forum

[All Modes] QA / OCT IV American Invitational

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Are you ready to test your skills against your region and eventually, against the world? You've come to the right place!

Introduction

Hi there! I'm Ascendance. Previously, I've hosted 7 Tournaments on osu! 6 for osu! Standard, 1 recently for Catch the Beat, and I did some behind the scenes work for the more recent osu! All-Star event. Recently, I've joined forces with the team at Quad Aces to bring a new stage of osu! that is hopefully more successful than the more previous attempts. I plan to bring regional competition into the spotlight, hopefully to advance talent for our own teams and for these top players to compete globally at the end of the year for even bigger prizes. If you are a competitive player who looks to prove themselves among the best in the world, now is your chance! Please be reminded that this is strictly a 1v1 Tournament.

You can find all information here starting this Sunday!

Where Can I Sign Up?

Signups are now closed for this tournament.

Tournament Dates

Registration Period: Closed
Tournament starts: Season 1 Winter Qualifier QA/OCT IV: December 5 - December 20
Individual match times: To be determined

These tournament matches will occur between 2:00 PM and 10:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. If you are unable to make these times, please feel free to message me and I will be more than happy to do my best to accommodate your time. If you cannot play during specific times, this is also important information to tell me :)

Another friendly reminder that we WILL notify you if you are in the tournament, via a PM on the osu! website. Also, if you are a prospective participant, we request that you either turn off the "no PMs except from friends" option if you have it toggled on, or add one of us so we can keep in contact with you =)

Rules

Qualification Rules

Any team with players rank 1-2500 have priority in joining qualifiers. Everything else is randomly selected.

- You can join this league if you are from North / Central / South America or any Islands within the vicinity of these places. If you need further help in wondering if your specific country is eligible for the America league, please contact me.

- You must not can be currently living in somewhere other than where your profile flag lists you as, as long as you are living in the Americas currently.

- You must be an active player and you must have the days and time available for the specific mode you sign up for. Any form of inactivity or significant decay to purposely drop your ranking will disqualify you.

- You must be at least rank 60,000 to sign up.

- Players from other regions can be invited by tournament staff upon our own choice.

Participation Rules

- You must be on at least 30 minutes before your scheduled game time. This lets us know if there is a potential forfeit or not, and it also lets us know if we can play some games earlier.

Match Results

Round of 64
  1. Smoothie World vs. Num5119 (3-1) : https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/20572078
Round of 32
  1. Smoothie World vs. Firstus (1-3) : https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/20572919

To everyone:
Thank you for all the support given over the past few months <3 Hopefully I can make this the greatest tournament osu! has to offer!
Num5119
Seems like a lot of fun :)
Minhtam
Damn, a USA open? I don't know if I'm ready for this skill-level wise.
Roxy Lalonde
finally a tournament i can get into

dis gonna be great
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Minhtam wrote:

Damn, a USA open? I don't know if I'm ready for this skill-level wise.
Join anyways! There's always a chance to qualify :) Even if you don't expect to perform well, join for the experience as well as for fun!
Comfy-Kun
Since this is All modes, I have a specific question for Mania. I am almost exclusively a 4 Key player. Will there be separate brackets for 4keys and 7keys?
Elessey

Comfy-Kun wrote:

Since this is All modes, I have a specific question for Mania. I am almost exclusively a 4 Key player. Will there be separate brackets for 4keys and 7keys?
Yes since some players like you only play 4k.
Pandas
Seems like a fun tournament :)
Roxy Lalonde

Ascendance wrote:

Please be reminded that this is strictly a 1v1 Tournament.

Group Stage Rules
so how does this work again?
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Roxy Lalonde wrote:

Ascendance wrote:

Please be reminded that this is strictly a 1v1 Tournament.

Group Stage Rules
so how does this work again?
Sorry, copypasted lol. Deleted group stage thing
jabronski
here we go again
Topic Starter
Ascendance

blizzardice wrote:

here we go again
I welcome you back with open arms :)
SmoreJoy

Ascendance wrote:

Any players rank 1-2500 have priority in joining qualifiers. Everything else is randomly selected.
I submitted my form at rank #2980, but now i'm rank #2370. Are you guys using the rank we submit in the form, or the current rank at the time of the player selection?
Topic Starter
Ascendance

WEIRD FACE wrote:

Ascendance wrote:

Any players rank 1-2500 have priority in joining qualifiers. Everything else is randomly selected.
I submitted my form at rank #2980, but now i'm rank #2370. Are you guys using the rank we submit in the form, or the current rank at the time of the player selection?
We run first scans when you first sign up, just to make sure you don't have a ridiculously low playcount (like 100 or something), if you've been silenced for something serious like multiaccounting, and also if you aren't lying on the signup form. 1 week before the start of the qualifier, we will re-check all ranks of those players we have verified as acceptable for the tournament, and your position will be based on the rank you have by then.
SmoreJoy

Ascendance wrote:

WEIRD FACE wrote:

We run first scans when you first sign up, just to make sure you don't have a ridiculously low playcount (like 100 or something), if you've been silenced for something serious like multiaccounting, and also if you aren't lying on the signup form. 1 week before the start of the qualifier, we will re-check all ranks of those players we have verified as acceptable for the tournament, and your position will be based on the rank you have by then.

Sweet, sounds good.
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Hi there, to everyone that's signed up for the osu!Standard portion of the tournament. It is highly likely we will be switching the format from 1v1 to 4v4, due to the amount of signups we've received across the regions so far. I'll be changing signups as the day goes on so you can submit your team. Thanks for your understanding~
jabronski
L>PQ have lvl 20 teleport@@@@@
Roxy Lalonde

Ascendance wrote:

Hi there, to everyone that's signed up for the osu!Standard portion of the tournament. It is highly likely we will be switching the format from 1v1 to 4v4, due to the amount of signups we've received across the regions so far. I'll be changing signups as the day goes on so you can submit your team. Thanks for your understanding~
The Winter qualifiers are coming very soon and I still haven't seen the osu!Standard team signup. Will there be extra time to get sorted together? It takes a bit more time to set up a team than to just apply solo.
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Roxy Lalonde wrote:

Ascendance wrote:

The Winter qualifiers are coming very soon and I still haven't seen the osu!Standard team signup. Will there be extra time to get sorted together? It takes a bit more time to set up a team than to just apply solo.
Yep, the reason it isn't up yet is to align it with the other regions so I'll be waiting for them. The date will be moved back 1-2 weeks so dont worry :)
Topic Starter
Ascendance
I've changed the signup sheet for all osu standard players. We will be giving more time to get your teams together, so take your time to create the best team you can!
Miko
Looking for a team near my rank.
Eizy_old
Looking for a team! :D
Adiopulse
2.5k rank mania playa. Add me on your team. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Adiopulse wrote:

2.5k rank mania playa. Add me on your team. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
No need! Non-standard players will continue their 1v1 format. osu!standard will be 4v4
Topic Starter
Ascendance
After some small confusion and lots of discussion, we've decided to keep the format at 1v1 and release the map pools and schedule this sunday. We will also be allowing some players from other regions in since their regions were canceled. I'm sorry for all the confusion this has caused, but everything will proceed as planned now !
Roxy Lalonde

Ascendance wrote:

After some small confusion and lots of discussion, we've decided to keep the format at 1v1 and release the map pools and schedule this sunday. We will also be allowing some players from other regions in since their regions were canceled. I'm sorry for all the confusion this has caused, but everything will proceed as planned now !
geegus fuck

i was scrambling to get up a team and then im scramblin again for map pool and prep for sunday

im ready though

edit: i also noticed

it says november 28
is that uhh up to date?
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Roxy Lalonde wrote:

Ascendance wrote:

geegus fuck

i was scrambling to get up a team and then im scramblin again for map pool and prep for sunday

im ready though

it says november 28
is that uhh up to date?
Yup, map pool and bracket released sunday, 1 week to practice. 2 rounds each weeks makes it 3 weeks of tournament action. PS all seeds were randomized for the most fair outcomes.
the_robot

Roxy Lalonde wrote:

it says november 28
is that uhh up to date?
Um...yeah that's Thanksgiving weekend. There's probably going to be a good percentage of Americans traveling back during those days...
Topic Starter
Ascendance

the_robot wrote:

Roxy Lalonde wrote:

it says november 28
is that uhh up to date?
Um...yeah that's Thanksgiving weekend. There's probably going to be a good percentage of Americans traveling back during those days...
True, thanksgiving is thursday so I assumed they'd be back but you may be right. I'll push it back by 1 more week, I just don't want to cut into christmas

edit: Changed to december 5 - 20
show more