Total Posts
show more
YTYuyu
i'm attending so yea~ ahahaha :P
Giralda
50% chance for me at the moment.

Count me in for now. :)
Yoshi_green
90% chance I'll be attending (4th year now :D)

if I'm going, I'll be there on Friday/Saturday, once again commuting since I don't need a hotel. And I'll be wearing green again for tradition's sake
CatAdultVideos
hello my friends i will be coming!!!!
kaetwo
100% ill be going
those
Subscribing
Justykanna
Am going again this year with my girlfriend. Super excite. =D
Kitsunemimi
Checking in~
captin1
hi i'm driving from chicago again have room in my car if ppl need it

there's also an unofficial discord group for an16, can make it official if we want
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

captin1 wrote:

hi i'm driving from chicago again have room in my car if ppl need it

there's also an unofficial discord group for an16, can make it official if we want
Might as well try. Not that many joined the slack group last time, but it is worth a shot. What do you need for you to invite me?
captin1
can send out invites via pm. discord is basically a vastly improved version of slack, and it's definitely catching on throughout a lot of gaming communities
Pawsu
Aw man this is coming up again, isn't it? I'd come if I could. Go Saskatchewan..;_;
Hope you all have a memorable time!
MiruHong
If anyone is coming from Vancouver give me a holler about flights or anything travel related
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

captin1 wrote:

can send out invites via pm. discord is basically a vastly improved version of slack, and it's definitely catching on throughout a lot of gaming communities
Saying Discord is better than slack is very debatable, esp when my first experience with Discord is a questionable E-mail validation, broken timestamp, and inability to send notifications upon all activity. I feel like I'm trading voice chat for lack of polish and lack of integration with ticket boards (admittedly the last item is more of a business thing which is not the goal of Discord)

Oh well, not going to get too hung up on discussing Discord on the AN board.

Edit: Discord link added to op.
Sheeto
I will be going but only for Saturday ;-;
Azer
Going with Jennacides, hope to see everyone there again this year :) Not in charge of the rhythm room this time so I can't say if there's going to be any setups to play on or anything, also the guy who's been in charge of it for the past few years is not taking care of it this year, last I heard so probably no nice rhythm games this year :[
Sheeto

Azer wrote:

Going with Jennacides, hope to see everyone there again this year :) Not in charge of the rhythm room this time so I can't say if there's going to be any setups to play on or anything, also the guy who's been in charge of it for the past few years is not taking care of it this year, last I heard so probably no nice rhythm games this year :[
Not bummed at all. Just need to have the good ol' iceberg meetup <3
HaibokuShounen
Gonna be there. I would like in the Skype group lol.
-Visceral-
Good chance I'll be flying out from Boston w/ Chippy : )
chaee
Might go with LightningDash02 if the circumstances allow it
FlamingRok
Put me on the list coach because there's no way I'm missing this again. Gonna be there for the whole weekend this time, though you'll be hard-pressed to find me available between 11:00AM and 1:00PM on Saturday.
Little
95% chance I'll be there. :3
Flanster
ah this again.. someday.
Kitsunemimi

blissfulyoshi wrote:

captin1 wrote:

Saying Discord is better than slack is very debatable, esp when my first experience with Discord is a questionable E-mail validation, broken timestamp, and inability to send notifications upon all activity. I feel like I'm trading voice chat for lack of polish and lack of integration with ticket boards (admittedly the last item is more of a business thing which is not the goal of Discord)

Oh well, not going to get too hung up on discussing Discord on the AN board.

Edit: Discord link added to op.
As a CS major, I'm a bit clingy with Slack now perhaps only because it was made for dev teams and workflow :P
Also I'm not very fond of jumping between clients/services.

That being said, gaming is a priority for me too, and Discord doesn't seem too bad, so maybe I'll come to accept it at some point~ They don't have a Windows Phone app though (Slack finally does), so that'll be a bit of an issue.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
On another note, to encourage ppl to leave Skype behind (and because no one used the skype group last year), I'm removing Skype from the op and deconstructing the Skype group. As of now, the Discord group and this thread will be the official chat communication channel for AN2016.

As for the future, who knows what will happen.

As for Discord I was more surprised to get an e-mail on Day 2 saying that it is in an Alpha state, so I feel a bit more forgiving for its flaws.......only a bit, regardless Discord is better than Skype for me.
Shiro-
I'll be there!! I'm excited :D:D
Lytessill

Azer wrote:

Not in charge of the rhythm room this time so I can't say if there's going to be any setups to play on or anything, also the guy who's been in charge of it for the past few years is not taking care of it this year, last I heard so probably no nice rhythm games this year :[
That actually makes me super sad :( AN was where I found out about the whole rhythm game community outside of osu. It would be a real shame if there isnt a rhythm section this year but I understand why. Maybe i'll bring my turbo just for the heck of it.
Contralyss
Will probably be there~ \o/
Zerostarry
i'll be there! already bought my ticket
Kitsunemimi
Don't die thread!
Stay aliiive~
YTYuyu

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Don't die thread!
Stay aliiive~
at least the discord chat is fairly active....

anyways if you still haven't got your weekend pass, around 3k are left. i'm surprised that it lasted this long since last year it took just over a month for the passes to disappear after registrations opened D:
Kibbleru
i have my ticket already q:
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Time to pump some life back into this thread, as the con is 3 weeks away. We'll be announcing times for various things soon. For now, please join the Discord chat as that'll be the main form of communication during the con.
Lytessill
IM SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will there be any bemani simulators this year?
Flandre-
I'm going Sunday
mits
I'll be helping run the World Beyblade Organization's panels we have going for the weekend, but I definitely hope to stop by or at least play, :)
Sumaki
I'll be attending. :^)
ciara_old_1
sadly going to miss this year's convention. :(
burningmice
I'll be there all 3 days again this year :)
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I just ironed out a few details and will be updating the thread in a bit.

Few things to note.

osu! meetup will be at the same time and place as last year 5PM on Saturday outside Sheraton. There is talk of rain, so it might be moved. However, if we do something outside, we'll probably take a group photo and then either do a picnic outside with bring your own food policy or we split into smaller groups to do dinner. There is no way we can fit everyone in a single restaurant, so that is an impossibility.

osu! panel will be on Sunday, so that will be the second time for everyone to meet up. It'll feature a slideshow made by MiruHong and Evrien, followed by liveplays from Chippy. After the panel, a signing by famous players will be arranged (details to be worked out)

Lastly, please join the Discord chatroom. It'll be the primary way to communicate with everyone during the con, and I can't guarantee everyone will get the latest information otherwise.

Lytessill wrote:

IM SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will there be any bemani simulators this year?
There will be, but I forgot exactly what will be in the rhythm game room this year. Someone in the chat mentioned it, but don't remember exactly.
show more