PM me (please pm because I get an email specifically from the person) and I will gladly answer your question withing 1-2 days or minutes. I would like to add that there will be no flaming or downgrading. This is for fun and to meet new people, so I would like every to be nice or your team may be disqualified by me discretion. Down below you will find the Rules for the group stage and I wish you all the best of luck :D

Oh and btw I will be using this (http://challonge.com/f3ogekii) to keep control of the brackets. I also need streamers and a few officials to help me out during the group stage if interested pm me, and try and I will work with you to get the tourney client. Also I plan to start this within two weeks, but that means we need to hurry with people signing up, so yeah get in here quick especially the ones from Mechanic's tourney.

I added all the teams from Mechanic's tourney here, but there is a problem. I see that some teams have people that have people below the 40k mark and it drops them out of the tournament. I am going to say that you must be 40k when the you play your first note in the tournament. This includes warm up maps. After that it is free game. I already have one team out because of it and from what I can see there are a few more in the situation. I am trying to get this started as soon as possible, but please be careful with your rank, while I get this situated.

Thanks,
[ Yui ]

1st Place: Kawaii Squad - [ Yui ], NewAgeHipster, HakuRyuu-, THESYRUPKIDD
2nd Place: Team 1337 - Si1entKiTTeh, Retroz, [Drak]
3rd Place: Team Sliderbreak - Tohka Yatogami, MidasCR

Group Stage
The group stage will be round robin with the 32 teams. There will be 4 teams per group and each group will face each team in their group once. I like this because everyone gets to play 4 times, so if it doesn't go away I hope that you all will make friends with each other and burn your opponent into a heaping pile of ash, uhhhhhhhhh, I mean be the bestest of friends with no salt whatsoever. Each match will start up with two warm up maps chosen from each team. With each match it will be a first to 3 wins. We will start the actual match with a roll that will determine who picks first and who bans first. Ties do not count as wins btw. Each team will get two bans after the warmups, so have fun banning out those DT and hidden maps :D. I will try to run this on Score v2 because I like that system better, but if it glitches to much I will change it back to Score v1.I am using Mechanic's map pool for this stage, but I may change a few things around, so keep checking in to see if I change a map (most likely won't, but I want ar8 hidden in this pool).

Score v1 is what I am going with now to many problems getting score v2 to work properly.

Here is the map pool:

Double Time
DJ Fresh (feat. Ellie Goulding) - Flashlight (Radio Edit) [Hard]
Pegboard Nerds - Disconnected [Insane]

Free mod
Gavin G - Desire [Irryphyxia's Insane]
Knife Party - Bonfire [Rage]

Hidden
Halozy - Dut ~Usagi Tobi Suteppu~ [Lunatic]
Feint - Time Bomb (feat. Veela & Boyinaband) [Time]

No mod
Stan SB - Dead [Rebirth]
S3RL feat Tamika - I Will Pick You Up [Asagi's Insane]
S3RL - Pika Girl [Insane]
Shihori - Magic Girl !! [Lunatic]
Fujijo Seitokai Shikkou-bu - Best FriendS [Insane]
Infected Mushroom - The Pretender [Insane]

Tie-breaker
Yousei Teikoku - Wahrheit [Saten]

Brackets Round 1 and 2 + Elimination
The time has come for the Bracket stage and I am super excited about this. The scheduling will be different and will need help from you the players to make sure it works out properly.

I will first go into the details about the rules for this stage. The first is that this will be a double elimination bracket. This means that when you lose this does not mean it is over for you. You will have a second chance to come back and move on to the finals. The second addition to the rules is that this will be a first to 4 per match. This ensures that out of everything you do in the match this will give a better of clue of who can win and who will succumb to the pressure. The bans will remain at 2 for this stage as it still has a consistency for the picks and bans and not wiping out the map pool. This will hopefully only run for a single weekend, so I need full cooperation to get this done. I think this is the last thing, but I would like to say this because I didn't think I had to say it. If you are caught CHEATING your whole team will be banned. Not just you, but your whole team. I do not condone for this at all and it pisses me off that it happened. Play fair or GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Map Pool:

Double Time:
Electric Love (Short Ver.) (Insane)
Scatman (Insane)
Setting Sail, Coming Home (Insane)

Free Mod:
Lolicon de Yokatta~ (Rorikon!)
Terekakushi Shishunki (Insane)
Hanairo Biyori (Wkyik's Insane)

Hidden:
Nightmare (Maxin Remix) (Another)
Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess (Lunatic)
Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star (H-Boy's Hyper)

No Mod:
Catastrophe (Cataclysm)
Big Money ($100)
Namae no Nai Kaibutsu (Ifj's Insane)
pensamento tipico de esquerda caviar (Kuron's Insane)
MEPHISTO (Another)
Classical Insanity (Presto)

TieBreaker:
Dimension tripper!!!! (wkyik's Insane)

Semi Finals, Finals, and Grand Finals
Congrats to those who made it this far as from what I have seen in the matches they have been really close in a number of cases with some matches coming done to just a few thousands of a point difference in who wins and who loses. Here I will go over the different rules for the matches and please read them and pm me saying you have read them, so that I know who put in the time to actually read this. :D Also semis are the matches that are from the continuation loser's bracket round and the winners bracket matches being played on Saturday. That is considered semis. The finals matches are considered the matches that happen on Sunday. This does not include the match resolution that happens in the losers bracket. (I know this is confusing, but it makes sense in my head :P). The Grand Finals are considered the loser's brackets final match and the final match in the tournament.

Rules for Semis:
The matches will be a first to 5. Each team will get to ban 3 maps since the map pool is a good size larger than before. There is not much more to say than that because it is normal rules as before and that the rules for the no fail map pool is down below.

Rules for Finals:
The matches will be a first to 6. Each team will get to ban 3 maps as well.

Rules for Grand Finals:
The matches will be a first to 7. Each team will get to ban 2 maps as this will help show which team is overall better with the map set. Also no fail will have the same ruling for the match, but if a team wants to pick a map each team must agree on the map they want to do. You MUST accept at least one map if the someone picks from the pool.

Map Pool:

Double Time:
Sky is Over (Hard)
Taiyo Iwaku Moeyo Chaos (Hard)
Best FriendS (Setz's Hard)
INNOCENCE (Hard)

Free Mod:
Frightfully-insane Flan-chan's frightful song (Insane)
Don't Stop Push It Now (Nightcore Mix) (Shake it)
Himitsu Keisatsu (Insane)
IMAGINARY LIKE THE JUSTICE (Insane)

Hidden:
Kanjou Chemistry (Drum 'n' Bass Remix) (Satellite)
Mami Mami Zone (Lunatic)
Itsuwari NEUROSE (insane)
Flower Flag (MZC Echoes the Spring Liquid Mix) (Lunatic)

No Mod:
Leia (Collab)
Asymmetry (Kibboo's Insane)
Super Nuko World (Insane)
Byoumei Koiwazurai (Lovesick)
perthed again (yambabom remix) (Frey's Insane)
Genryuu Kaiko (Halozy)
The Monk (Technique Of Shadow)
Kokuhaku Yokou Rensshuu (Expert)

Tiebreaker:
Happy End of the World (Happy End)

No Fail:
Installation (Nightmare)
Genryuu Kaiko (Everlasting Nightmare)
Defenders (Legend)
Piranha (Mafflada Reloaded Trap Mix) (BD's Gangsta)
First (Fort's Finale)
Time to Say Goodbye (feat. Casey Lee Williams) (Farewell)

Rules for No Fail:
1. No Fail can only be chosen once per match
2. Both teams must agree to do it
3. It cannot be played within the first 4 maps
4. You will agree to have this pool be available at the beginning off the match
5. The only exception to rule 4 is in Grand Finals where the pool will be opened, but the map must be agreed upon.
An1m3
I might consider joining
Electoz
Totally not a fan of v2 system though.
[StarLight]
Thank godness... First team :D (Mechanic's tournament)
1. Players and rank
Fukuto Chan (46k)
protofap1302 (48k)
zosanfc (62k)
PiiiPiii (69k)
2. Team name
Shota n Loli
3. Timezone
UTC+7
Hope this tournament will be good!
Ruria von Dina
Team Name: Renegade

Player & Rank:
V-O-N(51k)
Keyasayo(40k)
DontAnimeMe(62k)
Fiad(46k)

Time Zone: GMT+8 & UTC-8

:D :D
Tohka Yatogami
Team name: Team Sliderbreak

Players name: 1. Tohka Yatogami [45k] (team captain)
2. Izuna-tan [54k]
3. MidasCR [57k]

Timezone: UTC+8, CET+1
feuerbluemchen
Thank you

Team name: FireStay

Players:
1. feuerblumechen (53k)
2. OneStay (56k)

Timezone: CET

:)
Tactician101
Team name: Hit me with the big ones

Players and ranks:
MineBoss(43k)
Tactician101(53k)

Time Zones:
EST-6,CET+1

We were in Mechanics tourney
PiiiPiii_old
Please reconsider about the score system, I'm still using FallBack and I'm noob :(
I believe most people would agree with me on this, right guys?
K a r a s
Sounds awesome, count me in. Not sure if v2 is a better idea though. :c
DropPopCandy
Thanks for organising this! :) Also, you're free to disagree, but I feel like Score v1 is a lot better of a score system for a 2v2 tournament; especially in this skill bracket. Either way we'll be participating, that's just my two cents ;)

Players:
- DropPopCandy (55k)
- Nereikx (48k)
Team Name:
- ily Attempting
Time Zone(s)
- MST (UTC -07:00)
- ACST (UTC -09:30)
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
I understand how people don't want the score v2 and why, but let me put my two cents in really quick. I like the score v2 because the system rewards those with a high accuracy, but a not so decent combo. It will still give those with a combo a really high score and most likely the win if you full combo it, but the fact that you can go in with a really good acc and still help your team even if you don't necessarily do well because of misses is what I like most about it. It is prone to bugs though, so I will not use it if the bugs are there after a few day of testing. I will also kill it if everyone is completely against it with no way of wanting to try it, but I like it's concept, so I though I would at least try it.
Kwaachi
thanks for doing this ^^ much appreciated by all of us

Potatoes

Kwaachi(50k)
xUBullet(67k)
lovely143(68k)
Vixlx(47k)

UTC-8
AlexDark69
I <3 youu.
Sweaty Randoms
AlexDark69(43k)
RevRoadster(48k)
Gorrexz (40k) (letting his rank slide down a bit so he can play :3)
Alex and Rev's time zone: BST+0
Gorrexz's time zone: BST+2
Although I feel that the scorev2 system is a bad choice for our ranks, me and my team are still willing to play if you will allow us to.
Thanks.
OoTrillionoO
Sparkle Snorterz
Team Captain: OoTrillionoO (Rank: 37K)
Narwhallee (Rank: 40K)
hamwows (Rank: 41K)

Timezone UTC -7 (MST)
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Kawaii Squad and the team Renegade will be doing a mock match at some point more detail later, but this will show the flow of the tournament and make sure everyone is prepared.
HakuRyuu-
Thank you so much for doing this, also I send you a pm regarding a minor change about my name, I am looking forward for when the tournament starts and I hope all the teams best wishes, and do your best!
-Promise
:L
Will join anyone who wants me :3
Timezone: EST (UTC -5)
Ultimatelord77
I am not sure if team The Trinity (Mechanic's old team) will be participating but as soon as I hit 70k I will work on getting them back. For the info:

Team Name: The Trinity

Players:
StarcraftVGames (60k)
Gravityhealer(50k)
[ S h i r o ]?(maybe)(45k)
Ultimatelord77(me)(75k atm but will get higher soon)

Time zones:(having the city is easier)
Montreal (Ultimatelord77)
Vancouver(Gravityhealer)
Alabama(StarcraftVGames)
Italy([ S h i r o ](not sure of city :/)

Once again this team is not confirmed yet I'll just pm you but feel free if you need any help organizing just ask me because I was Mechanic's second wing man in his tournament he just... yeah, just if you need help ask me or message him on skype asking for me. :D
Tsundere-Chan
thanks for doing this ! (´・ω・`)

Name : NEVERGIVEUP

Players
Tsundere-Chan 56k
Poppy507 61k
Viveliam 44k

Time zones
UTC-6
GMT
UTC+1
Naz G
team name: Excalibur
Players name: 1. Naz G [42k]
2. Tsukei29 - [68k]
3. _Kyuuru_ [67] (reserve)
Timezone: UTC+8,
HakuRyuu-
Team Name:
KawaiiCookies (Mechanic's tournament)

Players:
HakuRyuu- (Captain) 57k
CookieMonstuh 55k

Time Zones
GMT + 1
GMT + 2

Here is the info of my actual team and regarding my namechange info
Meganekko
I wouldnt mind participating, just would need to find a team. Lol if anyone needs 1 then im down.
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Currently I am not accepting new teams as Excalibur took the one open spot, but if any team from Mechanic's tournament do not respond by the end of next weekend I will make it free game for spots for the teams that do not convert over, but expect the tournament preview at least to start within 2 weekends.
Meganekko
Gotcha, im in a team from mechanics tournament but i didnt have the time to read your whole post so i didnt know you were taking teams from there as well.
WhakMyWontons
Team Cucumber will be joining from Mechanic's tournament
Players:
Electoz (48k)
HorizonAngel (40k)
Shrukagn (61k)
WhakMyWontons (48k)
EST-5
show more