forum

gmtn. - -the causality melody-

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cryptic
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, December 14, 2015 at 1:45:13 PM

Artist: gmtn.
Title: -the causality melody-
Tags: 163 BPM quarter sixth eigth quixic causality furiosa wrath violin dubstep drum bass streams gumtune witch's slave marathon gothic hardcore drumstep
BPM: 163
Filesize: 5282kb
Play Time: 05:05
Difficulties Available:
  1. alchemstoria. (5.78 stars, 1481 notes)
Download: gmtn. - -the causality melody-
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Going for rank on this 'til I die.
[Currently remapping a good chunk of the map - everything up to 00:54:000 is done]
Aezis
Alchemstoria:

00:16:145 (6,1,2,3,4) - Blanket this better, also spacing is inconsistent
00:42:648 (5) - Stack on slider end
00:49:918 - Add note under slider end, and stack this note as well to make a triple, or make it a spaced triple, which would fit better
00:51:115 (4,5,6) - The flow here is awful
00:55:072 (2,4) - Make better blanket if possible
00:55:808 - Same ass before add note here, and stack this 00:55:900 (5) -
01:36:021 - Kiai time is unsnapped
Topic Starter
Cryptic

Aezis wrote:

Alchemstoria:

00:16:145 (6,1,2,3,4) - Blanket this better, also spacing is inconsistent
Kind of fixed. I did blanket it better, but I didn't see what you meant about inconsistent spacing?

00:42:648 (5) - Stack on slider end
Fixed

00:49:918 - Add note under slider end, and stack this note as well to make a triple, or make it a spaced triple, which would fit better
Is there a particular reason? I continue that rhythm throughout the entire section - so in order to change this I'd have to remap everything. I'm not super keen on that unless I absolutely have to as I think I it works better this way. However, if the overwhelming response is along this line, I'll definitely change it (just want more opinions).

00:51:115 (4,5,6) - The flow here is awful
Fixed? I think? It feels better to me at least.

00:55:072 (2,4) - Make better blanket if possible
I moved things every so slightly, but overall it didn't change much at all.

00:55:808 - Same ass before add note here, and stack this 00:55:900 (5) -
Same response as before, though there is a noise here I could understand a need to map. I did nerf the jump a bit though just in case I have to change this spot a bit.

01:36:021 - Kiai time is unsnapped
Fixed.
silento
This map 10/10. You planning to add some more to the end?
Topic Starter
Cryptic

TheArchist wrote:

This map 10/10. You planning to add some more to the end?
Yep, I'm trying to make the ending less boring, because its essentially the same beat for about 80+ measures.
So what I'll probably do is at the beginning start with a complex rhythm then work my way down over the span of the ending to a really simplistic rhythm.
I also need to finish my storyboard :D
Yuthuil
From M4M

alchemstoria:

- 00:10:626 (1,1) - bad blanket really stands out

- 00:13:754 (1) - you will have better rhythm if you delete this, replace with a circle then move 00:14:122 (2,3,4) - all back one tick since atm it plays really weirdly since the sliders are starting on a red tick

- 00:29:950 (2,3) - doesn't overlap nicely with 3, let alone match the difficulty so far

- 00:59:951 (4,5) - i think a blanket here would be nice, if not how about a red node slider mimicking a blanket

- 01:07:589 (6) - add finish on end of slider?

- 01:07:957 (1) - ^

- 01:08:325 (3) - ^

- 01:50:749 (1,2) - too close looks bad, even though it may be 1/4 I think you can still space the little slider out more

- 01:57:190 (3) - I think this should be circles instead since the beat is strong here or at least little sliders

- 03:32:344 (1) - ^

- 03:58:111 (4,1) - I think slider in the same place not nice

- 04:00:595 tbh i think there are many missing notes and this is one of them since this is an extra I think you should map every loud and clear beat

GL

-
Topic Starter
Cryptic

Yuthuil wrote:

From M4M

alchemstoria:

- 00:10:626 (1,1) - bad blanket really stands out
It flows better like this IMO

- 00:13:754 (1) - you will have better rhythm if you delete this, replace with a circle then move 00:14:122 (2,3,4) - all back one tick since atm it plays really weirdly since the sliders are starting on a red tick
I've thought about that, yeah - so far out of people I've gotten to playtest it there have been no complaints though. I'll be changing it if the feedback is overwhelming.

- 00:29:950 (2,3) - doesn't overlap nicely with 3, let alone match the difficulty so far
Fixed

- 00:59:951 (4,5) - i think a blanket here would be nice, if not how about a red node slider mimicking a blanket
Moved some things around, made the jump easier, and made it look better.

- 01:07:589 (6) - add finish on end of slider?
Done.

- 01:07:957 (1) - ^
^

- 01:08:325 (3) - ^
^

- 01:50:749 (1,2) - too close looks bad, even though it may be 1/4 I think you can still space the little slider out more
Sadly, thats the exact spacing I use on every single like that through the entire song. I did reposition it a bit though to make it look better.

- 01:57:190 (3) - I think this should be circles instead since the beat is strong here or at least little sliders
Agreed, fixed.

- 03:32:344 (1) - ^
CTRL+F'd, fixed.

- 03:58:111 (4,1) - I think slider in the same place not nice
Its really the only place it can be with the flow as it is currently, but if a lot of people concur I'll remap that short section.

- 04:00:595 tbh i think there are many missing notes and this is one of them since this is an extra I think you should map every loud and clear beat
I agree, but if I were to map every beat the map would literally just be one long stream. I tried to make each musical section rhythmically different according to the intensities of the prominent beats in the music. I think this is fine like it is tbh.

GL

-
Thank you very much! I also noticed a few things and changed them on my own.
Topic Starter
Cryptic
Made some changes to the beginning and nerfed a few jumps throughout the map. Removed the storyboard as well.
DahplA
[alchemstoria.]
  1. 00:17:435 (5) - This slider breaks the circular flow you've been using through the start of the map here. I suggest something like this.
  2. 00:38:601 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Very odd choice to stop mapping the stream, even though the 1/4 melody is still present. I don't see reasoning behind isolating these notes, so I would just stick to the 1/4 rhythm.
  3. 00:49:184 (2) - Not really a huge fan of these, since it implies that the start blue tick is stronger than the ending white tick. It's not wise to have claps on sliderends where they cannot be emphasised as much. I can't imagine you fixing all of these, but I do see it as being a problem towards ranking stage.
  4. 00:50:196 (6,7) - Flowing triples as well aren't too great. You can keep them, but the problem with them is that it does the opposite of what it's meant to. Rather than making it easier to flow, it creates a stop and start playstyle where you have to slow down and speed up afterwards. Again, it will probably take a while to fix them, but keep that in mind for future reference.
  5. 01:27:068 (9) - The problem with this slider is that it doesn't show any relation to 01:26:822 (6,7,8) - . What I mean by this is that since it looks seperated from the triple, it will be extremely difficult to read it's timing and to hit it on that rhythm. I suggest a rhythm like this instead.
-

Not really much I can help out with. I recommend talking to a BN as soon as possible. This song is much too complex and I can't imagine it seeing ranked in it's current state. You should contact someone with more experience to get assistance with this song. Good luck.
Topic Starter
Cryptic

DahplA wrote:

[alchemstoria.]
  1. 00:17:435 (5) - This slider breaks the circular flow you've been using through the start of the map here. I suggest something like this.
    I really like that change - done~
  2. 00:38:601 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Very odd choice to stop mapping the stream, even though the 1/4 melody is still present. I don't see reasoning behind isolating these notes, so I would just stick to the 1/4 rhythm.
    Hmmm, I've thought about it a bit, but I kind of wanted to focus on the new emerging rhythm. I'll hold off a tiny bit before changing this.
  3. 00:49:184 (2) - Not really a huge fan of these, since it implies that the start blue tick is stronger than the ending white tick. It's not wise to have claps on sliderends where they cannot be emphasised as much. I can't imagine you fixing all of these, but I do see it as being a problem towards ranking stage.
    Okay, I know a few ways I can work around this (everywhere) so if it is a huge problem I'll make the change ASAP.
  4. 00:50:196 (6,7) - Flowing triples as well aren't too great. You can keep them, but the problem with them is that it does the opposite of what it's meant to. Rather than making it easier to flow, it creates a stop and start playstyle where you have to slow down and speed up afterwards. Again, it will probably take a while to fix them, but keep that in mind for future reference.
    Yeah, I originally had a more jumpy triplet here that I ended up changing to what you see now. I may just use kick sliders instead. I'll wait for more feedback and suggestions, once again.
  5. 01:27:068 (9) - The problem with this slider is that it doesn't show any relation to 01:26:822 (6,7,8) - . What I mean by this is that since it looks seperated from the triple, it will be extremely difficult to read it's timing and to hit it on that rhythm. I suggest a rhythm like this instead.
    Not entirely sure what you meant here - I'm not sure if you meant a repeating slider but thats kind of what it looks like. I'll tinker with this some.
-

Not really much I can help out with. I recommend talking to a BN as soon as possible. This song is much too complex and I can't imagine it seeing ranked in it's current state. You should contact someone with more experience to get assistance with this song. Good luck.
Thank you very much! I had a gut feeling this was far from being rank-able so I'll definitely get in contact with a BN to get some heavy modding and advice on this - thanks.
DahplA

CrypticMech wrote:

Not entirely sure what you meant here - I'm not sure if you meant a repeating slider but thats kind of what it looks like. I'll tinker with this some.
Yeah that's meant to be a repeating slider, sorry about the confusion.
Topic Starter
Cryptic

DahplA wrote:

CrypticMech wrote:

Yeah that's meant to be a repeating slider, sorry about the confusion.
Yeah, I figured it was just your skin didn't have repeat circles.
Once again thanks for the mod!
Mechanizen
Hi!

Some flow changes :3

01:16:883 change the combo to 1,2,3 and make a 1,2,3,4 combo with sliders

02:34:920 to 02:43:754 Make notes wander a bit like https://imgur.com/delete/DorZthKy2KXnu8R to make this slow part less static.

04:03:263 this combo should be more like 1,2,3,4,5,6 then the next combo will be 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 (just add the tripple on the following combo)

04:20:472 (12,13,14,15,16) Modifiy the end of the stream to this https://imgur.com/delete/rqvSSzn3UDyJk31 and adjuste the 2 following sliders.

Well these changes are not gigantic but it improves a bit this awesome map. Nothing to say on timing and NC just perfect.
Nice work!
Topic Starter
Cryptic

Mechanizen wrote:

Hi!

Some flow changes :3

01:16:883 change the combo to 1,2,3 and make a 1,2,3,4 combo with sliders
I really don't see too many reasons to do this given the fact that it follows my combo pattern for the entire map.

02:34:920 to 02:43:754 Make notes wander a bit like https://imgur.com/delete/DorZthKy2KXnu8R to make this slow part less static.
I've thought about this one a bit but I'd like some feedback first.

04:03:263 this combo should be more like 1,2,3,4,5,6 then the next combo will be 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 (just add the tripple on the following combo)
Once again, I can understand this aesthetically, but it still follows my combo patterns. I'll think about it though.

04:20:472 (12,13,14,15,16) Modifiy the end of the stream to this https://imgur.com/delete/rqvSSzn3UDyJk31 and adjuste the 2 following sliders.
Good point - didn't do exactly what you said but I did change it.

Well these changes are not gigantic but it improves a bit this awesome map. Nothing to say on timing and NC just perfect.
Nice work!
Thank you very much! I appreciate the critique!
pieguyn
ok, um...

this is my opinion so feel free to ignore if you want. but, this map needs a lot of work, structurally. one thing i can point out immediately is that you should make better use of distance snap. jumps are fine, but spacing every note differently isn't.

00:13:754 (1) - this is 1/2, but it uses the same spacing as the 1/4s before it.
from here, seems you use 1.3x DS. but then 00:15:963 (4,5) is closer without much sense behind it
00:19:460 - from here, seems you use 1.4x DS, but there doesn't seem to be any good reason for this change. then, this one 00:21:668 (3,4,5) is close again.
00:22:404 - from here to 00:25:349 , seems you use 1.3x DS, 1.0x DS, etc. this is not good, it should be the same.

another issue is that most of the jumps that are here seems placed mostly randomly. for example

00:38:601 (1,2) - doesn't seem to fit any pattern, and DS is very large. from here, (3,4,5) is in a triangle, which make sense, but then 00:39:890 (6) doesn't seem to have any reason and the DS is very large again without following anything in the song. yes, there are notes here, but there is nothing really strong that would justify such a large DS.
00:42:282 (3,4,5) - random placement, again. better would be, 00:42:466 (4) at x324 y84, which is more intuitive since it makes the distance the same and also puts it in a line with 00:41:914 (2) . but, again, 00:42:834 (6) seems placed randomly, and while I get placement of 00:43:018 (1) , jump doesn't seem follow anything.
00:45:227 (3,4,5,6) - again, doesn't seem make musical sense. (3,4) is very large and i don't see any reason, then (4,5) is very small.
00:45:963 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - spacing here is very high, i know that you want to emphasize this part, but this really doesn't fit and you don't use such high stream spacing anywhere else in the map. more sensible would be sth like 00:43:018 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) to keep consistency, if you want a stream here.
00:49:460 (3,4) - 1/4 jump here is very large, and then 1/2 at 00:50:012 (5) has _less_ spacing...

and, from here, none of the spacing at all seem to be consistent or follow anything, and the map become very unintuitive as a result. i will not point out everything. it helps a lot to not make every single note a jump, and instead place jumps selectively or in patterns.

others:

00:40:625 (7) - for streams like this, it usually flow better to change direction at downbeat, or a _very_ strong note in the song. for an excellent example, examine Hollow Wings' Genryuu Kaiko and pay close attention to the stream there.
04:40:073 (1,2) - it usually make more sense to c/p + rotate for pattern like this. (there are a lot more where this might apply, this is just the closest one i found to where i was in the editor.)
01:58:847 (9,10,11,12,13) - pattern like this is usually unintuitive. again, bc of the different spacing between 1/6 and 1/4.

so... yeah. sorry i can't be of much help here, but in my opinion, if you wanna push this towards ranked, a lot of work needs to be done to make the spacing/patterns make more sense.

no kds necessary if u don't want to
Topic Starter
Cryptic
Responded to pieguyn's mod in client - remapping certain sections of the map according to previously "maybe'd" mod suggestions and to make the map feel less sporadic.
XII
I'm no modder.

But some timing in the beginning and other parts is a little whack. I can feel that some circles are off rhythm. Might wanna get an experienced modder to do a play through and or keep an eye out for off rhythm when auto playing.

Great song choice, we need more gmtn.

Other than that It's a really fun map and looking forward to see how it turns out.
Topic Starter
Cryptic

IVo one wrote:

I'm no modder.

But some timing in the beginning and other parts is a little whack. I can feel that some circles are off rhythm. Might wanna get an experienced modder to do a play through and or keep an eye out for off rhythm when auto playing.

Other than that It's a really fun map and looking forward to see how it turns out.
Depending on the time you mean, it may be a section I'm currently remapping. I've only remapped a bit under the first minute, but as far as I'm aware nothing is particularly offbeat within that time frame.

Once again though, thanks! I plan on trying to get this ranked, no matter how much time it takes.
XII

CrypticMech wrote:

IVo one wrote:

I'm no modder.

Depending on the time you mean, it may be a section I'm currently remapping. I've only remapped a bit under the first minute, but as far as I'm aware nothing is particularly offbeat within that time frame.

Once again though, thanks! I plan on trying to get this ranked, no matter how much time it takes.
That's awesome. GOod luck :)
Natteke desu
sorry i probably gonna be a bit slow with my mod due to connection problems i suddenly got today, have a star for now, i'll mod it as fast as connection gets better
ok it's better now

[The only one diff]
these normal samples at the beginning sounds out of place because music itself has no strong beats, try soft+normal additions whistles instead
00:12:098 (1) - in case of emphasising strong beats it's wrong but this kind of rhythm will be a lot better
00:37:865 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - well, honestly it would be better to replace them by sliders, it doesn't work as a stream because of bells, i can understand why you did it like that thought, but unfortunately it's wrong because bell part in this moment dominates over everything else here. Applies for every other same moment
00:48:539 (7,8) - when this will work much better as circles, because every sample here is strong
01:00:319 (5,6) - same
01:01:423 (4,5) - you missed pretty needed 1/4s here
01:14:951 (5) - would work much better as circles
01:18:172 (7,1) - well, it soudns odd because of strong and unfortunately unmapped 1/8 beats
01:20:841 (5) - see same point i've mentoined earlier
01:24:061 (7) - same, but in this case it's point about 1/8 stuff
01:39:890 (5) - wow wow you really should map these 1/4s here some kind of sliders will suit nicely
01:41:546 (10) - what about decreasing or increasing sv for this slider? it'll emphasise that sound you have mapped by this slider nicely
01:46:975 (8,9) - didn't really got idea behind increasing spacing here, music is like the same
01:47:436 (11) - really needs something like this
01:51:485 (4) - doesn't work at all. It should be a circle stream from 01:51:484 - to 01:51:852 -
01:52:957 (5) - extend it to the blue tick, 3/4 will help you with emphasising these sounds, also some kind of sv increase could help
01:53:325 (6) - same about 3/4
01:58:755 (8,9) - that spacing thing again
01:59:583 (1,2) - what about using here 1/4 slider with sv increase? It'll go awesome with this clash sound
02:01:791 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - didn't got this stream, i think you better go with sliders like it was done before
02:04:552 (4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - same
well, there is more of same spots in rhythmic what should be reconsidered i won't mention them because gigantic mods never was good to read, just go throught the diff by yourself if you'll find points i mentoined worth changes, i better mod other stuff in this map from this point
02:18:540 (6) - try replace it by 1/4 slider with increased sv 1/8 works bad, moreover, even if you'll decide to leave it as it is you should add one more repeat to make it looking like this
02:21:484 (10,1) - some 1/8 won't hurt anybody
02:55:717 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - wow dude you really should add some more 1/4s here because it sounds weird with unmapped strong beats here
03:22:036 (1) - well, this kiai... It lacks emphasised strong beats, moreover, it's more intensive than the second one, but for a reason i don't know it's a lot easier what is strange
i just throw some points to show what i want, not all of them
03:26:454 (1,2,3,4) - http://puu.sh/lWqmb/c068beb9ab.jpg
03:27:926 (1,2) - http://puu.sh/lWqos/f0975e5855.jpg
03:28:663 (5,6,7,8) - http://puu.sh/lWqqF/cd55c96ba5.jpg or http://puu.sh/lWqsq/46d176009c.jpg
03:56:638 (5,6) - definetly should be mapped as circles

Well, this really needs a lot of work in the current state, but hey, some of your ideas was really interesting and these streams was really nice
Good luck!
Topic Starter
Cryptic

EvilElvis wrote:

sorry i probably gonna be a bit slow with my mod due to connection problems i suddenly got today, have a star for now, i'll mod it as fast as connection gets better
ok it's better now

[The only one diff]
these normal samples at the beginning sounds out of place because music itself has no strong beats, try soft+normal additions whistles instead
00:12:098 (1) - in case of emphasising strong beats it's wrong but this kind of rhythm will be a lot better
00:37:865 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - well, honestly it would be better to replace them by sliders, it doesn't work as a stream because of bells, i can understand why you did it like that thought, but unfortunately it's wrong because bell part in this moment dominates over everything else here. Applies for every other same moment
00:48:539 (7,8) - when this will work much better as circles, because every sample here is strong
01:00:319 (5,6) - same
01:01:423 (4,5) - you missed pretty needed 1/4s here
01:14:951 (5) - would work much better as circles
01:18:172 (7,1) - well, it soudns odd because of strong and unfortunately unmapped 1/8 beats
01:20:841 (5) - see same point i've mentoined earlier
01:24:061 (7) - same, but in this case it's point about 1/8 stuff
01:39:890 (5) - wow wow you really should map these 1/4s here some kind of sliders will suit nicely
01:41:546 (10) - what about decreasing or increasing sv for this slider? it'll emphasise that sound you have mapped by this slider nicely
01:46:975 (8,9) - didn't really got idea behind increasing spacing here, music is like the same
01:47:436 (11) - really needs something like this
01:51:485 (4) - doesn't work at all. It should be a circle stream from 01:51:484 - to 01:51:852 -
01:52:957 (5) - extend it to the blue tick, 3/4 will help you with emphasising these sounds, also some kind of sv increase could help
01:53:325 (6) - same about 3/4
01:58:755 (8,9) - that spacing thing again
01:59:583 (1,2) - what about using here 1/4 slider with sv increase? It'll go awesome with this clash sound
02:01:791 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - didn't got this stream, i think you better go with sliders like it was done before
02:04:552 (4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - same
well, there is more of same spots in rhythmic what should be reconsidered i won't mention them because gigantic mods never was good to read, just go throught the diff by yourself if you'll find points i mentoined worth changes, i better mod other stuff in this map from this point
02:18:540 (6) - try replace it by 1/4 slider with increased sv 1/8 works bad, moreover, even if you'll decide to leave it as it is you should add one more repeat to make it looking like this
02:21:484 (10,1) - some 1/8 won't hurt anybody
02:55:717 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - wow dude you really should add some more 1/4s here because it sounds weird with unmapped strong beats here
03:22:036 (1) - well, this kiai... It lacks emphasised strong beats, moreover, it's more intensive than the second one, but for a reason i don't know it's a lot easier what is strange
i just throw some points to show what i want, not all of them
03:26:454 (1,2,3,4) - http://puu.sh/lWqmb/c068beb9ab.jpg
03:27:926 (1,2) - http://puu.sh/lWqos/f0975e5855.jpg
03:28:663 (5,6,7,8) - http://puu.sh/lWqqF/cd55c96ba5.jpg or http://puu.sh/lWqsq/46d176009c.jpg
03:56:638 (5,6) - definetly should be mapped as circles

Well, this really needs a lot of work in the current state, but hey, some of your ideas was really interesting and these streams was really nice
Good luck!
Thanks, pretty much everything you've mentioned I agree with so I'll be working on fixing that. A lot of these changes I was contemplating/attempting, but you've given me more of a definitive approach. Thanks a lot!
FCL
Sorry for late
  • [gmtn]
  1. 00:23:877 (1) - move it a bit right for bettter blanket
  2. 00:25:350 (1,2,3,4) - if you planning to keep a large spacing between streams (like 00:26:086 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - ) i recommend you increase spacing between sliders since it's looks weird. Easy kick-sliders and Hard stream jumps lol
  3. 00:54:337 (6,2) - try to stack it
  4. 01:11:362 (5) - NC?
  5. 01:11:730 (9) - ^
  6. 01:17:620 (4,5,6,7,1) - move and rotate this sliders like a screenshot for nice straight flow http://puu.sh/lXCmS/83c56ac4a3.jpg
  7. 01:24:061 (7) - try to stack tail with 01:24:521 (4) -
  8. 01:43:755 (5) - nc
  9. 01:44:123 (9) - same
  10. also this streams is not good for rhythm, Jump should be at 01:43:755 (5) - . Same with 01:44:123 (9) - http://puu.sh/lXCxi/c685175f24.jpg
  11. 01:49:644 (5) - nc
  12. 01:50:012 (9) - ^ (overall i think you understand my logic, change NC's at other moments)
  13. 02:06:209 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -looks bad visually. Make something more interesting
  14. 02:46:331 (1) - nc is not necessary
  15. 03:39:153 (6,8) - lol, spacing between this circles look randomly since there is no strong sound
  16. 03:42:098 (5,7) - same, fix other similar moments too
  17. 04:18:723 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - Really looks boring, i know you can do it a more creative
Topic Starter
Cryptic
Packing up to go home from campus, I'll edit this post with a line by line response to all mods to date on the specifics I changed within the next few days.
Yauxo
Sorry for the delay, studying is rough

[Diff]
■ Hitsounds are way too quiet imo.
■ For the beginning part: You probably want to silence the Sliderends for less random sounds while transitioning from Slider to Slider (use Soft instead of Normal). Also, get a blank/silent normal-sliderslide.wav for total silence

■ 00:23:509 (6,7,1) - Maybe you want to move one of the three objects so that there's no straight-line-slowdown* happening there. Might be unpleasant to play
■ 00:30:503 (1,2,3,4) - I'd space this further away from 00:30:318 (4) -
■ In general, you might want to revisit the Kicksliders here. Most of them could be unpleasant to play, since they have tons of speedups/slowdowns when they probably shouldnt. Stuff like ~this~ really kills the flow, as they look like they'd have the same distance, but yet they dont (green okay, fast / red not okay, slow). Stuff like 00:34:184 (1,2,3,4) - is really good on the other hand, as it maintains a constant, fast and fun movement
■ 00:56:270 (1,2) - Taking the previous combos in consideration, I wouldve never guessed 2 this is 1/4 from 1. You might want to ajust it so that it looks like the previous combos
■ 01:05:657 (3,4,5) - I dont know, but this one doesnt feel fun either. The Sliders indicate lots of movement, yet you only have to move a tiny bit to get from head 3 to head 4 to 5 (which is basically nothing)
■ 01:43:387 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - The "major" beat change happens every 4th hit, not every 3rd. This will be very confusing to play.
■ 03:10:902 (4) - Im pretty sure if missed similar like this before, but having a very strong downbeat on a weak Sliderend isnt a nice thing to do. Strong beats should be clickable
■ 03:27:006 (3,4) - comparing to the rest of the map, this feels somewhat dull. There's lots of stuff happening in the music, I think you could add some more stuff.

*Straight-Line-Slowdowns are awkward to play, since you add a lot of speed to your movement to get from point A to point B, yet have to slow down in the same movement to get to point C. This is a boobytrap for snapping errors, since it's easy to over- or undershoot point B or point C.
Moving any point to a different location so that there's either a balanced curve or a snappable angle would fix this. Note that this is only a problem since you have to speed up and slow down so much.
Stupid visual example http://puu.sh/m2BJs/1aa02340ed.jpg

I feel like this mod is somewhat short for what the song is (there are still some inconsistencies and the map could need an aesthetic overhaul on some parts) so I might come back to this later
Topic Starter
Cryptic

Yauxo wrote:

Sorry for the delay, studying is rough

[Diff]
■ Hitsounds are way too quiet imo. I need to do a general hitsound revamp, so I'll do it then.
■ For the beginning part: You probably want to silence the Sliderends for less random sounds while transitioning from Slider to Slider (use Soft instead of Normal). Also, get a blank/silent normal-sliderslide.wav for total silence Changed.

■ 00:23:509 (6,7,1) - Maybe you want to move one of the three objects so that there's no straight-line-slowdown* happening there. Might be unpleasant to play Changed
■ 00:30:503 (1,2,3,4) - I'd space this further away from 00:30:318 (4) - The spacing is consistent throughout all the stream jumps, so I think I'll keep it like it is unless more people tell me to change it.
■ In general, you might want to revisit the Kicksliders here. Most of them could be unpleasant to play, since they have tons of speedups/slowdowns when they probably shouldnt. Stuff like ~this~ really kills the flow, as they look like they'd have the same distance, but yet they dont (green okay, fast / red not okay, slow). Stuff like 00:34:184 (1,2,3,4) - is really good on the other hand, as it maintains a constant, fast and fun movement I'll wait for a bit more playtesting before I change this, but it won't be too hard if I do need to.
■ 00:56:270 (1,2) - Taking the previous combos in consideration, I wouldve never guessed 2 this is 1/4 from 1. You might want to ajust it so that it looks like the previous combos This is kind of where the map changes from "being revamped" to "old map" so thats why. It'll be continuing the previous sections rhyhtm/pattern
■ 01:05:657 (3,4,5) - I dont know, but this one doesnt feel fun either. The Sliders indicate lots of movement, yet you only have to move a tiny bit to get from head 3 to head 4 to 5 (which is basically nothing) Hmm, I see what you mean, cahnged
■ 01:43:387 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - The "major" beat change happens every 4th hit, not every 3rd. This will be very confusing to play. Yeah, I've changed that as well.
■ 03:10:902 (4) - Im pretty sure if missed similar like this before, but having a very strong downbeat on a weak Sliderend isnt a nice thing to do. Strong beats should be clickable Thats the majority of the reason I'm revamping the entire map. Most of the moving swing feel I mapped out relies on sliderends being strong beats, which means I have to rework the rest of the map (which is a slow and boring process).
■ 03:27:006 (3,4) - comparing to the rest of the map, this feels somewhat dull. There's lots of stuff happening in the music, I think you could add some more stuff. I agree, I'll be rhythmically revamping this bit to be more inline with the music.

*Straight-Line-Slowdowns are awkward to play, since you add a lot of speed to your movement to get from point A to point B, yet have to slow down in the same movement to get to point C. This is a boobytrap for snapping errors, since it's easy to over- or undershoot point B or point C.
Moving any point to a different location so that there's either a balanced curve or a snappable angle would fix this. Note that this is only a problem since you have to speed up and slow down so much.
Stupid visual example http://puu.sh/m2BJs/1aa02340ed.jpg

I feel like this mod is somewhat short for what the song is (there are still some inconsistencies and the map could need an aesthetic overhaul on some parts) so I might come back to this later
Thanks for the mod! I appreciate it, and I'll note these comments/critiques going forward with the revamp. Don't feel obligated to do a longer mod if you don't need to, though - as this is taking me long enough as is.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.