forum

Catch the Beat General Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
He Ang CTB
Looool it's not about being #1. #1 doesn't mean can do whatever and be perfect at everything. It just means he/she currently holds the highest amount of pp in the community as of now.

Y'all watched too many motivational speeches and shounen animes that have your sense of realism eroded D:

P.S. Actually being #1 doesn't solve any of the problems I've mentioned, in fact it becomes a whole lot worse when it comes to multiplayer :x Self-explanatory D:
Tokufi
bye
Yuudachi-kun

Tokufi wrote:

bye
Hello
-Sh1n1-

He Ang Erika wrote:

Looool it's not about being #1. #1 doesn't mean can do whatever and be perfect at everything. It just means he/she currently holds the highest amount of pp in the community as of now.

Y'all watched too many motivational speeches and shounen animes that have your sense of realism eroded D:

P.S. Actually being #1 doesn't solve any of the problems I've mentioned, in fact it becomes a whole lot worse when it comes to multiplayer :x Self-explanatory D:
Orz <3
Sunkiss
Yay I'm the 900 post :D
serenity_P
farm ranked scores with mods. Have fun on eating many many bananas. Challenging and interesting. :D
Yuudachi-kun
Bananas taste good and are a healthy snack.
CLSW
He Ang CTB

serenity_P wrote:

farm ranked scores with mods. Have fun on eating many many bananas. Challenging and interesting. :D
I eat bananas everydayyyy :33
autofanboy

CLSW wrote:

nice

my best was 831k only :c
Zak
CLSW please teach me your ways
Kingkevin30

CLSW wrote:

eehm, didn't drestar have 868K already? (can't really remember)
Nekuro

CLSW wrote:

Whoa.
Is that redhead your girlfriend?
Ddraigon

Nekuro wrote:

CLSW wrote:

Whoa.
Is that redhead your girlfriend?
Y E S
Yuudachi-kun
Waifus are girlfriends
iiyo

CLSW wrote:

venlas got 900k l0l
Zak
No he didn't lol
Haarashi
im not even gonna post my score on this endless spinner LOL
Axiaan

CLSW wrote:

Where is mjj741 haha, he will do 1 million for sure. ;w;
Shurelia
1 Million should be impossible for players though.
Time-
Don't understimate mjj's banana catching skill
autofanboy
mjj can catch all
jongwon12

Time- wrote:

Don't overestimate mjj's banana catching skill
He is also human
Yuudachi-kun
No
Zak
This sort of solidifies He Ang's point a couple pages back about what people expect out of high rank players
CLSW
I've never learned how to joke
He Ang CTB

Zak wrote:

This sort of solidifies He Ang's point a couple pages back about what people expect out of high rank players
sad mjj D:
CLSW

Finally I've reached #one_hundreds \:D/
Nekuro

AngelGarden wrote:

Time- wrote:

Don't overestimate mjj's banana catching skill
He is also human

Khelly wrote:

No
Ayy lmao
iiyo
mj

He Ang CTB

CLSW wrote:

Finally I've reached #one_hundreds \:D/
What happened to your top 20 ranking years back D:
Shurelia
Some (or most [?] , Probably not) players didn't have any interest with pp/rank anymore.

They just want to play map with the song that they like or just increasing their score.

inb4 here we go again. . .
iiyo

Shurelia wrote:

Some (or most [?] , Probably not) players didn't have any interest with pp/rank anymore.

They just want to play map with the song that they like or just increasing their score.

PP is ez to get
Zak

Shurelia wrote:

This is actually pretty true, a lot of players (including myself) no longer have any interest in actually getting pp, we just play the maps we enjoy or score farm or something similar as it's a lot less stressful.
He Ang CTB

Zak wrote:

Shurelia wrote:

This is actually pretty true, a lot of players (including myself) no longer have any interest in actually getting pp, we just play the maps we enjoy or score farm or something similar as it's a lot less stressful.
Replay-views farm is by far the most stressful type of farming D: Just a single banana or a droplet can decide whether you'll be getting 10 extra views every month or never get views from that replay forever. You also have to keep tracking your older records to ensure nobody ouspin/outacc your score, otherwise you are not going to have any views from those replays overtaken by others. Even if you get best spin, someone who uses HD with equivilent spin will take #1 while you take #35. When the top 50 is saturated with HD scores, your records get pushed off the top 50 into oblivion. End up you'll frantically retry [Easy] [Normal] diffs for hundreds of times just to get that 1 or 2 nice spins, when replay views gained are not even guaranteed to last, while that amount of time and effort spent can help you get a whole lot better in terms of skill or pp or score or whatever else you want to attain more of :x

TL;DR version: Don't attempt views-farming if:
1. You can't spin
2. You can't easily obtain SS
3. No patience to retry super boring easy songs hundreds of time just to gain 10 points
4. Have other worthwhile things to do
5. Can't play Hidden
6. Has no consistency

D:
autofanboy

He Ang Erika wrote:

Replay-views farm is by far the most stressful type of farming D: Just a single banana or a droplet can decide whether you'll be getting 10 extra views every month or never get views from that replay forever. You also have to keep tracking your older records to ensure nobody ouspin/outacc your score, otherwise you are not going to have any views from those replays overtaken by others. Even if you get best spin, someone who uses HD with equivilent spin will take #1 while you take #35. When the top 50 is saturated with HD scores, your records get pushed off the top 50 into oblivion. End up you'll frantically retry [Easy] [Normal] diffs for hundreds of times just to get that 1 or 2 nice spins, when replay views gained are not even guaranteed to last, while that amount of time and effort spent can help you get a whole lot better in terms of skill or pp or score or whatever else you want to attain more of :x

1. You can't spin
3. No patience to retry super boring easy songs hundreds of time just to gain 10 points
5. Can't play Hidden
6. Has no consistency

D:
tfw I played casually and got like 8k views lmao
Kagari
Unranked / pending maps ftw /o/
Drafura

He Ang Erika wrote:

Zak wrote:

1. You can't spin
5. Can't play Hidden
6. Has no consistency

D:
This is the most borring way to play imo.
iiyo
ppl care about replay views? this is a thing?
ExGon
I'm farming replay-views

sorry
show more