forum

Disable storyboard in Editor Mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +201
Topic Starter
Aurele
I want to request something to disable storyboards on the Editor Mode. We are able to disable the Video on the "View" tab, so why not doing the same for beatmaps that has storyboards?

I was thinking about this because I am currently modding a beatmap which has a lot of strobe and pulses and I can't concentrate on modding it. So, it would be good if we can disable it and enable it whenever we want. (:
theowest
I agree, I want to map with no distractions.
deadbeat
map first then make storyboard
seems fair enough. if it can be done with video then why not :p
PROGUY
"Disable storyboard while not in design mode" would be much better, in case if you want to edit the storyboard without having to toggle the option many times. Support either ways.
Loves
Yes, yes, SI! Why was this never implemented? I usually just add the story board at the very end.
Damnae

Gabe wrote:

... I am currently modding a beatmap which has a lot of strobe and pulses and I can't concentrate on modding it.
Then what about those who will have to play with that storyboard ? Can't you suggest that they delete make it less annoying instead ?
Topic Starter
Aurele

Damnae wrote:

Gabe wrote:

... I am currently modding a beatmap which has a lot of strobe and pulses and I can't concentrate on modding it.
Then what about those who will have to play with that storyboard ? Can't you suggest that they delete make it less annoying instead ?
You got a point here, but! Even if suggest to make it less annoying, there's many more beatmaps here that has a storyboard with these annoying elements. I requested this feature in general, not for a specific map.
theowest
Annoying for you, enjoyable for others. I doubt they will cut down on something they've spent hours and hours on just because someone doesn't like it/finds it annoying. They will only do so if it stops them from ranking the map, or eveyone seem to agree it's a good idea to do so. Either way, it's still a good idea to mention that you do not like it.

Let's just hope this conversation doesn't turn into disabling the SB even before playing the map.
ZeroEightOne
YES. I support this.
Blaziken
Support
ziin
if you don't know how to disable the storyboard in editor mode then you don't need to be modding a map.
theowest
by unchecking all these I guess

not so sure if we really need this now
jemhuntr
this should work like disable notes in design tab.
TheVileOne
I just modded a map with 6 minimum storyboard load and the load got over 10. I think it was be useful if we could disable storyboard while testplaying for similar reasons we can disable the video- to view the actual background, and create a smooth experience. My flow checking is very reliant on smooth gameplay, and sometimes I just cannot give a reliable observation because I suffer framerate drops due to the storyboard load. I do not like having to ass a disclaimer to my mods telling the mapper that the storyboard load may be affecting the validity of my claim.

I realize I can just delete/remove the .osb, but I would prefer an in game option that leaves all the files intact in the folder for convenience. Actually I have a better idea to this, why can't we have access to all funspoiler options by default in the editor? That would allow us to test how a beatmap plays if people do decide to disable a setting.

(It would be useful if the storyboard flag idea were implemented. I would imagine the ability to decide which SB elements get disabled would be a very useful feature or what skin elements get disabled. That is actually a really good idea. I will develop it further and make it a proper request.)
FrzR
Bumping from [ S a k u r a]'s duplicate thread here.

Still needing this. :D
NXTKitKat
Bump

Yes, still needing this :D
Bara-
YES PLEASE
XinCrin

theowest wrote:

Just uncheck them?
NXTKitKat
OH REALLY?
I'm stupid -_-
Well sorry for the silly bumping :3 And thanks xin and theowest
Bara-
Oh dear
How come I have missed that? O.o
Kibbleru
rip i didnt realize the thread was from 3 yrs ago
[Ping]
Hey, sorry to post on this thread but, my Osu! crashed when I tried to get in to the design tab to close the storyboard
derf
necro, but I still don't think there is a way to turn off the storyboard when testing a map in the editor. You can disable it whilst editing but not when testing
Ayla-
Sounds like a good idea to me