forum

BoxPlot - Escape With The Clouds

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mazzerin
so what actually decides what kind of spacing is overdone and what kind is not? if weaker beats are less spaced than the strong ones and they're still relatively similar/fit depending on what sound there is in the song, it's fine to me, because that means the map is consistently hard at an X* star rating and still fits the song. so where's the problem?
and don't tell me full screen jumps are so intense that they're not allowed to be used consistently in a dnb map, this is simply a higher difficulty than your usual extra. also, if you're following the logic that full screen jumps are too intense for a dnb song or something like that, you may as well unrank/throw maps like https://osu.ppy.sh/s/347765 (just a random example) in the trash bin because the song is too intense for easier difficulties ; )
Topic Starter
Strategas
okay so I fixed some parts that were mentioned if I missed something bring it on
Krimek

Mazzerin wrote:

you may as well unrank/throw maps like https://osu.ppy.sh/s/347765 (just a random example) in the trash bin because the song is too intense for easier difficulties
Come on, you obviously can't compare both songs with each others. Racemization has strong beats and intense emphasis, Escape With The Clouds doesn't (in the way Racemization has). It's a pretty calm song (compared to this) which imo doesn't support full screen jumps..
Also Racemization is probably drumstep and even between drum and bass songs you can clearly make a difference.
Okoratu
Krimek
that's like
hella subjective.

all you said so far is that you don't think the instruments here are strong enough to support full screen jumps..? Everything in here is huge by default and relative to that hugeness the screenjumps are the only thing that make sense relation to that. You basically disagree with the core of this map but nerfing the screenjumps is not really an opinion as pishi explained in his post

so i don't know if further discussing this is going to change anything about that lol
Krimek
Sure this is based on my opinion but I just want to point out that you can't compare both songs just by it's genre.
If he wants to keep the jumps, sure why not.
Topic Starter
Strategas
I believe what Mazzerin meant is - if I can't make fullscreen jumps, because it's a DnB map, then the given map can't have any difficulties other than the hardest one, due to it being intense. And having easy difficulties wouldn't make sense for an intense song like that.
Exote

Strategas wrote:

world is harsh mate ;)
Supbads

Exote wrote:

Strategas wrote:

world is harsh mate ;)
Topic Starter
Strategas
Nice, star rating dropped by 0.04 after I removed the biggest jumps.
Changed spaced tripples.
Removed the stack after spaced tripples.
Yeah and made overall spacing more consistant.
Never changing 01:24:811 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - explained my intentions after the dq post.

Oh yeah and thanks for the input to those two posts above, my map quality increased from -69% to 100 % !!! Top quality! THANKS!!!11
pishifat
wellthen
Pho
Seems like the points were made clear and the spacing concept is valid.

Let's give it another try. #2
Underforest
and now waiting for the flame
-Nya-
Hey~ From my M4M queue.

No Escape:
  1. Whoa, that OD is pretty high. (To be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever modded a map that has such a high OD before >.<)
  2. One unsnapped green line: 05:20:765. Easy thing to fix though. Just snap it to 05:20:767
  3. 01:25:823 (8,9,10,11) –These jumps look extremely big to me, especially since the rhythm is so fast. I suggest you try to make the jumps a bit less for more comfortable play here. I see that spacing was the reason that this map got DQ in the first place so I guess I’ll also point out places where I feel the spacings are a bit overdone. Again: 01:24:811 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) – Not all of them, but especially the ones that I pointed out first: 8,9,10,11.
  4. 01:29:025 (1,2) –I don’t really know if it’s necessary to make these jumps this big.
  5. 01:29:868 (7,8) –Weird to play, since the flow goes backwards from 7 back to 8. You can probably try turning this stream: 01:29:531 (3,4,5,6,7) –the other way, so that (3) starts where (7) is now.
  6. 01:30:542 (2,3) –This jump looks big.
  7. 01:31:216 (5,6) –Same as 01:29:868 (7,8) –
  8. 01:32:564 (7,8) –This is an example of a pattern that doesn’t cause bad flow, since you don’t have to jump sharply with your cursor. Then again, that jump looks a bit big, lol.
  9. 01:35:261 (6,7) –Pretty big jump.
  10. 01:39:137 (2,3) –This jump looks insane to me since the rhythm here is much faster than the rest of kiai time and yet you made the jump almost similar to the rest.
  11. 01:41:834 (2,3) -^
  12. 02:17:733 (1,2) –Not a nice placing, since it causes weird flow and you didn’t place any of the rest like this.
  13. 02:19:755 (1,2) – Rather keep the spacing consistent here with the rest since there’s no real change in the music to support the change of distance here.
  14. 02:20:261 (1,2) -^
  15. 02:20:767 (1,2) –This is just . . . no. Very bad flow and too big jump.
  16. 02:54:811 (5,6) –Very big jump here. What makes it even more difficult is the fact that the jump comes right after a stream.

I’m sorry, but there are still a lot of places where I feel the jumps are just too big (It doesn’t really look like you addressed Irre’s spacing issues thoroughly) I won’t be able to push this forward because of the above reasons and many other similar issues: The insane spacings and the bad flow (Bad flow more my personal opinion I guess)

I want to pop the bubble, but honestly, I’m scared to since I’m afraid I’m overreacting or something, but I truly think, personally, that this isn’t ready yet. I would like the next BN to read this as well and then make his/her own judgement. Perhaps this mapset will go through easily now, but I’m not gonna take that chance. Sorry >.<

Good Luck~!
Topic Starter
Strategas

-Nya- wrote:

Hey~ From my M4M queue.

No Escape:
  1. Whoa, that OD is pretty high. (To be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever modded a map that has such a high OD before >.<)
  2. One unsnapped green line: 05:20:765. Easy thing to fix though. Just snap it to 05:20:767
  3. 01:25:823 (8,9,10,11) –These jumps look extremely big to me, especially since the rhythm is so fast. I suggest you try to make the jumps a bit less for more comfortable play here. I see that spacing was the reason that this map got DQ in the first place so I guess I’ll also point out places where I feel the spacings are a bit overdone. Again: 01:24:811 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) – Not all of them, but especially the ones that I pointed out first: 8,9,10,11.
  4. 01:29:025 (1,2) –I don’t really know if it’s necessary to make these jumps this big.
  5. 01:29:868 (7,8) –Weird to play, since the flow goes backwards from 7 back to 8. You can probably try turning this stream: 01:29:531 (3,4,5,6,7) –the other way, so that (3) starts where (7) is now.
  6. 01:30:542 (2,3) –This jump looks big.
  7. 01:31:216 (5,6) –Same as 01:29:868 (7,8) –
  8. 01:32:564 (7,8) –This is an example of a pattern that doesn’t cause bad flow, since you don’t have to jump sharply with your cursor. Then again, that jump looks a bit big, lol.
  9. 01:35:261 (6,7) –Pretty big jump.
  10. 01:39:137 (2,3) –This jump looks insane to me since the rhythm here is much faster than the rest of kiai time and yet you made the jump almost similar to the rest.
  11. 01:41:834 (2,3) -^
  12. 02:17:733 (1,2) –Not a nice placing, since it causes weird flow and you didn’t place any of the rest like this.
  13. 02:19:755 (1,2) – Rather keep the spacing consistent here with the rest since there’s no real change in the music to support the change of distance here.
  14. 02:20:261 (1,2) -^
  15. 02:20:767 (1,2) –This is just . . . no. Very bad flow and too big jump.
  16. 02:54:811 (5,6) –Very big jump here. What makes it even more difficult is the fact that the jump comes right after a stream.

I’m sorry, but there are still a lot of places where I feel the jumps are just too big (It doesn’t really look like you addressed Irre’s spacing issues thoroughly) I won’t be able to push this forward because of the above reasons and many other similar issues: The insane spacings and the bad flow (Bad flow more my personal opinion I guess)

I want to pop the bubble, but honestly, I’m scared to since I’m afraid I’m overreacting or something, but I truly think, personally, that this isn’t ready yet. I would like the next BN to read this as well and then make his/her own judgement. Perhaps this mapset will go through easily now, but I’m not gonna take that chance. Sorry >.<

Good Luck~!
regarding difficulty: I won't change it.
regarding 1st slider spam flow: It's on purpose. I already tested with the 2nd slider part and it feels much more fun to play antiflow way than to play it in a very flowy way like I did with the 2nd part
regarding snappy jumps from bursts: It's also suppose to be that way. It makes the notes feel much more important.

I'll take this more as an opinion that this map is "overdone". Dunno not sure if it's worth updating only for the green line.
Thanks!
Yauxo
Randomly joining in again, I know you dont like me, but I care about the map.

With all that BN and QAT drama just around the corner, I'd say that "I wont change the difficulty" will result in "That didnt adress the problem mentioned in the first DQ post -> DQ #2" and will probably circle somewhere around that point. Ive seen that youve changed some things, but some of the unnecessay fullscreen jumps are still to be found in the diff.

To the qualifying BN; Make double-sure that it meets your quality standard. This is a double-edged sword, really.
Monstrata
[No Eescape]

1. 01:17:564 (4,5,6) - I can understand your jump from 4>5 but not 5>6. You map an equally large distanced jump to something that is barely audible in the music xP.
  2. 01:24:811 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - These are overdone not because they are too big, bit because this section is quite calm compared to the Kiai right before it. By using jumps this big so early on, it makes the Kiai feel less intense. I think having big jumps here are fine, but comparatively, these should still be smaller than the ones you use in Kiai. Please don't buff the Kiai jumps tho xP.
  3. 01:49:840 (2,4) - Are there even 1/4's here? Applies to a lot of thse 5x streams you use. The blue ticks are nearly inaudible.
  4. 02:05:598 (2,3,1,2) - This doesn't flow very well for me...
  5. 02:08:547 (4) - I would take these out and instead map a jump between 02:08:463 (3,5) - . Triplets work, but making it a 5x stream makes the snare on 5 less impactful. If you did a triplet + jump you could emphasize it a lot better.
  6. 02:37:452 (1,2,3,4) - This should be spaced lower, following your stream pattern. Or at least, spaced less than 02:37:789 (1,2,3,4) - because this set is where the notes are the highest pitch, so having the highest spacing here works best.
  7. 02:54:137 (2,3,1,2) - I don't really like the sharp angle you have to turn from 2>3 in order to play the stream. 02:55:317 (1,2,3) - This is much better though!
  8. 04:11:160 (2,3) - I think a rhythm like this is more appropriate:
  9. 05:09:811 (1,2,1) - etc... man these are pretty cool.
  10. 05:22:115 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Ehh i didn't like these though. They're all stacked but its kinda awkward to play them for me. I much preferred the patterns which involved jumps and movement. Like this pattern is so different from 05:23:295 (1,2,1,2) - while your other sliders prior usually all involve the same pattern and movement being repeated.
I think you could have paid more attention to kicks and snares at certain parts. Examples: 02:56:665 (1,2,3) - 02:59:362 (1,2,3) - 03:00:036 (3,4,5) - 05:49:250 (1,2,3) - 05:54:643 (1,2,3) - etc... The way you map some of these jumps it seems like you go "this drum is loud, lets map a jump " and "this drum is normal/soft, so we'll use normal spacing". You could be more thorough with your spacing concept.

Good luck!
Topic Starter
Strategas
Yauxo

Yauxo wrote:

Randomly joining in again, I know you dont like me, but I care about the map.

With all that BN and QAT drama just around the corner, I'd say that "I wont change the difficulty" will result in "That didnt adress the problem mentioned in the first DQ post -> DQ #2" and will probably circle somewhere around that point. Ive seen that youve changed some things, but some of the unnecessay fullscreen jumps are still to be found in the diff.

To the qualifying BN; Make double-sure that it meets your quality standard. This is a double-edged sword, really.
It's a little silly that you think I don't like you. I may sound so when I disagree with opinions, but that's not true. I'm actually very grateful that you gave your opinion about some things and that you're trying to help with my map.
Also, I think the dq was also aimed to make this into a discusion and some people agreed with irre some didn't, and I still think dqing the map only because of the difficulty is not right.
Would be grateful if you could point out those unnecessary jumps, because I think in most places they can be justified. Even though, I know I actually made a few errors with spacing that were mentioned in the dq post. I might have missed some idk.
monstrata

monstrata wrote:

[No Eescape]

1. 01:17:564 (4,5,6) - I can understand your jump from 4>5 but not 5>6. You map an equally large distanced jump to something that is barely audible in the music xP. it was mainly since I wanted to emphasize 01:18:238 (1) - but changed anyway.
  2. 01:24:811 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - These are overdone not because they are too big, bit because this section is quite calm compared to the Kiai right before it. By using jumps this big so early on, it makes the Kiai feel less intense. I think having big jumps here are fine, but comparatively, these should still be smaller than the ones you use in Kiai. Please don't buff the Kiai jumps tho xP. Well I'm tired of people complaining about these so I'll change them rip. I still felt it was stronger than anything in this song so it had this kind of spacing.
  3. 01:49:840 (2,4) - Are there even 1/4's here? Applies to a lot of thse 5x streams you use. The blue ticks are nearly inaudible. They are audible tho, I don't want to change such things since it's a lot of what dnb maps are based on and they fit extremely well imo.
  4. 02:05:598 (2,3,1,2) - This doesn't flow very well for me... idk I don't really see the problem. The slider follows the same direction as the note before and the angle isn't that bad either.
  5. 02:08:547 (4) - I would take these out and instead map a jump between 02:08:463 (3,5) - . Triplets work, but making it a 5x stream makes the snare on 5 less impactful. If you did a triplet + jump you could emphasize it a lot better. I see what you're getting at but my intention was to have the snare thing as the last stream note and I really liked how it went. Also don't want to randomly cut off the obvious stream which is the only thing that you can listen to at this point.
  6. 02:37:452 (1,2,3,4) - This should be spaced lower, following your stream pattern. Or at least, spaced less than 02:37:789 (1,2,3,4) - because this set is where the notes are the highest pitch, so having the highest spacing here works best. Well the stream patern is actually longer since there's two times where 02:37:452 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - 02:42:845 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this kind of pitch repeats and imo 02:37:789 (1,2,3,4) - is higher pitched than 02:37:452 (1,2,3,4) - so it's more spaced
  7. 02:54:137 (2,3,1,2) - I don't really like the sharp angle you have to turn from 2>3 in order to play the stream. 02:55:317 (1,2,3) - This is much better though! sure
  8. 04:11:160 (2,3) - I think a rhythm like this is more appropriate: I tried to follow vocals there but I guess it's better to follow the thing you gave ok
  9. 05:09:811 (1,2,1) - etc... man these are pretty cool. thank
  10. 05:22:115 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Ehh i didn't like these though. They're all stacked but its kinda awkward to play them for me. I much preferred the patterns which involved jumps and movement. Like this pattern is so different from 05:23:295 (1,2,1,2) - while your other sliders prior usually all involve the same pattern and movement being repeated. Point made
I think you could have paid more attention to kicks and snares at certain parts. Examples: 02:56:665 (1,2,3) - 02:59:362 (1,2,3) - 03:00:036 (3,4,5) - 05:49:250 (1,2,3) - 05:54:643 (1,2,3) - etc... The way you map some of these jumps it seems like you go "this drum is loud, lets map a jump " and "this drum is normal/soft, so we'll use normal spacing". You could be more thorough with your spacing concept. Well I actually did try to make the kick and snare thing more spaced where the bass is stronger, but in some places it just felt too much compared to the other patterns so the spacing stayed rather similar in some places

Good luck!

Thank you!
DahplA
I'm not really a fan of the new pre-Kiai jumps. Firstly, they feel much too easy considering that it is all drums here. This should put it miles ahead of 01:22:283 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - in terms of difficulty. Secondly, it's lost the authentic side to side movement which you've kept throughout the mentioned jump section. In my opinion, I suggest nerfing the mentioned section above, then making the pre-Kiai jumps larger, while keeping it in line with monstrata's mod. Where I suggest lowering spacing would be 01:24:137 (4,5,6,7) - this stack and circle. To me, the intensity doesn't get too high in comparison to the jumps emphasis. What I mean is there's a lot of spacing increase, for a little bit of intensity increase. The drum pre-Kiai jumps are well-spaced, but I really would love to see the side-to-side motion again. It was unique, and it's a bit of a shame seeing it removed.

That's my opinion on the change. Good luck C:
Topic Starter
Strategas
uhh it was really painful to remove them yes, I'll see if I can bring them back according to your suggestion. Thanks!
Yauxo
Some things will probably overlap with that I've said in my mod and some things might sound weird. It's christmas eve here, my english and explaining might have taken a hit today. I'll list some major examples of what my spacing problem is about so that I dont have to pick every single pattern out of that map. I think this would be disrespectful as well. See these as general examples you could apply to any similar pattern.

Section from 00:39:137 (1) - to 00:43:351 (2) -
I can see that you want to support the song getting "louder" (I guess less quiet) and rightfully so, but comparing the spacing from Part A (quiet) to Part B (not-so-quiet) doesnt feel right to me.

- Part A uses a pretty low and even spacing with expections for patterns like 00:29:699 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -, which is totally fine though! The spacing fits the difficulty and song intensity very well, so there are no complaints here.
- Part B on the other hand literally jumps up the difficulty curve and introduces a 3/1 jumping section, peaking at x3,5 DS for a very similar type of beat like the previous, just being a little bit louder with additional bass here and there.

If Part A's general DS would be 1.0, Part B's should be around 1.3 to 1.5 - it currently feels more like a 2.0 or higher.

Section from 01:22:283 (1) - to 01:26:328 (1) -
What buggs me here is that the difficulty of the song starts to ramp up even before the actual speed/intensity/whatever change happens.

01:22:283 (1) - to 01:24:643 (8) - still feels like it'd belong to the part before that (which had lots of patterned spacing like 01:17:733 (5,6,7,8,9,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - ). Again, I can see the intention behind this, but I dont think that this much spacing is jusified with the previous part in mind.
01:24:811 (1) - to 01:26:160 (10) - Glad that it was nerfed a bit so that it's not full on fullscreen jumps anymore. While it does fit to the intensity of the current buildup, I'd lower this one a little bit as well if you were to change the things mentioned above. It's strong, yes, but it's not the end of a kiai.

Part 01:30:036 (8,9,10,1,2,3) - and similar (Kiai stuff)
So, these happen many times throughout the map, so Im not sure if what I say is even valid. For me though, they're too spaced.

Im having lots of trouble pointing the finger at specific patterns because, theoretically, every single one of these patterns is consistent with a different pattern that meets the same issue. If I were to point out pattern x and ask for a less spaced version, then pattern y would be overspaced in comparison. Rinse repeat, every changed pattern is overspaced compared to the previous one.
It's like as if youre in a sandcastle building competition. One guy builds a huge one and everyone tried to build a better and higher one - until everyone's castle breaks down. wat

I feel like stuff like the following examples could be toned down by at least a tiny bit, as some of them just feel like basic* beats/notes. Maybe this would help to lower the general spacing a little bit, too.

01:27:845 (2,3) -
01:30:036 (8,9,10,1,2,3) -
01:33:238 (2,1) -
01:35:261 (6,7) -
01:35:767 (1,2,1) -
01:37:958 (6,7,8) -
01:41:665 (1,2,3,4) -
01:43:856 (1,2,1) -
01:46:047 (5,6) -
01:46:553 (1,2,1) -
01:49:081 (5,6,1,2,3) -
01:51:946 (1,2,3) -
01:54:643 (1,2,1) -
01:57:340 (1,2,1) -
02:02:227 (5,6,7,1,2,3) -
02:04:924 (5,6) -

On the other hand I'd like to point out patterns that I really like, spacing wise. I could see the map being mapped like this (if used correctly)

01:29:531 (3,4,5,6,7,8) -
01:31:553 (7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -
01:34:418 (1,2,3,4,5) -
01:39:474 (4,5,1) -
01:42:845 (2,3,4,5) -
01:46:890 (1,2,3,4,1) -
01:49:755 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) -
01:53:632 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) -
01:55:654 (4,1,2,3,4,5) -
01:58:351 (4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -
02:03:238 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2) -
02:06:778 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1,2) -

So, if you were to adjust the "wrong" spaced objects to be "right" spaced objects, I'd probably be happy already.

(*Basic: Things you'd map as a "normal spaced" object in a very standard/meta Insane (no very strong bass/beat, no streamy sounds, etc.) (I hope this makes sense))

I also think that things like 03:01:722 (5,6,1,2,3) - dont feel too good either. Right now, there's tons of movement everywhere with these huge jumps, so (5 and 6) are comparably tiny and have "no" movement to add to the map.

If we were to talk about consistency, the movement should probably go (Fast) (Fast) (Less Fast) (Somewhat Slow) (Less Fast) (Fast) (Fast), while patterns like these are (Fast) (Fast) (Fast) (Slow) (Fast) (Fast) (Fast).

I feel stupid/like a kid explaining things like this, but I dont know how to do it otherwise. Sorry lol

Anyway, I hope that this helps a little bit.
It feels like Im just trying to kill the difficulty of this map. Maybe Im just a guy that dislikes extremely spaced maps, sorry.
Topic Starter
Strategas

Yauxo wrote:

Some things will probably overlap with that I've said in my mod and some things might sound weird. It's christmas eve here, my english and explaining might have taken a hit today. I'll list some major examples of what my spacing problem is about so that I dont have to pick every single pattern out of that map. I think this would be disrespectful as well. See these as general examples you could apply to any similar pattern.

Section from 00:39:137 (1) - to 00:43:351 (2) -
I can see that you want to support the song getting "louder" (I guess less quiet) and rightfully so, but comparing the spacing from Part A (quiet) to Part B (not-so-quiet) doesnt feel right to me.

- Part A uses a pretty low and even spacing with expections for patterns like 00:29:699 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -, which is totally fine though! The spacing fits the difficulty and song intensity very well, so there are no complaints here.
- Part B on the other hand literally jumps up the difficulty curve and introduces a 3/1 jumping section, peaking at x3,5 DS for a very similar type of beat like the previous, just being a little bit louder with additional bass here and there.

If Part A's general DS would be 1.0, Part B's should be around 1.3 to 1.5 - it currently feels more like a 2.0 or higher.

Section from 01:22:283 (1) - to 01:26:328 (1) -
What buggs me here is that the difficulty of the song starts to ramp up even before the actual speed/intensity/whatever change happens.

01:22:283 (1) - to 01:24:643 (8) - still feels like it'd belong to the part before that (which had lots of patterned spacing like 01:17:733 (5,6,7,8,9,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - ). Again, I can see the intention behind this, but I dont think that this much spacing is jusified with the previous part in mind.
01:24:811 (1) - to 01:26:160 (10) - Glad that it was nerfed a bit so that it's not full on fullscreen jumps anymore. While it does fit to the intensity of the current buildup, I'd lower this one a little bit as well if you were to change the things mentioned above. It's strong, yes, but it's not the end of a kiai.

Part 01:30:036 (8,9,10,1,2,3) - and similar (Kiai stuff)
So, these happen many times throughout the map, so Im not sure if what I say is even valid. For me though, they're too spaced.

Im having lots of trouble pointing the finger at specific patterns because, theoretically, every single one of these patterns is consistent with a different pattern that meets the same issue. If I were to point out pattern x and ask for a less spaced version, then pattern y would be overspaced in comparison. Rinse repeat, every changed pattern is overspaced compared to the previous one.
It's like as if youre in a sandcastle building competition. One guy builds a huge one and everyone tried to build a better and higher one - until everyone's castle breaks down. wat

I feel like stuff like the following examples could be toned down by at least a tiny bit, as some of them just feel like basic* beats/notes. Maybe this would help to lower the general spacing a little bit, too.

01:27:845 (2,3) -
01:30:036 (8,9,10,1,2,3) -
01:33:238 (2,1) -
01:35:261 (6,7) -
01:35:767 (1,2,1) -
01:37:958 (6,7,8) -
01:41:665 (1,2,3,4) -
01:43:856 (1,2,1) -
01:46:047 (5,6) -
01:46:553 (1,2,1) -
01:49:081 (5,6,1,2,3) -
01:51:946 (1,2,3) -
01:54:643 (1,2,1) -
01:57:340 (1,2,1) -
02:02:227 (5,6,7,1,2,3) -
02:04:924 (5,6) -

On the other hand I'd like to point out patterns that I really like, spacing wise. I could see the map being mapped like this (if used correctly)

01:29:531 (3,4,5,6,7,8) -
01:31:553 (7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -
01:34:418 (1,2,3,4,5) -
01:39:474 (4,5,1) -
01:42:845 (2,3,4,5) -
01:46:890 (1,2,3,4,1) -
01:49:755 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) -
01:53:632 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) -
01:55:654 (4,1,2,3,4,5) -
01:58:351 (4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -
02:03:238 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2) -
02:06:778 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1,2) -

So, if you were to adjust the "wrong" spaced objects to be "right" spaced objects, I'd probably be happy already.

(*Basic: Things you'd map as a "normal spaced" object in a very standard/meta Insane (no very strong bass/beat, no streamy sounds, etc.) (I hope this makes sense))

I also think that things like 03:01:722 (5,6,1,2,3) - dont feel too good either. Right now, there's tons of movement everywhere with these huge jumps, so (5 and 6) are comparably tiny and have "no" movement to add to the map.

If we were to talk about consistency, the movement should probably go (Fast) (Fast) (Less Fast) (Somewhat Slow) (Less Fast) (Fast) (Fast), while patterns like these are (Fast) (Fast) (Fast) (Slow) (Fast) (Fast) (Fast).

I feel stupid/like a kid explaining things like this, but I dont know how to do it otherwise. Sorry lol

Anyway, I hope that this helps a little bit.
It feels like Im just trying to kill the difficulty of this map. Maybe Im just a guy that dislikes extremely spaced maps, sorry.

Adjusted spacing in some parts. However, places in the kiai like 01:33:070 (1) - 01:43:856 (1) - feel stronger too me than 01:27:677 (1) - 01:38:463 (1) - etc so spaced them a little more. 01:49:081 (5,6,1,2,3) - these things also gonna keep, cause feels strong aswell. Regarding the big - small - big jump thing also gonna keep it like that since that's just how the music is. I would understand it would be pure cancer if they flowed kinda linear but sharp angles play much easier with such things.
Thanks!
Frostmourne
M4M Return

I'm kind of impressed with the map after playing throughout the song, the last kiai did good job, disappointed at first for high AR usage though.

There are 2 things that I don't like in the song and deem to be unfitting with the pacing of the diff, hope you consider changing them a bit along with your taste and such

- spaced triples: 01:49:081 (5,6,1) - , 03:15:373 (5,6,1) - , 04:41:665 (5,6,1) - and 06:07:958 (4,5,1) - I can't find them fitting with the song at all and to be honest, they are annoying to play in practice so is it done in favor of having more pp? if not, you could change to a triple stack or use less-spaced triples instead.

- 02:10:823 (1,2) - this is kind of surprising to read for the first time, trying to introduce this by having proper spacing at the 1st 2 sliders and then leave the rest the same? proper spacing that I mean is just only using ctrl+g on 02:10:823 (1) - and everything else is done, just make it close spacing to show players it's sliders on 1/4 not constant 1/2 like what have been done so far. When you compare this with 05:03:407 (1,2) - , it's more intuitive on 05:03:407 (1,2) - as they are mapped by curved slider and the direction is matched each other unlike 02:10:823(1,2) -

The rest looks great though, a challenging map to play that doesn't go beyond the song that far. Good luck for re-qualification and ranking :oops:
Topic Starter
Strategas

FrostxE wrote:

M4M Return

I'm kind of impressed with the map after playing throughout the song, the last kiai did good job, disappointed at first for high AR usage though. this ar feels comfortable to me personally for such map, it's not a farm map anyway so much rather let it be more forgiving

There are 2 things that I don't like in the song and deem to be unfitting with the pacing of the diff, hope you consider changing them a bit along with your taste and such

- spaced triples: 01:49:081 (5,6,1) - , 03:15:373 (5,6,1) - , 04:41:665 (5,6,1) - and 06:07:958 (4,5,1) - I can't find them fitting with the song at all and to be honest, they are annoying to play in practice so is it done in favor of having more pp? if not, you could change to a triple stack or use less-spaced triples instead. it's just intense there, but I guess the tripples can be less spaced, but they have to be emphasized since I mapped to the drums

- 02:10:823 (1,2) - this is kind of surprising to read for the first time, trying to introduce this by having proper spacing at the 1st 2 sliders and then leave the rest the same? proper spacing that I mean is just only using ctrl+g on 02:10:823 (1) - and everything else is done, just make it close spacing to show players it's sliders on 1/4 not constant 1/2 like what have been done so far. When you compare this with 05:03:407 (1,2) - , it's more intuitive on 05:03:407 (1,2) - as they are mapped by curved slider and the direction is matched each other unlike 02:10:823(1,2) - changed that part a little to make it play easier and yeah less spacing on first few sliders

The rest looks great though, a challenging map to play that doesn't go beyond the song that far. Good luck for re-qualification and ranking :oops:
Thank you!
Pho
Back to #1
snz
Wtf DahplA!?

DahplA

Ppuskalin wrote:

Wtf DahplA!?

C:
snz
I Will Shoot One Star For This

btw i never will shoot 60 stars like dahpla
Topic Starter
Strategas
thanks! I'm still waiting for a bubble man and someone with a flame thrower ėėėė
Chaoslitz
M4M, sorry for delay
[No Escape]
  1. 00:27:002 (1,2,3) - The difference of the jump is too big for me, consider moving 00:27:340 (3,4,5) higher
  2. 01:26:328 (1,2,3,4) - The jump isn't really need with the soft music
  3. 01:28:014 (3,1) - The jump here looks weird imo after hitting a triangle 01:27:677 (1,2,3), try something like this:
    Don't forget to adjust the spacing behind
  4. 01:33:407 (1) - Remove the NC, also the jump is large too large even though there is drum, compare to other parts
  5. 01:33:913 (2,3) - 01:35:935 (2,1) - 01:44:025 (2,1) - 01:48:238 (2,1) - ^
  6. 01:49:250 (1,2,3) - yea jumps like this is still overdone for me

I am sorry that I can't push this map forward.
Although i don't have this map before the 1st qualified, though I still think some of the jumps are overdone and unexpected to be that large, didn't point out all in the mod, but yea if you know what I mean, it mostly appears in the kiai time, not absolutely unacceptable, but somehow it isn't in my style. However you mapped streams with various spacing nicely.
And sorry about it again, anyway, feel to find me if you any questions, try to find other BNs as well, they may favour in this style and help you pushing it forward
Good luck!
Biggy
Just a suggestion to make it look cooler and its a minor detail.

01:06:104 (1,2) - Make these curved to have it match the rest of that part.

But anyway its a really good map! I hope this gets ranked. Have a nice day.
Topic Starter
Strategas

Chaoslitz wrote:

M4M, sorry for delay
[No Escape]
  1. 00:27:002 (1,2,3) - The difference of the jump is too big for me, consider moving 00:27:340 (3,4,5) higher stronger than the rest, it wouldn't be emhasized if I reduced the spacing
  2. 01:26:328 (1,2,3,4) - The jump isn't really need with the soft music not really a jump, because it comes from slider. it's almost the same as having it as 1/2 gap since it's so close
  3. 01:28:014 (3,1) - The jump here looks weird imo after hitting a triangle 01:27:677 (1,2,3), try something like this: seems fine to me, I'm kind of using similar patern here with blanketing, if you mean the angle it still plays fine
    Don't forget to adjust the spacing behind
  4. 01:33:407 (1) - Remove the NC, also the jump is large too large even though there is drum, compare to other parts the nc follows the 1-2-3 patern, but since it's a slider, I NCed it instead of the note after, so that some bursts that start on blue tick don't get NCed 01:44:193 (1,2) - etc. Regarding spacing these sections are spaced more than the rest because the song is more intense here
  5. 01:33:913 (2,3) - 01:35:935 (2,1) - 01:44:025 (2,1) - 01:48:238 (2,1) - ^
  6. 01:49:250 (1,2,3) - yea jumps like this is still overdone for me it should be the hardest part in kiai imo

I am sorry that I can't push this map forward.
Although i don't have this map before the 1st qualified, though I still think some of the jumps are overdone and unexpected to be that large, didn't point out all in the mod, but yea if you know what I mean, it mostly appears in the kiai time, not absolutely unacceptable, but somehow it isn't in my style. However you mapped streams with various spacing nicely. It can be easier, but it can be harder too. I think the spacing is consistent enough. First I tried to map it mainly to the drums, but after some mods I thought of including the intensity of the bass aswell. So some sections that seem overspaced are just following the more intense bass with the help of drums.
And sorry about it again, anyway, feel to find me if you any questions, try to find other BNs as well, they may favour in this style and help you pushing it forward Before qualify finding BNs wasn't that difficult. Now it's pretty much impossible considering I already had a lot of BNs involved so very few remain.
Good luck!
Thanks! Sorry, for not applying anything, but your opinion is still appreciated and I will consider it.

Biggy wrote:

Just a suggestion to make it look cooler and its a minor detail.
01:06:104 (1,2) - Make these curved to have it match the rest of that part. I'm kind of doing another thing here with starting with a few straight sliders then in the middle curved sliders and also end with straight sliders
But anyway its a really good map! I hope this gets ranked. Have a nice day.
Thank you, I hope so too xd

DahplA wtf
Underforest
DahplA is just like

a star farmer
DahplA

Underforest wrote:

DahplA is just like

a star farmer
Hehe
Mint
Congratulations! You were the best stalker by posting 36 seconds after opening my queue!

You won .............. a mod!

:idea: General

* o

Expert

* OD9.5 = overkill imo. You don't need such high OD in my point of view... I can see myself getting 99% in the beginning and then because of stamina getting like 85% acc towards the end. Nor is this a special case of 'notelock', this is not a Mazzerin map with high BPM lol.
* 00:30:373 (5,6) - Don't see why this is so large? Literally nothing special at (6), and really takes away the emphasis on (7) after this, because (5,6) is already large.
* 00:40:149 (8,9,10,1,2) - Gotta find these almost straight lines a bit unconmfortable when they are not straight (it looks like a mistake, rather than intentional) and not consistent in spacing.
* 01:06:104 (1) - NC spam in this whole section is -kinda- really unneeded >_>
* 01:18:744 (2) - Literally, the emphasis of the whole intro was mainly on the vocals. Why skip these now?
* 01:39:137 (2) - CTRL+G? (2,3) plays awkwardly now due to antiflow.
* 01:52:283 (3,1,2,3,4,5) - Would move 3 upwards. Your map seems to be mostly freestyle and being restricted to the same (straight) area is really uncomfortable & sudden, when 99% of the kiai is fully freestyle with many jumps & curved sliders ...
* 02:10:823 (1) - 05:03:407 (1) - gotta say these slider spam parts are pretty cool /w\
* 02:37:705 (4,1) - That ongoing loud beat pattern is gone and the section is slowly getting calmer, let's put a stream jump here!!! what ehh..?? (this is very different than for example 02:43:097 (4,1) - , where it goes from calm -> original again. even at a similar part 02:37:705 (4,1) - you just keep DS)
* 04:31:722 (2) - Spacing is a bit too large here to do this antiflow kickslider pattern imo. You seem to do this quite often tho... but maybe try this? http://puu.sh/n1A5q/57e6a43faa.jpg
* 04:40:486 (1,1) - Spam not needed.
* 05:35:598 (3,4,1) - From your description, I think you mean this? Maybe I interpreted it wrongly, but I still think stuff like this should be avoided. I'm definitely NOT against spaced stuff; the thing is however, that this is the first real time you did stuff like this.... in the 5th minute of the song. If you're going to do spaced 1/4 or overall gimmicky stuff, better do it consistently throughout the whole map, or else it's just a mess ._.

Yeah, I've testplayed one of your previous maps before. I think I have the same idea as Chaoslitz. I don't really feel like iconing this map. While there are many interesting elements in your map, to me it sometimes feels just a tad overdone overall and a bit too insane for my likings. Maybe you can convince me otherwise after applying this mod, but maybe not >_>

Good luck for now and have fun!
Topic Starter
Strategas

appleeaterx wrote:

Congratulations! You were the best stalker by posting 36 seconds after opening my queue! big fan

You won .............. a mod!

lots of red text

:idea: General

* o

Expert

* OD9.5 = overkill imo. You don't need such high OD in my point of view... I can see myself getting 99% in the beginning and then because of stamina getting like 85% acc towards the end. Nor is this a special case of 'notelock', this is not a Mazzerin map with high BPM lol. As said before, this song is easy rhythm wise and it's pretty high difficulty so having it the same as 5 star DnB map would be silly imo.
* 00:30:373 (5,6) - Don't see why this is so large? Literally nothing special at (6), and really takes away the emphasis on (7) after this, because (5,6) is already large. I wouldn't it call it large tbh it's just a tiny wee bit larger than other ones, I really don't think it's a big deal. The snare is still spaced more. The whole map is mainly based on the drum on red tick and snare on white tick after, so I also used it in the beginning in some places like 00:27:845 (6,7) - aswell
* 00:40:149 (8,9,10,1,2) - Gotta find these almost straight lines a bit unconmfortable when they are not straight (it looks like a mistake, rather than intentional) and not consistent in spacing. The stack resets the movement so the linear movement doesn't really mean anything here, especially when it's right next to the stack.
* 01:06:104 (1) - NC spam in this whole section is -kinda- really unneeded >_> why not? I think it seperates the paterns pretty nicely
* 01:18:744 (2) - Literally, the emphasis of the whole intro was mainly on the vocals. Why skip these now? 01:16:890 (1) - from here I start mapping to drums and other stuff as indicated with hitsounds
* 01:39:137 (2) - CTRL+G? (2,3) plays awkwardly now due to antiflow. It plays better how it is, if you play the sliders as circles. If ctrl g that, then the clickable slider will be too high and uncomfortable imo. The spacing gets messed up a bit too
* 01:52:283 (3,1,2,3,4,5) - Would move 3 upwards. Your map seems to be mostly freestyle and being restricted to the same (straight) area is really uncomfortable & sudden, when 99% of the kiai is fully freestyle with many jumps & curved sliders ... if anything I'd move not the 3 but the burst a bit up like 01:49:587 (3,1,2,3,4,5) - but this so minor that kill me, Ill change it if I convince you to bubble this somehow xd.
* 02:10:823 (1) - 05:03:407 (1) - gotta say these slider spam parts are pretty cool /w\ tbh some people like this thing the most and some people hate the most :D
* 02:37:705 (4,1) - That ongoing loud beat pattern is gone and the section is slowly getting calmer, let's put a stream jump here!!! what ehh..?? (this is very different than for example 02:43:097 (4,1) - , where it goes from calm -> original again. even at a similar part 02:37:705 (4,1) - you just keep DS) maybe I'm deaf but 02:42:845 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - and 02:37:452 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - sound identically to me when the stream jump note hits the highest pitch
* 04:31:722 (2) - Spacing is a bit too large here to do this antiflow kickslider pattern imo. You seem to do this quite often tho... but maybe try this? http://puu.sh/n1A5q/57e6a43faa.jpg Same applies here too. I don't want the player to play this patern in a circular way and want to him to just click the slider and ignore it's direction looks cool too Spacing wise, it doesn't extend the spacing I use for most kiais so it's fine.
* 04:40:486 (1,1) - Spam not needed. 04:41:160 - nc intended here but that's impossible so it's like that. Same applies at 03:14:868 -
* 05:35:598 (3,4,1) - From your description, I think you mean this? Maybe I interpreted it wrongly, but I still think stuff like this should be avoided. I'm definitely NOT against spaced stuff; the thing is however, that this is the first real time you did stuff like this.... in the 5th minute of the song. If you're going to do spaced 1/4 or overall gimmicky stuff, better do it consistently throughout the whole map, or else it's just a mess ._. This section is one of the easiest tho. People mostly complained about the overall spacing of kiais and stuff but it already got really nerfed I just can't nerf it more than it is or it's completely something not I had in mind when mapping this... Regarding the mentioned patern it's the same way emphasized as in the previous streams like 02:37:705 (4,1) - 02:43:097 (4,1) - 05:30:205 (3,4,1) - . I think it really fits
Yeah, I've testplayed one of your previous maps before. I think I have the same idea as Chaoslitz. I don't really feel like iconing this map. While there are many interesting elements in your map, to me it sometimes feels just a tad overdone overall and a bit too insane for my likings. Maybe you can convince me otherwise after applying this mod, but maybe not >_> There was already a discussion about the general spacing of this map and I still believe that scaling the map by 0.8x or something doesn't improve it's quality at all, but only reduces the difficulty of it.

Good luck for now and have fun!
Thanks for the mod! well if you could only not block private messages I'd discuss it further and maybe we could decide on something ^^
Kuki
good luck friend
Topic Starter
Strategas
yeah that's something I will really need, thanks mate
walaowey
Good luck man .. Wish u all the best xD
DahplA plz .. those stars LOL
Milan-
-00:43:351 (2,3) - nuu still dont jump ;( maybe something like this http://puu.sh/ngJd7/b521f5c1da.jpg ?
-01:06:104 - didnt find much sense to silience the slider ends when there are mapping a clear beat uhhh even 20% may do what you want but better, also how loud those whistles are, is annoyingx d maybe using 40% or less do better
-03:02:396 (3,6) - http://puu.sh/ngJRk/015ffeafd5.jpg triggers me, dunno why
-03:34:081 (5,6,1) - weird that you have these 3 notes in the same line when you jump pretty much every downbeat uhhh
-04:21:104 (4) - x050y350 ~~-triggers me, dunno why
-04:36:778 (3,1,2,3,4) - dont u think this straight flow is kinda awkward? your flow is usually pretty smooth and freely, but here is kinda eh i think
-04:46:216 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - especially here, where it's stack-triple-jump!, weird i'd say
-05:03:070 (1,2,1,2) - myaesthetics http://puu.sh/ngKFY/7b8f883586.jpg
gooood song
im ok with the map, so ya i can 2nd i guess
DahplA

Milan- wrote:

im ok with the map, so ya i can 2nd i guess
Guys.

It's hapenning
show more