forum

More privileges for room creator in multiplayer

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +618
show more
Srbija
+1, very nice idea :)
Nathanael

Drace wrote:

I think it'd be much simpler and convenient if the host stays as it is, and works as it is now.

Instead, they should introduce a new tag for the person choosing the song. Like the host has a crown, the song selector will have like the osu cookie, or a music note. So when you right-click someone, you'll have "transfer host privileges" and "transfer song privileges".

The song selector can transfer his or her songs privileges and the host can choose the songs selector at any time.

Seems much less roundabout then creating a creator tag with more power than host, just my 2 cent
That's better than making more things difficult that you're focused at the room creator.
Any user can always create another room or just ask the current host of the room to return to him/her the privileges.
Yellowpalmtree

kriers wrote:

A multiplayer room should include 2 roles:

1. A host who has all rights over his room (can also be transfered to other players)
2. A map selecting privilege to be handed out between other players (works like current host, but without the rights of kicking players/locking slots)

+ the possibility for the host to take back that privilege for himself if needed.

I mentioned 3rd point with something like this in mind.
this ^
Onisakura
Support too :)
Jafem
wow sounds really great. I will vote for this
Oktawia
Support.

Axel wrote:

We should be able to right click somebody and pick the option saying "Let user Change song"

but the game mode and all that isn't changeable
I totally agree!
Yukiteru Amano
Support :)
CroAs
Or maybe host should just be able to give the authority of change songs to other players while holding host privileges
Rio-
Haven't played Multi that much.... But I kinda support this~
- m i r a i
I like your Idea :-)
Renske_old
This would be great for when someone gives the host to the wrong person and they perform a troll.
Of course it'd be nice if the creator can't be kicked aswell.
Aposke
I've been waiting for this ever since I started playing in MP.
Definitely needed.
Hula
Revive. This would make MP funner, and stop afk hosts from killing rooms.
Dhoe25
I read through a few pages but didn't see the main suggestion I had that brought about the bumping of this thread. If its already been suggested and I missed it, sorry.

p/4650105#p4650105

"2) Set map difficulty. Can't go over or under a certain amount of stars. This could also be used to sort through the MP lobby to find a room with a suitable difficulty for you. The master host could change it at will."

I'd love to go into MP and sort rooms by star difficulty. It can be VERY difficult to find a room with just the right rating with the way the system is currently and even if you do, that can change quickly. This would help.
CyberPoutine
me want
Orion

Wishy wrote:

1- Makes sense.
2- This is meh, don't give host to "ppp4284717848" and you won't have any problem.

Only supporting 1-.
In the example of host rotation lobbies sometimes a player goes afk without saying anything and the lobby is stuck because you can't change the host.
Orion

jabberwockey wrote:

Arnold0 wrote:

Support too ;)

I think it's better if they can't be transfered, and the room don't close if he leaves (Like this it the creator of the room have an internet crash he can come again in his room when reconnected)
That's a good point too... so I guess everyone agrees the room doesn't disappear when the creator leaves . u .
I see this causing a lot of congestion with tons of rooms being open. If you leave your room the lobby owner privileges should be transferred to whoever is in the top most slot (like it currently does)
-ryusakihatsue-
this would help A LOT when you accidentally pass host to someone who is AFK
Jenner380
This is a great idea!
Im tired of all the jerks that are hijacking peoples rooms :<
Senia-
Definitely needed, +1!
Asda Meal Deal
s u p p o r t e d
toxicbullets10
why isnt this a thing already???
Gravelight
No words can describe how happy this would make me.. :) +Support
Animax
That would be a nice idea. Maybe with channel ranks like teamspeak.
colepull
8-)

Wishy wrote:

1- Makes sense.
2- This is meh, don't give host to "ppp4284717848" and you won't have any problem.

Only supporting 1-.
Dialect
sorry for necroing but

YES, we definitely need more privileges for multilobby. here are a list of problems i'll list out, and if you guys have any, i'll add to the list:

1. creator can get kicked out of their own multilobby
2. host can hog host in a HOST ROTATE lobby
3. host can be afk for long periods of time
4. someone chooses ultra beginner miiro in a 3 - 5* hr lobby, but right after, next host chooses 7* honesty. i feel like creator should set a limit on what the sr is.
5. my personal, but maybe have an option to turn off score multipliers when playing with mods. i know it'll be unfair, but i play with ez in lobbies sometimes and i'm not on the top because score multipliers.
6. creator can't take host back
7. creator should be able to turn off force start. i like to be nice and allow people to download their maps.
8. please have an option to hide chat in lobby
9. increase from 16 to 20 because i never got why 16 out of all numbers was chosen