forum

kors k feat. Yukacco - On The Beat (Akira Complex Remix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Voxnola
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, March 6, 2017 at 11:27:16 PM

Artist: kors k feat. Yukacco
Title: On The Beat (Akira Complex Remix)
Tags: dubstep S2TBGathering 2014 C86 S2TB Gathering
BPM: 170
Filesize: 9361kb
Play Time: 05:02
Difficulties Available:
  1. Let's Dance (4.81 stars, 906 notes)
Download: kors k feat. Yukacco - On The Beat (Akira Complex Remix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
rest in peace
WE WILL BE THE ONE
~the enjoyment depends on you~
↑click here↑
show me how much you can style on me
Maruyu
ty
Heanday
Hp 3, ok, i'm safe
UndeadCapulet
i love every second of this omg
Topic Starter
Voxnola
But can I get away with any of it? #therealquestion
>~>
-Lemons
Nothing wrong with a little reading challenge every now and then 8-)
-kevincela-
nice
Charles445
ez
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4078048
spaced stream is pretty out of place though
Topic Starter
Voxnola

Charles445 wrote:

ez
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4078048
spaced stream is pretty out of place though
o dam.
Rip fc
Gotcha
Squichu
You were kinda right about this, while I don't hate it, I absolutely can't mod it.
Sorry for that, hoped to be of help this time. :/
But I can't even play it, so I don't know how I could help improve it.

All I could say would be that the beginning was really confusing to play becaue all of the 1/1 and 1/2 beats have the same distance from each other.
Then again, better players should be able to read that without and problems, I guess~ so Idk.
00:31:000 (1) - imo should be two circles cause two seperate sounds on the white ticks.

And I died after that part so...
I wish you the best of luck finding modders for this and getting it ranked.
The style's really nice and it looks like you put so much effort in already, kinda sad I can't help you. >o<

Really, good luck!
//squee
Topic Starter
Voxnola
xD yeep Ohhh boy.... This'll be a difficult journey
Ty Squirrel for looking, I really do appreciate it
UndeadCapulet

Naitoshi wrote:

Or you could just ask really crazy people like me to mod and everything will go fine!

Complex

I replaced your bg with some random image while modding. If you see the Windows logo in the screenshots, that's why.

00:29:676 (1) - Remove this NC. The SV change is already easily readable because of the rhythm structure/note layout. At best, all this does is clutter things up; at worst, it will confuse people into thinking the rhythm will change here. Same for 00:40:970 (4) - or any other place where NC'ing for an SV change will clash with NC'ing for the complex rhythm.

01:18:559 (6,1) - Bring these closer together. The rhythm structure here is different from what we're used to because of 01:17:235 (5,1) - , we need to make the 1/4 gap here more obvious. Everything else is fine after this, because the rhythm stays consistent so everything can be expected, but this first one needs to be as readable as possible. Same for 03:11:764 (6,1) - .

01:25:176 (3,4) - Right now 3 feels really far away from 4 because you have to speed up to hit 4 after finishing 3's sliderbody. Since they're all on the same line of travel, this feels weird to play. If you ctrl+g 3, the motion will be the same as 01:26:235 (7,8) - , which plays a lot nicer because of the direction change. Or you could just do something like this if you aren't attached to the current slider structure.

01:39:823 (2,1) - This angle seems really arbitrary/random. This is the first time these kiai synths have shown up in the song, and especially after you used the same slider twice (01:38:764 (1,2) - ), the 1/4 distance can be unexpected. There are basically two arrangements that keep the distance you want that still make the 1/4 snap easy to read. You could form a right angle like so. People like snapping at right angles, so they're more inclined to hold on the sliderbody as long as they can. The other option is to place the second slider close to the first slider's head, like so. 2's sliderhead is a natural returning point for the hand, and with the two approach circles so close together, it's very easy to read. You actually do this kind of thing the second time these synths appear, but it's more important to do it here. (These arrangements will still work even if you change the slider designs, btw)

01:50:059 (1,1) - This is pretty cool, but you really need the circle to line up with the curve of the sliderbody. Right now it feels more like a sharp turn off of the slidertail instead of a complete direction change. And this also causes the 1/4 distance to be harder to read than it should be. If the layout was more like this, it would be a lot better. Also applies to 02:12:647 (1,1) - .

01:59:588 (2,3,1) - lol could you fix the stacking please :P

03:20:059 (3) - NC here, it's very hard to tell the 1/6 from the 1/4, NC'ing will help at least a little. Also NC at 01:27:117 (3) - for consistency.

03:28:441 (4,1) - I know Charles said the spaced stream was out of place, but a streamjump is much more out of place. It's 3 and a half minutes in to the map, and we've never done a streamjump before, throwing one in now feels random. (Oh and make the NC jobs at 01:35:588 (5,6,7,1) - and 03:28:529 (1,2,3,4,5) - consistent in one way or another)

03:31:353 (1,1,1) - It is reallly hard to tell this is 1/3. Though tbh I've done a lot of fiddling around and I really don't know what would make this any easier. The closest I've come up with is something like this, where you form a line with the sliderheads to smoothly curve into the next sliderbody, but I still don't think it works out that well. Removing the NC's on the 1/6 sliders kinda helps, but not really. Try to fiddle around with it some more if you can, but I'm at a bit of a loss here. (Honestly I tried just making them into just a 1/3 repeat slider and I think it works fine, the emphasis isn't really lost in this instance, it ends up similar to 04:38:764 (1) - . Consider it as an option, at least)

03:42:294 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - These NC's need to be structured like so. This makes it more obvious these are 1/6 sliders and not 1/4, because the NC's are on white ticks like normal. But also, there's a clear increase in volume at 03:42:647 (2) - that doesn't happen at the places you've NC'd. It makes more sense to NC here. Same for 04:04:882 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - .

04:05:941 (2) - Shouldn't there be a 1/4 snap here as well, the way it is at 03:43:000 (1,1) - ?

04:53:235 (6) - Well, stacking here covers up the repeat, so this can be pretty annoying on first play. Just let the arrow peak out slightly and it should be fine. Same applies to the other 1/16 sliders.

---
I think that's everything from me, hope I was helpful. Change the bg please :v
This map is really wonderful, good luck with ranking!
Topic Starter
Voxnola
omg I love you, you crazy person

(replies later busy cause cwismwis) replying -> 12/28
Topic Starter
Voxnola
UndeadCapulet mod

UndeadCapulet wrote:

Naitoshi wrote:

Or you could just ask really crazy people like me to mod and everything will go fine!

Complex

I replaced your bg with some random image while modding. If you see the Windows logo in the screenshots, that's why. I will change, lol (back to bou nin again...)

00:29:676 (1) - Remove this NC. The SV change is already easily readable because of the rhythm structure/note layout. At best, all this does is clutter things up; at worst, it will confuse people into thinking the rhythm will change here. Same for 00:40:970 (4) - or any other place where NC'ing for an SV change will clash with NC'ing for the complex rhythm. I feel like the rhythm is so implanted at this point that the player can already tell what they are going to be. The NC's are for that added effect, the slider v change, and the background electronic volume increment

01:18:559 (6,1) - Bring these closer together. The rhythm structure here is different from what we're used to because of 01:17:235 (5,1) - , we need to make the 1/4 gap here more obvious. Everything else is fine after this, because the rhythm stays consistent so everything can be expected, but this first one needs to be as readable as possible. Same for 03:11:764 (6,1) - . Okie for the first one I believe the second one is alright

01:25:176 (3,4) - Right now 3 feels really far away from 4 because you have to speed up to hit 4 after finishing 3's sliderbody. Since they're all on the same line of travel, this feels weird to play. If you ctrl+g 3, the motion will be the same as 01:26:235 (7,8) - , which plays a lot nicer because of the direction change. Or you could just do something like this if you aren't attached to the current slider structure. I believe that the first one feels good because there ISN'T a direction change

01:39:823 (2,1) - This angle seems really arbitrary/random. This is the first time these kiai synths have shown up in the song, and especially after you used the same slider twice (01:38:764 (1,2) - ), the 1/4 distance can be unexpected. There are basically two arrangements that keep the distance you want that still make the 1/4 snap easy to read. You could form a right angle like so. People like snapping at right angles, so they're more inclined to hold on the sliderbody as long as they can. The other option is to place the second slider close to the first slider's head, like so. 2's sliderhead is a natural returning point for the hand, and with the two approach circles so close together, it's very easy to read. You actually do this kind of thing the second time these synths appear, but it's more important to do it here. (These arrangements will still work even if you change the slider designs, btw) This one's a bit tricky. I could rearrange this pattern, but I'll have no idea what that would do to the "hidden" flow. Now, I did rotate the second slider and bring it closer to the next one, hopefully it'll be enough. As it is a good point, I'll have this in my blue suggestions >~> But for now, this isn't something that I would drastically change at the moment.

01:50:059 (1,1) - This is pretty cool, but you really need the circle to line up with the curve of the sliderbody. Right now it feels more like a sharp turn off of the slidertail instead of a complete direction change. And this also causes the 1/4 distance to be harder to read than it should be. If the layout was more like this, it would be a lot better. Also applies to 02:12:647 (1,1) - . You see, originally I had it like this, but then I mapped onward. I wanted the flow from the circle to the next slider to be way more ambiguous than it was so I copied an LC pattern >~> The horizontal jump feels soooo much better than it would have felt if I kept it that way, especially since that next slider has a clockwise direction

01:59:588 (2,3,1) - lol could you fix the stacking please :P OMG ROUNDING ERRORS. SLIDER ENDS WILL NOT STACK EF THIS

03:20:059 (3) - NC here, it's very hard to tell the 1/6 from the 1/4, NC'ing will help at least a little. Also NC at 01:27:117 (3) - for consistency. ye, gotcha

03:28:441 (4,1) - I know Charles said the spaced stream was out of place, but a streamjump is much more out of place. It's 3 and a half minutes in to the map, and we've never done a streamjump before, throwing one in now feels random. (Oh and make the NC jobs at 01:35:588 (5,6,7,1) - and 03:28:529 (1,2,3,4,5) - consistent in one way or another) Yeah, I got this too. I don't think the NCs have to be consistent at these points. I mapped them differently and the second section of kiais are different too

03:31:353 (1,1,1) - It is reallly hard to tell this is 1/3. Though tbh I've done a lot of fiddling around and I really don't know what would make this any easier. The closest I've come up with is something like this, where you form a line with the sliderheads to smoothly curve into the next sliderbody, but I still don't think it works out that well. Removing the NC's on the 1/6 sliders kinda helps, but not really. Try to fiddle around with it some more if you can, but I'm at a bit of a loss here. (Honestly I tried just making them into just a 1/3 repeat slider and I think it works fine, the emphasis isn't really lost in this instance, it ends up similar to 04:38:764 (1) - . Consider it as an option, at least) Don't worry, I was on the fence about this too xd, but this will definitely be change to something better. I really like your suggestion. I just will blue suggestion suggestions to this so that I can find the optimal answer from them or from myself. I will consider 1/3 repeat too.

03:42:294 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - These NC's need to be structured like so. This makes it more obvious these are 1/6 sliders and not 1/4, because the NC's are on white ticks like normal. But also, there's a clear increase in volume at 03:42:647 (2) - that doesn't happen at the places you've NC'd. It makes more sense to NC here. Same for 04:04:882 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - . yeahmmmmm

04:05:941 (2) - Shouldn't there be a 1/4 snap here as well, the way it is at 03:43:000 (1,1) - ? no, 3 clicks in a row is gross... also they're different. Extending sliders just adds that extra soft sound (which sounds so cool before a finish-clap). I will allow myself to only do it once in a subsection

04:53:235 (6) - Well, stacking here covers up the repeat, so this can be pretty annoying on first play. Just let the arrow peak out slightly and it should be fine. Same applies to the other 1/16 sliders. I'm actually going to rework this section soon. Not too much, just forgot signature pattern ._. The stacks will be removed and this whole section will play a lot smoother (promise)

---
I think that's everything from me, hope I was helpful. Change the bg please :v
This map is really wonderful, good luck with ranking!
Great insight
Thank you Capulet. I appreciate it very much! ^^

UPDATED
Mint
Hi!
You sent me quite a few requests already, seems like you're having trouble finding mods (?)
Anyways, from PM request.

:idea: General

* Unused hitsounds:
soft-hitclap2.wav
, soft-slidertick2.wav
, soft-slidertick3.wav
* You can't silence both slider slide & slider tick sounds. This counts for S:C1, C2 & C3

:arrow: Testplay

* Insane - Score ~ Replay

Insane

* HP3 is way too low & really lame... I understand why you may put it that low, since it's a rather gimmicky map, but this is just too easy. I highly recommend using at least HP5.
* 02:45:823 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - Strange that this has a larger spacing and is consistent all the way through compared to 00:52:882 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3) - . In terms of volume/intensity, they seem really similar. Try to make (a bit more) this consistent with each other?
* 03:53:588 (4) - Add NC? For slowdowns with this instruments you usually have one. Would also help with readability, as the player cannot rely on slider ticks here due to the short length.
* 04:53:235 (8) - 04:56:059 (8) - 04:58:882 (10) - While I like the idea of this, if it's going for rank I would not let this pass. Due to the low SV and surrounding objects & hitbursts, the reverse arrow isn't visible at all.
* 04:53:588 (1,2,3,4,5) - Nice pattern, but the fact that the spacing changed from 4.0x-ish to 10.0x-ish without any change in the song itself was really awkward. I see that the ending also has some large spacing, would appreciate it if the distance would just increase gradually rather than massive & random increases in spacing.

Okay map. I like the concept of the overall concept, just wish you were more consistent with stuff. I guess that's not what you were really aiming for.

Didn't go into full details, you mainly follow the same instrument with slider spam so doubt that will help lol.

Hope it helped, good luck \o/
Topic Starter
Voxnola
apple mod

appleeaterx wrote:

Hi!
You sent me quite a few requests already yeah ily >.>, seems like you're having trouble finding mods (?) heh juuuust for this
Anyways, from PM request.

:idea: General

* Unused hitsounds:
soft-hitclap2.wav
, soft-slidertick2.wav
, soft-slidertick3.wav ty ty
* You can't silence both slider slide & slider tick sounds. This counts for S:C1, C2 & C3 oops, will fix

:arrow: Testplay

* Insane - Score ~ Replay

Insane

* HP3 is way too low & really lame... I understand why you may put it that low, since it's a rather gimmicky map, but this is just too easy. I highly recommend using at least HP5. forgot to change
* 02:45:823 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - Strange that this has a larger spacing and is consistent all the way through compared to 00:52:882 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3) - . In terms of volume/intensity, they seem really similar. Try to make (a bit more) this consistent with each other? I think they have the same kind of difficulty. One's curved and easy, the other is crooked, but it's lower spacing makes up for the difficulty it could've had
* 03:53:588 (4) - Add NC? For slowdowns with this instruments you usually have one. Would also help with readability, as the player cannot rely on slider ticks here due to the short length. okie
* 04:53:235 (8) - 04:56:059 (8) - 04:58:882 (10) - While I like the idea of this, if it's going for rank I would not let this pass. Due to the low SV and surrounding objects & hitbursts, the reverse arrow isn't visible at all. Yeah I know, Undeadcapulet caught this. I'll probably scale the flower objects to make the reverse arrow visible. mb
* 04:53:588 (1,2,3,4,5) - Nice pattern, but the fact that the spacing changed from 4.0x-ish to 10.0x-ish without any change in the song itself was really awkward. I see that the ending also has some large spacing, would appreciate it if the distance would just increase gradually rather than massive & random increases in spacing. good point, I'll just change the order so the spacing isn't as jarring

Okay map. I like the concept of the overall concept, just wish you were more consistent with stuff. I guess that's not what you were really aiming for.

Didn't go into full details, you mainly follow the same instrument with slider spam so doubt that will help lol.

Hope it helped, good luck \o/

UPDATED

blues and other hitsound fixes soon (tomorrow xd)

Edit: repeats visible.... will fix the mutes later =3= ....... I'm sooooo laazzzy help
Edit2: mutes fixed, repeats more visible
Yohanes
Weird Stuff plz die in fire <3
Topic Starter
Voxnola

Yohanes wrote:

Weird Stuff plz die in fire <3
op mixed feelings xd
TequilaWolf
mod
Complex-

The effort you put into making this is very admirable.

00:08:411 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3) - unbelievably hard to read, could only get 3x100 at best. I really suggest altering spacing to reflect the time between taps, even though you've already done that with NC. Like this 00:08:411 (1,2) - has a separate spacing with 00:09:117 (1,2,3,4,5) - and these 00:11:059 (3,1) - (maybe you can say..stack these) 00:13:882 (3,1,2,1) - hooboy
00:51:294 - add note maybe
02:06:823 - maybe add note, 1/3 slider seems nice (I guess you're probably leaving these gaps on purpose..I don't understand anything anymore)
03:31:353 (1,1,1,1) - a little hard to transition to these so suddenly, hard to read
04:52:882 (4,5,6,7,8) - incredibly hard to read for me starting from this part right till the end, no suggestions though
#

P.S. I'm afraid to say this map is waaay too /complex/ and out of my league, I looked at it for a long time but I don't see anything/don't have the ability to suggest anything that isn't actually just preference but an actual issue. well still a lot more to learn! btw http://i.imgur.com/jcu3NAC.jpg http://puu.sh/mnAmD/9d7644fe4c.osr screenshot and replay in case you want it
Topic Starter
Voxnola
TequilaWolf mod

TequilaWolf wrote:

mod
Complex-

The effort you put into making this is very admirable.

00:08:411 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3) - unbelievably hard to read, could only get 3x100 at best. I really suggest altering spacing to reflect the time between taps, even though you've already done that with NC. Like this 00:08:411 (1,2) - has a separate spacing with 00:09:117 (1,2,3,4,5) - and these 00:11:059 (3,1) - (maybe you can say..stack these) 00:13:882 (3,1,2,1) - hooboy nah mayne >.> spacing is so overrated
00:51:294 - add note maybe while there is a mappable sound there, I'd rather give the player more power. The sound isn't all that audible either and not what I'm following
02:06:823 - maybe add note, 1/3 slider seems nice (I guess you're probably leaving these gaps on purpose..I don't understand anything anymore) ^See the first line in creator's words. ok there's no beat to map here lel
03:31:353 (1,1,1,1) - a little hard to transition to these so suddenly, hard to read Yeah I understand >_> I think I'm going to just overlap them so it'll be easier to hit all three
04:52:882 (4,5,6,7,8) - incredibly hard to read for me starting from this part right till the end, no suggestions though Still continuing to improve the ending. It's a lot better than what it was
#

P.S. I'm afraid to say this map is waaay too /complex/ and out of my league, I looked at it for a long time but I don't see anything/don't have the ability to suggest anything that isn't actually just preference but an actual issue. well still a lot more to learn! btw http://i.imgur.com/jcu3NAC.jpg http://puu.sh/mnAmD/9d7644fe4c.osr screenshot and replay in case you want it omg thank you, I really appreciate it. and thank you for your time, and I'm sorry if this map is a bit too "out there" >.>

Thank you so much for modding, TequilaWolf! ^^

UPDATED
dqs01733
Hello! I just wanted to make a little suggestion on the beginning of the map.
00:08:412 - It's been pointed out before and ill mention it again, it's really difficult to read. While it may be cool with a little reading challenge, this just feels like it is all about timing the approach-circle to the object kind of game, which i personally don't find very fun :(

I really think you could mix in some sliders, there's a lot of same pitch synth beats that could use a repeating slider, and that would give the section a good level of intensity in relation to this part 00:19:706 - which should feel a bit more intense.

Just a little example of a rhythm that could be used for the first few objects, there are so many different rhythms with sliders that you can use just because there are a lot of repeating notes, it would really make it easier to acc and give the section a bit more variation !!

The map is still pretty early in the ranking process so you probably don't need to consider this now, but the suggestion will always be here!
It is very cool map, and I love the song!! good luck :)
Topic Starter
Voxnola

dqs01733 wrote:

Hello! I just wanted to make a little suggestion on the beginning of the map.
00:08:412 - It's been pointed out before and ill mention it again, it's really difficult to read. While it may be cool with a little reading challenge, this just feels like it is all about timing the approach-circle to the object kind of game, which i personally don't find very fun :(

I really think you could mix in some sliders, there's a lot of same pitch synth beats that could use a repeating slider, and that would give the section a good level of intensity in relation to this part 00:19:706 - which should feel a bit more intense.

Just a little example of a rhythm that could be used for the first few objects, there are so many different rhythms with sliders that you can use just because there are a lot of repeating notes, it would really make it easier to acc and give the section a bit more variation !!

The map is still pretty early in the ranking process The ranking process is f**ked so you probably don't need to consider this now, but the suggestion will always be here!
It is very cool map, and I love the song!! good luck :)
I'm sorry, this isn't something I'll consider throughout the life of this map. I want to player to get a good feel for the rhythm that's being spammed throughout the map. If that means that they get a few 100s or a miss, so be it. The player will get it after a while. For this, it's less about the map and more about the song. As for the beginning, it should be played to more of what you hear, and to less of what you see.

I do appreciate the look-see though ^^
Asserin
~Hello!
#Queue

I cant find mistake >< Good job ! Really nice map. Its sad i cant be helpful for u QQ
Hathz
Definitely one of the more odd maps I've played.

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4338481 (broke right near the end ;w;)

It can be quite a reading challenge, though you can get away with approximately alting through all the slider spam. (on that note this is really fun to alt and I'm a baptized singletap player). I don't think I can provide you with any suggestions for (possible) reading improvements because I find it easy to play, but less experienced players might have some issue with all the SV changes.

These are mostly suggestions.

[Complex]
  1. 00:45:117 (1) - Maybe CTRL+G this or reduce the jump because while there is a change in the vocals I don't think it's enough to make for a relatively large jump like that
  2. 00:53:588 (1,1) - I kind of have a complaint about these across the entire map; I think it's more intuitive if they ended 1/4 sooner.
  3. 01:04:706 - Missed a sound sample here, map pls :3
  4. 01:16:000 - ^ Same here, there's a wub you can map
  5. 02:57:647 - ^ more wubwub
  6. 03:31:353 (1,1,1) - While fitting to the music I have to point this out as a cheeky pattern. First of all it's not immediately obvious that these are 1/3 but the NCs hint the timing is probably not 1/4 either (assuming this is your first time playing the map). To avoid losing combo you can attempt to play this as a triple and maybe mash through it a bit etc. anyway my point is it's perhaps overmapped a bit and an easy place to break combo. You could instead use a 1/3 slider and a circle, making it fit to the music just as well and also making it easier to play. (screenshot)
  7. 03:42:294 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Similar point for this, very easy to break and kinda mash-material, and the jump to the slider that follows makes it even harder.
  8. 04:04:882 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - ^ plus hard to read that as sliders and not circles because of the overlap with the long slider
  9. 04:27:470 (1,1,1) - Are these NCs required? Timing doesn't seem like anything special.
  10. 04:53:235 (8) - While I personally didn't have trouble with these it seems very easy to break if you fail to notice the reverse arrow or release a bit too early. Maybe just halve the length of these sliders (so 1 reverse only).

Hope I haven't forgotten something
Xilver15
a
Topic Starter
Voxnola
Hathz mod

Hathz wrote:

Definitely one of the more odd maps I've played.

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4338481 (broke right near the end ;w;) Great play! And thank you for playing >.>

It can be quite a reading challenge, though you can get away with approximately alting through all the slider spam. (on that note this is really fun to alt and I'm a baptized singletap player). I don't think I can provide you with any suggestions for (possible) reading improvements because I find it easy to play, but less experienced players might have some issue with all the SV changes.

These are mostly suggestions.

[Complex]
  1. 00:45:117 (1) - Maybe CTRL+G this or reduce the jump because while there is a change in the vocals I don't think it's enough to make for a relatively large jump like that It's not that large... It only seems large because ds is broken at low sv
  2. 00:53:588 (1,1) - I kind of have a complaint about these across the entire map; I think it's more intuitive if they ended 1/4 sooner. Staying on a slider as long as possible is kind of part of the gameplay framework of the map. But it's not just preference, I also did it because of the legato electro sounds. Changing these won't really do much but make the map easier and less interesting. The map isn't supposed to be easy. (Also quick-snapping to a low sv slider is so sexy <3)
  3. 01:04:706 - Missed a sound sample here, map pls :3 Missed on purpose for a more fluid transition. I feel people know that I change what I'm following on the circle before it. The precedence structure of what is mapped always has backbeats (the loud ones) on a higher priority than wubs
  4. 01:16:000 - ^ Same here, there's a wub you can map
  5. 02:57:647 - ^ more wubwub
  6. 03:31:353 (1,1,1) - While fitting to the music I have to point this out as a cheeky pattern. First of all it's not immediately obvious that these are 1/3 but the NCs hint the timing is probably not 1/4 either (assuming this is your first time playing the map). To avoid losing combo you can attempt to play this as a triple and maybe mash through it a bit etc. anyway my point is it's perhaps overmapped a bit and an easy place to break combo. You could instead use a 1/3 slider and a circle, making it fit to the music just as well and also making it easier to play. (screenshot) It's not overmapped BECAUSE it's fitting to the music. I've done this plenty of times before and they all play well to me. I've already nerfed this too lol. I'd rather keep my various oddities throughout the map.
  7. 03:42:294 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Similar point for this, very easy to break and kinda mash-material, and the jump to the slider that follows makes it even harder.
  8. 04:04:882 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - ^ plus hard to read that as sliders and not circles because of the overlap with the long slider
  9. 04:27:470 (1,1,1) - Are these NCs required? Timing doesn't seem like anything special. Every transition is special <3 But this one's especially special because it's the only one with three of the same sliders and it's one of the rare ones with sequential 1/4 sliders
  10. 04:53:235 (8) - While I personally didn't have trouble with these it seems very easy to break if you fail to notice the reverse arrow or release a bit too early. Maybe just halve the length of these sliders (so 1 reverse only). I think this is ok too, just because I feel it's really easy, and the reverse arrow is actually visible this time. I won't change the reverse for now, but I definitely will consider decreasing the number of repeats

Hope I haven't forgotten something

Thank you for modding, Hathz! ^^

UPDATED

Various hitsound fixes and additions, with some other minor changes and polishing with this update....
Xilver: >///<
have faith
Natteke desu
2 fast ar nuq damn 8,5 looks just NICE
04:56:059 (8) - these thingies were unrankable btw n o t q u i t e s u r e
no kd
Topic Starter
Voxnola

EvilElvis wrote:

2 fast ar nuq damn 8,5 looks just NICE I think lower ar might make it less readable xP and people are already mad at me for how unreadable they think it is already lmao ...but dayum that's cool
04:56:059 (8) - these thingies were unrankable btw n o t q u i t e s u r e I thought what made them rankable was the fact that the reverses were visible? ----------------------> n o t q u i t e s u r e
no kd
Shiirn
04:56:059 (8) - this is patently unrankable as the kick, the reverse arrow, and everything else that tells you "This is a brief hold slider" is literally hidden under (7).

If there are any other instances of the slider, you should fix those too.

I hope this never gets approved, anyone who says "spacing is overrated" should really be forced to play nothing but maps made by people brand new to the editor for a year or so. If the spacing in here was actually made internally consistent and not a nearly random hodgepodge of "well we'll have a really far slider be 1/4 after this one and the one close to it be 1/2" while the music is telling us otherwise, I'd be happier with it.

"Hard because it's hard" is different from "hard because it's awkward and unreadable as shit".

"Feeling the music" should tell you spacing as well as when to actually press the keys. You say that the player needs to "pay attention to the music and not the approach circles" but the exact opposite is happening - players need to memorize the music's patterns, and THEN look for where the hell the next note is going to be, because your spacing is so inconsistent!
Topic Starter
Voxnola
K bro. I've been expecting you... It's better to ignore maps you don't want ranked. I don't need your egotistical elitist presence anywhere near my maps. I won't conform to your ideals, no matter how "legendary" you are. If you can't read it, get gud I guess.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it makes you feel better, bns probably won't push this anyway (probably less of chance because of you. Well, rather chances reduced to 0. Rejoice right?). Chibichibi
"Shiirn doesn't like it! It must be creatively bankrupt and complete shit! : D"
Idk why you're getting so worked up over a map made by someone who's barely impacted the community. I'm not like HW who has the resources to rank something completely unorthodox if she wanted to. Please go mep an 8-star fame-grab or something and leave little'ol me and my little'ol meps alone.

But...

Why is "Shiirn the great" picking on a plebeian?
To confirm unrankability for a map that you DON'T want to see ranked and then bash my work because it goes against your bullshit "philosophical" mapping theory?
There's no one way to interpret music. If your mind is bottle-necked enough to not see the good in every serious map, then you shouldn't bother to try curving someone's mind with a rant, or even a mod for that matter.
Shiirn
I apologize for my vulgarity, I'm still pretty unbidden in my usage of clandestine vernacular because I like to "keep it real" as the kids say.

You severely overestimate the power of my words if you think that half a quip from me would stop your map from getting ranked.

The map itself is stopping you from getting it ranked, not me. You've had many people tell you (not just me) that it's very uncomfortable and downright frustrating to play, but somehow hearing it from me is far worse, and is me "picking on you". It's not that it is mechanically difficult or even challenging - it just plays like ass.

It's your map, you're right, but if you want it to be ranked, it unfortunately has to abide by the standards the community creates. You can very much leave it as an unranked graveyard map if you like, those can get pretty popular. And this kind of weird spacing map would fit great there: An example of an interesting idea that isn't really rankable.

The weirdo spacing is fine. I just hate that it's not consistent. But it plays fine, so it should be ranked. Whatever works for 2016, I suppose.
Topic Starter
Voxnola
Do you even realize what you're saying?
Shiirn
I realized halfway through that your map has no impact on my enjoyment of the game or mapping as a whole and gave up trying to convince you in any way of changing your mapping.

Enjoy your map. Sorry for the brief bother.
Topic Starter
Voxnola
No... Why don't you ENJOY YOUR OWN maps.
"Literally every post I made here was pointless, good day to you sir."
It had no impact because you CAN'T PLAY IT.And you will NEVER understand maps that you can't play. I don't care how much "flow-theory" bullshit you throw at your own maps or at other maps. When something plays like ass, you'll know that it plays like ass by playing it, and playing it well, else your judgement is blinded by your own standards. What even is YOUR enjoyment of the game?

Why should you be apologizing for bothering? Why should you be apologizing for bashing a creation that you have ZERO understanding of, complaining about it on modhelp (drawing completely unwanted attention to this map) only to be reprimanded for coming off as an ass, and (best of all) starring this map after claiming that this map has no impact onto you whatsoever (It's like the cherry on top of insults). By all means, stay strong! You've already pissed off a mapper trying to stay hidden and ruined the forum and this is the first map forum of mine that's been ruined and that makes me beyond livid ^-^

~drama drama~ Am I doing it right?
But really, please no more
I don't want your apology. I want you to leave me alone. If possible I'd like to have all these posts deleted.... as the instigator himself said they were all pointless. I'm also ruining my own forum...
Natsu
Hi from my queue

Complex:

1. 00:08:411 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3) - under my personal opinion, I don't agree with this pattern, its true that you are adding NCs to make it more readable, but still is not really comfortable to play (for me), so I really suggest you to keep the spacing consistent for different gaps in the time line, this part will become more enjoyable to play. (yes I can SS current part, but doen't feel comfortable to play for me)
  2. 00:19:706 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - the way your comboing its placed there doesn't make sense with the song rhythm, also doesn't follow a pattern in the mapset, tbh I can't understand how your combos work, because they don't follow music melody or a certain pattern, but seems randomly placed to me, do you mind explaining them? for example I'd say you are missing a NC in 01:25:970 (6) - according to your other ones 01:23:147 (1) - 01:20:323 (1) - etc 02:35:941 (1,3) - etc, anyways I see many cases where combos don't follow a pattern or the music.
  3. 00:31:000 (1) - if I were you, I'd make two 3/4 sliders, so we can fit both strong sounds at 00:31:000 - and 00:31:353 - and fit the nice hold song in the music:
  4. 00:31:706 (1,2,3) - basically same spacing at different gapsm they are usually not intuitive to play, due t o obvious reasons, but seems you did build the map in that way, I'd not say ¨its bad¨, but personally I feel the spacing is not nicely done and as a player i feel myself not comfortable when playing certain similar patterns (I'm able to play the map properly). 00:43:794 (4,5,1) - 1 is even short spacing, despite having a bigger gap in the timeline
  5. 00:40:529 - clap sounds super bad and disturbing the song melody, maybe its an error?
  6. 00:52:882 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3) - this its pretty cool, even tho the last part being 3 objects its a bit inconsistent, maybe I'd add nc on 3, mainly because follow your pattern and the sound at 3 is fairly stronger than in 2, for example you did that on 02:45:823 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) -
  7. 00:53:588 (1,1,1) - another pattern that is really uncomfortable for me are those slow slider and the big 1/4 jump, they break combos or make you hit 100
  8. 02:23:235 (4) - shouldn't be at NC here cause of the sv change? tbh make sense with other parts were u did spam combos, because of sv changes.
  9. 03:28:882 (5) - add NC like you did at before parts?
  10. 03:45:117 (3) - mising nc like you did in the before part 01:52:176 (1) -
  11. 04:53:235 (8) - 04:56:059 (8) - 04:58:882 (10) - in first place this doesn't look as a slider, but as hitcircle, second you need to click this slider early in order to not break combo there, are you sure you want to piss off players after almost 5 mins of gameplay? usually in cases like this we do a simple rhythm, 1/8 would work as well and playability will win, you can add more sv as well, even tho I'd just change the snap

Btw if you have enougth experience mapping or modding you can understand maps that you can't play, stop taking that as argument and instead post valid reasons why your patterns make sense or play fine, or if you feel someone is being rude at you call a moderator or simple ignore him, lets keep mapping as a fun thing to do ~

hope this help you a bit, can't mod it in deep, because I don't know what will be your reply to this ^
Topic Starter
Voxnola
Replies tomorrow, cause studious >~>

Yes, mb I realize that I was in the wrong with that last one lol. But I know that any experienced modder/mapper would understand that it is a ton more effective to state specific examples AND stay outside of the insult zone to make a point. Else, concerns come out as "The entire framework of your map is shit and you should feel bad for making it" (Which, he already pretty much said this weeks ago and that he was "done" with it, which is why it was a ton worse coming from him again). You'd be telling me to post 'valid reasons' for why "my map is shit." <-- And I see something wrong with that.

It's not about mapping being a happy thing. It's about raccoons stealing my lunch and attempting to drown me in a river of melted cheese while the whole raccoon family shouts "you_are_FINE" D:

Please excuse my immaturity and excuse me for taking the bait...
I do appreciate the look-see. ^-^
Anxient

Anxient 4 hours ago wrote:

Seeing that shiirn pulled a grenade at this maps me wanna check it. Placeholder so that I remember.
if you get upset easily by not so positive comments, dont open it.
you opened it. remember, no getting upset!

now this is my two cents so dont get offended which you will i hope not

but this map is, in my opinion, unbeliveably boring.
maybe its because theres too many sliders in this map. like man you really need to use more hitcircles.

before you say stuff like omg you only say that coz you cant play this map, which, newsflash! isnt a good or valid argument in any universe.

this isnt a bad map, ill give you that. the only real complaint i have is the beginning being extremely annoying, frustrating and outright annoying to play. did i say annoying twice?

04:56:059 (8) - and this isnt legal. its unrankable. go fix this, like what rocket mentioned.

i cant mod this btw, coz its a slidermap. meaning that changing really anything in this map is, in my opinion, extremely difficult. consider remapping some parts that has potential to be mapped with hitcircles to be mapped with hitcircles. such as this part 02:24:647 - . basically you have the kiais that are extremely slider heavy, so why not map the parts with vocals that isnt kiai with hiticircles, to balance them out?

and another thing, which is just my two cents about responding to shiirn, or any mapper in the future. no matter how rude the person is (which i agree that Shiirn needs to take a chill pill), is to not reply with a angry message. You and shiirn are in the guilty party. from what ive seen, you asked shiirn for his opinion, which happened to be absolute shit. i hope youre really aware that not everyone will like your map. now im really not very good at words. more like you should be thankful that someone took the time to look at your map (which is ridiculously hard to do nowdays).

tldr: just because someone doesnt like your map, no matter how famous/well known they may be, doesnt make your map suddenly unrankable.

ill leave now. good luck i guess.
I Must Decrease
"It's better to ignore maps you don't want ranked"

lmao why not rank everything then since atleast 1 person will want any map ranked so they should be allowed to enjoy it, even if every other player in the game says its bad.

Shiirn is simply promoting better quality in beatmaps. If you think his disapproval is attacking you you're incorrect.
Faust
Shiirn just concerned asshole.jk I love you.

I think this is pretty good in it's own right.
Topic Starter
Voxnola
Oh, no... More cheese drowning due to Shiirn's presence.
?????? What the hell? I've had enough cheese? I want my lunch back.

if you have much better things to do with your time, don't open it.
you opened it. remember, you're wasting your own time!
ty for mod Anxient, will consider ctrl A + del
I didn't ask for Shiirn's opinion in the first place. (Or yours for that matter)
Your whole post is pretty redundant. Without the redundancy, the whole thing reads: "I also don't like your map.... bye." lol Which is cool "i guess."
(Though, you don't realize how untrue your tldr is when that person causes a mess like this.) You're just adding to the mess for w/e reason.

It was directed specifically at Shiirn, Xexxar.
Your argument makes little sense though. BNs and mappers in general are likely to ignore your map if they don't want it ranked (assuming other BNs aren't trying to push it and you didn't just get super lucky). They won't say "I hope this never gets ranked. It's completely shit" and leave. Unless it's some sort of meme lol. You all act like I have 6 bns lined up for this lmao. You also act like everyone hates this map. Shiirn isn't promoting anything. He's demoting things he dislikes (in this case) from zero to a zero afflicted with Graviga. rip in pepperoni

"Hey, lets waste some space here because The Great Shiirn wasted some space here! That'll show 'em!" "Yeaaaaa!" "Maaan we're so cool for stating previously stated opinions yeaaaaa!" What even are you? Don't answer, please. This forum has AIDS shiiiiiiiiiittttt >~> and may never recover.
show more