forum

Fall 2015 Anime First Impressions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
I decided to try once again to host the First Impressions Chart, but this time, I decided to change things around.

To decrease the manual labor, I decided to put everything into a form that you can submit and edit. If you want your first impressions, to be shown on the chart, please fill out the form below. The form allows you to edit your responses, so you can submit the form as many times as needed. Ideally, you'll update every time you have new first impressions to share.

Fall 2015 Anime First Impressions Form

Besides that, feel free to post in the thread in the thread like normal. I will not scan any post for manual updates to the chart (and I doubt Kyonko will either).

List of this season's anime

Results so far:
xxdeathx
Wtf it's already started?
Kyonko Hizara

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Besides that, feel free to post in the thread in the thread like normal. I will not scan any post for manual updates to the chart (and I doubt Kyonko will either).
I trust that everyone has the capability to post in the form themselves :U If you can't select a circle then idk how to help.

xxdeathx wrote:

Wtf it's already started?
Yes the season started today, the 1st of October. However with first episodes they tend to get subbed a bit slower.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Lance N' Masques A kid's show A standard loli in distress anime with decent textures and animation. Sadly I can't laugh at the cliche humor or the cheesy premise.

Edit: Rokodo encouraged me to.
Green Platinum
"Loli in distress" is an anime standard now?
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Green Platinum wrote:

"Loli in distress" is an anime standard now?
I couldn't think of anything at the time sorry, and still not sure how I want to phrase it. Oh well, didn't like the show, so don't want to spend more effort.
Green Platinum
I never really saw Green, Blue and Red as Will watch, Undecided and Will not watch. More as Recommended, Circumstantial and Not recommended.

I don't know how to fill in the form because I watch most stuff regardless of quality.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
The idea going in was that you don't have a longing to watch anything that is terrible. You'll watch it, and that's it. I'll think about changing the wording, but I felt recommended was too strong of a word.
A Medic
So far nothing groundbreaking has occurred so I don't really know how I feel yet.
Green Platinum

A Medic wrote:

So far nothing groundbreaking has occurred so I don't really know how I feel yet.
Pretty much nothing has occurred, low hopes for this season it looks really bad.

@Bliss you should probably add an anichart link to the opening.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Green Platinum wrote:

Done.

Edit:
Miss Monochrome S3: More of the same low budget short you've come to expect. To make matters worse, it has the same op and ed as S2. Since the jokes aren't improving, I'm not going to watch more of it.
Green Platinum
I reckon you could see my expectations plummet within the first minute of Hackadoll
Hit it's low point at about 4 minutes in when it started using references.

I didn't know Miss Monochrome would become so draining they have really hit rock bottom.
A Medic

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

Done.

Edit:
Miss Monochrome S3: More of the same low budget short you've come to expect. To make matters worse, it has the same op and ed as S2. Since the jokes aren't improving, I'm not going to watch more of it.
They know it's so bad they don't want to waste $$$ on animating / producing a new op/ed.

Same recycled dry jokes as well...
KokoaCrunch
Hmm... I'll just wait for all of the episodes to come out first then I'll watch em all at once.
btw I've heard that the movie about Boruto is coming soon o.o, wonder when's that :/
Green Platinum

A Medic wrote:

Same recycled dry jokes as well...
Japan has pretty bad comedy to begin with. An unfunny comedy is more ordinary than a funny one in anime
Rio-
Well, i'm just going to submit/edit the form for one or two anime at a time, only Noragami Aragoto for now...

Noragami Aragoto - imo this is a sequel I'm waiting for so long and when it comes out, it really better my expectations. Better animation than previous season (ofc). So far I like it and looking forward for the next episodes...
Kyonko Hizara
*anxiously awaits subtitles for Young Black Jack*]

Nothing I want to watch that has aired has subs yet ;~;
Green Platinum
Young Black Jack has the issue I was kinda expecting. I hope we see him mess up more because he is young in this series, so he doesn't become one of those lame prodigy characters. Other variants it is acceptable because you understand he has a wealth of experience, here not so much.
Raiken-
Just noticed that Noragami 2nd season, and K 2nd season is out. Fall is nice.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Noragami Aragoto: Pasable intro episode with character introductions, some humor and action. Nothing that really really stood out though. Action scenes were either things from last season or closeups and poses. Nothing that really engaged you in the fight. Plot hasn't really gone anywhere yet, so holding back on rating till later.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Pretty much what I expected from an A-1 show, good, but not going to blow your mind. The opening fight was great and the characters are as I remember in the novel. I wish they could fix the textures on the grass and fire, especially since Julis's attacks are supposed to be based on blooming flowers of fire, but can't say it was a bad show.

Hackadoll the Animation:
Really low budget show with blurry zooms that wasn't really funny or entertaining in any way.

Itoshi no Muco:
Is this 12fps or soemthing, it looks so choppy. It is seriously giving me a headache, and the lack of detail in just about everything doesn't make me any happier. Skimmed the first 3min, saw the dog repeatedly stretching something, with the same repeated animation, dropped.

Kagewani: Low budget horror that is made to have the grainy look for an old CRT TV or some badly filtered photographs, just no.

Heavy Object: Ignoring the ugly looking intro and ending, the show is passable to look at, yay..... Overall, I find the concept of the show interesting, but execution was far from great. Oh well, will probably hang on for another ep and see what happens. (I also will probably read the ln when I have time).
DakeDekaane
Kagewani: This animation effect looks interesting, but sometimes the relative smoothness is hurt badly. Story seems a bit plain, but least they try to hang you into it. Fair enough for a short anime, I guess.

Hackadoll the Animation:

Young Black Jack: This was really refreshing. The same tension feeling I got with the original series.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou: On one hand, it is a decent parody of the main series, but on the other, some of the parody is bit stretched like titans and bentos. Also, there is a huge lack of detail in the animation, which can be called a style, but it does detract from the series imo. Will wait a bit before deciding if I want to watch it.
EneT
Nothing interests me apart from Owarimonogatari.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry: It's amazing, Silver Link can almost save this series. A passable fight scene that avoids the original writer's annoying descriptions is a lot better than what I read, but it can't save the show from Ikki's and Stella's cliche nature and development, or lack of development that happens in the future (note: This is probably my lowest rated published ln. I somehow dragged myself through 2 volumes, but couldn't grow to like any of the characters or plot, hence the reasoning for what I wrote). Beyond that, animation was definitely not one of silver link's best, but the ending was done decently (before the silly arrow rain of the Hunter).
Kyonko Hizara
Young Black Jack: I love this, but I feel those that haven't seen or read the original Black Jack wouldn't understand it.

Rakudai Kishi No Cavalry: I'll give this a couple more episodes, however, the characters seem terrible and the plot is almost non existent at the moment.

Owarimonogatari: It's the monogatari series and I love the series so I have hopes for this.

Utawareumono: Itsuwari no Kamen: I haven't read the VN for this but watching this just made me feel good inside. I really enjoyed it, the animation is really nice, and the music is good as well.
Green Platinum
For Utawarerumono the garbage ending is the greatest concern

Is blah-blah-monogatari still a soulless blob of past glory?
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
OP now has results of the answers so far. I used the original language we had the older forms for now because I'm still thinking about how to name stuff in the future. All opinions are welcomed.

(I also need a monitor that can turn vertical, turning my head and mouse 90 degrees to take that picture felt extremely silly)
Green Platinum
You missed one Nadapan
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Young Black Jack: I never read or watched the main story, but excess use of repeated animation and a fairly typical story of getting ripped off for not having a signed contract, are depressing but altogether not engaging.

(Note: It doesn't help that the show brings up bad memories of when I was ripped off 1k for a similar scenario.)

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen:
Another anime that felt like nothing great was going for it. Animation was mediocre, characters are passable, and well the plot is slow... I'll stick around for another ep, but I feel this is a probable drop.
Green Platinum
Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou: Dank meme, they are wringing this for every penny they can get.

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen: Been years since I watched the original and only remember a few details. But the ending could be a series killer.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Typical Beta protagonist, contrived VN world and a smorgasbord of female characters. Like nothing we have fucking seen before.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry: It's the same fucking thing as Gakusen Toshi Asterisk oh wait every fucking romcom/action VN adaption is the same fucking thing.

Owarimonogatari: It was okay, same problems I have with the rest of the franchise. Hilariously it is a welcome positive among this shithole of a season.
omochikaeri
The ones that have my interest so far are K (that budget) and Heavy Object (because it's made by the guy who made the Toaru series).
Shurelia
A very few interesting shows for me on this Fall Anime since i'm not a fans of mecha and stupid hare stuffs.
Green Platinum

Shurelia wrote:

A very few interesting shows for me on this Fall Anime since i'm not a fans of mecha and stupid hare stuffs.
Like what?
EneT
Ignore the "A".

jonel022 wrote:

The ones that have my interest so far are K (that budget) and Heavy Object (because it's made by the guy who made the Toaru series).
Implying that Toaru was good...
Green Platinum

EneT wrote:

Ignore the "A".

jonel022 wrote:

Implying that Toaru was good...
Still suggests there are interesting shows, I've heard the One punch man manga is pretty good, I guess that is the next one that could be good.

Toaru has a good universe if you removed of the church stuff from it. Annoyingly imo Index had better "science" arcs than Railgun. So the better series is just picking the lesser of two evils.
domSaur
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry - why does this ep remind me of Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk - why does this ep remind me of Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

nice. nothing rly to look forward this season :v
Green Platinum

domSaur wrote:

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry - why does this ep remind me of Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk - why does this ep remind me of Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

nice. nothing rly to look forward this season :v
Perfect time to get up to date on Aikatsu ^^
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Komori-san wa Kotowarenai!: Nothing amazing (far from it), but it is the 2min Aya Uchida show, so why not. (Don't recall the manga's jokes flowing like they did in the anime, so I might recheck later)
show more