forum

Support for Razer Chroma products?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +48
Topic Starter
Pyroglyph
I just received a Razer Tartarus Chroma for Christmas and I just thought that this (and other Razer products) would look really good if they pulsed or flashed in time with the music that osu! is playing. I don't know much about the Chroma SDK but it may be nice to have something like this implemented ;)
Flanster
Moved to Feature Requests.

That looks pretty cool, I would work with this SDK, but I'm not planning on getting such peripherals.
Endaris
peppy doesn't like Razer though.
Just like with NC-mod this could also cause unwished results on variable bpm maps.
FrzR
The codes might break easily like their products do. :^)
Topic Starter
Pyroglyph

Endaris wrote:

Just like with NC-mod this could also cause unwished results on variable bpm maps.
I'm curious as to how you think that would work, because in my mind, all the SDK allows you to do is change the colours on Razer Chroma products. It wouldn't affect the software in any other way or change the speed of the map. Its simply a call to a peripheral. However, I may be wrong. If I am, please correct me :)
Endaris
NC-mod alters the sound and it adds extra beats to the song based on the downbeats.
A colorswitch would most likely be based on downbeats too, causing the keyboard to rapidly change colors at a seemingly random pace(partially on every single note).
Would need an epilepsy-warning for sure.
Topic Starter
Pyroglyph

Endaris wrote:

A colorswitch would most likely be based on downbeats too, causing the keyboard to rapidly change colors at a seemingly random pace(partially on every single note).
Ah, makes sense. Thanks for pointing that out.

Endaris wrote:

Would need an epilepsy-warning for sure.
Most definitely XD It would be like a nightclub or something :D
Officer Baitlyn
while we are at it Logitech and other brands also have available sdks
revoh

Pyroglyph wrote:

I just received a Razer Tartarus Chroma for Christmas and I just thought that this (and other Razer products) would look really good if they pulsed or flashed in time with the music that osu! is playing. I don't know much about the Chroma SDK but it may be nice to have something like this implemented ;)
TAKE MY VOTES
MetaPixel
Not only razer, but logitech and others too...

Well, lazer is open source. Maybe one day someone with free time and knowledge will program this, and maybe peppy will accept it...
It doesn't look like this would be hard to implement though.