11.50%
It makes things more difficult but I can play with it
30.09%
I can't play with it
31.86%
Total votes: 113
Topic Starter
Elessey
I'm currently making a mapool and I'm wondering if I should allow Hidden on HardRock and DoubleTime picks, just like in the world cup or leave it like it was before. Correct me if I'm wrong but that change has been made because some players can't play without it, right ?
I would like to know your opinion about hidden.

Read this after answering the poll
The problem :
Assuming a lot of players can't play without it, otherwise why did they allow HD on HR and DT picks ?
If there's a category of players that absolutely need hidden to play on any map, then I think it would give them a little unfair advantage over the player who finds it easier to play without.

Example :
Player A, usually plays without hidden, sometimes plays hidden for the added challenge, difficulty, score, pp.
Player B, only plays with hidden, can't play without it.
Both players play a DT map with no spinners. Let's assume both players have the exact same skill in their area of expertise, DT only for player A and HDDT for player B.
They both SS the map, but player B with the HD mod on, gets a higher score.

I think this is an unfair victory because the level of difficulty is exactly the same for both players. Player B doesn't play hidden because it's harder but because it's more confortable and easier. If it is easier, why should he get extra points ?
For those players, hidden has become a comfort mod just like in osu!mania. But it is not a problem there since there's no score multiplier. I wouldn't see the problem either if the match was accuracy only, players just play with whatever mod that makes them comfortable with no extra score.

The problem is also the same on HR or FreeMod, it's the same difficulty but player B will be more rewarded.

Possible solution :
Ideally there should be an option to remove the score multiplier. But players like me who find HD more difficult would still want the extra points because it's genuinely more difficult. On the other side players like Player B should have extra points for playing NoMod. It's complicated.
Making a HR and a DT only part in the mappool with a HDHR and HDDT part too. That solves the problem for HR and DT but not for FreeMod.
Finding a ratio where Player A has the same amount of maps in his expertise as Player B.
RAMPAGE88
It really depend on the map
Sometimes HD could make some notes more clear for me in AR9
But not always .However, below AR9 None is easier for the majority of people.
It is still a mod that makes a map a bit harder.
Idk what's wrong with people to judge about HD so much.
Everyone has trained a little to become good at that mod, since it's the easiest mod. (Not changing anything for example AR,BPM) just needs to focus on last fruit before dashing.
Ddraigon
I litteraly agree with Elessey although me, as player who always (even can't) play without HD.

We know that all players have their freedom to play with their favourite mod. But on tournament, all must fair and got same deal.

There are players find that play with HD are harder, but there are players find that play without HD are harder.
All of that is ability.

Tournament is a place to show your ability with fair rules.
So, we just find the solution that can show the player's ability with fair rules!

So, CtB Tournament can allow HD's mod on HR/DT mappools, with some note that x0.6 score multiplier on HD must be disable (if it's possible).
Nekuro
I can play with or without it, there is no difference
i mean, hidden doesn't make my game easier or harder
but again as rampage88 said, it depends on the map and also the player
some players relatively play hidden on high AR maps with their weakness of not being able to play hidden on low AR (8 or below)

As for mappool being unfair, i think you should just leave it be. If it's a tournament then it's a competition which means the better players will have dominance.
Don't underestimate hidden though, people using hidden in HR/DT mappool takes risk, too. Because when you play hidden, the risk of making mistake is higher than playing nomod.
CelegaS
I can't play hd because it make me missing 10 time more fruits than without. If i play more hd i can surely lower this problem.
I can't play hr because ar10 is too fast and i react too late because of the AR. If i play more hr it will change nothing because it's just too fast for ME & i have shit memory.
DT has the same problem as hr.

So i voted i can't play with it because i never play hd and when i play i hate missing and i can't know why. But if i try hard HD i can be really good but not as without HD.
winny XD

Nekuro wrote:

I can play with or without it, there is no difference
i mean, hidden doesn't make my game easier or harder
but again as rampage88 said, it depends on the map and also the player
some players relatively play hidden on high AR maps with their weakness of not being able to play hidden on low AR (8 or below)

As for mappool being unfair, i think you should just leave it be. If it's a tournament then it's a competition which means the better players will have dominance.
Don't underestimate hidden though, people using hidden in HR/DT mappool takes risk, too. Because when you play hidden, the risk of making mistake is higher than playing nomod.
PixelBeacon
I can not use HD.
It differ from each player to another, I personally find it hard since I almost always focus on the fruits after they reached half of their drop.
I am sure I can work on it, I just don't find it that important since there are plenty of other modes if HD is tough for you....
Cipse
Why don't you introduce a NoMod category?
Oh, ffs. I just realized the OP was 7 months old