forum

I don't think I'm improving anymore

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xorcon-Senpai
Hi I've been playing osu! for about 10 months now and got to rank 51k, but now i feel as if I'm not improving anymore as I am having a hard time ranking up. I've actually begun to lose ranks. Any tips?

Also before anyone says anything about playing for fun I do, its just that I haven't been getting better. I feel like I'm getting worse and its really frustrating.
Rilene
Play more.
Right above your skill level.
Minhtam
Also take note of the fact that you live in the USA. When I started playing in October 2014, the #10,000 ranked USA player had around 400 PP. Now it's over 1500 PP.

Osu! is getting popular, and fast. Stagnating at a certain rank is natural.
Kunino Sagiri
This is one of those times where you should question your self-confidence before your actual skill in any kind of activities in life.
I Give Up
ppl getting tablet for xmas and passing you is all.
Rilene

KukiMonster wrote:

ppl getting tablet for xmas
I am one of them.
Saphirshroom
Your progress is fine, unless you're going for the most horizontal rank-time-graph in history, in which case I'll be glad to teach you.
Barusamikosu
Try playing graveyard maps for a week t/400436

KukiMonster wrote:

Mouse can anything! Believe!!
Bauxe
Stop pressing the retry button after 30 notes.
Nabel_old_1

Bauxe wrote:

Stop pressing the retry button after 30 notes.
Ye just play the hardest maps you can play properly and always finish them.
Kafein_old_1
I got stuck at the for 40k-50k rank for a while too. I just pushed through it and finally made some improvements after continuously playing different maps.

Now my current dilemma is being stuck at 30k because of my inability to stream. :lol:
shortpotato
Sry to break it to u but the reason u r not improving is because u dont have a $10000 ceiling fan
Saphirshroom
In order to improve, you must buy the osu tablet:
StephOsu

Saphirshroom wrote:

Your progress is fine, unless you're going for the most horizontal rank-time-graph in history, in which case I'll be glad to teach you.
like ours? D:
OT : pp and rank doesn't meant much when you are improving your score (especially accuracy)
as long as you are getting better scores over time, you are improving
DeathHydra
There's no such thing as not improving. You are improving but you just didn't notice it because all you look at is your pp and rank. If you want pp, go play some pp maps.
KanoSet
as said alrdy ranks and pp aren't a good measure for your skills
just keep playing and don't over think it

KukiMonster wrote:

Yuudachi-kun

Saphirshroom wrote:

No it's really bad if you don't get at least 5000pp in 10 months
Deva
Learn how to acc. Most of my top scores are 0.5-1* easier than yours and yet i got more pp for them. acc. Acc. ACC. ACC!!!
Yolshka

Xorcon-Senpai wrote:

but now i feel as if I'm not improving anymore as I am having a hard time ranking up. I've actually begun to lose ranks.

Ha!
Get on my lvl.
-Exiled
Just practice AR5-9 and you'll do great.
Play or retry more and don't forget to have fun :)
I Give Up

Khelly wrote:

No as mouse player he is doing pretty average.
-Makishima S-

Khelly wrote:

Dunno if it's his full post or not, doesn't matter. Only thing what comes to my mind - you are an extreme idiot, go kill yourself and stop indirectly suggesting people to cheat.

@On topic:

I am getting ~150-200pp per month and most of the time just play whatever i feel is fine and gives me fun. Progression comes while playing more, bigger variety of maps, making constant challenges, playing what is on edge for you but doesn't force bad habits (eg. random button mashing due reading problems). I would recommend you to just play more, a lot more. Stop watching pp bar and [#rank] but focus on improvment.

I am not a prodigy and my progression is slow but what matters is that if you have fun from game and you feel fine with yourself as a player. Osu is in 95% of time single player. Try to get advantage of this and just have fun. If you ask me, +-200pp for me per month is good as far as you see that you can play harder stuff more easiely without forcing bad reactions (random mashing, random movements etc).
Saphirshroom
@OP: Any improvement is fine, even no improvement at all. I think it would have been a fairly good design choice to hide all pp until one at least gets to 3k or something like that. There are a lot of new people who play the game merely for Skinner Boxes without enjoying themselves anymore. If gaining pp is your sole goal, rethink why you're playing this game or consider to quit. If it actually is improvement or simply having fun, then you're probably good.
Risa
Why not stop caring about rank and improvement and learn to enjoy game.

Playing multiplayers and making friends are nice
Yuudachi-kun

[Taiga] wrote:

Dunno if it's his full post or not, doesn't matter. Only thing what comes to my mind - you are an extreme idiot, go kill yourself and stop indirectly suggesting people to cheat.
You have to be pretty stupid to think it's anything in relation to cheating. If you don't at least match my progress of 7 months to 5000pp, it's pretty bad.

KukiMonster wrote:

Khelly wrote:

No as mouse player he is doing pretty average.
Oh, that explains it. All is forgiven to OP.

SPOILER
Hey mod, remind me why "kill yourself" isn't inappropriate conduct.
deletemyaccount

Khelly wrote:

Hey mod, remind me why "kill yourself" isn't inappropriate conduct.
I assumed that he was being sarcastic but now that you mention it telling someone to kill themselves is inappropriate however you spin it.
Yolshka

Khelly wrote:

If you don't at least match my progress of 7 months to 5000pp, it's pretty bad.
Pretty bad news.
Yuudachi-kun

ShadyAngel wrote:

Khelly wrote:

If you don't at least match my progress of 7 months to 5000pp, it's pretty bad.
Pretty bad news.
It's okay if you use a mouse. We understand but do not support your decision.
chainpullz
Just remember every time you casually label someone a multi/cheater that rafis had 6k pp in 8 months back before a lot of the really farmy maps had been ranked and 8k pp in 12 months. It's even easier to do this now.

If you want to see fast improvement just play 3-5 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY otherwise don't expect shit. Play stuff that will challenge you to fc but isn't unrealistic and don't play the same map more than 5 times a day.
show more