forum

Taiko General Discussion thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ney

Estaryo wrote:

A Keylayout where all keys are nearly at the same spot isnt good. i dont know exactly why, but your hand hands are free if keys are far apart from each other.
So what you did was definitly the right thing, and thats how the most Taiko-players play, if you look at Youtubevideo's or else^^
a compact layout like CVBN or FGHJ allows you to hit don finishers with one hand, so it has its uses

plus it makes it possible to play converts with 1/8's but that's a post for another time
hyliades

Nwolf wrote:

December ends with 1 less ranked map than 2014 and 2013, having 16 ranked maps! That's still not too bad cause judging by the current qualified maps we will have a good start in 2016!
guess we got another
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/353035
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
BAHAHA jumping on conclusions gg

also the list is fuller than ever, we're topping at 61 now~
Nwolf

hyliades wrote:

Nwolf wrote:

December ends with 1 less ranked map than 2014 and 2013, having 16 ranked maps! That's still not too bad cause judging by the current qualified maps we will have a good start in 2016!
guess we got another
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/353035
that IS no.16 C:
Ophthalmologist
Idk where to ask my question, so I'll just do it here.

I can FC 6-6.7* maps, but my low acc ruins all the pp. For example, I FC'ed PUPA on Hell Oni today with 95.00% (962 of 300's and 106 of 100's + 1 Katu) and got 264pp (which sucks for such a difficult map). HR and DT are pure hell for me because of that. Can't normally play anything with OD>6.

So, any tips on improving acc?
OnosakiHito
I will wish everyone of you a happy new year! That all of us have a happy and succesfull new year and that our community will continue going forward together. As every year, it was a pleassure to work with you all together! Ono loves you :D

karterfreak

CyIIEP CyC wrote:

Idk where to ask my question, so I'll just do it here.

I can FC 6-6.7* maps, but my low acc ruins all the pp. For example, I FC'ed PUPA on Hell Oni today with 95.00% (962 of 300's and 106 of 100's + 1 Katu) and got 264pp (which sucks for such a difficult map). HR and DT are pure hell for me because of that. Can't normally play anything with OD>6.

So, any tips on improving acc?
Best way to get good at acc is to drop to slightly easier maps and focus entirely on accuracy. Add HR to as many 5/6* maps you can without making it too hard to read to get used to both higher SV and timing your hits better. Set goals (IE: An OD6 FC isn't good enough unless above 99%, OD7 not good enough unless 98%, etc.) Eventually you'll just start noticing you're more accurate over time.

edit: finding what your local offset is for songs that are slightly mistimed also helps, but is probably not the reason you're struggling with OD7+
Ophthalmologist

Tasha wrote:

Best way to get good at acc is to drop to slightly easier maps and focus entirely on accuracy. Add HR to as many 5/6* maps you can without making it too hard to read to get used to both higher SV and timing your hits better. Set goals (IE: An OD6 FC isn't good enough unless above 99%, OD7 not good enough unless 98%, etc.) Eventually you'll just start noticing you're more accurate over time.

edit: finding what your local offset is for songs that are slightly mistimed also helps, but is probably not the reason you're struggling with OD7+
Thanks, I'll try all of this :)
-Sh1n1-

OnosakiHito wrote:

I will wish everyone of you a happy new year! That all of us have a happy and succesfull new year and that our community will continue going forward together. As every year, it was a pleassure to work with you all together! Ono loves you :D

happy new year ono senpai
goatlife
I'm actually getting cancer from the increased amount of kkkd mapping pls stop
OzzyOzrock
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) new meta bitch get used to it 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
goatlife
snz

goatlife wrote:

weird :o
Kuro
pls...
i singletapped Camellia - Routing and still failed lmao

too pro to pass the map
not really, I just suck at this game
goatlife

Kuro wrote:

too pro to pass the map
literally same
snz

Kuro wrote:

too pro to pass the map
You're Lying!?
OnosakiHito
For the tatacon interested: t/258400&start=0
Raiden
t/407513

APPLY NOW GUYS
Kuro
no thanks, bn too stronk

i miss my days as a CAT tho... rip
Dogspring
Where can I find the black and white Taiko character that everybody seems to use? I really like it and tried to search for it, but no luck so far..
nakanotsu nimi

Dogspring wrote:

Where can I find the black and white Taiko character that everybody seems to use? I really like it and tried to search for it, but no luck so far..

shinchikuhome's skin, asuasu_yura's skin
OnosakiHito

Kuro wrote:

no thanks, bn too stronk

i miss my days as a CAT tho... rip
While I feel alone.
[Ayase Eli]
It's so dead in here.
Amane
true
Kuro
it's deader than dead in here
snz

Kuro wrote:

Why you're reading this? lol
Kuro

Ppus wrote:

Kuro wrote:

Why you're reading this? lol
lmao, i actually read it
you got me good with that one
Nwolf
First month of 2016 ended with 17 maps ranked! with 6 of them having x-rated diffs wth
Nofool
Would be more interesting to know how many from TNA and how many from outside n_n.. (from TNA = the map was submitted to the queue ofc)
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
who ACTUALLY cares about TNA-induced ranking or not

smh
Nwolf
8 maps total through TNA

gotta add though that several BNs had to study this month and couldn't do much in OR out of TNA.
Nwolf
15 maps for February, again with 1/3 of them having X-rated diff

this thread is so dead
roufou
I wish the taiko community would intereact with each other more than just talking in #taiko and working together to rank their maps.

I mean we sometimes do have tournaments which is nice, but I feel like more community activity would be nice...Too bad few people would actually participate if we did something.
LZD

agu wrote:

I wish the taiko community would intereact with each other more than just talking in #taiko and working together to rank their maps.

I mean we sometimes do have tournaments which is nice, but I feel like more community activity would be nice...Too bad few people would actually participate if we did something.
this +1. But it's way easier to not interact
dewero
What would we even do in the first place?
roufou
play team fortress 2

nah I actually don't know, which is kind of sad
LZD
being less harsh with newscomers, i know its sad to see them play converteds. i think more people will interact on #taiko at least
OnosakiHito
Interesting. Well, I have something which might interest some of you, since it is about current topic. Maybe give it a read?
https://trello.com/b/PG85Gkqm/ono-s-room (some things might be outdated because I made this a year ago)
Kurokotei
>Music Maker Club

I DON'T FEEL TARGETED AT ALL (neither does Gezo)
Nwolf
you make music? 0.0
show more