forum

CoD 'scrolling'

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X
Any other osu! players get called out for macroing or 'scrolling' in a any Call of Duty game for PC online multiplayer FPS for PC?
Using any semi-automatic weapon, and quickly firing via fast clicks?
Apparently a lot of PC COD players can't do this so they use their scroll wheel as a kind of macro to fire.
I personally have never done this, but I'm often accused of doing it.

I attribute my fast clicking ability to playing osu! ^_^
I'm wondering if any other osu!ers get the same thing?
Mara
I also click really fast that I don't need scrolling.

"How you do fire that USP so fast?!?!"
Pokebis
I should map my osu! clicks to my scroll button and see if I can do deathstreams.
Also, back in the day, people used to call you out for aimbotting as a get out of suck free card.
awp
guns fire quickly

this is news

to them what difference does it make whether you use your LMB or your scroll wheel? You're still just shooting fast. As if it is a valid technique based on whether or not you're clicking or wheeling.

Besides, without the mousewheel how would you scroll your we-oh wait CoD
adam2046
There was a vid of this guy at E3 on Classic Game Room. He was selling custom Xbox360 controllers for CoD players or something that had a button that allowed you to change how you fired weapons so you could hold down the trigger and fire a pistol like a machine gun.
He was talking as if this was a natural thing for a CoD player to be doing.

It was a nice looking controller though...
Metroid

DataCirno wrote:

I also click really fast that I don't need scrolling.

"How you do fire that USP so fast?!?!"
Same here, I use my mouse wheel for melee so I don't have to move much at all to melee out of the blue, I just click SUPAAA FAYAAAST!
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X

awp wrote:

As if it is a valid technique based on whether or not you're clicking or wheeling.
It's not considered skillful, pro. or good to use the wheel for this purpose, as a skilled player can achieve the same thing without wheeling
Ephemeral
The same effect is achieved either way so who cares

I used to play 2142 a lot and people would bitch at me for doing a similar thing with the EU revolver and the Krylov

The bitching does not change the fact that my score was almost always three or four times more than theirs