forum

Toggleable hidden scaling in O!M

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +52
Topic Starter
Reimo
Some people really enjoy the way hidden works right now, and this is of course not a suggestion to revamp the entire mod.

Instead of having hidden scale depending on your combo in o!m, I would really like the option to make it stay at a constant height.
What I mean by this is having a hidden system similar to stepmania (sorry) where the hidden mod always stays at the same spot no matter how high your combo is.

Having this as a toggleable option in the options menu would be great, and maybe even a slider to let you chose how much of the lane the mod will cover.

This is already possible to do via skinning, but having this implemented in the game would save us alot of trouble!
Bara-
Doesn't that remove the entire concept of the mod?
Same with FL, higher combo --> Less visible of the lanes
That with FL also applies to the other modes, I don't see why it needs to be changed for 1 mod and 1 mode, while it technically applies to all modes (and FL)
Full Tablet
Since Hidden gives a (slight) score bonus in osu!mania, I don't think it can be changed so it is like proposed here.

(Though, it is debatable if HD and FL really deserve the score bonus at all).
Topic Starter
Reimo

Baraatje123 wrote:

Doesn't that remove the entire concept of the mod?
Same with FL, higher combo --> Less visible of the lanes
That with FL also applies to the other modes, I don't see why it needs to be changed for 1 mod and 1 mode, while it technically applies to all modes (and FL)
Not at all! Most people only use hidden as a playstyle as many find it easier to get a higher accuracy when a small portion of the playfield is covered. Since o!m is the only mode where mod/s won't actually reward you with any score bonus it won't be gamebreaking. This is also why it should be toggleable, so if you wish to have the challenge of a scaling hidden mod you are allowed to.
I also wish to add that FL does not scale depending on your combo in o!m.

Full Tablet wrote:

Since Hidden gives a (slight) score bonus in osu!mania, I don't think it can be changed so it is like proposed here.

Hidden gives no score bonuses. This has been confirmed at the osu game modifier page.
Giving HD/FL a score bonus would lead to a full revamp of the scoring system and it would most likely break the game. It's not very likely ;D
Full Tablet

AzD wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

Hidden gives no score bonuses. This has been confirmed at the osu game modifier page.
Giving HD/FL a score bonus would lead to a full revamp of the scoring system and it would most likely break the game. It's not very likely ;D
HD does give a score bonus, but it doesn't work as a flat score multiplier: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!mania#Accuracy
Basically, it reduces the amount of "Bonus" penalty when hitting a 200/100/50.
Topic Starter
Reimo

Full Tablet wrote:

HD does give a score bonus, but it doesn't work as a flat score multiplier: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!mania#Accuracy
Basically, it reduces the amount of "Bonus" penalty when hitting a 200/100/50.
Even if the mod has some sort of mod divider I doubt it will completely exclude the possibilty of my suggestion. But thanks for the info, I didn't know that :o
I guess you learn something new everytime you visit the forums :lol:
Patliss
eyyy, gibe the hd fix pls
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along