forum

SOFT: osu!mania FFA Tournament - Concluded [Winner: Cobo-]

posted
Total Posts
show more
lemonguy
Forgot to mention the times that I can and cannot play.
I can play mondays and wednesdays after 6 pm, I can't play tuesdays or thursdays, I can play any time fridays and saturdays, and I can play up until 5 pm on sundays.
Soul Evans

SleepyDarkrai wrote:

-Nishikino wrote:

I want in UTC 5:00 Eastern time
I doubt Halogen's gonna let you in but goodluck lmfao
why not?
SurfChu85
UTC+8

(Mostly available Monday-Friday at around 2pm to 5pm due to school, On weekends, around 1pm to 5pm)
Topic Starter
Halogen-

SurfChu85 wrote:

UTC+8

(Mostly available Monday-Friday at around 2pm to 5pm due to school, On weekends, around 1pm to 5pm)
Really stretching it thin, but I'll do my best. Again, no guarantees.

Updated the user-list, up to 63 people!
Laure
I'll join :) UTC -5. Mostly available on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sunday afternoons, but I can very easily work around that if needed.
Steins
Ahhhhhh This tournament look so hype >/////<
Iattractegirls
can i join..?
Shiv
count me in boiz

Indonesia (UTC +7)

I'm free on Sat. and Sun.
and night on Weekdays (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri)

;)
Arkener
I'm in, UTC-3
Didfus
count me in boys
UTC -5
Ayaya
UTC -6

glhf :)
nanamochi-
Join o3o
Utc - 5
meatmap
join
(UTC+08:00)
fri/sat: 5:30pm onward
sun: anytime
- O r d P -
may i join this tournament ? ( UTC +7 Hours )
SurfChu85

Halogen- wrote:

SurfChu85 wrote:

UTC+8

Really stretching it thin, but I'll do my best. Again, no guarantees.

Updated the user-list, up to 63 people!
My schedule's kinda tight...
Well anyways, I'm almost always available around those times, and often, I do go beyond that time frame. This should be a good experience.
Ciel
I guess might as well...

UTC-5. Weekend afternoon/nights preferred. Also if I get far enough there are probably a few random days (typically Sat) that I won't be able to play.
Domdee
in utc+8

sat/sun:available
Runa
UTC+9

/o
Topic Starter
Halogen-
Playerlist has been updated. We are up to 73 players now.

In addition, -Nishikino has been removed from the tournament after increasing suspicion of illegitimate play in ranks. As the tournament host, I don't want players to slip into the cracks to potentially ruin the experience, and I am exercising my right as host to deny entry out of safety to the other players.
Staiain
Guess I'll join in. hopefully personal/real life issues won't make me regret the decision later haha

utc+1 norway
Yuzeyun
>tfw no gimmicks

still kicking in though
UTC+01:00 until March 27th
UTC+02:00 from March 27th onwards
living yell
I'm in! (UTC +3)
OtherElement
YES! FINALLY I BEEN WAITING, I AM IN FOR THIS, I usually stay up a bit on Friday and Saturday, But I sleep mostly sometimes, I won't be able to join in
Monday-Thursday
I usually wake up late on Saturdays and Sundays. Also, There may be a problem, I could join at 2:20 PM to 2:40 PM may have to go around 6.
MY UTC time is -5:00 I am pretty sure this is EST time, if I am wrong, Then please correct me.
I won't be able to play Sunday Nights because always, people may always have school to go through..

I'll be available around Friday and Saturday Nights.

I can only play 4K
In_Fo
i'm in UTC+9
Infeh
Ayy sign me up! (UTC +3)
Ikaros-
HI I WANT TO PARTICIPATE, UTC -5
Haprapra
Join :P

UTC+1
KcHecKa
I would like to enter, my timezone is -5 UTC whatever
LightDreamer
Does the disconnection rule applies to dying graphic chipset? I would gladly enter, but I don't know if I'll stay on the whole time..... It's a question of luck..... Well, I'll test abit more if mania freeze completely or only partially when the driver stops working........ And I may enter if it's not too bad.... Or in the worst case, I can always borrow my brother's PC...... Yes, I'll do that if the problem is too bad.

Count me in to represent the more "bad" players.
UTC-5 (Quebec)
I'm available, well, always. Even in the middle of the night, haha.
[-obee58-]
I want to join (omg my first tourneyment)
UTC-5 (East USA)

I'm actually like 8k skill because i got a new keyboard and the buttons are a pain to play mania with :C
Typically available 4:30 to 6 my time on weekdays, but on weekends it's whenever during the day
Ealio
I will join :3 UTC+1 i prefer play the week-end
Topic Starter
Halogen-

leondance8 wrote:

YES! FINALLY I BEEN WAITING, I AM IN FOR THIS, I usually stay up a bit on Friday and Saturday, But I sleep mostly sometimes, I won't be able to join in
Monday-Thursday
I usually wake up late on Saturdays and Sundays. Also, There may be a problem, I could join at 2:20 PM to 2:40 PM may have to go around 6.
MY UTC time is -5:00 I am pretty sure this is EST time, if I am wrong, Then please correct me.
I won't be able to play Sunday Nights because always, people may always have school to go through..

I'll be available around Friday and Saturday Nights.

I can only play 4K
Your time preferences don't seem very specific to me and I cannot generalize the time that you'd like to be around. For a note to everyone that has a more strained than normal schedule, do your best to be specific about times that you have a much higher certainty to play for, rather than trying to put out preferences, because the chances of you getting a time that is better for you will improve if you can give me more concrete time blocks that are good for you.

LightDreamer wrote:

Does the disconnection rule applies to dying graphic chipset? I would gladly enter, but I don't know if I'll stay on the whole time..... It's a question of luck..... Well, I'll test abit more if mania freeze completely or only partially when the driver stops working........ And I may enter if it's not too bad.... Or in the worst case, I can always borrow my brother's PC...... Yes, I'll do that if the problem is too bad.

Count me in to represent the more "bad" players.
UTC-5 (Quebec)
I'm available, well, always. Even in the middle of the night, haha.
The disconnection rule is an all-encompassing situation for when a player leaves the lobby. Getting stuck in the lobby is a case-by-case basis that will be handled, but it will likely be handled in the same way. I may come up with an internal clause (i.e. not shown in this particular thread but handed to referees) regarding a special case situation where a player remains in the lobby but is not responsive. That is somewhat low priority at the moment, since the tournament is still into sign-up stages and could stand to wait a bit longer for more refinement of logistics.

84 sign-ups so far!

EDIT: Actually, I received a private message regarding disconnections, so I should clarify how the process works in here. I'll add this clarification to the OP as well.

A player who disconnects from their lobby will have a two minute disconnection timer, and will have two disconnections in a given match. You cannot use both disconnections on a single song -- if a disconnection twice on the same song, the second disconnection will not be nullified and the other player will immediately receive a point. At that point, a player will still have one disconnection remaining to apply the timer.

If the disconnection timer hits 0 for a player, the player's 10 minute grace period will begin to drop; this emphasizes the importance of arriving to your matches on time, as this is the same grace period timer that will begin to reduce if a player arrives to their match lobby late. If at any point in the match, a player's grace period timer hits 0, then the match will be forfeited. Those of you that are worried about potentially getting disqualified due to disconnection, it will take a rather severe circumstance to cause you to lose the match.
LightDreamer
Ok...... So, if the game freeze (in the song or in the lobby) it won't really count, is that it? I usually need one minute to restart the game completely (this includes the rage)
Topic Starter
Halogen-
It can essentially be a mulligan run if the issue arises within the disconnection conditions as outlined in the post. If it happens early enough, the song can be restarted. Even with that rule in place, it's not a free pass -- a second freeze/issue on the same song will be an automatic point for the other player despite having two available disconnections, as you are only allowed one single restart per song.
LightDreamer
Shouldn't be a problem. It usually stays long enough for at least a map after restart.
Kaito-kun
Just some things I wanna clear before entering:

1. On the "Warm-up Songs" part, shouldn't the last sentence be "Warm-up songs will be on free mods, allowing for any special modifications that you see fit for the purpose of warming up properly.". Also, regarding that, maybe you should add something about DT, just in case (in the sense that someone may choose an easy map, but add DT as a mod. So the question is: is that allowed?)

2. About how hard will the maps be specifically? I only know that on Qualifiers, there will be 4 songs, one harder than the other. But there isn't anything that tells me if I'm good to go for the challenge (Might not be up against my competition, but I want to at least know if I'm able to pass set songs). So a little something like saying "Maps will be extremely hard, only considerable good 4k players can take on the challenge" or something like that may do the trick (but also, specifying a bit more won't hurt either).

Anyways, these are my only concerns with this. I'm in either way lol. UTC is -4, and as long as matches start AFTER 14:00UTC, I'm fine with it
lenpai
Mmm looking good. Joining (UTC +8) can only play saturdays 3pm-8pm local time if that's ok.
shellopello
I wanna play(UTC +2) and only on saturday and sunday.
Kiritos_ASP
IM GOING TO PARTICIPATE TOOO!!!
ID:kiritos_asp
UTC+8
AkaXiiaoBii
I want join this tournament
Time Zone : UTC+8
show more