frontline player took years(maybe) to go from ar9 to ar10
just click the circles to the beat
Topic Starter
vsprite

StephOsu wrote:

believe in yourself and tap
frontline player took years(maybe) to go from ar9 to ar10
just click the circles to the beat
I guess hr not for me idk man, whenever I play hr I have to play through like 10 times at least to get a decent combo/acc, and I hate grinding maps its just so boring :(
-Makishima S-
HR require completly diffrent skillset than DT.
HR is completly diffrent from DT.
Both mods are difficult.

Play moe, please enjoy game.
Deathripi
Go download all of lahphanya's maps and practice them.

Learning ar10 is easiest w/o HR.
A Medic
Spam it until you understand.
TehDragonGuy
Obviously, I should be the last person to give advice to you considering my rank compared to yours, however, I found that playing AR9 with DT really helped. Although 10.33 is still too fast for me, by playing that for a while, it made AR10 feel slow in comparison, and to be honest, I have almost no problems with it anymore.
Infevo
play ar 8.5 + dt with high bpm to get the most out of your practice time.
ZenithPhantasm
Play AR11 to make AR10 look like slow man's AR
Risa
Topic Starter
vsprite

Reset- wrote:

http://ask.fm/AzerFrost/answer/130306842530
Im at the point where I can nomod most songs and need an extra challenge. I think this sounds more reasonable coming from me than a 10k-100k ranked player.
Endaris
That's reasonable.
Like mentioned either try AR10 Edits or if you're going for HR try easier high bpm insanes as these don't turn out as reactionbased and jumpy.
I Give Up
Probably your reaction is bad like mine try practise low bpm hr as warm up this force you to react to triples/doubles you are ready when you ZXZ/XZX them instead of ZZX/XXZ.
-JaZe-
It took me about 2 months to actually get used to AR10. And this was after the 2-3 months I spent getting used to AR9.6

Just keep at it, you'll be able to do it eventually.
chainpullz

vsprite wrote:

I do worse HRing 4.6star maps than playing 6 star nomod. How long does it take to adjust? A month? Because ive been going at it for a week and no progress on my HR at all.
You're comparing OD10 to like OD8.5. There is a huge difference.
Trizept
Ok, here's what I did for me to get used to ar10 a lot quicker.

Convert your favorite ar9-9.5 nomod maps to ar10 in editor and make a collection out of those. Have around 30+ maps to have some variation and keep playing those regularly. This may come at a cost in that your reading in ar9 will probably look like ar8 to you (at least for me it does). If you really want to go through my way (which I kinda don't recommend since my ar9 reading isn't as good and consistent as before), then do nothing but ar10 for a month to get used to it, then if you feel comfortable enough with it, start playing with HR.

Your case seems to be like mine regarding reading ar10 first and then learning HR. In that case, after you do learn to read ar10 comfortably, then I'm assuming you won't have too much of a problem with the OD (which wasn't for me).

So yeah, as you can tell from my performance graph, I stagnated around 1.5k for about a month due to the fact i was in intense ar10 training :P
Then I got around to doing some HR farming and ar10 officially became my main AR.

I would advise that you don't completely neglect ar9 and play it as much as ar10 or even less, but I'm sure the process of getting used to ar10 will take longer...
Risa
Well then let's just say to get good at something u play it more often at a reasonable rate. What u consider reasonable is ur decision that depends on how badly u want it.
I wanted to learn HR rly badly last time so i spammed literally everything HR NF. Theres a big improvement for my HR over 3 months. I guess i can also so AR10 fine by then. But everything else got worse so it's kinda annoying to me.
d777b
I can't read AR10 either...
E m i
Idk play this ar9.93 masterpiece or something B)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/352714
HerO_0110
-
koromo

vsprite wrote:

How long does it take to adjust?
This isn't something anyone in this thread knows as it differs from person to person. Surprisingly, I had a really hard time learning HR, it took me well over a year to get my first HR FC on an insane, and even then I averaged really low accuracy, in the 94 - 96% range. It was not until a year later that my accuracy finally started improving into the 97 - 98% range, and then yet another year for me to start consistently getting 99% scores.

If you actually want to learn how to play HR, you will.

Basically, play more.
ithgyu
If you want to learn hr properly and quickly make sure you play exclusively ar10 for about a month. Make sure you play everyday and stick with it. You can also mix in some higher ar when you get a bit adjusted such as ar 9 and ar 9.3 dt, when I did this I only chose maps that were 200bpm and less and I edited to cs5.2 to make it feel as much like hr as possible. Only when you can properly read ar10 can you actually start working on your od10 acc. Basically you just have to stick with it for a while, it seems like shit at the start but once you get the hang of it hr is hella fun. There is a lot of dumb shit posted in this thread, such as learning hr from non hr ar10 maps (this is dumb because you will be able to read it well enough but not be able to play hr because smaller circle size makes you take a little longer to react, and low od makes you think you are doing better than you actually are) and a few other things that I facepalmed at. Also play songs you enjoy, it will make the whole experience a lot more pleasant.

Another tip, get rid of follow points when learning hr. You can put them back on afterwards, but they get in the way of you improving your reaction of the actual circles