forum

osu!mania 7K World Cup 2016 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
EtienneXC
Yeah, mania's extremely predictable, especially if you know the roster. I mean, there is a way that the mania cup can be a bit more balanced in terms of map pools and stuff to prevent certain teams from getting knocked out so quickly, but that's another discussion for another time.
Jinjin
It would be nice to have some really heavy o2jam style LN maps along with really heavy BMS style pattern maps in the final mappool. Would be interesting to see how the map selection goes considering that there are those good with noodles and those good with rice.
Kamikaze
All I can say is that we're trying to include all types of maps in the mappools to put more importance on tactics, which can potentially make you win against a stronger team. I hope that will make the cup ever so interesting.
neomac72

Elementaires wrote:

Go Europe :oops:
Yes !
kang

ggsnipess
forgot people don't know what ffr is.
Topic Starter
Loctav

kang wrote:

EtienneXC wrote:

Yeah, mania's extremely predictable, especially if you know the roster. I mean, there is a way that the mania cup can be a bit more balanced in terms of map pools and stuff to prevent certain teams from getting knocked out so quickly, but that's another discussion for another time.
This world cup wont be as interesting as it should be unless Loctav changes the decision he has made regarding certain korean players (for unvalid and biased reasons).

edit: Yeah I think i'm done with this bs... I'll leave this up here until the staff decides to remove it.

https://gyazo.com/2844348e19e2b7fb075139b614389f45
Don't leave out 95% of the mail and message conversation
Topic Starter
Loctav
All teams can be found on the wiki now!
Don't forget: tomorrow are the Drawings. 14 UTC+0. Tune in at http://twitch.tv/osulive!
TrueLucifer
Jhlee not playing? Unfollowing osu! live.
Shoegazer

TrueLucifer wrote:

I don't think you should really be watching MWC to begin with if you sternly believe that one player is that much better to watch; considering that the MWC is supposed to be a team event anyway. People really shouldn't cheer on specific players (you can, but it shouldn't be your main focus), you should be cheering for the team holistically. Focusing on one player just gives you ideas of blaming other players if the team loses, which is antagonistic, condescending and flat out stupid.

Korea's team is still decent, despite a very good amount of players in that country being barred from the tournament.
Skalim
Latin America died this time u_u?
projectc1
^ except brazil.
tbh i expect more team register this year, but oh well ;;

TrueLucifer wrote:

hello 0133 fagnboys , he's not even worth as your god when you know the truth
ggsnipess

projectc1 wrote:

got to import people to different countries man, then we might have more players \o\
projectc1
import from different game players
um nope.

also, seriously 2015MWChypelol
deadbeat
btw guys, as said on stream, if you want to help with commentating please let me know asap. i'm sorry i couldn't get someone more knowledgeable on 7K ready for the live drawing, but i hadn't been home very long :(
please do remember that i do have some names in mind already though :p
Topic Starter
Loctav
Schedule and mappool can be found on the wiki now! See you next weekend!
projectc1
Topic Starter
Loctav

projectc1 wrote:

Loctav, Indonesian is GMT + 7 sir cuz most of us live near in jakarta :(
I will put this into consideration for the next schedule. thanks for letting me know!
TrueLucifer

projectc1 wrote:

^ except brazil.

TrueLucifer wrote:

K
SpectorDG
jhlee0133 quit'd ?
Kamikaze
Honestly, after things he's done in 2015, especially his trashtalking, bad attitude, creating dramas left and right, he didn't deserve to play in this World Cup.
Get over it pepole.
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
zhuodonglaihaha

projectc1 wrote:

^ except brazil.

TrueLucifer wrote:

what is the truth?

as a player,he is a very pro player,maybe can you tell us the truth?
chikitani

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Honestly, after things he's done in 2015, especially his trashtalking, bad attitude, creating dramas left and right, he didn't deserve to play in this World Cup.
Get over it pepole.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel that the people that need to get over what Jhlee did are the people who are so set against him that they don't let him play in a tournament simply because of poor behavior ... on a personal channel? So is there any actual reason to ban jhlee from competing, other than his bad attitude on a completely different client?

AFAIK jhlee only said whatever it is he said on his own livestream and I can't possibly see how that violates any of Osu's rules. Perhaps in spirit, but frankly, I consider all forms of trash-talk to be expected so I just read/listen, chuckle, and move on. I'm more honestly surprised by Loctav's message to jhlee that popped up on reddit, which seems rather immature for someone who's supposed to be an official. His wording makes him seem no better than the villain that everyone makes jhlee out to be.
Kamikaze
You probably know too little about the case, judging from what you've said. I'm just going to say that it got blown out of proportion and resulted in nasty personal attacks. Don't dig that case up, it's not going to do any good.
kang

TrueLucifer

Shoegazer wrote:

TrueLucifer wrote:

I don't think you should really be watching MWC to begin with if you sternly believe that one player is that much better to watch; considering that the MWC is supposed to be a team event anyway. People really shouldn't cheer on specific players (you can, but it shouldn't be your main focus), you should be cheering for the team holistically. Focusing on one player just gives you ideas of blaming other players if the team loses, which is antagonistic, condescending and flat out stupid.

Korea's team is still decent, despite a very good amount of players in that country being barred from the tournament.
It's just that jhlee is my favourite player ;;

Edit: Windy or Gyp aren't playing either ;-;
stupud man

TrueLucifer wrote:

It's just that jhlee is my favourite player ;;
dude same :((( why cant jhlee just play >.>>>> im so sad rn smdh
EtienneXC
Yeah, not many people know the whole shenanigans with that, aside from Retain's teen-girl drama posts that he has nothing better to do to make, lmao. So instead of derailing this thread, I think you guys should talk about something else that has to do with the tournament.
KD1995
why is jhlee banned???????? If it's because of that message on reddit, thats really stupid.
kang

Soul Evans
I call that a bold statement. It's not like you have to face 100 Koreans, you only face 6. And even if they might be quite predominant in this game mode, it does not mean they ultimatively will win. (see OWC and MWC4K)

Playing in a tournament is by far different than playing single player. Also jhlee can hardly defeat entire teams alone.[/quote]
umm the reason why they won is because MWC4k has some of the best stepmania players and they don't play 7k so thats why southkorea will win because they are the elite in 7k
zhuodonglaihaha

EtienneXC wrote:

Yeah, not many people know the whole shenanigans with that, aside from Retain's teen-girl drama posts that he has nothing better to do to make, lmao. So instead of derailing this thread, I think you guys should talk about something else that has to do with the tournament.
e...

e......

e.........
M a h o u
This is why I hate this community (sometimes). It's so scary that some fan bases idolize a player so much to the point where they want to shift the blame on the staff for the reason why they aren't participating. I don't care how good you are - nobody should be exempt from any rule (I'm not claiming jhlee did something, but I have a strong idea). If you fuck up, you fucked up. Needless to say, ever since I joined this community, all I ever see is drama. Maybe if the people who crave drama gossiped less about dumb shit, they would actually be better at the game themselves.
Kamikaze
First match on stream and Funwari got banned
Y U DO DIZ AUSSIES? : ((((((((
Kephin

-Kamikaze- wrote:

First match on stream and Funwari got banned
Y U DO DIZ AUSSIES? : ((((((((
and also kakuranger huehue
Nwolf
projectc1
inb4 our team hate kakurenger so much that it wont happen on stream at all lel (twice)
spoonguy

projectc1 wrote:

hate kakurenger
you monsters
Kamikaze
France vs Germany best match by far holy shit
show more