Total Posts
show more
Green Platinum

annxe wrote:

looking for a manga.
--

what I'm looking for //
[/size]

cute shoujo manga ><. that or a very suspenseful manga that leaves me hanging for more at the end of the chapter. I would definitely like nice art but if it's a really good plot then art doesn't really matter.

mangas along the lines of //

Horimiya , Akatsuki no Yona , Shokugeki no Soma , Aoharu x Kikanju , Hadi Girl , Last Game , Nisekoi , Kimi ni Todoke , Mairunovich , and so on :)

[size=150]-- thanks in advance
Try Skip Beat and Chihayafuru. Although admittedly I'm not much of a manga fan.
Their anime adaptions are excellent too.

I'm usually not at all excited about Live-action stuff, But I am interested in seeing the Live-action Chihayafuru movie
Suri

annxe wrote:

looking for a manga.
--

what I'm looking for //

cute shoujo manga ><. that or a very suspenseful manga that leaves me hanging for more at the end of the chapter. I would definitely like nice art but if it's a really good plot then art doesn't really matter.

Horimiya , Akatsuki no Yona , Shokugeki no Soma , Aoharu x Kikanju , Hadi Girl , Last Game , Nisekoi , Kimi ni Todoke , Mairunovich , and so on :)

-- thanks in advance

Hey :D

I'm kinda new here, but i had to answer this :P

I can really recommend you many Mangas, but these are my favorites (excluding your examples) :

• -Gakuen Alice
    -Ao Haru ride
    -Akuma to love song
    -Hirunaka no Ryuusei <3
    -Tonari no Atashi
    -Taiyou ne le
    -Ookami Shoujo to kuro ouji <3
    -Kamisama Hajimemashita
    -Kyou no Kira Kun
    -L-DK <3
    -Kyou Koi Wa Hajimemasu
    -Heroine
    -Ojousama wa Oyomesama
    -Sugar Soldier
    -Boku no Hatsukoi o Kimi ni Sasagu

And also there is soredemo sekai wa utsukushii, but atm I only watched the Anime and i loved it, and I think the Manga is just as good as the Anime!!

I enjoyed all of them, and in my opinion most of them got a great art :3 (because mostly i can't stand childish art types, it was difficult at the beginning with Gakuen Alice but the story gets so good and i oversaw that.)

I hope I could help you a bit :)
Shira
yes, thank you. I will check them out ^^. & I didn't know chihayafuru will have a live action movie. :o. that's going to be exciting to wait for ><
Ender Lain
I Recommend Assassination Classroom

I like the story
CreepyExplotion
im not reading manga :v but i draw the manga
Arief Santosa
usually read at http://www.mangaupdates.com/mylist.html ... &list=read
Liiraye

Green Platinum wrote:

annxe wrote:

looking for a manga.
--

what I'm looking for //
[/size]

[size=150]-- thanks in advance
Try Skip Beat and Chihayafuru. Although admittedly I'm not much of a manga fan.
Their anime adaptions are excellent too.

I'm usually not at all excited about Live-action stuff, But I am interested in seeing the Live-action Chihayafuru movie
I'm skeptic about that... The thing that makes fictional mediums like manga or anime that much better in this type of show is how they handle the rather simple movements of for example swinging your arm in various epic strokes and poses without looking bad. Take Death Note as a good example. The unforgetable scenes of Light writing franatically in his book look so much better when the director had unlimited ways of portraying it compared to the live action. It takes away a lot from shows like chihayafuru (one of my favorites btw) where the only intense moments except for certain "romance" scenes are the gameplay themselves

It works for action shows but I have my doubts about any type of live action. Only good ones I've seen are like cpt harlock or kenshin, whom had probably a way bigger budget. Or tbh, space brothers movie was pretty good, with a relatively low budget it seemed, but it was a completely different show and cool actors.
Green Platinum
I never said Live-action Chihayafuru will be better or anything. It's certainly more doable than other series'. Live action Deathnote was pretty solid the series isn't about how Light writes names in a book. The issue of movement only comes into play when rotoscoping.
Liiraye
Nor did I claim you did. i was not attacking you in any way I just expressed my doubts of the live action execution. i didn't say DN was about that either... please pay attention. I took it as an example of how simple movements are in anime & manga versus live action, and the impact loss when adapting fiction to nonfiction in that regard. Things like that will matter more in shows like chihayafuru, where they are the main fast paced parts of it. This is the reason I'm skeptical about adapting something like chihayafuru.
Green Platinum
My point was I think your concerns are largely a non-issue. I see fast paced moments being more important in a fantasy/action series rather than one somewhat emulating reality anyway.
Liiraye
If you consider a potential quality drop a non issue that's fine with me, but again I - with chihayafuru as a favorite show - would only be turned off on seemingly minor but important atmospherical details as such. Live action often lose a lot of luster when adapting series, but that's a different discussion.
Green Platinum
Well that just comes with the change in medium. Whether the live-action is incredible or not that doesn't change the anime (so what does quality drop have to do with anything?)
I'd rather see companies making a risk adapting something of actual entertainment value rather than stick with the generic safe option for the 99th time.
Liiraye
Like I said, other discussion. However, if they would go all out I'm fine with it, but looking at the history of adaptations they seldom do. Adaptations often cut corners in obvious places and just makes one cringe. I surely hope it won't be a low budget film if anything...
Green Platinum
I don't think I need to tell you that Chihaafuru is a adaption.I'd rather actually see the film before I make any claims about it cutting corners but the series is award winning and popular, doesn't need much of a FX budget and has a small cast are all factors that work in this films favour.
[Nic]
Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou is pretty nice.
I read it for the 'story' ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Negi
I'm not searching for a suggestion but I'm here to suggest a title "UQ Holder"
Genre: Shounen, Action, Supernatural
MAL: http://myanimelist.net/manga/57765/UQ_Holder!
Give it a try!
Ochinchi-sama
If you're into harem ecchi shit and you're a perverted old neckbeard I suggest you read 'Minamoto-kun Monogatari'.

It's about a pretty-faced dude who lives with his hot aunt. He is trying to conquer his fear of girls because he was bullied a lot in junior-high cos the girls were jealous of his looks.

His aunt is obsessed with 'the tale of genji', the story of a pretty-faced prince who banged 14 different women. The dude reminds his aunt of genji because of his feminine beauty. To help the MC conquer his fear of girls, the aunt is trying to reenact the tale of genji by getting him laid with 14 different women.

-Not for kids.
-Ongoing.
-Go fuck yourself you creeps.
Raiken-
Suggest me a good romance manga with a nice art
AznRice

Raiken- wrote:

Suggest me a good romance manga with a nice art
Taiyou no Ie
Nisekoi
Saenai Kanojo no Sodatekata

Ecchi Romance:

Domestic na Kanojo
Re:Marina
Monster Musume (Rom-Com with ecchi)
Kurochiie
Are you guys into gore mangas?
Check these out. You guys should try these:

Mahou Shoujo of the End
Dolly Kill Kill
Ajin
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
I'm also going to suggest something.

Densha Otoko

It's actually a very lovely romance manga. Give it a try, you'll see for yourself.
Kyozoru
Haikyuu Second season
Ochinchi-sama
Something that would make me mentally unstable? Something that will give me da good ol' PTSD. It can be a psychological horror or something so depressing that it could make you want to kill yourself. I'd prefer the latter at the moment but a recommendation for the former would be appreciated as well. Also, no one-shots. Read too many of those.
Come[Back]Home
Well, i bought "The Breaker" and "The Breaker New Waves" and i must say its fucking awesome!!!
The fights are drawn so well, and the character development is fucking cool!
I recommend it to everyone who likes Action, Martial Arts and a main character who'll kick ass when its needed!!!
_mortis

Ochinchi-sama wrote:

Something that would make me mentally unstable? Something that will give me da good ol' PTSD. It can be a psychological horror or something so depressing that it could make you want to kill yourself. I'd prefer the latter at the moment but a recommendation for the former would be appreciated as well. Also, no one-shots. Read too many of those.
Same.
Senia-

_mortis wrote:

Ochinchi-sama wrote:

Same.
Maybe
This
Works
TehDanimal
Anyone reading ReLIFE? I love the concept of it. It also tackles slice of life by establishing harsh realities and relationship scenarios that exist in Japanese society. Dark depression, suicide, loneliness, jealousy, stoicism, injustice, sexism, etc. I love reflecting on slice of life manga but it may not be for everyone. Hopefully, there are individuals who can share in my joy for ReLIFE. Definitely not for the faint of heart. It's manga that's in full color too which is quite rare; colors may seem a bit flat and dull in some chapters but I think it reflects each scene's tone well. What do you guys think?
chaee

Ochinchi-sama wrote:

Fuck man
Aomi
I probably read like only one manga that wasn't even finished so I'm new to all this.

I'd like some good manga recommendations for the horror/romance/drama genre; thanks.
Sallad4ever

Aomi wrote:

I probably read like only one manga that wasn't even finished so I'm new to all this.

I'd like some good manga recommendations for the horror/romance/drama genre; thanks.
There are many title already recommended by previous poster on this thread, so I'll just add a bit

For Horror try Hepatica, it's not a supernatural one so there won't be any ghost or some kind also It's already completed. Hi score girl is a unique one for a romance. The way it use classic games as one of the element of the story is awesome, provided you like games though.

Warning though, both of them have a rather "unique" art so try not to have high expectation on that part. (The story is still good though)
Kafein_old_1
Need some romance manga with a male point of view (basically shounen or seinen). I'd really like it if the story has a bit of realistic touch to it, meaning no "stunningly hot/cute girls fall in love with loser MC for no apparent reason" or other stuff like that. Main examples of what I want are Kimi no Iru Machi, Good Ending, and Bitter Virgin.

Here's my MAL for the list of manga I've already read: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/fatal_tragedy

Also accepting yuri suggestions if you know some. hahahaha
TehDanimal

lynyrd47 wrote:

Need some romance manga with a male point of view (basically shounen or seinen). I'd really like it if the story has a bit of realistic touch to it, meaning no "stunningly hot/cute girls fall in love with loser MC for no apparent reason" or other stuff like that. Main examples of what I want are Kimi no Iru Machi, Good Ending, and Bitter Virgin.

Here's my MAL for the list of manga I've already read: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/fatal_tragedy

Good Ending was really good. Have you read Citrus yet? It's a good yuri title imho.
Kafein_old_1

TehDanimal wrote:

lynyrd47 wrote:

Good Ending was really good. Have you read Citrus yet? It's a good yuri title imho.
I have but I think it's still currently publishing. I want titles that are already finished so I can binge-read them from start to finish. :lol:
aynoz

lynyrd47 wrote:

I think Domestic na kanojo might suit your taste.
Bitari_old
Anyone reading "Their Story" :?:
Rurree

lynyrd47 wrote:

Haven't checked your list but I liked..

Koe no Katachi
Hetakoi
Onanie Master Kurosawa
Chikan Otoko
I"s
Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu
*will probably add more once I remember stuff*
Otaku One
Mmm... What a shame people are not asking for a manga suggestion now... Maybe I'll do.

Would like a Comedy/Harem/Romance/Slice of Life Manga or just plain Cute girls doing cute things manga. And I would like few cliches as possible.

Here's mah manga list if ya wanna see: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/OtakuOne
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Otaku One wrote:

Mmm... What a shame people are not asking for a manga suggestion now... Maybe I'll do.

Would like a Comedy/Harem/Romance/Slice of Life Manga or just plain Cute girls doing cute things manga. And I would like few cliches as possible.

Here's mah manga list if ya wanna see: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/OtakuOne
You read a lot of 4-komas and comedy, so going from there.
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei (Engaged to the Unidentified)
Cafe Detective Club
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Isshuukan Friends
Rulia Nya!!
Saki (If you enjoy it, then read the many spinoffs)
School! Scoop?
Wa!
Yandere Kanojo
Zettai Reiiki

Before I go onto more haremy type stuff, can you tell me what you're looking in that genre because your post is fairly vague.
Otaku One

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Otaku One wrote:

You read a lot of 4-komas and comedy, so going from there.
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei (Engaged to the Unidentified)
Cafe Detective Club
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Isshuukan Friends
Rulia Nya!!
Saki (If you enjoy it, then read the many spinoffs)
School! Scoop?
Wa!
Yandere Kanojo
Zettai Reiiki

Before I go onto more haremy type stuff, can you tell me what you're looking in that genre because your post is fairly vague.
Just a Harem. With tsunderes. With a loli. With an average girl... And no Onodera-type girl.

Btw, thanks! Gonna read it all later... With no sleep of course!
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Otaku One wrote:

Just a Harem. With tsunderes. With a loli. With an average girl... And no Onodera-type girl.

Btw, thanks! Gonna read it all later... With no sleep of course!
Sorry for taking so long. Was lazy and took me a while to figure out how to approach your list. Like your earlier stuff, I'll try to stick to more lighthearted SoL stuff. However, I'll probably going to shotgun my recommendations from there.

Doubt!
Josei Danshi
Kimiiro Focus (I mostly only enjoyed this because I used to do photography and laughed at how ridiculous some things were
Kiss Death (Definitely a lot more on the actiony side)
Maga Tsuki

And MU dies on me... Tell me what you like, and I'll see if I can give better recommendations from there.
show more