forum

¿There are any difference between USB & PS/2 in Osu!Mania?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
fateric95
I'm thinking of buy a mechanical keyboard (Brown Switch or Blue Switch, because it is not linear). But I am in doubt whether to buy with PS/2 connector or USB connector. Also ask whether to connect to USB to PS/2 Adapter sends the response time of the USB or of the PS/2?

Thanks & Happy new year :-3
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
Karuta-_old_1
USB (slower) vs PS/2 (faster)
not by much but I have seen arguments in fps that it does make a difference but it is barely noticeable, but a converter will make it slower regardless whether it is usb or ps/2

Try to get a keyboard with USB that supports NKRO

I used to be a fan of PS/2 but the fact that USB is more universal than PS/2 which overrules the disadvantages of USB

And also
PS/2 keyboard used to be able to support up to 7 keys but due to cutting cost the combination of keys sometimes is as low as 3 keys
Topic Starter
fateric95
So, which of 3 connectors (USB, PS/2, USB to PS/2) recommends me?
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
Cuppp
Im using an archiss blue switch with usb. It came with a converter but didnt work. However I think im using an usb3 port and I can still use ~20 keys without ghosting if that is a concern regarding usb
edisk
Some keyboards do not support PS/2 so using a converter wouldn't work. PS/2 > USB for mania so get one if you have a PS/2 port since it supports NKRO far better than USB. PS/2 isn't polled too so in many occasions you might be able to tell the difference. You would have to go through some trouble if you ever feel like switching back to USB though. All depends whether you have a PS/2 port on your computer.
Topic Starter
fateric95
I have finished buying the CM Storm Trigger Z. Importance of Macro & Spanish distributions & having to buy a CPU, which makes me have had to reduce budget.
The Gambler
Anyone can make an NKRO USB keyboard. It's just a matter of setting up a key matrix correctly with enough diodes to support it, as electrically speaking, the diodes themselves prevent current from flowing backwards.

http://pcbheaven.com/wikipages/How_Key_Matrices_Works/

And getting a microcontroller to read the signals and convert to ASCII
OperaMini0
old ps/2 membrane keyboards usually have an awful inconsistent lag, but you can press all keys at once.