Total Posts

How's the skin?

It's great! I use it out of the box, unedited, and I like the new innovations
70.84%
It's good, I just get used to the things that aren't so good
12.26%
Its ok, I used the options folder to change some elements
7.99%
I use some elements from this skin in my own private skin, but I don't use the original
5.01%
Nah stuff this
3.90%
Total votes: 1077
show more
Adrelandro
looks neat
Em4gon
It's beautiful ^^
_Indeketsu
Wow, looks great, good job!!
_Indeketsu
star2.png needs to be more smaller, it's too distracting in kiai time.
The hitcircle looks ugly in sliders, they need to be more bigger
The fail-background.png doesn't fit at all in the screen like pause-background.png
The selection mods icons need more work, the selection-mod-nightcore looks ugly

This skin is very great, I wating for view this in a final version in the future!
Emdyion
I assume you want to change the style of the spinner to the OLD spinner style?

In that case, I think you should look at this: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skinning_Tutori ... rd#Spinner

Apparently the new style is used when there is no spinner-background.

Skin looks pretty good.
I had a bit of trouble reading with these approach circles (especially when the circles are close/stacked where it's a bit hard to see them), but it might just be something to adapt to.

Keep up the great work!
Adrelandro
"I cant get the spinner to change... anyone know how?"

It might be the skin Version.. as peppy said never use latest i think 2.5 is the latest version so yea also what exactly aren't you able to change the spinner in general or just parts of it? from Version 1 to 2 the filenames got completly changed

Edit: can't seem to download the skin sry
Topic Starter
-yuo-
This should be fixed, (link below) although please screenshot your screen. I am unsure about the text on it

tonystarks2 wrote:

star2.png needs to be more smaller, it's too distracting in kiai time.

The hitcircle looks ugly in sliders, they need to be more bigger

The fail-background.png doesn't fit at all in the screen like pause-background.png

The selection mods icons need more work, the selection-mod-nightcore looks ugly

This skin is very great, I wating for view this in a final version in the future!

Haruto wrote:

uh... the fail-background seems like "halfed" you know what i mean.
its like, not the whole screen covered by the background
it only covers on the centre of the screen.
also for the hit-circle. i think it size should be a bit bigger. the current one is interrupts my reading tho ;w;

imo the skin is great. very simple, modern-look and glowy. i really like it :3
keep up the good work UO!
Could you two screenshot the failed and pause screen please?

also here's a debugging tool:

i put some personal notes on it, ignore those, but you can see 'MY SCREEN'
the screens your'e using are much wider right?

Thanks for your positive feedback!

FAIL BACKGROUND FIX (i think)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uuz6vaa75emqsrg/AAAzOImrUR4bqQiU_gQf2VLva?dl=0

Answers to your questions here!
Main points:
Selection Mods
Fail BG
Bigger Hitcircle
Smaller Particles

Selection Mods:
Sorry, this skin was very rushed. And plus, my photoshop is CS4, soo... it's old...
it could be because of the conversion from PSD to PNG. There's a fix. You might see a white outline around items sometimes.
I do plan to upgrade them but I ran out of time

If you see any weird fade transitions please report the file

Fail BG:
Remember that this skin was made to work on 16:10 ratio. as said earlier, a screenshot would be helpful. I also found this weird ahis i expected the pause and fail bg to be the same, but when i made it, i had to shift the text and the line a bit to make it the same..

Bigger Hitcircle:
I have experimented with a normal-sized hit circle, it looks weird in my opinion, but i'll make a variation so people who aren't so comfortable with the new concepts could enjoy too.

Smaller Particles:
Smaller Particles grab your eyes more than bigger particles. I plan to make some variations like off and soft
the aim of the particles was to make a foggy feel so it would be like flying through clouds sorta thing...

New Concepts (to avoid any misunderstandings, and to understand why they are designed like it)
The spot-type approach circle helps you see the next circle better. also neater. no labyrinths of rings.

'Animated' followpoint lets you follow the right line

Slightly smaller hit circle makes it look better in slider (in my opinion, comparing to my other prototypes)

Slightly clear hit circle also lets you see stacked notes better, (altho i do have a problem with stacked approach circles... tried as much as I could to stop over-saturation. Currently it actually has a barley noticeable gradient and isn't solid...

So there, most of your FAQs that you didn't post yet answered. just wanted to clarify

Also the options folder is coming out asap.
Topic Starter
-yuo-

Adrelandro wrote:

"I cant get the spinner to change... anyone know how?"

It might be the skin Version.. as peppy said never use latest i think 2.5 is the latest version so yea also what exactly aren't you able to change the spinner in general or just parts of it? from Version 1 to 2 the filenames got completly changed

Edit: can't seem to download the skin sry

Thanks but i tried changing the ini and also the names...
trying again, hope it works

[s]what's the problem with it?
'link won't open'
'file won't download'
'file does not work after downloading'

i would like to help![/s]

Done. Fixed. It should work now!
Adrelandro
thnx for fixing the downloadlink...which part of the spinner do you want to change i don't get it? or did you fix it already seems fine to me
xi9w
Shit's lookin good man. Can't wait to see more of your work around here!
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Uh... the spinner isn't mine...

But i did make one, i can't apply it though.

Are you seeing this:

Adrelandro
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4298735 this is how the spinners look for me
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Wierrrd...

ok then everythyngs fine (for you)

error on my end

SORRY EVERYONE!
Adrelandro
weird....

don't mind you couldn't have known it

thanks for makeing such an awsomeskin
Topic Starter
-yuo-
heh heh thanks!

thanks for your help too
Topic Starter
-yuo-
The input overlay has been recovered!

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ls782zp1wc6ytjv/AADE5DvE1UAVkPDyc4NnJoh6a?dl=0

I wish the anchor points were different though. If it was, i would've done something awesome... But there it is...

It's now integrated with the skin.
Haruto

you can see it right?
it only covers on the centre of the screen. not the whole screen
also, so that's why the hit circle is kinda hard to read because the hitcircleoverlay is a blank one =w=
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Try this:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uuz6vaa75emqsrg/AAAzOImrUR4bqQiU_gQf2VLva?dl=0
The images for this is included in the options folder.

The background should work but the text in the background, I dunno... it could be misaligned.

What do you mean by 'hard to read?'

Having trouble seeing the circle or numbers not contrast enough??
Haruto

UO 073 wrote:

What do you mean by 'hard to read?'

Having trouble seeing the circle or numbers not contrast enough??
nope it is just because your current hitcircleoverlay is a blank one(like it didn't use a hitcircleoverlay) so that's why i cant read a circle properly on the game
Topic Starter
-yuo-
okay then.

the options folder is now in construction.

I did some hit circle variations:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zpkr7th066me4ei/AAB-C7ckhkHjJztAvK4zd_lVa?dl=0
The images for this is included in the options folder.

'BLACK'

'WHITE'

(soz if the image is too big, i have a retina screen)
FieryLight
This skin looks so wicked. But with a lot of notes near one and another and the cursor being all white, I occasionally lose track of where the cursor is =/
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Thanks for your comment!

i'll try working on a cursor variation ;)

A new cursor has been made here:

The images for this are included in the options folder.

Check it out! other things also added like:

Topic Starter
-yuo-
I am working on the custom scorebar instructions, and I dunno how to get skins folder on PC...

Can anyone explain???

Is there a path you can type into the path bar or something?
Topic Starter
-yuo-
------------------ ↓ BETA VERSION 2.0 ↓ ------------------

Comments are related to beta version 2.0.

As always, every new version has new problems. if you find anything wrong, reporting it is very helpful. thanks! :)
deadbeat
oh man, that approach circle. dear god D:
anyway, it looks like just the target practice mod icon is missing
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Deadbeat, what do you mean by the approach circle? i'll be happy to fix it if somethings wrong...

And plus, what's target mode? a new mod? I have the mac version so it may be out of date..
Topic Starter
-yuo-
------------------ ↓ VERSION 3.0! ↓ ------------------

Comments are related to skin version 3.0.

If you find anything wrong, or you want to suggest something, reporting it here as a comment is very helpful. thanks! :)
O2MasterFX
Okay, so your mania skin is a minimalist type...

1. Make the notes and keys more saturated. It helps mania players to read certain notes.
2. Rework your unranked sprite. Doesn't fit with your mania skin
3. Mania hitscore, instead of soft lighting, I prefer to use hitscore. To fit in better, reduce the size of the combo fonts. All of that should do the trick.

Else, Dim your ranking screen. I couldn't see my score on several occasions.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Yeh, thanks for the advice!

that sounds good to put into the options folder. I'm not sure with the unranked tho... i'll experiment.

Again, thanks for the advice! It is a beta, and your advice was really helpful.

btw what do you mean 'more saturated' and 'It helps mania players to read certain notes.'
It would be helpful if i knew why you find it hard to read...
e.g.
•cant see the notes
•don't know which key presses a note
etc...

THANKS!
O2MasterFX
Some players requires to know which notes hit which keys. It's to make them easier to play. High-tier players read these notes by columns. Increase the colors on each columns and add subtle color on keys helps them (because your theme is minimalist, then I suggest the key colors are subtle but still recognizable to match them with the notes).
OsuMe65
Don't collage your previews. It's ugly.
Quite hard to see what your skin can offer with that collage.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Ok, thanks for your suggestion, and yeh...

The whole point of this skin is to introduce new mechanics, and i have an idea...
Needs a test though. And i'll be using your idea anyway.

Thanks!!! really helpful
NeXt4r_
this is perfect
NeXt4r_

UO 073 wrote:

Thanks for your comment!

why it wont let me :(
OsuMe65
Since constructive criticism is shit, and will be shit for starters, imma go point fixes straightforward.

1. Don't blacken approachcircle.png border. Can't be seen in 80%~100% dim.
  2. Remove playfield, lobby-background. It's poop and doesn't even exist.
  3. Fix inputoverlay using any of these three ways.
    1. Rework it
    2. Change inputoverlay to white
    3. Set InputOverlayText to 255,255,255, under [Colours] in your skin.ini
  4. Use 1x1 .png on ranking-maxcombo and ranking-accuracy
  5. ranking-B-small and raking-D-small glow abuse. Glow reaches canvass borders.
  6. Place 100% and an indicator at scorebar-bg, not on the color. Players might assume they're in full health, even tho actual life reading is at 99.9 %
  7. menu-back's top line doesn't touch that of selection-mode's
Topic Starter
-yuo-

faiswusuf wrote:

UO 073 wrote:

Thanks for your comment!
why it wont let me :(
Use the 'options folder' download in the main post above (or on the first page).

OsuMe65 wrote:

Since constructive criticism is shit, and will be shit for starters, imma go point fixes straightforward.
  1. Don't blacken approachcircle.png border. Can't be seen in 80%~100% dim.
  2. Remove playfield, lobby-background. It's poop and doesn't even exist.
  3. Fix inputoverlay using any of these three ways.
    1. Rework it
    2. Change inputoverlay to white
    3. Set InputOverlayText to 255,255,255, under [Colours] in your skin.ini
  4. Use 1x1 .png on ranking-maxcombo and ranking-accuracy
  5. ranking-B-small and raking-D-small glow abuse. Glow reaches canvass borders.
  6. Place 100% and an indicator at scorebar-bg, not on the color. Players might assume they're in full health, even tho actual life reading is at 99.9 %
  7. menu-back's top line doesn't touch that of selection-mode's
Time for some reasoning... :P i'll go by your suggestions:

•This approachcircle black border thing was introduced in v3.0 bcuz without the border, it made things hard to see when there are stacked notes. The actual thing you are looking for is the edge of the colour. (with this skin, forget about logic and play with your instincts. Just. Play.)

•play field background... is there because the skin i used as a base for this had it. i'll remove.

•Input overlay... is fine to me... you suggested to change the text to white... it is white... maybe the osu version i'm running is different. (stable fallback, i have mac and osu not the same ver as windows.) I'll put it into the skin.ini anyway

•1x1 image, ok sure

•ranking small letters - they don't glow and they are designed like that. It's a small transparent 'card'. You missed the fact that it's the same for all the other letters, but nice pickup. that reminds me of the 'glow abuse' on the big ranking letters...

•100% in score is in the colour because it appears when it's near 100% and can be animated. and a half-appeared 100% doesn't really look 100% anyway right? the point of it is to give confidence, not to show an actual stat, which needs to be accurate. (also cbs exporting 200 files on CS4 it takes ages... like 3 hrs legit not kidding.

•Menu back has gap when it 'touches' the mode image because that's osu's image limit. Osu crops the menu back image there so i cant do anything about it.

Overall, Thanks for helping i didn't even notice some of these!! :) and just play! I've given it more thought than visible... Thanks for your help!
OsuMe65
I see, welp. Wave 2

• This approachcircle black border thing was introduced in v3.0 bcuz without the border, it made things hard to see when there are stacked notes. The actual thing you are looking for is the edge of the colour. (with this skin, forget about logic and play with your instincts. Just. Play.)
  1. 25% or 50% Gray will do. Instinct won't do for some players. If ya wanna leave it as is, might as well drop a message that says "Good Luck."
    Input overlay... is fine to me... you suggested to change the text to white... it is white... maybe the osu version i'm running is different. (stable fallback, i have mac and osu not the same ver as windows.) I'll put it into the skin.ini anyway
  2. I'm CE based. Soon enough, that will come to the build you're using. Use it for insurance.
    ranking small letters - they don't glow and they are designed like that. It's a small transparent 'card'. You missed the fact that it's the same for all the other letters, but nice pickup. that reminds me of the 'glow abuse' on the big ranking letters...

3. proof of agreement. should be Left > Right, as what you said (or my suggestion: Right > Left with minimal glow). You're welcome.
    •100% in score is in the colour because it appears when it's near 100% and can be animated. and a half-appeared 100% doesn't really look 100% anyway right? the point of it is to give confidence, not to show an actual stat, which needs to be accurate.
  4. Oh. So leave it as is then... Anyway, scrubs have so much pride. Fooling them is a good idea since too much confidence has a 50% chance to kill pride. Good job. also...
    (also cbs exporting 200 files on CS4 it takes ages... like 3 hrs legit not kidding.)
    my most sincere condolence to your rig. you're skilled, yes but your rig failed you.
    Menu back has gap when it 'touches' the mode image because that's osu's image limit. Osu crops the menu back image there so i cant do anything about it.
  5. osu! does not crop (in some rare cases). osu! upscales; you're just about 8 pixels (width-wise) short on that menu-back.
Anyway, shit. Looks promising. Letter "O" turns me off but fuck that.
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Everyone else, avoid this defensive reply. It's just showing i've considered these problems, and i am keeping them the same.
for the purpose of making my point,

Defence 2:

OsuMe65 wrote:

25% or 50% Gray will do. Instinct won't do for some players. If ya wanna leave it as is, might as well drop a message that says "Good Luck."
go ahead and set approach circle to clean spot in the options. It's there for a reason. If not, it already is 50% opacity, and its even a shadow.

OsuMe65 wrote:

I'm CE based. Soon enough, that will come to the build you're using. Use it for insurance.
Input overlay... is fine to me... you suggested to change the text to white... it is white... maybe the osu version i'm running is different. (stable fallback, i have mac and osu not the same ver as windows.) I'll put it into the skin.ini anyway

Stable Release (2015-10-17)

Here’s the promised stable release, supporting El Capitan. Yes, we are still running under wine, but we are working in parallel on a native version (it’s just not quite ready yet)!

Note that you will need to allow the app access to run the first time you run it. You can do this by right-clicking the osu! bundle (after extracting from the dmg) and clicking Open. Full instructions are available here.

Things to note:

osu! will automatically update going forward, but the app bundle won’t. I suggest you bookmark this site and check back every month or two for new bundle releases.
You will be locked to the Stable (Fallback) release stream. This is intentional, as it is the only one which will work for this release.
Download here

If you have any issues, please leave a comment on this post!

but yeh, there is an update. that doesn't work 4 me. Glad they are working on it though!

OsuMe65 wrote:

proof of agreement. should be Left > Right, as what you said (or my suggestion: Right > Left with minimal glow). You're welcome.
hmm...

you need to make sure your point is correct. i didn't edit it right there to show you that, because you can see it in your version of my skin in osu, in the leaderboard when you click a song.

OsuMe65 wrote:

osu! does not crop (in some rare cases). osu! upscales; you're just about 8 pixels (width-wise) short on that menu-back.
Try this:
http://puu.sh/pttqz/8c279d7b63.png
It's extended for you.

i used circular dot points... but who cares.

the main point here is, don't fire faults so quickly, and check your info. Also, i'll edit the things that really can be fixed and are not fixed yet. like the input overlay text (for latest stream) and glow for big ranking letters. thanks for pointing that out!
(sorry i sound very arrogant here...)
OsuMe65
Your graduation wave
  1. can't argue anymore on that approachcircle. try to go overboard a little bit on that. if outcome is ugly, revert.
  2. intentional abuse in small ranking letters can't be seen so easily, that's why i called.
  3. regarding on that menu-back, that's what i'm talking about. tried and finally fits.

To end this shit, I volunteer to do HD Remasters of this skin.
Can only do this much http://puu.sh/ptBr9.rar
Topic Starter
-yuo-
Okay okay, so we're all settled?

I see what you meant now cuz of the images... but really sorry, they make things hard to see... thanks for the attempt tho!

+ menu back not work for me... but works for u so ok!
show more