forum

Gamemode: osu!DIVA

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lach
I made a chart. It plays like a normal but it's technically a hard since it includes triangle, so I marked it as hard anyway.

DJ NAGAI feat. a☆ru - 紅牡丹 (Benibotan)

Also something I experienced while using the storyboard generator is that it uses the romanized artist field to generate the new file names, but if that name contains something that windows cannot use in file paths (such as the asterisk I used in place of ☆) it does not generate. The workaround was obviously to just rename it but perhaps in a future version you can have it omit those characters the same way osu! does with file path.
Supairo

Lach wrote:

You can take a new spin on licensed songs but don't recreate official charts.
Yeah, creating maps from scratch is way more fun.

IamBaum wrote:

Great Map Koopa, i also really like your storyboard Additions but i encounterd some problems.

Using Skin Sprites and Beatmap Sprites seem to work in the Editor and Cinema mode, but they don't work for normal plays, i guess it's an osu related bug, i'm discussing it atm and will look further into it.
Furthermore there is another problem, you used your Background Images also as a storyboard Sprite, this will cause this Element to turn pitch Black while normal playing, you need to copy and paste it, and use the 2nd Version as the sprite Element.

koopa712 wrote:

I think I'm the only one yet who used the manual placement. Works without any problem, except every note comes from the left only (automatic make them come from both directions). I don't know if it's intentional or not. You can see below. The arrow on the top is the direction we follow. The arrow on the bottom is the direction where the icon is going.
Yes that is a bug and not intended thanks for reporting i didn't notice it yet, i will try to fixx that soon. And i still have to think about the Movement trails below the hit objects. I can't remember if there was an implementation reason for this, if not then i will also fixx that.

Btw regarding your SB Elements, it'd be a shame to waste them due to this problem. Did you have any plans to make a custom skin for osu!DIVA? Otherwise i'd like to use them for the current Diva skin, i like them more than my own Sprites ^^
I Mean the Sprites in the Overlay folder and the Final Note and Succes Images, i will still offer the current ones as an seperate download for the ppl who want to keep them.
Okay, where to begin...

First off, I deleted my map and redownloaded it, I didn't have any problems, it works fine during gameplay. And the BG didn't dissapear.
I don't know what went wrong here... If it helps, I used osu!b20150917cuttingedge (latest at the moment of this post). If someone else have this bug (or not), please report it!

Secondly, I knew it was a bug!

Thirdly, I didn't have any plans for a osu!DIVA skin, but since I started, might as well finish it! However, I added one thing that wasn't there before: the song title. I don't know if it can be handled. If not, I'll put back the osu!DIVA logo there. Also, I merged the Score and Time to the UI, separate sprites seems unnecessary since it's at the same place in every map.

Fourthly, the "Final Note" is something that I created based on Arcade Future Tone. I don't know how it works, but I suppose that you hit them, and the Chance Time event from a PD F/F 2nd song plays. I decided that to trigger the event you must get a COOL on that note. Anything below (Fine, Safe and Sad) won't trigger it. If done correctly, Success appears and the bonus event will play. I prefer to use that on storyboarded maps since, well... changing a video is kinda impossible. If there is no special storyboard event then it's better to not use this. I will still do them all if you see another use for these rainbow markers... or not.
Fraux
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Alright i added the following Maps to the Thread:

DJ NAGAI feat. aru - Benibotan
Hard
Benibotan

Kawada Mami - Wings of Courage -Sora o Koete-
Hard
Nekonoid-

@Koopa
I also tried it in the Cutting Edge Beta and stable Version now, it just worked a single time in the cutting Edge and i don't know which condition i met there that changed later, but i couldn't get it to work afterwards.
I also asked a 3rd Person and he had the same problem as me, so would you prefer to reupload it or shall i still add it and just add a "Play it in the Editor" Advice next to it?

Further to the "Final Note" thing, i won't be able to add a bous Section after clicking it, but i would be able to add the "Success!" Image automatically afterwards, like you did it. I think that would also be worth to add, but it's also up to you, if you think that is worth the work :)

Ahh and about the Song Title, it will probably not work if that "Skin and beatmap sprite behaviour" problem persists.

@Lach yep that's an issue i wanna fixx in the future.
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Version 2.1 Added: This was just a bugfixx, the notes direction should no longer always come from the same direction for Manuel Note placement.
edwardyoyo
nevre play this before yet gonna try it, this is awesome :D
Fraux
Another map...
Silent Siren - Stella
Topic Starter
IamBaum

Nekonoid- wrote:

Another map...
Silent Siren - Stella
Map added :)
caf212
I hope this mode become official mode
It is awesome mode!!!
Topic Starter
IamBaum
2 More Maps added, both made by Feerum.

Ayane - GO Love&Peace
Normal
Feerum

nao - kirihirake Roleplay Star Girl
Hard
Feerum

Further regarding the discussion regarding Koopas map with the Skin and Beatmap storyboard Elements: The problem that the Beatmap Sprites Vanish only occurs, if you have the Option "Ignore all Beatmap Skin's" enabled. I guess this is an unintended behaviour, cause this Option shouldn't have any effect if you use the Beatmap's skin anyway. This fact has been detected by Damnae.
ViniPvP
Amazing /-\ Sugoi!!
Lobsterr
i got a feeling that this mode is hard
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Added the Song:

Shota Kageyama - Title Screen
Download without extra SB
Hard
koopa712

Updated Known issues and Planned Features.
Tonnie123
I love this, hope it will be made an official mode in osu ^^
[-NekoZana-]
lol project diva here in osu, really interesting see other mode here :D
nice job =w=
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
HarddS
Yay, i really like project diva games :x This is perfect for me, i dont have console c:
Great Work
Avratzzz
This is so awesome i hope that awesome project will be more developped
Good luck for the rest ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
-Atri-
i made one

yuikonnu - Hoshitachi no Melody

I don't know how to separate them into diffs, so i include my stadard diffs here
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Alright i added your Map to the thread :)

yuikonnu - Hoshitachi no Melody
Extreme
KuranteMelodii

The easiest way to seperate them, would be deleting the other Diffs, but well i don't think the std diffs would bother any1. :)
SupraKyun
Is this mode still alive? :O
Yavi_old_1
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Yep this thread has been kinda dead lately and i've also stopped working on it in the past weeks, but this won't get abandoned yet.
Yavi will also release someday something himself for this Project and i will (hopefully) also resume my work here soon.

But i will always maintain this thread, like fixxing bugs (if you find anything), adding Songs to the Thread etc.

Oh and another Problem has already been fixxed by Damnae, we had a discussion here that there had been some problems with "ignore all Beatmap Skins" in some cases. I was waiting for it to get into the stable before posting it here, i guess i missed the moment when it happend xD
Anyway thx Damnae.
Swamp34
This mode looks so cool! Can't wait to try.
Killerbyte
I just took a look at it, this work is amazing. This deserves to be much more popular than it is at the moment! Keep up the good work and it might catch the rest of Project DIVA fanbase on Osu!

Edit: I've also spotted a problem but that can be blamed on the osu!mania key layouts in which you basicly cannot alternate and use the keys on the other side like you would in Project DIVA, it's kind of hard to play extreme maps with it xD.
KenZ
hmmm. since able to custom storyboard to play so...............

what about storyboard like this ? would be ..... nice....?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kGi9LE21dU
Topic Starter
IamBaum

Zenonia wrote:

Yes maps like that are Possible, but it's really time consuming and difficult to do so. :)
KenZ

IamBaum wrote:

Zenonia wrote:

Yes maps like that are Possible, but it's really time consuming and difficult to do so. :)
really? wtf 8-)
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Hi there, this thread has already become half dead, i don't think i will continue to add any more Additions anytime soon.
I always planned to clean up the source code and update/complete/improve the documentation to release the source code with a good feeling but well... because i didn't really find any time/motivation to do that in the past months i will just release it, like it is now :)

https://github.com/IamBaum/osu-DIVA-Code

I don't even know if there are any interested people to see the code at all, but i thought i will release it anyway, maybe there will be programmers who plan similiar game mode Projecets and this might help them slightly.
I know... about 2600 Lines of Code aren't easy to study, especially without a proper documentation and i'm also just a novice, so my coding is probably really dirty :D
But well... have fun with that and feel free to ask me any questions about the Source Code, i'll try to answer it all.

You are also free to use any code parts for your own projects.
Necturion
This is pretty much what I wanted in osu! all the time.!
Yavi_old_1

IamBaum wrote:

Hi there, this thread has already become half dead, i don't think i will continue to add any more Additions anytime soon.
I always planned to clean up the source code and update/complete/improve the documentation to release the source code with a good feeling but well... because i didn't really find any time/motivation to do that in the past months i will just release it, like it is now :)

https://github.com/IamBaum/osu-DIVA-Code
Baum... THANK YOU so much, and for all the help and funny times until it was playable :D
~ Don't worry i started helping and won't let this amazing work just to die so easy ^_^

Just wanted to notice you about it and again thank you for your helping to actually give people an idea, how it actually can work and motivate them to continue this (again) AMAZING Project <3
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Thanks for your kind words, also ty for your help during the development yavi, it was a great motivation for me. :)
mustafa9632
Please give project diva extended songs :(
NeonOsu64
is it for osu stable or osu lazer?
Aerath
It's for Stable.

Lazer wasn't really a thing back then. But stable storyboards are expected to be eventually compatible with Lazer.
Topic Starter
IamBaum

NeonOsu64 wrote:

is it for osu stable or osu lazer?
This has been created 2-3 years ago, before lazer existed and to be honest, i don't know if it will work flawlessly with Lazer, i never tried it :D

But as Aerath44 said, they are expected to be compatible so i hope it will work :)
pawpatrolosu
How to make beatmaps with Project diva Story board beatmaps?
eightbitgiraffe
Is there a version or something like this for osu!lazer and macOS? (Catalina) I wanna play Diva on my mac with my PS4 controller.
Topic Starter
IamBaum

pawpatrolosu wrote:

How to make beatmaps with Project diva Story board beatmaps?
There is a short tutorial regarding the beatmap creation in the first thread post.
I never really got to create an in Depth tutorial, but feel free to contact me if you have trouble with the creation.

GiraffeMan3125 wrote:

Is there a version or something like this for osu!lazer and macOS? (Catalina) I wanna play Diva on my mac with my PS4 controller.
Did you try this mode for osu!lazer and found compatibility issues?
I think it should be compatible because the visuals are generated storyboard elements and the skin deletes the original note skin sprites. As long as you can see storyboards and own a diva compatible skin, you should be fine.

But if you experience issues, then i don't mind taking a look into this and find a solution to fix it.
Kyrokotei

Yavi_old_1 wrote:

I discontinued my help on this project because of several things: ~ Edited around new year
> Osu never runs for mac until i finally after (stupid spendet 6+ months or troubleshooting and bugfixing a Wine client to actually make it at least 60% playable)
... so you try and try daily to fix issues but lose completely the fun playing, have problems in your RL could not play on the MWC as you dreamed and other "nice" things >_>)
found bevor some days, a way to finally capture and stabilise the framerate - wich is here written :)
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/56460/start=1245p=4962330 ~ it workes on Yosemite but try it on El Captain, maybe it works maybe not...

> So the main reason was really to trying to help on a project where you barely can test anything and it made just so much stress and rly no fun after time
> Osu's engine is pretty closed, so Baum really had trouble finding a pretty nice solution to actually make it somehow to work (but you was still limited to 8 actions) ~ so there where no double key alternating like in the original Project Diva and also no Combo stars or other neat features >_<
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

So i have to tell a big apologize to all of you waiting and helping here out as much as they can, but for me it makes no sense staying longer in Osu generally
~ well i will come some time online but i woun't stay here for long >.<

But don't worry, my love to Project Diva and VRSGs wount die so i switched to Malody,
And will give my best to make a full ported GameMode with some other Mapping Helping tools < 3

https://twitter.com/ppy/status/1016907183370334208 xx
show more