forum

Expand the possible SV multiplier range

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +44
Topic Starter
Irreversible
Hi,

Request: I suggest to be able to increase SV up to x3.0 (respectively x0.1) in order that you don't need to alter the .osu. Sometimes there are spots in a song which need some more emphasis!
Sonnyc
I personally worry abuses, but it will be nice enough if there are no restrictions since RC support it.
Stefan

Sonnyc wrote:

I personally worry abuses, but it will be nice enough if there are no restrictions since RC support it.
That's the time when QAT tells people to not doing this and that, to prevent some dumb things.

I support this, sounds legit enough! o/
Bara-
Yes
Just as 0.1-10.0 exists in mania, and 0.1-4.0 in Taiko

And as SV changes are rankable atm, even if they are out of the "limit", this is a great idea! :D
dung eater
much support, would like there it to be a larger range if at all possible

having the range be set in .cfg would be good to restraint people who just stumble upon the editor
abraker
I'm ok with this
Kibbleru
change the title to

'expand the possible sv multiplier range'
Ameth Rianno
I'm going to make fast slider as much as i like,

Absolutely support.
Yauxo
Agreeing, would be a good change, as .osu modified SVs are fine already, so why not allow them in the client.
If people abuse it, popping/DQing is still a thing. Might as well add a Guideline to preferably use x.x to y.y.
Mao
That would just make sense.
Topic Starter
Irreversible

Kibbleru wrote:

change the title to

'expand the possible sv multiplier range'
Thanks!
Hula
IDK man. I'm also worried like Sonnyc that slider velocities will get abused even more, it obviously makes sense to increase the SV range cos it's rankable, but imagine the people shitmapping the wub wub maps :(
Underforest
Support this idea :)
Sea_Food
This idea would be good.

Too bad we live in a world where BATs and QATs allow maps that change SV literally every second. Untill that problem gets fixed, I would much rather have SV range locked to X1

NO SUPPORT
Bara-
What?
I don't allow that
Okay, only in Wubwubwub maps
blissfulyoshi
I don't think anyone has unranked over this yet. Plus, osu! already supports up to 10x sv multiplier (going higher will make your slider just act as a 10x). I see no reason why not to add this natively. If people wanted to abuse it, they could have already did it manually.
abraker

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I don't think anyone has unranked over this yet. Plus, osu! already supports up to 10x sv multiplier (going higher will make your slider just act as a 10x). I see no reason why not to add this natively. If people wanted to abuse it, they could have already did it manually.
Jeez, why make it harder to map with something when you can remove it all together? No modern ranked map will allow the abuse of such. Let people abuse it till they are satisfied with their obsession over it, however it makes it harder for mappers who don't abuse it to use it where it makes sense.
Endaris
I agree, potential abuse is no reason to make the proper and reasonable use of SV-changes hard to apply.
Higher accessibility to these tools might also fuel the progress of newer mappers that have more possibilities to experiment that way.
Topic Starter
Irreversible
Well it already is done but it's just more convenient if added.
Monstrata
You could convert to Taiko for these SV's, before converting back to standard, which won't require having to edit the .osu. But i guess implementing this is nice too. There are some "limits" that the current editor seems to impose, that experienced mappers find unnecessary. SV being one of them. I also wish the "1/16 is not recommended etc..." message could be removed cuz I see it literally every time i try to make a blanket xdd.
-Atri-
My unsubmitted maps in a nutshell.
nya10
I'd support this for easier access to changing SV in editor, instead of opening .osu file to change it.

I don't think there's any reason not to implement this