Total Posts
show more
darkdraco9000

Dragvon wrote:

Awesome.
Add also "How to use .osk"
In short, rename a .zip skin into .osk osu! can deal with the rest
Trost
I have a question but I don't even know how to ask it but I hope some of you understand what I mean.
The question I have is that is there a way to make an animated scorebar colour for when your hp reaches 50-25-0%?
Kind of like scorebar kianger and stuff but what I want to do is when my hp reaches 50% or below I want the colour to change so that it's letting me know as an indicator I am 50% or below. Like in my skin let's say my scorebar colour is blue everywhere at 100% health. I want it to change to yellow when it reaches 50% health without any blue colour showing at all. Any way how to do this? Here are some screenshots to better clarify.

NOTE: I took these screenshots at seperate times so it does not work for me. Also my scorebar has it's own animation but no colour changes like what I'm asking for.

Here's a video of my skin: https://youtu.be/yjQFTOmu_To
AbsurdDive
How many spinning parts can a spinner have? (are the files spinner-top/middle/bottom no longer used?)

I'm trying to create a clock (with two needles moving separately), and i can't seem to be able to pull it off :|
i finally got my hands dirty with the rest of the files.. but the spinner's the only idea that i cannot finish :(

Vostok Sisters wrote:

Hey again!
How I can return the icons of songs, like in original defoult skin osu! ?
The thumbnails?.. if that's what you want, you should be able to tick the option "show thumbnails" by:

opening osu>go to options>search for "song select">click "show thumbnails" in order to activate it

i hope that helped
Haskorion

n1nj4 wrote:

How many spinning parts can a spinner have? (are the files spinner-top/middle/bottom no longer used?)

I'm trying to create a clock (with two needles moving separately), and i can't seem to be able to pull it off :|
i finally got my hands dirty with the rest of the files.. but the spinner's the only idea that i cannot finish :(
You can't use a spinner-background along with the new styled spinner (-top/-bottom/-middle/-middle2-/-glow) since the background forces the the old styled spinner (-circle/-metre/-background).

You can't mix them together.

Vostok Sisters wrote:

Hey again!
How I can return the icons of songs, like in original defoult skin osu!?
Use skin version 2.2 or higher
[General]
Version: 2.2
Jessie
I need help with a skinning issue! Im trying to insert a different combobreak.mp3 than the one that came with the skin i was using before, and for some reason, whenever i break combo it doesn't want to play the sound. The file works, ive tested it as both a .wav and .mp3, to no avail. It plays in every media player ive tried, just not osu.

Any thoughts?
dws123

Jessie wrote:

I need help with a skinning issue! Im trying to insert a different combobreak.mp3 than the one that came with the skin i was using before, and for some reason, whenever i break combo it doesn't want to play the sound. The file works, ive tested it as both a .wav and .mp3, to no avail. It plays in every media player ive tried, just not osu.

Any thoughts?
iirc you need to get high combo # before it plays
around 20+ maybe?
Anominous_old
Hi, does anyone know how i can make the osu! mania background transparent or get rid of the lines/grid? I'm not familiar with the skin.ini commands so if anyone could teach me, that would be great :)
Haskorion

Anominous wrote:

Hi, does anyone know how i can make the osu! mania background transparent or get rid of the lines/grid? I'm not familiar with the skin.ini commands so if anyone could teach me, that would be great :)
[Mania]
Keys: #
ColumnLineWidth: 0,0,0,..,0 //use as many values your keycount has +1 extra value
BarlineHeight: 0

That would be for the lines.

For making the column's background transparent:
[Mania]
Keys: #
Colour1: 0,0,0,0
Colour2: 0,0,0,0
Colour3: 0,0,0,0
Colour#-1: 0,0,0,0
Colour#: 0,0,0,0 //# is your keycount, so fill up the others
CCr
How do I Change the colour of the sliderball? i've got AllowSliderBallTint: 1 but it just keeps showing up white. :cry:
Haskorion

CloudyCrayons wrote:

How do I Change the colour of the sliderball? i've got AllowSliderBallTint: 1 but it just keeps showing up white. :cry:
Do you have it enabled in the options? If not check it on.
If you do, make sure you placed the line in the [General] section of the skin.ini-file.
BennyDaCherry
Hey guys i'm making a skin but this part looks horrendous right now. is there a way to move the text or change the font? please give me advice
http://imgur.com/2dEYTGQ
Mizukashii
tha only thing that i needed
thanks
-League4Life-
How can remove lighting in an already made osu! skin? How can I change it back to being a zip file and see all the features so I can remove what I dont want?
Mangojango9
Does anyone know how to remove hitbursts, or at least make them transparent? There's a skin I really want to use, but the hitbursts are huge.

Thanks!
dws123

Mangojango9 wrote:

Does anyone know how to remove hitbursts, or at least make them transparent? There's a skin I really want to use, but the hitbursts are huge.

Thanks!
Make a 1x1 blank PNG?
Mangojango9

dws123 wrote:

Mangojango9 wrote:

Thanks!
Make a 1x1 blank PNG?
That worked! Thanks for the help! :D
mariojudah
Would it be possible to make a skip button that covers the whole screen?
FemboySkitty
How do i simplify .osk files into a folder with mac? Then back into .osk? #Rekt for discrimination against mac.
ShinyDragonair
I put the skin as a .osk file as told and osu! is even recognizing it as being in there. Yet the skin doesn't work. Any idea why?

The contents of the archive are a folder with the skin name which has the skin's contents. Should I not have the folder?
SIO Miku
Is it possible to change the way osu show player informations ? And which files did it correspond to?
I'm asking about this because i'm actually trying to change the black border in bottom on the music selection screen (I use the selection-mods button to do this). My skin is actualy not looking good when I put my mouse into my stats (which apears with a grey background).
DUOdecim_old
Someone can help me with my inputoverlay-background? It always looks like this.

I tried resizing and moving lots of times, but it just stands like that.
wtf i can do?

here is the file if you need the image to help.
http://puu.sh/mijHf/da6d971a9c.osk
SIO Miku
There are two ways to answer to your probleme:
-> The first one is to find the default name of the pictures corresponding to K1,K2,M1,M2 and to add an empty area on the top of each one (this is supposed to moove them down).
-> The second one is to make another pictures with your pink rectangle at the top right corner
UsuiTakumi
Short question, is there any way to change the guy from CTB?
I stoped playing for a while. Changing the file to 'fruit-Ryuuta' doesn't work anymore. Don't know why.
Did they change anything? How do I change it now?
Haskorion

SIO Miku wrote:

Is it possible to change the way osu show player informations ? And which files did it correspond to?
I'm asking about this because i'm actually trying to change the black border in bottom on the music selection screen (I use the selection-mods button to do this). My skin is actualy not looking good when I put my mouse into my stats (which apears with a grey background).
No.

UsuiTakumi wrote:

Short question, is there any way to change the guy from CTB?
I stoped playing for a while. Changing the file to 'fruit-Ryuuta' doesn't work anymore. Don't know why.
Did they change anything? How do I change it now?
Skins using skin version 2.3 or higher use the fruit-catcher elements:
  1. fruit-catcher-idle.png
  2. fruit-catcher-kiai.png.
  3. fruit-catcher-fail.png
Alternatively just change the line "Version: x" in the skin.ini-file to "Version: 2.2" or add it (line or file).
UsuiTakumi

Haskorion wrote:

Skins using skin version 2.3 or higher use the fruit-catcher elements:
  1. fruit-catcher-idle.png
  2. fruit-catcher-kiai.png.
  3. fruit-catcher-fail.png
Alternatively just change the line "Version: x" in the skin.ini-file to "Version: 2.2" or add it (line or file).
Thank you very much, changing the names helped.
Valentine
Skinning has come a long way in the past 5 years, can't imagine using the skins people used to use back then O.o
meedow shom
this is actually pretty good tutorial but there is things i want to ask

FIRST

why when i color any element of the skin it goes out pixelated and unsmoothed?

and how do i fix that?

SECOND

what is the most used FREE editing programs?

because..i'll wait like a year or two to buy something online :o
meedow shom

meedow shom wrote:

this is actually pretty good tutorial but there is things i want to ask

FIRST

why when i color any element of the skin it goes out pixelated and unsmoothed?

and how do i fix that?

SECOND

because..i'll wait like a year or two to buy something online :o
Rio-

meedow shom wrote:

GIMP

and for the other question (coloring thingy) i had no idea...
meedow shom

Rio- wrote:

meedow shom wrote:

GIMP

and for the other question (coloring thingy) i had no idea...

well i am actually using gimp at the moment
FrozenOracle
Hey, working on making my first skin (for personal use).

I've run into a problem in that it seems playfield.png (and playfield@2x.png) are not being used for the ranking screen background as the tutorial says it should. I have other skins i've downloaded that this works on, so my question is why is my skin not working?
Can someone please tell me what they changed in osu that made my skin break? It worked a year ago and iv'e tried recovering it but I can't seem to pinpoint a problem.

Here is the file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/uv48j ... Custom.zip

I tried splicing it with other skins, and only moving sounds over or hitcircles over (to the default skin, other skins that work, etc.) but it all fails to import.
nayerre
Okay, so, uhm, hello and welcome errbody. I will move my post to the basics.

Im poop with gimp etc, i never did It, and my english is to low to read 233 pages of posts... I don't really have a time to read all this things and edit a skin, so basicly I need someone who can spent few minutes for me on editing a skin, tbh I wanna edit just 1 or 2 things, I know, You gonna be like "read topic, use brain, use google" or just "get lost nobody will do this for you coz u are not worthy" or stuff...

Basicly, I need lil' changes and I'll be glad if someone contact me via skype. on skype im called "roycewicz", (acc name), look for a account named "Kanade Tachibana" from Poland, Whatever. Please :(
meolin
Guys, tell me one thing. Where are the changelogs? I cant find any information except this 5-years-old-post. I have many questions about skin.ini file.
Robonatorx
Could someone help me out? I can't quite figure this out.

I basically want to edit a skin for mania. What i would like to have is a little small bar in the middle of the playfield but i don't really know what i need to edit for that.
I can't find any fitting files.
Any help would be appreciated.
Deimos
updated https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skinning_Sounds with the new sound skin elements, currently CE only
[L357] Xilax
Hello ^-^

Want to know if you know how (if it's possible ) to change the ripple effect color, or make it multicolor, or just change it (like star ripples ? :) )

The thing around my cursor when i click

Thank for reading (and helping, if you know/can :) )
Haskorion
Sadly, you can't.
Noffy
I can't seem to find any information on this anywhere, but..
is there any way to disable the behavior in newer versions in which a slider end doesn't fade in until the slider is nearly done snaking, and the slider head disappears once you click to begin the slider? I find the sliders being like this to look butt-ugly and distracting, and have been sticking to fallback to avoid it, but if there's any way to change it in the newer versions back to the old behavior I'd like to know ><;
Haskorion
You can't. Live with it. Games can change and alter mechanics permanently to increase the experience you get from them.
This change was made to finally solve the problem that both circles on the slider exploded at the same time instead of individually when the slidercircles became skinnable. When people were using the overlay-0 method the slider always was blank since the overlay would disappear immediately and the skinnable slidercircles got rid of that method. People wanted to preserve that so the sliderstart explodes individually to have the slider clean when using a blank sliderendcircle.
show more