forum

am I bad :(?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
heavensdown
Hello osu community!

I'm fairly new here and I'm not sure if i'm posting this in the right section, but here goes anyway :o

I've played osu! for less than two months now and I cant seem to be able to pass any insane maps. Iv'e been stuck on Hard for a month now, where I get A
s and S's mostly (except for "Bad Apple", that's impossibru). I have around 2k plays so far. Is this normal or am I just bad? and also, any tips on how I could improve from this point?

Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Raghav
Gigo
Yes, you are bad. You already have close to 2000 playcount, which means you should at least have 346 pp, but you only have 345. At your playcount, I even had 347 pp. I suggest quitting, since this game is clearly not for you. Maybe try Tetris?
Risa
Rate of improvement is not the same as potential.
Someone currently improving faster than u is not guaranteed that they can keep up that rate of improvement anyways.

And play whatever is fun.

Also if someone ever mocks u for ur playcount that person is 101% autistic.
Lapoozza
You can always use NF to play something which is a bit harder. That way you will have a fair understanding of the choke points and maybe work on them.

And all things aside, you are doing really great. Keep up the good work.

Edit 1: On a side note, don't use mods on maps right away. Using mods at this range will really inflate the PP value of the maps and they will over weighted so much that it will look like you are not getting PP at all. It took me nearly 40 days to beat my top play which was with all the four mods on this map
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/57280?m=0
Endaris

Gigo wrote:

Yes, you are bad. You already have close to 2000 playcount, which means you should at least have 346 pp, but you only have 345. At your playcount, I even had 347 pp. I suggest quitting, since this game is clearly not for you. Maybe try Tetris?
He has 347pp he's gud now. :o

Notice that star rating is not completely accurate as it only calculates physical difficulty. Some hard maps may be harder for you due to including gameplay-elements you're not used to or characteristics you aren't got at yet.

Another tip I can give - completely unrelated to pp - is to not play too much HR at your level. HR reduces the objectdensity on the map by a decent chunk and it is proven by science Easy-Mod that people tend to have problems with high object density. While this isn't a problem at the start, you will be unable to use HR for the same effect later on due to either being unable to read AR9.8/10 which is common, pls don't waste thousands of playcounts to learn it, it comes naturally from playing much AR9 in the end or the AR not increasing as much as it is capped to 10 and be left helpless with so many objects that you can't read it for shit.
Mahogany
I don't like to use the word "Bad", I'd rather say "Inexperienced"

Your top plays seem fairly reasonable. You should judge difficulty based on star ratings rather than on difficulty names. And I'd advise you play more Hard maps to get Full Combos on them with good acc.

Your current top play is 3.29*, so I think you should play more songs around that difficulty and slowly work your way up to 3.40, 3.50, 3.60...and you'll be playing Insanes in no time.

Playcount isn't a very relevant statistic on it's own, so don't worry about it.
Gigo

Endaris wrote:

He has 347pp he's gud now. :o
Yeah, it seems like I spoke too soon. :oops: I'm calling him the next osu prodigy. Watch out world, here comes heavensdown! :D

Mahogany wrote:

I don't like to use the word "Bad", I'd rather say "Inexperienced"
Both words have different meanings though. For example, I can say that I am experienced, but I am still bad. ;)
ZenithPhantasm
Next loppy? 8-)
markii
You're already questioning yourself after only clicking on 250k circles? Why does it even matter if you're good or bad this isn't league you won't make money and get girls for being top tier this game is as for fun as it can be because literally no one in real life will care for more than 20 seconds after they see you play something crazy. I don't mean to sound negative, but really, you have an incredibly long way to go and this is not even close to the time of wondering if you are improving effeciently enough when you haven't even learned the fundamental skills for the game.

If you want to get better stop trying to get better and just do it >_> ...even if you're good, then what? and further more what if you're bad?

Also I wanna say total hits>playcount

playcount can be skewed with resets, and total hits can't, it can still be skewed because afaik ranked plays don't count, but w/e it's one less variable than PC
Roxy Lalonde
you see

im good

if you're chill with me, i'm chill with ya

if you're good with me, i'm good with ya

i can't speak for anyone else though

have fun pal
deletemyaccount
Yes.

but so am I :^)
GoldenWolf
Everyone is, just play more and eventually you'll be less bad.
Evanlet
You naughty naughty boy
buny

GoldenWolf wrote:

play more and eventually you'll be less bad.
I still await the day
-Makishima S-
Please enjoy game.
Pituophis
Only if it
SuzumiyaBR
Only enjoy game.

Relax
PP and Rank is nothing