forum

Tyler, The Creator - Yonkers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Spagett
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 8:57:30 PM

Artist: Tyler, The Creator
Title: Yonkers
Tags: Tyler the creator yonkers odd future
BPM: 79
Filesize: 3903kb
Play Time: 04:05
Difficulties Available:
  1. RIP (Bruno Mars) (3.92 stars, 449 notes)
Download: Tyler, The Creator - Yonkers
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Warning! This song contains EXPLICIT language, if you are not ok with that, then you can hit the back button, which looks something like this [<- ]

Peace to -
Sharkie (fixed offset + many helpful critiques)
jawns
A couple of things i noticed:
00:37:550 (3,4,5,6) - These notes have a more or less even spacing between them, even though the slider comes a bit after the three other notes. I would probably reduce the spacing between the three first notes (it seems like quite a big change of pace for a 3.5 star map) and move them a bit further away from the slider

01:15:050 (5,6,7) - I don't like these for 2 reasons, they are very close very suddenly, which is a bit too difficult in my opinion (i even have trouble playing that) and it doesn't follow the song that well in my opinion (3 notes over 2 syllables as far as i can hear). I would probably delete the first note, and make the 2 next ones a slider.
That's what I've got. I think this is a really interesting beatmap, because of the weird rhythm of the rapping, and you've pretty much nailed it as far as i can tell. It's a pain to be accurate, but that's because of the song, not the map, and it's a fun challenge!
Hope this was helpful!
crushsquid_old
I love this song, I'm glad you made a map for it. That said, there are a few things you could change to make it better.
00:04:512 (3,6) Both of these notes in my opinion sound better when moved over 2 ticks back to the blue ticks. Not only does it play a bit better, but it better matches the heaviness of the beat. If you disagree feel free to keep it as is, this is more of a personal preference kind of thing.
00:13:578 (1) This slider could be made one tick longer. As is, it matches the vocals, but is very abrupt to play and doesn't fit with the beat as well.
00:16:189 (1) This slider is unnecessarily far from the previous slider. It plays better when moved up and to the left a little bit.
00:25:493 (3,4,5,6,7) That pattern feels quite awkward to play, one idea I had that made it a bit better is to move the 6 circle and 7 slider upward a bit, so that the 6th note is inside of a triangle created by (3,4,5), and the 7 slider flows out well.
00:36:315 (13,14) The 14 is unnecessarily far away from 13, could be moved to the right and up.
These are just a couple of changes that I think would make that map a bit better. I think you do a really good job following the rhythm of the vocals, just remember that you don't have to do that 24/7 and can make parts that follow the beat behind the vocals. I think including a mix of following each would make your already good map even better.