forum

Bob Ross Appreciation post

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Red
Show love to Bob Ros(u)
abraker
I hear he gets 550pp for every brush stroke.
Rilene

abraker wrote:

I hear he gets 550pp for every brush stroke.
Bweh
He was alright. As a painter he was nothing impressive or outstanding. He had got years of experience under his belt and it shows, but as far as technical and compositional aspects go, he's not really much to look up to.

The only thing I can say he really had going was the fact that he was one of the few people to make art an accessible activity. Pretty much every artist in his time and maybe even today would tell you art is something you must dedicate your life to. Not Bob, though. It would take some work, but you could make it fun and simple, and that was okay. Because sometimes it's fine to paint clouds for the sake of painting clouds and nothing else. Not because you have something to prove or because you want to harp on memes.

He was a pretty cool guy.
Rilene

Brian OA wrote:

He was alright. As a painter he was nothing impressive or outstanding. He had got years of experience under his belt and it shows, but as far as technical and compositional aspects go, he's not really much to look up to.

The only thing I can say he really had going was the fact that he was one of the few people to make art an accessible activity. Pretty much every artist in his time and maybe even today would tell you art is something you must dedicate your life to. Not Bob, though. It would take some work, but you could make it fun and simple, and that was okay. Because sometimes it's fine to paint clouds for the sake of painting clouds and nothing else. Not because you have something to prove or because you want to harp on memes.

He was a pretty cool guy.
That is so touching.
BigEarsMau
His voice is so soothing he gave me ASMR
meteor22
god bless him
Endie-
God bless
Jarvis
Just a reminder for all Osu! players

SpringVine
You look away for 10 seconds, and after that you immediatly see that he already had painted some happy little trees
AcademyAhri
the meme lives on lol
My AngeI Amogus
Bob had 700pp score back in 1989, what a legend!
Shinri Gakusha

Jarvis wrote:

This :D omg
IamBaum
I was never really interested in Art, but when i've seen one of his painting Vids... i just couldn't stop watching it for hours :D
JOEMOMO

Jarvis wrote:

Just a reminder for all Osu! players

:)
ZenoDiac
If Bob Ross didn't have an afro, would he still be cool?
Kappa FrankerZ