Phoenix Wright

posted
Total Posts
show more
EEeee
Mid point in 4 case, meeeee likey <3

game is looking sooo good
Detective Tuesday
I won't rest until I've inspected every suspicious looking nook and cranny.
Wizard Of Orz
EUREKA
K2J
NOT SO FAST

I'm rather impressed by the animation and sound quality. I know they're probably not too much more work than the normal sprites, but the new perspective makes it feel a lot more active, since I don't have to constantly remind myself that I'm Phoenix/Apollo during investigation.

The women seem disproportionally more attractive (or at least "cuter" in the non-sexual way) in this game than the past ones. And yes, that's even taking into account the severe dip Oldbag has on the average.

Just finished the fourth case... did anyone else get really sharp mood whiplash when young Kay met you in the courtroom late in the investigation? Sweet Jesus, I was about to start crying myself if it weren't for a sudden "OH HAI CRAVAT" moment.
Wizard Of Orz
case 3 part 3!!~
lukewarmholiday
Case 5 had so much fucking deus ex machina, ugh.
qlum
finished a few days ago and went to bed at 6 am that night
K2J

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Agreed. You're referring to the high number of people bursting in to deliver new information, I assume?
lukewarmholiday

K2J wrote:

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Agreed. You're referring to the high number of people bursting in to deliver new information, I assume?
yeah

BLOOD HAPPENED TO FALL ON A HOTDOG CASE PERFECTLY SO IT LOOKED LIKE A JAPANESE FLAG SO ALBA DIDNT NOTICE IT!

It was building up quite nicely until that point wheneveryone and their mother decided to join in on the party
lukewarmholiday
ME probably had some of the most entertaining characters in the series, this is one of the few times I've actually liked the stories characters so much and was left feeling like the plot fell a little bit short.

Normally great characters allow me to overlook everything.
Xgor
The Edgeworth, game keeps me away from osu! some days :P
Well beated it now, it's a bit different from the other games and is pretty fun!
It kinda lacked the epic courthouse battles and I kinda felt like that Logic should have been bigger and harder (Like 10 things at the same time and some didn't have any use!) but i liked how all the cases was connected this time!

Well I just found this Japanese promo of the game where they discuss who that supposed to be the main role in the game ;)
Part 1

Part 2
MegaManEXE
I beat it last night, holy fuck some of the logic jumps in that last case were stupid as shit, worse than the circus one in PW2.

And it went on and on and on and on and on
Wizard Of Orz
finished the game. It felt short even if there was a lot of game time. I just wish there were more cases since five makes the story feel really short :[
YellowerYoshi

supergarlic wrote:

finished the game. It felt short even if there was a lot of game time. I just wish there were more cases since five makes the story feel really short :[
You realize that 5 cases is the most that's ever been in an AA game right? AA1 originally only had 4 since Rise From The Ashes was an add-in for the DS remake. Trials & Tribulations had 5, but 2 of them were short cases with no investigation phases. This makes AAI, approximately, the longest game in the series.
nardii

YellowYoshi1 wrote:

supergarlic wrote:

You realize that 5 cases is the most that's ever been in an AA game right? AA1 originally only had 4 since Rise From The Ashes was an add-in for the DS remake. Trials & Tribulations had 5, but 2 of them were short cases with no investigation phases. This makes AAI, approximately, the longest game in the series.
But the cases are shorter overall, especially the first two. What they really should have done is make the game less linear instead of just "investigate this area" and "cross-examine (or whatever) this person" over and over. So you would have to, you know, actually think and stuff most of the time.
NoHitter
The Ace Attorney series really love using names with puns, and AAI just proves it all the more...

I lol'd at Deid Mann from the 4th case.
EvianBubble
My favourite case in AAI was case 4. Case 5 was okay, but the ending dragged ON and ON and ON. I was seriously thinking "ANOTHER 'HOLD IT!'?! HOW MANY DOES THIS CASE NEED?!" It was good, though, but not my favourite
Azure_Kite
Hahah, I can't be arrested 'cause I've got that, how do you say? Diplomatic Immunity, bwahahahahah!!!

What? I no longer have that? Oh well, I don't really need it anyways.

Ep5 just took too long to reach a conclusion, even though we all knew whodunnit by then.

Also, Deid Mann was a silly pun. Next they'll have an 'Abod Ii' or something.
NoHitter
But the whole point of it was that unlike previous antagonists EVEN Gavin

Alba didn't give up UNTIL THE VERY END.
Powerdrone
Phoenix Wright = Best game series evar.

AAI was good, I really enjoyed it. The best case was definitely case 4. Epix.
K2J
Yeah, big bump, but I felt this comic was too good to not share. Spoilers for the end of Investigations:

SPOILER

I feel this perfectly sums up how long Alba's testimony dragged on.

Source, and if you don't get the joke, I'm so sorry, because you have never lived.

More from here.
Lilac
That sums up AAI pretty averagely.

Apart from the crude drawings, mind you, it doesn't show what the wound was about (apparently it was "justified self-defense")
NoHitter
I did think that Capcom overdid it with Alba, but that's just my opinion.
Lichatte
Don't worry, everyone thinks the same.
However, I really enjoyed AAI, and all of the Ace Attorney games, they're all great!

And, this is kinda old but, I think all of you who are interested in the AA series should read it... (if you haven't)

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=130751
K2J
New Ace Attorney Investigations announced! Scan.
K2J
Xgor
Trailer
Shelly de killer with hot ice-cream!
K2J
Actual closure? To 2-4? Holy crap, yes.
NoHitter
But I wanted Shelly to kill Engarde :)
K2J
Who said that didn't happen? ;)
NoHitter
Also I hope Wright actually appears.

(Not as a cameo).
Lilac
Looking forward to it.

Needs more use of Little Thief.
Esupanitix
If you haven't screamed his famous line, you fail at life.

OBJECTION!
Zekira
Gyakuten Kenji 2 has been out since YESTERDAY

Yet no one is bumping this thread :/
Noobita

Zekira wrote:

Gyakuten Kenji 2 has been out since YESTERDAY

Yet no one is bumping this thread :/
Because im waiting for an english release ):
Zekira
My sister is probably playing it right now since she can somehow speak Japanese

Though it'll take her forever because of the immense amounts of kanji
NoHitter
Not everyone can understand Japanese?
So I'm also waiting for an English localization.
RemmyX25
I'm just going to leave this here for speculation.

Sega is creating an Ace Attorney Theme Park attraction in Japan based on AAI.

I really want to see this State-side as well, this looks extremely interesting.
Vish024
i'm just posting 'cos I haven't posted in a while Yup...nice game....yup...it's good.........
Xgor
Ace attorney Investigations spoilers.
I lold
show more