forum

Hands/3+ notes...

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jepetski
Can you just take a break from life and go hang out with your best friend; the rope?
Shoegazer
I can't tell if you're this delusional, or you're a brilliant well-planned rusemaster. I'm going to go with the former.

A community creates content for their own community. Very rarely do other communtiies create material that will appease other communities and not themselves. Any content that satisfy other communities along with their own is merely a bonus, nothing else. The osu!mania community is filled with keyboard players, I'd say 99.995% of them are keyboard players. Hands/triples are going to be common at high-level charts because there are moments where triples are the most appropriate pattern and playability-wise they are ideal. Limiting yourself to only doubles restrains the amount of intensity you can capture in a piece of music. There is simply no point in restraining yourself to appease a community that you have no knowledge about (ITG charts are completely different from keyboard charts and their designs are completely different). Do you understand that this is a community with almost all keyboard players and because of that you shouldn't be complaining that most of the charts are meant for keyboard?

Your complaint is basically the equivalent of using a microwave instead of an actual computer to watch videos, and complaining that videos can only be watched on a computer and not on your microwave. These maps are meant for keyboard. If you want to play charts without hands, play your shitty DDR converts that have the most ass backwards patterning and layering schemes in existence. Why don't you play ITG converts instead? Especially since charters like Mute, Fraxtil and Sudzi? It makes absolutely no sense that you would want hyper-primitive charts that flow like sandpaper, but not superior flowy and actually musically relevant charts. But that's besides the point.

Point is that you're complaining about something that is an intrinsic trait in the community and it only displeases an extremely extremely small fraction of the community because they're not following the standard. They will be better off displeasing only that small community of people than to deliberately underemphasise sections only to appease people who can't tell the difference between a pad chart and a keyboard chart. You're purposely handicapping yourself by using a dance mat (you're not even using a dance mat even, you're using a controller) and you have absolutely zero reason to complain because you have access to a working keyboard just like everyone else. Stop.

tl;dr: Make your own charts or convert more DDR/ITG charts if you want charts with less hands. Alternatively just play keyboard and stop your pseudo-elitist toxic dribble.
Full Tablet
In http://stepmaniaonline.net/index.php?page=downloads there are many stepfile packs for pad, btw.
gintoki147
You're playing the wrong game, mister
Abraxos
I cannot stand it when osu!mania 4K and 8K charts have hands (3+ notes); they give an unfair disadvantage to dance mat players.
Elementaires
why you guys answering to trolls
Kamikaze
Gabe, I wonder when you will realize that insides of your head are almost as dense as a black hole at the moment and that you need to rip DDR logos of your glasses because you live in some delusional world where playing on keyboard is considered as cheating, it's 2004 and if you want to play some rhythm games you need to go to a arcade and pay for each play. I mean, sure, that was cool.
11 YEARS AGO.

WAKE THE FUCK UP MR NOHANDS31.

THIS IS A PICTURE OF A GIRL WHO'S SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING YOUR SHIT, SHE'S TIRED OF YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT CHORDS IN AN ACTUAL, KEYBOARD RHYTHM GAME!
Honestly, either learn what a keyboard is, or just look in the mirror, stare at yourself for a while and say to yourself: "God, why am I such a faggot"
You see this:

This is an arcade rhythm game. And you know what? JOY OH JOY IT HAS PATTERNS WITH 3+ NOTES AT THE SAME TIME!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHO COULD ALLOW SUCH ABOMINATION TO BE RELEASED INTO PUBLIC??????????????????????
I'm sick and tired of your shit. I dedicate this song to you and you only:
Kreator014
kami did it
Topic Starter
31Gabe
I'm so sorry for making such a fuss about hands. I really wasn't getting it until I realized the way osu!mania is originally intended to play: keyboard. I'm just here to help out put up DDR beatmaps because no-one had thought of it before. I won't make a fuss that much again, and I have to learn that osu!mania can be played many ways. Whether it's beatmania style, pop'n style, or the DDR style, its recreational.
gintoki147
Not meanting to be rude, but it's not hard to notice that this game is meant to be played on a keyboard or on something that at least resembles one.

I mean, even the default skin looks like a piano.
akuma123
what will come next? a guy who uses a guitar hero controller and complaing about the 5k patterns?
abraker

akuma123 wrote:

what will come next? a guy who uses a guitar hero controller and complaing about the 5k patterns?
No, a guy who uses the wiimote to play 3k patterns on Supersonic Wii.

oh wait, that's me
Halogen-
Kamikaze, I fucking love you.
Kamikaze

Halogen- wrote:

Kamikaze, I fucking love you.
Rest assured, that feeling is mutual <3
Vygatron
thanks for that good read kami
Pope Gadget
YE GABE I TOTES AGREE WIV U
I MADE A CHART SPECIFIC 4 DIS PROBLEM
_underjoy

Pope Gadget wrote:

YE GABE I TOTES AGREE WIV U
I MADE A CHART SPECIFIC 4 DIS PROBLEM
I knew what the chart was before clicking the link lmao

JUST PLAY THE EMPRESS SC IF YOU ARE GOOD
Prim
Yuzeyun
they give an unfair disadvantage to dance mat players.
even dance mat players can play the hands
lenpai
Piu > ddr
Bobbias
I've played both, and I agree.
Fullerene-
Amazing high quality thread
OzzyOzrock

31Gabe wrote:

I'm so sorry for making such a fuss about hands. I really wasn't getting it until I realized the way osu!mania is originally intended to play: keyboard. I'm just here to help out put up DDR beatmaps because no-one had thought of it before. I won't make a fuss that much again, and I have to learn that osu!mania can be played many ways. Whether it's beatmania style, pop'n style, or the DDR style, its recreational.
HOLY SHIT DID HE FINALLY COME TO HIS SENSES

PRAISE THE LORD

nah this'll be back later when someone ranks 4k 'Butterfly' or something lmfao