forum

[added] Make osu!mania 10k rankable.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,525
show more
Stefan

Baraatje123 wrote:

My bad about wrong forum
Didn't knew 10k needed to be properly implementen into the game, before it can get ranked
I actually asked that on the first page and even got the reply that 9K got implemented but 10K doesn't. So before we can care to make 10K rankable we should be able to set them without manipulating the .osu files. :P
Kamikaze
We don't have to manipulate .osu files to map 10k anymore since we can just set Coop mode in key amount and that doubles the keycount selected. However those maps cannot be ranked yet nor can we submit scores with 10K mod on autoconverts and that's the concern here.
OperaMini0
what about 14k/16k (14k+2t)?

14k is pretty different from 10k, especially if you play 10k using a static layout like the one that circusgalop uses.
you have to use 7 keys for each hand and move your fingers between the keys.
Kamikaze
We should take it one step at a time imho, we only recently had 9K made rankable and 10K would be a huge leap forward, so let's not bring 14/16 (DP) keys yet. Especially that while 10K still allows to have a static layout where your fingers don't move around, any higher keycount enforces dynamic/arcade style setups which is a whole new level of gameplay.
IamBaum
As much as i'd love to see 14/16K ranked, i agree with Kami that we should first start with 10K and (maybe) add the non-static DP Modes together afterwards.
Although we probably need a Starrating change for the higher keys before considering them, they are even worse than for our current keys. (Well they weren't even considerd when the SR system was created, since they didn't even exist)
This map is a shitty joke so it couldn't be ranked, but just the fact that you can mess around that much with the star rating for such high key maps speaks for itself xD
Forget that i suggested to add all DP Keys before : )
Saerdna
totally agree
Topic Starter
CircusGalop
When you play a piano song, 10k is very fun especially :)

Remyria

Minhtam wrote:

But then where would I place my thumbs?
some players play with the right hand on 0-1-2-3 of num pad and left hand on like S-D-F-SpaceBar for 8K

CircusGalop wrote:

Minhtam wrote:

But then where would I place my thumbs?
Type 1 - Using RightArrow and number pad
example) A S D F Space RightArrow Num4 Num5 Num6 Num+
Type 2 - Using RightAlt
example) A S D F Space RightAlt P [ ] \
Type 3 - Others
Pull out the RightAlt key and use the above key.
My keyboard, for example, doesn't work with any setting I could imagine for 10K(6 simultaneously won't work with all possibilities), even the one I said higher...

I don't want to be against 10K mod being rankable, cause it's enjoyable by people, but I can't agree for 10K maps to be rankable since, well ok, most of player may be technically able to play 9K with a normal keyboard with a setting on some letters and spacebar, I guess(my case), but a VERY BIG majority of people, even with the skill needed, couldn't play 10K for technical limitations(I did tests on my keyboard, which is really good for a "cheap keyboard", result was that neither of the 3 "types" you proposed won't work on my keyboard. Except letters and numbers(not numpad ones) that I can press to have 6 at the same time(the ranking criteria's maximum) is the spacebar, I wouldn't have any alternative for my thumb if I played 10K)...

If you think I said something wrong/stupid, I don't mind you tell me
Topic Starter
CircusGalop
What is the setting you can press?
If you pull out the N,M Keys, you can use the thumb on J key.
If you pull out the space bar key, there are so many 10k settings!

Can you check these combinations also?
A S D F Space Num0 Num4 Num5 Num6 Num+
A S D F Space RightAlt L ; ' Enter
A S D F Space RightAlt K L ; '
A S D F G H J K L ; (Without 7~10 press same time, You can play 10k by using eight-fingers theoretically)
OperaMini0

CircusGalop wrote:

What is the setting you can press?
If you pull out the N,M Keys, you can use the thumb on J key.
If you pull out the space bar key, there are so many 10k settings!

Can you check these combinations also?
A S D F Space Num0 Num4 Num5 Num6 Num+
A S D F Space RightAlt L ; ' Enter
A S D F Space RightAlt K L ; '
A S D F G H J K L ; (Without 7~10 press same time, You can play 10k by using eight-fingers theoretically)
I can't find a layout where I can press all combinations of 6 keys at once.

Are maps with 6 keys at once common in 10k?
FrenzyLi

OperaMini0 wrote:

I can't find a layout where I can press all combinations of 6 keys at once.

Are maps with 6 keys at once common in 10k?
I think they're common once the difficulty has gone up. The issue with 10K is that there are legit 6 key and higher combinations that are not playable anyway by low-key rollover keyboards. N-key roller should be fine.
AncuL

FrenzyLi wrote:

I think they're common once the difficulty has gone up. The issue with 10K is that there are legit 6 key and higher combinations that are not playable anyway by low-key rollover keyboards. N-key roller should be fine.
nor 7k-9k
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
Danshi_old_1
I'm not in any way a mania player at all (I suck at mania and i would love to get good at it).
However I fully support this request as 10k exists in osu! then why shouldn't it be allowed to become ranked?
That is just like having money in an atm you cannot withdraw..
+1 from me!
PyaKura

Danshi wrote:

That is just like having money in an atm you cannot withdraw..
inb4 "osu! is free" kind of argument

anyhow i'm pretty sure it's more or less in the works already and will be implemented in the future
Cra Dow
This game that Introduced me to the rhytm game universe, and the Osulmania
mode made my fun last, and 10K made it even better and 10K maps are the funnest (the best mapper in 10K I know is CircusGalop, his maps are well made, my top favorite map is one of his: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/351167 (Kana Hanazawa - Renai Circulation), when 10K gets ranked I hope this map will get to be ranked).

Some months I became less active, but if this will get implemented I bet that I will get to play more than before, 10K its the most organic keymode, trains the all the fingers.
I am really excited about this feature and I support this with my full heart! :D
OperaMini0
any chance of this happening?
The Gambler
I think this controller would work well.

Only if I had any reason to play mania though... And actually build it.
Topic Starter
CircusGalop
There are more than 100 songs and 400 maps now. It might be enough for 10k practice.
My 10k map list : https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?q=circ ... 4&g=0&la=0

Finding all 10k WIP maps
  • https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/search.php?fid[]=10&keywords=10key
Finding all 10k Pending maps
  • https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/search.php?fid[]=6&keywords=10key
Finding all 10k Graveyard maps
  • https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/search.php?fid[]=19&keywords=10key
Now the problem is only one. Make osu!mania 10k maps rankable.
FrenzyLi
CircusGalop: Please put example key settings in the top post. \w/
Keyboard Layout (Pictures)

Figure 1 - Binding A S D F <sp> <right-arrow> <num-4> <num-5> <num-6> <num-enter>

Figure 2 - Binding A S D F <sp> <right-alt> L ; ' <enter>

Figure 3 - Binding A S D (F G) (H J) K L ; '

[centre][img]http://puu.sh/mgYXb.jpg[/img]
Figure 1 - Binding A S D F <sp> <right-arrow> <num-4> <num-5> <num-6> <num-enter>

[img]http://puu.sh/mgYYm.jpg[/img]
Figure 2 - Binding A S D F <sp> <right-alt> L ; ' <enter>

[img]http://puu.sh/mgYYJ.jpg[/img]
Figure 3 - Binding A S D (F G) (H J) K L ; '[/centre]
Topic Starter
CircusGalop

FrenzyLi wrote:

The post has been updated. Thank you.
abraker
I use
caps 12 3 v rightArrow num7 num8 num9 numEnter
Hikona
10K Seriously idea?
Samurai
10k scares me (because I'm bad at this game), but I have to agree with this. If someone can play it, it's gotta be rankable.
Cra Dow
I use figure 3 XD, it gets time to get used to that position, but it helps playing >10K, most of the high number music related keyboards use that kind of arrangement.
FrenzyLi

Cra Dow wrote:

I use figure 3 XD, it gets time to get used to that position, but it helps playing >10K, most of the high number music related keyboards use that kind of arrangement.
Nice to know that arrangement helps transitioning from static mode to dynamic mode!
Ovoui
i tried it some minutes ago, it was really fun but hard orz

It would be so nice to see 10k mapset ranked ~
- Marco -
I am learning how to play 8k/10k and i agree :D
Cra Dow

FrenzyLi wrote:

Cra Dow wrote:

Nice to know that arrangement helps transitioning from static mode to dynamic mode!
You have to sit well, or your fingers will not be straight, and your wrist has to be straight too. If someone plays this layout try to move away the keyboard at least where you have your elbow on the table, or almost on the table.
And do not use to high or too low tables, or compensate with the height of the chair.
I am saying this because I do not use 8 finger style at 10k, I use 10 fingers at that position. (It is mostly what I use to play piano, actual piano(not mania), of course in a more relaxed way because the keys are longer.)
I think for normal mania player that is used to default mania settings like 7K and 5K, figure 1 and 2 is better (I think mostly figure 2 because it can be used in almost all keyboards, I think not only PC, even mac laptops) (Although figure 1 is really comfortable to play).
I think when implemented they should use figure 2 as default option but they should make 2 options for figure 1 and 3 in the binding menu, then the game would let you chose which one you would like to use if it is possible in your keyboard, but keeping the customization option like now at any number of keys. :D
Kruzon
not sure about players but as a mapper i find this interesting and would love to try mapping 10k myself!
Cra Dow

Kruzon wrote:

not sure about players but as a mapper i find this interesting and would love to try mapping 10k myself!
Still not pro, but I would play your maps. 8-) ;)
o x
I hope that this will be able to get ranked, I am new but I love playing 10k and it's a challenge but very fun
Sylvette
This is supposed to be in the ranking criteria thread, but whatever. Thanks, Bara-. I support.
Bara-

Cirno-baka9 wrote:

This is supposed to be in the ranking criteria thread, but whatever. I support.
It's not actually
Refer to this p/4626931
AGRX
bump and sup
robby250
It upsets me that this hasn't been implemented yet.
There is no reason against it other than malice.
abraker
patience keymasher. 10 keys we will get yet
Shululu
take my star
pls make this happen and maybe 10k2s too
JapanYoshiTheGamer
Even though I can't play Mania if my life depended on it, I still want to see some 10K maps.
Ilham
Omg, 10k will be so difficult, but it's nice to watch pro player's replay
show more