forum

USA Taiko Tournament [Registration Open 10/22~11/14]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Catgirl
thanks LTL, Shyguy, Ozzy, Nivrad, and Darkalber for commentating with me, it was fun c:
Nwolf
The Schedule for Quarterfinals has arrived!

Additionally, map pick statistics and tournament bracket have been added as well.

Sorted by time of the matches. Bolded times are UTC, times next to the player names are localized, your time *stares at Ozzy*. Please inform us about issues with the schedule as soon as possible!

Have fun!
Topic Starter
Backfire
Ney
well I'm screwed
FLANKs

n1doking wrote:

well I'm screwed
TFC v n1do.
This is going to be funny :P
Catgirl

n1doking wrote:

well I'm screwed
can i rematch n1do again this round? i think i'd win
OzzyOzrock
pack or forfeit
Garpo
Some bad News: I am feeling quite ill so I will be going to sleep in hope to feel better when I wake up.
Most likely we will not have a streamer for the matches today sorry.
Nwolf
The Schedule for Semifinals has arrived!

As always, sorted by time of the matches. Bolded times are UTC, times next to the player names are localized, your time. This week has two matches where the setup depends on the results of a previous match: LSF5 and LSF6. These come after the matches on Saturday, the players will be updated as soon as we know who won (obviously lol)! Please inform us about issues with the schedule as soon as possible!

Enjoy your time!
Shyguy
I made a pack for the semi-finals

download it here yo
Catgirl

Shyguy wrote:

download it here yo
there's a pack but where is the posting saying which maps are in which bracket? i need to practice so i don't get beat 4-0 lol
Shyguy

Decon082 wrote:

Shyguy wrote:

download it here yo
there's a pack but where is the posting saying which maps are in which bracket? i need to practice so i don't get beat 4-0 lol
I posted this assuming that there would be a bracket later, but if it still isn't there later this afternoon, I'll make a post that'll define the maps.

edit: Here's the bracket. I put it in a spoiler so that my post would only be long if you opened the box.

Nwolf
The Schedule for Finals has arrived!

As always, sorted by time of the matches. Bolded times are UTC, times next to the player names are localized, your time. This week has one match where the setup depends on the results of a previous match: Lower Finals. The matchup will be updated after Saturdays' matches. I'm not entirely sure if you will have family around until Saturday, if yes you'll probably have to be ready to wake up earlier on Sunday. Please inform us about issues with the schedule as soon as possible!

Map pools will be out soon

Merry Christmas!
MMzz
Tiger rampage DT for mappool.
FLANKs

Nwolf wrote:

The Schedule for Finals has arrived!
You linked the wrong schedule.
Nwolf
Until fixed: I believe in your ability to click on another tab c:
MMzz
Where are the maps?
Catgirl
Kuro
lmao impossibru to pass
Topic Starter
Backfire
We're going to delay the tournament till next week due to the holidays. Hope this doesn't bother anyone. I am also still having problems with some personal stuff so I have been taking this time to rest.
MMzz
Lost The Lights
FLANKs
Dragonforce for TB? How unfun, and unoriginal. :(
Topic Starter
Backfire

FLANKs wrote:

Dragonforce for TB? How unfun, and unoriginal. :(
Believe me when I say it was our last choice. Our hands have been tied as far as tiebreakers. Turns out it is harder to find appropriate maps that haven't been used before than I figured. I hope you're not too bothered by it, because there really was no alternative other than me or someone else making something.
Topic Starter
Backfire
It seems like bancho is broken and we are experiencing some problems from it as well. I will announce a revised schedule later. Sorry for the inconvenience
Kuro
bancho u mah boooiiii i knewu wouldnt let me play wit dis hangover

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
goatlife

Kuro wrote:

bancho u mah boooiiii i knewu wouldnt let me play wit dis hangover

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
happy new years ['L_']
snz
['L_']
MMzz
Are today's matches delayed too?
Topic Starter
Backfire
Alright, so I've talked with a couple players and staff, and we have decided on a couple of solutions due to Bancho messing up scheduling. We would like to, for the sake of convenience and to also give you guys more practice and us more time to finalize the map pool, to delay the grand finals to the 16th & 17th. However, the matches for this week are still going to be done, we would like to do them today, tomorrow and tuesday.

There is still another choice however, if after we finish the finals matches, would all of the players prefer to just do the grand finals next week? It would give you less time to practice, or we could release the Grand Finals Pool today and let you practice for it in advance this way.

It's up to you, i'd like everyone to message me and we will decide what will suit everyone best. I am truly sorry that the tournament had to get delayed AGAIN, but this time it wasn't necessarily our fault, however I'll still take the blame.

If the players could also tell me what times you would like to play during the week, that would be great :)
Garpo
Sorry for lack of updates.
Backfire seems to have disappeared, what going to go down is that we're going to have the rest of the finals matches this weekend (16th & 17th) and "finals week 3" to determine the winners.
A link to the schedule can be found here.
If any of the times are conflicting, be sure to contact me or Nwolf
There will be no Grand Finals Map pool, we will be keeping the same Finals Mappool.
Garpo

The Final Finals Schedule is out!

Good luck to the remaining competitors
If there is any trouble with scheduling, please tell me or nwolf as soon as possible.
goatlife
hype
Catgirl
the final 3
Garpo

We finally have a winner.

In Third place we have OzzyOzrock who got there by basically wbd
In Second Place we have FLANKs who fought a good battle
In First Place we have MMzz (insert witty comment here)

Prizes will be distributed by Tournaments soon™

I hope it was fun while we had some complications we got through it.
It was a fun learning experience!
OzzyOzrock
i coulda gotten 1st but the pizza was too strong :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: