forum

Do not qualify MBC cYsmix subs within a week of ranking

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Garven
Just keep ranking these per our standard rules.

peppy wrote:

i'd say we shouldn't rank too many of the same song in a short period
He also mentioned that he's looking at pending maps too - not only the ranked ones, so don't worry about that angle.

Keep up the good work!
Monstrata
Can we have a bit more context from that quote? Was it specifically addressed at these cYsmix songs?

I'm asking because even some of the other QAT's didn't seem to be aware of this, looking at D33D's House With Legs mapset. Having more cYsmix songs qualified/rank will promote official osu! music, and I don't see it causing any harm to have more than 1 of the same map qualified. Also, the qualified section has nearly doubled since the cap was removed. Perhaps now is a good time to reconsider the rule where there should only be one mapset of the same song in qualified. The rule was set to promote variety in the qualified section but now that its nearly 2 pages I think there's enough room to at least consider it, even if it's just to give an exception to osu! songs.
Loctav
The rule is a BN rule and applies to all maps, including the cYsmix ones.
Topic Starter
Garven
This was a grey area and a lot of assumptions were had without actually consulting the peppy. I got it clarified and posted here right afterwardafterward. Thank you phone.
OzzyOzrock
*cYsmix song gets ranked*

"11:45 BanchoBot: cYsmix song has just been qualified!"

"who was first???"
"wow ninja'd"

Haha, ok, I doubt this'll happen.
IamKwaN

BN Rules wrote:

Do not qualify the songs which already have another beatmap in the Qualified section.
Some BNs ask me about this rule, is any modification necessary? As maps can stay in the Qualified section for over 10 days nowadays. Or can anyone clarify whether the rule means '7 days' or 'staying in the qualified section no matter how long it is'?

Thank you.
Loctav
This requires no change.
Monstrata
Title could probably be rephrased to "Do not quality MBC cYsmix subs if another set of the same song is currently qualified" since qualification>ranking period can take over a week now.
Loctav

monstrata wrote:

Title could probably be rephrased to "Do not quality MBC cYsmix subs if another set of the same song is currently qualified" since qualification>ranking period can take over a week now.
what
Bara-
Doesn't it means this:
cYsmix gets qualified
Then it gets ranked
This does not mean another can get qualified immediately
A week after the first song gets ranked the next can get qualified