forum

[invalid] Please don't remove post count in the new forum.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
please please, please don't.
i'll have to actually get good at the game for my posts to carry any weight to newer players in g&r. i've grown a lot more in relevant knowledge from reading and talking to pros than playing the game. I've basically only learned what NOT to do from playing, which is actually helpful when i give advice.

also, i've enjoyed watching it grow over the years, it's like pp without frustrating walls. I've always wanted a ranking list for postcount like some other forums and i've accepted that will never happen but to lose it entirely is just...

im sure there are others who share my sentiment.
deadbeat
post counts will not be included in the new forum
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
thank you for your understanding and listening, i think it's important that the community have input in the thing that is being made specifically for them to use. :) I'm glad we don't live in a forum where input is completely ignored.
Stefan
In the past people were shitposting and nercobumping stuff and raising by this way their post count up, complains and pointless discussions followed and everyone was just annoyed by people posting in threads without contribute good content (hi there o/).

I don't think this is the main reason but I guess it's just something unnecessary which can be left out.
Mahogany

Stefan wrote:

it's just something unnecessary which can be left out.
When do we draw the line where it's unnecessary, though? There are users who do enjoy the ability to see their post count...
Endaris
Most of all I enjoy the ability to do an automatic postsearch for a user by clicking the postcount on his profile.
Since the new design isn't final yet, I have to wait before I cry out for it.
- Marco -
Also postcount =/= quality of posting

<--
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko

Stefan wrote:

In the past people were shitposting and nercobumping stuff and raising by this way their post count up, complains and pointless discussions followed and everyone was just annoyed by people posting in threads without contribute good content (hi there o/).

I don't think this is the main reason but I guess it's just something unnecessary which can be left out.
in any case i dont mind, i am going to be keeping track of my post count in my signature from this point onwards.
i urge anyone else who cares to do the same
Bara-
Rip
So this also means the removal of titles >_>
I always preferred the old site, but with this, it's even more so

Why can't it be added on someone's profile then?
Sea_Food
What the fuck?

The post count is a core feature on forums in general. I understand that its a thing in the desing of this game to do literally everything different than everywhere else, even if there is absolutely zero reasoning for it but this is just dumb.

I havent tried to osu!next but i wonder does it even have a quote or PM feature. Or is that too mainstream aswell?
Endaris

Sea_Food wrote:

The post count is a core feature on forums in general.
No.
Halogen-

Sea_Food wrote:

What the fuck?
The post count is a core feature on forums in general. I understand that its a thing in the desing of this game to do literally everything different than everywhere else, even if there is absolutely zero reasoning for it but this is just dumb.
It is absolutely unnecessary to have post counts in forum boards; they are not a good metric of legitimate activity nor are they a metric of qualitative posting; if anything, having them displayed promotes users to post with substantially lower quality for the sole purpose of increasing that arbitrary number.

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

please please, please don't.
i'll have to actually get good at the game for my posts to carry any weight to newer players in g&r. i've grown a lot more in relevant knowledge from reading and talking to pros than playing the game. I've basically only learned what NOT to do from playing, which is actually helpful when i give advice.
also, this is a really poor mentality: you gain recognition for having expertise at what you do by having content that is noteworthy enough to follow and/or share - if you create an exceptional guide or have legitimate insight to share with others, those are the kinds of things that you can share in your signature for others to find; if it's good enough, it'll be content that is evergreen and won't just degrade/disappear because it has aged or because you are lacking in post count >__>
Sea_Food

Endaris wrote:

Sea_Food wrote:

The post count is a core feature on forums in general.
No.
Well out of the maybe 40 forums i ever used, all of them had this.
Bara-
And a bit unrelated
There are no icons on there, like bubbles and hearts, which are quite mandatory
And now I truly refuse to believe sitev2 exists
Endaris

Sea_Food wrote:

Well out of the maybe 40 forums i ever used, all of them had this.
Being used a lot doesn't make it a core feature. It's just extremely easy to implement and something that one certain kind of user is interested in - and in most cases it doesn't cause too much harm.
See Halogen-'s post, there is no immediate value assigned to posts and once you racked up a certain number of posts the amount doesn't even matter anymore. To give the post count any kind of value you'd have to restrict the areas in which it gets counted to the actual productive ones and that again provokes spam or low quality-posts in these areas to increase the post counter so the idea of restricting the post count areas basically kills itself.
While I slightly disagree upon removing titles as a rough indicator who spent much time in forums and who didn't, the accurate number of posts is completely useless.

Stop farming postcounts by writing "I agree" in feature requests, Baraatje :P
Stefan
beep boop