osu! World Cup 2015 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Frc

Izen x wrote:

Nwolf wrote:

someone who is in top 1000 is also in top 2000, it's not 2+5
You're right, I didnt think about that, I'm sorry. nut there's still the lowest rank error, waaiiru wasnt 34X when he registered, it's like they didnt count with him.

They clearly didn't count on him, even if him being the best player on our country.
Unforgiven

Loctav wrote:

And now guess why
I can hardly guess something like that with my lack of information, but I haven't seen a single serious fault (100-200h) in his profile this year.
adrilolo9

Loctav wrote:

And now guess why
I'm fixing your formulas now.
This are Spain's stats.

Topic Starter
Loctav
There is nothing to fix. Everyone who passed the registration conditions were included into the calculations correctly. They either did not sign up or they violated the rules. In the latter case, make them contact tournaments@ppy.sh and call it a day.
Frc

Loctav wrote:

There is nothing to fix. Everyone who passed the registration conditions were included into the calculations correctly. They either did not sign up or they violated the rules. In the latter case, make them contact tournaments@ppy.sh and call it a day.

waaiiru signed up and didn't broke any rules. He isn't counted in.
Topic Starter
Loctav
One of your provided conditions does not apply then. In any case, waaiiru can discuss that with tournaments@ppy.sh
Frc

Loctav wrote:

Also for Spain.
I checked the pdf like 10 times and you did change nothing at all.
Topic Starter
Loctav
I am not going to reply to that anymore, as you obviously do not understand what I am saying. I just messed up 3-4 formulas on the top pp on a handful of columns, everything else works perfectly fine and is accurate. The doc does not show any mistakes, no further fixes are required. And I just repeat that to be sure: the doc does now show any mistakes, no further fixes are required.

Make everyone you think was excluded contact the mail address and stop disturbing this thread, please.
adrilolo9

Loctav wrote:

One of your provided conditions does not apply then. In any case, waaiiru can discuss that with tournaments@ppy.sh
Just listen to me, I think this is not correct, well you can do a mistake on doing the sheet, cause it's normal. But you are only sending the same link to the sheet again and again, saying that "now formulas are correct" but there's no change on it. We are saying you that Waaiiru is not in the sheet, so it's normal that this "formula" is wrong. And the only thing you are saying is: contact with tournaments@ppy.sh all the time. I enjoy so much osu! but I think people need to be fair doing things. And as I said this is not. I sent you an excel with the correct Spanish stats, with Waaiiru in it, and you just say, this is not correct. I was doing the average of Waaiiru, Xelo ns, KHRiku, Nazurin, adrilolo9 (me) and Neko Sanae, and we have more average than other teams that are accepted. I am just saying the truth, if I told any lies just ban me
Krah
Let's be clear.
Stop bringing your issues here.

If you think you have been spoiled and want to know the reason for what a player isn't allowed to play, he is free, as stated again and again, to send a mail to tournaments@ppy.sh

Consider it as a final warning, any try to bring this topic here again will be removed from this thread.
Im so mad bro
Thanks for all the work put into this. A little bit gutted to see that Switzerland didn't get in, until I saw that we didn't have enough registrees (whoops :p). Will look forward to watching this year though :D. Anyways, OWC, is a big goal for many of our players and I'm sure we'll all continue to strive for that goal in the coming year. Best of luck to all teams accepted! :D
Nakatoru
Unfortunately Venezuela wasn't able to qualify this year aswell :( Oh well...

We'll be looking forward for next year's OWC!

Good luck to all participants 8-)
Noki
I don't like seeing this kind of drama happen like it did last year, since it was blown way out of proportion. I agree with the points Loctav is making (surprisingly as it may seem to some), and it's a bit ignorant to hold grudges from last year's World Cup.
However
I don't agree with :

Loctav wrote:

I am sure there are other people more than happy to join this competition. If you are so salty about everything, better leave the spot for people who actually enjoy these things.
This isn't a random tournament. This is the World Cup. The best a country can bring vs the best a country can bring. What we are seeing (last year as well) is 1 - 3 of a country's best players are being banned from playing. Of course I understand the rules and such, but like any sport or e-sport for that matter, you don't see this kind of reinforcement anywhere. A player who hasn't violated any serious rules, such as hacking and so on, should have some sort of leniency. Why is there such a draconian policy on a minor violation? In sports, you don't see a foul result in them not being able to play in the finals of an event.

I feel like maybe restricting the player who violated a minor rule to be restricted to playing a certain number of maps? Don't know, just throwing a random idea I just thought of out there. I'm sure the tournament staff could figure this out better than I could, and I'm sure that you realize something like multiaccounting or acting like a douchebag is enough to be banned from the World cup is silly. I can list countless dicks in real sports / e-sports that never have such a harsh, (and yes I'm using the word harsh because this is like the one officially sponsored tournament for osu! std that people actually look forward to), punishment for being rude.

However much we like to blame Loctav, he's doing these things for a reason. He's not petty enough to decide these things out of spite. We should trust Loctav's decisions at times because he DID manage OWC 2013 that everyone loved so much...

However the lack of proper communication, let alone respect is astonishing. In no other community, not even the most toxic, have I seen a mod openly call people out and act rudely. Sure you aren't getting respect either, but you're a fucking mod. If you acted a bit, just a bit more understanding and respectful, maybe there wouldn't be so many people hating on the decisions that you've made simply because they don't like you.

Anyways, I hope we have an awesome World Cup like 2013! :oops:

USA! USA! (wait Kablaze is banned?)
TAIWAN! TAIWAN!
Topic Starter
Loctav
The conditions of the world cup are known for over 2 years now. I am not bothering to buy anyone any leniency, because they had 1 entire year to adjust since the drama of the last year.

This is our tournament, our time, our money, our dedication. We make the conditions for joining. And if you don't meet this conditions, you can not join. It's simple as that.
Te Amo
MX MX MX MX
Minhtam

Noki wrote:

This isn't a random tournament. This is the World Cup. The best a country can bring vs the best a country can bring. What we are seeing (last year as well) is 1 - 3 of a country's best players are being banned from playing. Of course I understand the rules and such, but like any sport or e-sport for that matter, you don't see this kind of reinforcement anywhere. A player who hasn't violated any serious rules, such as hacking and so on, should have some sort of leniency. Why is there such a draconian policy on a minor violation? In sports, you don't see a foul result in them not being able to play in the finals of an event.
You know why other sports and e-sports give players some leniency to players for "minor" infractions? It's because Sports and e-Sports have stadiums to host audiences and television deals to draw more audiences. And when players are not playing those sports, viewership and attendance counts drop, which costs them millions in revenue and hurts future stadium leases and television deals in the long run. In other words, when a player commits a infraction against the league rules, major sports and e-Sports are forced to sacrifice their integrity for the sake of profiting their business in the long run.

tl;dr, major sports and e-sports can give "leniency" to players with "minor infractions" because the consumers' code of dollar signs is more important than the players' code of conduct.

Look at osu! → We don't have stadiums to hosts big events, and the only place to view the world cup is a random online Twitch channel that doesn't have a subscribe button. We don't make money. Therefore, if a player breaks code of conduct, technically, the tournament staff has nothing to lose in punishing a player for violating the terms of service. From the osu! staff's point of view, the point of the World Cup is to showcase the game, not the players. That's what it all comes down to.
tryaway
Kreygasm, can't wait to see top 5 players clash each other.
WWW + Rafis , Hvick and index_ woooo
Rip Japan, no-one from their top 5 applied for OWC
buny

Neko Sanae wrote:

Ok now seriously what is the criteria for choosing teams, we had more than enough players for a team. And if we are talking about performance idk why NZ, Mexico, Philippines, Thailand, Greece and Singapore got instead of us.
NZ has played most if not all owc. We don't perform particularly well, but we did and still do qualify in the top 32 which gives us the right to play.

It's offensive that you list "weaker" countries to make yourself look better as a counter-argument. It is an asshole statement to make towards the countries you list and I am glad that you aren't able to participate this year.

And by the way, NZ has better on-paper stats than Spain even if your intended roster were to register.

edit: Reading your reddit posts, I'm even more glad that you're not participating. A country that wants to publicize their issues rather than confront management and also feels that entitled to play without reaching the expectations shouldn't be playing.
Electoz
Maybe should we have something like 'Qualifier round' next year?
I mean, if your country is far from the first 32 then it will be unlikely that you will ever get in.
In my opinion, I think every country should have a chance to prove themselves that they're strong and good enough for the world cup

Just in my opinion though.
bolt997
Based on the spread sheet, Indonesia is not going to participate in the world cup?
Topic Starter
Loctav

Electoz wrote:

Maybe should we have something like 'Qualifier round' next year?
I mean, if your country is far from the first 32 then it will be unlikely that you will ever get in.
In my opinion, I think every country should have a chance to prove themselves that they're strong and good enough for the world cup

Just in my opinion though.
.. but the group stage are the qualifier rounds? :C

bolt997 wrote:

Based on the spread sheet, Indonesia is not going to participate in the world cup?
that is correct by now.
tryaway
Next year for the last 8 spots, do a qualification round.
Like the best 24 countries auto-qualified, but the remaining 8 spots can be taken by any countries.
Bauxe

tryaway wrote:

Like the best 24 countries auto-qualified, but the remaining 8 spots can be taken by any countries.
Why? The OWC is meant to be the best, so they get the top 32 (statistically) best teams.
buny

tryaway wrote:

How about the other countries just put in more effort to get a higher rank, so they can qualify? Any country that has better statistics should have priority over the ones below it.

It's really not that hard to comprehend. You have a whole year to dedicate yourself into getting a better rank to qualify for owc. And if a superb player is being held back by the rest of the players in their country, well tough luck. OWC is a team-comp tournament. If your team lacks the skill or effort to be statistically better in a whole year, then let other teams that did put in the effort go through.
Cyclohexane
A qualifier round sounds pretty good, actually. Many sports and e-sports do this. Of course, this means more matches to organize, but it also ensures a fairer outcome in the end. Rank only says so much compared to performing with OWC rules. There's a bit of a trough towards August-October in world cup action, so this could be an idea to hold signups sooner and gather, say, 8 countries fighting for 4 spots and have them do a round robin.
MiruHong

Mr Color wrote:

A qualifier round sounds pretty good, actually. Many sports and e-sports do this. Of course, this means more matches to organize, but it also ensures a fairer outcome in the end. Rank only says so much compared to performing with OWC rules. There's a bit of a trough towards August-October in world cup action, so this could be an idea to hold signups sooner and gather, say, 8 countries fighting for 4 spots and have them do a round robin.
I think players are misunderstanding their positions (not trying to offend anyone), if you aren't in the top 8 (or even 16) you should be privileged to even play in OWC. Group stages are meant to weed out the weak teams and having a qualifier is redundant since 32 countries is already spreading the player base thin. Nobody has time to organize something that is pointless and the end result (Bo16) would be the same regardless the amount of gauntlets.

This is just my 2 cents and from a perspective of a player who spent since OWC 2014 to qualify for this year's OWC.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Consider the single player mode as a one year lasting qualification stage then...
Electoz
Well, I don't mind that much if more qualification rounds will exist or not.
But I think I should clarify my point here.

- If we really held more qualification rounds, I think more problems will come up tbh, but I think the problem is every country deserve at least a chance, let's say there's a country that has 1 strong player and 7 weaker players. In real game, that 1 person may fc and led his team to victory. I think to be judged statistically is pretty fair, but for those who are far from the first 32 will never have a chance to prove themselves. Also, I think everyone want to see the best player in their country competing.

- [Just my own preference] If we judged statistically every year, I think the teams will be not much different. To see almost the same teams every year, it could be a little bit more exciting if we could see some new faces in the world cup.

I didn't say that we should or should not make more qualifier rounds. I just point out something in my opinion as a suggestion that there are something that shouldn't be overlooked.

Well, I don't mind if you guys opposed to this but at least take this as a single suggestion, just an another perspective
buny

Mr Color wrote:

Thing is that the e-sports that do this is because there are probably no ladders or leagues they are basing their teams seeding on.

A lot of the smaller tournaments in csgo are based on the teams positions on a ladder. It's easier to think of the pp rankings as a sort of ladder qualifying system, I guess.
Poofie
If we judged statistically every year, I think the teams will be not much different. To see almost the same teams every year, it could be a little bit more exciting if we could see some new faces in the world cup.
look at e-sports, there are allmost all the time the same teams competing and we still watch it, i don't see the point in this..

And like it is stated many times, you have a year inbetween OWC's to practice and rank up for qualification to OWC.. I worked my butt off since OWC'14, and so did few others, and we got to OWC. Just stop this mindless nag, and start practicing / ranking for OWC'16. Loctav has better things to do i think.
Tebz188

Poofie wrote:

Loctav has better things to do i think.
I'm proud for finns getting in on such a high placing, even tho we are fairly small country. And im sure spaniards are dissapointed bc they arent in, but if they truly are better than some top 32 teams they should prove it for next year by getting the PP needed.
Enon
Why tournament managements don't tell me about that what is my fault?
They just say "It's your fault" don't tell what that is.

I want see the reason of my ban!
Endaris

Enon wrote:

Why tournament managements don't tell me about that what is my fault?
They just say "It's your fault" don't tell what that is.

I want see the reason of my ban!

Loctav wrote:

Contact tournaments@ppy.sh for that
bolt997

bolt997 wrote:

that is correct by now.[/quote]

I thought registration was over? Is there any other way to get one more member to join?
nya10

bolt997 wrote:

bolt997 wrote:

Loctav wrote:

that is correct by now.
I thought registration was over? Is there any other way to get one more member to join?

Registration is over, it's time for the selected country to pick their possible member.
It's impossible to get any more member to register right now.

And yeah, currently Indonesia won't be in osu! World Cup 2015 for now.
Nakatoru

Poofie wrote:

I worked my butt off since OWC'14, and so did few others.
Me too, but too bad we couldn't qualify. However, we'll do our best to get our country players to another level for next year.
verto
Trying to prove anything to the tournament management is like arguing with a 5 years old; they will just say they are right you are wrong and anything you say will have zero effect.

Endaris wrote:

Based on the amount of players available spain could have easily got a team that is statistically way above the requirements yet only 7 people even managed to register.
Forcing players to register who don't want to is okay but letting people who want to play and most likely did nothing groundbreakingly wrong is absolutely out of the question.

You thought I'd start shit again because Hungary hasn't been able to participate 3 years in a row, huh? Not this time.
Endaris

_verto_ wrote:

Forcing players to register who don't want to is okay but letting people who want to play and most likely did nothing groundbreakingly wrong is absolutely out of the question.
Asking players and encouraging them to register = forcing them to register, okay.
If I was some 5k pp player I would waste more thoughts over a registration if someone asked me nicely and even gives me references who else registered opposed to me living in a nutshell with none communicating to me about OWC aside from the symbol on the osu! starting screen.
verto

Endaris wrote:

_verto_ wrote:

Asking players and encouraging them to register = forcing them to register, okay.
If I was some 5k pp player I would waste more thoughts over a registration if someone asked me nicely and even gives me references who else registered opposed to me living in a nutshell with none communicating to me about OWC aside from the symbol on the osu! starting screen.
That's you. Most high ranked players who don't register either dislike participating in tournaments or has had enough of the bullshit that happens along with it.
Krah

Krah wrote:

Stop bringing your issues here.

If you think you have been spoiled and want to know the reason for what a player isn't allowed to play, he is free, as stated again and again, to send a mail to tournaments@ppy.sh
Gonna quote it because some couldn't read.

Cleaned the thread a bit. Don't force me to do it again or silences will surely come with it.

People Lie
show more