forum

~*~osuCraft IV (1.7.9)~*~ [Closed]

posted
Total Posts
show more
gatotsu
hey guys can someone remind me how to get job for example mining so you can get money for mining
Topic Starter
whymeman

markyzas wrote:

hey guys can someone remind me how to get job for example mining so you can get money for mining
/jobs join [jobname]

use /jobs browse to also see the current list
InsaneToe
Are you going to be making a new post when you're done like a new topic or will you post it here?
Topic Starter
whymeman
Most likely making a new topic. Things get lost using the old and it was normally done that way for each world replacement. I do want to try keeping this world longer than this one once its up. Also, 1.9 is pretty close as well so there may be some setbacks on when I release it.

Currently, this is the geography centered from world spawn. Of course, its soo big that it can't load everything.

InsaneToe
Alright can you message me when you do have a new topic done? Also it looks awesome! Will they be floating worlds or will it be like normal minecraft land?
Topic Starter
whymeman
I'm considering it. Also thinking of making new skylands to add into the chain though would be interesting to see how it would work together. Also, I wouldn't mind messaging anyone waiting for the new server version, but it may be easier to subscribe to this topic as well.
Granger
If you want to impledement Skylands, look for a plugin that allows you to "stack" worlds ontop of each other. It teleports the player to each world when they cross certain heights, like.... level 10 or lower and you get teleported to the lower world in the stack and vice versa at near max build height. I think the plugin also syncs these overlapping parts for a smooth transistion.

Lets build a tower that reaches into orbit! :DD
Topic Starter
whymeman
I've seen a few plugins like that, though it would be impossible to add dungeons that way. Also, lol @ orbit in Minecraft

Still though, its going to be a bit tough on the release since 1.9 is getting close. With that being said, at least to make up for the delay, more time can be put into building and plugin hunting/tuning.
Granger

whymeman wrote:

I've seen a few plugins like that, though it would be impossible to add dungeons that way. Also, lol @ orbit in Minecraft
Well, i mean, the dungeon tool works offgame, you'd only need a plugin like those, a normal minecraft world (which you later populate with the dungeons), a worldgen mod (does multiverse come with a skylands generator?) and multiverse i think. Wheres the problem?

Re: orbit: Eyyy, just imagine it, with this plugin stack a normal world, skyland world and another completly empty world with perpetual night and no monster spawns (i think you could use essentials to set random tick blockupdates in that world to 0 too so no plants can grow there too. Makes sense or?). We're in spaaaaaaaaceeee.

Would totally build a tower into space and then a space ship.
Topic Starter
whymeman
I'm not saying it can't be done, but it all depends on what can be allowed near the end result. Especially since 1.8 had mass load of updates that drove plugin authors nuts, then the news of 1.9 is another factor. Also, depends on the server specs to do the "big things", I may or may not be able to do certain features, but it would be nice to try.

Edit: Woah, more features!

InsaneToe
I personally believe the attack speed is the dumbest thing ever. It makes me not even want to play 1.9.
Topic Starter
whymeman
Hmm... it is a bit silly though there may be features and plugins that can counterbalance it hopefully. Yeah they're trying to make it more challenging and such, but I hope they don't forget that its still minecraft, not Diablo or something. On another note, so far a total of 900 dungeons has been finally generated. That's only from 3 types with 300 each. I'm currently doing Caverns now which i'll be playing around with the sizes. I've already generated a dungeon that shows "10 levels" deep. Not sure how it will look, but i'll check it out later with some screenshots. Third, there may be some server maintenance going on atm so if the server is down, that's why.
InsaneToe
Alright cool I'm going to try to get on in a few minutes maybe.
query3
dungeons, dungeons, DUNGEONS!!!!
sorry for the useless post.

i'm still active, please don't think i'm being a useless admin member

btw, the current map that's being finished is over 10 GB IN SIZE.
just a fun fact. now i take my leave from forum stalking/spoiler time
Topic Starter
whymeman
For those trying to get into osuCraft, the server system it is functioning in is under construction. When its back up, we'll keep you posted and on its status. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: Just to keep you updated, the 1000th dungeon was made overnight so far. With that being said, we're planning on where the new spawn will be and how it will take place. We're also checking into the server matter as well to make sure its ready to run before the map is going to be tested.
Topic Starter
whymeman
The server should be back online now. If there's a problem, let me know.
query3

whymeman wrote:

The server should be back online now. If there's a problem, let me know.
everyone, there was a issue preventing the server from remaining on after accessing console, and it has been fixed.
NOW it's fully back up. xD

hf all! :)
Fukita
I would join, but...

yea, My minecraft premium account was suddenly GONE...
i payed like 2013 20 € for a minecraft account, and it was just GONE after 4 - 5 weeks, idk why...
query3

Fukita wrote:

I would join, but...

i payed like 2013 20 € for a minecraft account, and it was just GONE after 4 - 5 weeks, idk why...
so long as you bought minecraft directly from their site and/or Amazon, it should've worked x_x

you should look into contacting Mojang about that.
Fukita

query3 wrote:

Fukita wrote:

I would join, but...

so long as you bought minecraft directly from their site and/or Amazon, it should've worked x_x

you should look into contacting Mojang about that.
Forget about that, I just got the account from my friend, because he doesn't play minecraft anymore \:D/
Topic Starter
whymeman
Alright, I should be able to wrap things up by October 2nd with dungeon generation without delays. After that comes the physical editing which should take MUCH LESS time to do so. Only 54 left to generate of the 1200 before moving to the next step.
Antlia-
no, just no
stop now
query3
the dungeons are done and the map is being uploaded to a test server right now :D
Topic Starter
whymeman

Soo much lava, soo little time....

At the moment, i'm working on adding the nether castle though i'm trying to find a place to make it. It shouldn't take as long compared to the dungeon loading. We'll look into adding more with it if we can.
Granger
Really, at this point im wondering if the map ever will open. .-.
Topic Starter
whymeman

Granger wrote:

The problem before is the timing of opening. But, even with 1.9 being released soon, I might as well stick with 1.8.x since most of the things are still there with it. Waiting for 1.9 would mean even more months in delay and more broken plugins. To be honest, doing the work in the nether will take much less time to do than map generation with dungeon loading. What's left after is the beta testing then we're back up again.

Also, its not easy, but trying to avoid missing out on things before uploading the map is important too since shutting down the server to fix missing or broken parts of the world is what caused osuCraft III to break. I don't want to end up doing that again...
query3

Granger wrote:

this map, compared to previous ones, is an absolutely massive undertaking. it'll take a while, but we're very close to being done.

as of right now, the current overworld map is being uploaded to a test server - and again, as wmm wrote above, the nether is practically done. once all is uploaded, we essentially have to make a spawn, which (hopefully) won't take much longer, and we'll be able to move it over to the normal server!
LightDreamer
Woah, just discovered that osu! had a minecraft server...... Sounds nice!

By the way, are you recruiting staff? Because I would really like to help!
If you want to discuss about that, feel free to PM me. Here or in game, if I'm there. I'll be glad to answer any question.
Granger
Internet wisdom #435: Newbies that join your server and immedantively ask for getting staff ranks/joining the staff almost always prove to be bad staff.

For starters, you dont even know how the server works, what the community is like, what plugins are used. How can you possibly represent the server as a moderator/administator? To give you an hint: To ask right away is also a sign powerhungryness, a shit trait for staff.
LightDreamer
What do you know about me? I think you're being really mean.
I'm well aware of what it takes to be in a staff of any kind. I'm not asking for joinning the staff, I'm asking if there's place for it. I want to discuss about it, like mature people do.
And I'm well aware that I don't know much about the server, but I can learn, that's not a problem at all!

You can't judge people without knowing anything. I would really be pleased if you could apology for what you said.
Topic Starter
whymeman
Hey hey now, no fighting alright?

I know Granger's post was a bit blunt, but by truth things like that actually happen in some Minecraft servers which in turn, you get horrible staff to deal with. I'm not saying you're bad LightDreamer, but we're not looking into more staff atm unless we actually need to. For now the replacement world is almost out of the WIP phase before the alpha testing with the plugins and such. But once that part begins, the current world will be replaced and locked off for a short time until stable.
LightDreamer
No problem. If you ever need anybody, I'm available. And you can count me in anyway! Playing minecraft with fellow osu! players, what a beautiful irony!
Topic Starter
whymeman
The server is going to be down for a while while we configure and redo the world. Hopefully we get things going within this month.
Flanster
Considering comin back soon, feel like wastin some time :P
LightDreamer
What in hell are you saying? Minecraft is never a waste of time. (except if you play modded and focus on thaumcraft......)
Flanster
Never said that :P
Granger
I play games to waste time though. :?

LightDreamer wrote:

I would really be pleased if you could apology for what you said.
No. I might be apologize for being blunt but i wont apologize for what i say.
Topic Starter
whymeman
Sorry for the late news post. Work has been kicking my ass in this season. So far, we're developing spawn in the new world at the moment. It will have a more wider and dynamic layout than the previous and some extra changes here and there. Also working on generating the extra stuff to keep things interesting. Hopefully we don't need to worry much about silly stuff happening down the line.

AncuL
can you probably host classicube server? its basicly a minecraft classic since mojang removed it completely.
http://classicube.net
Flanster
Restored my Minecraft client.
iirc 1.7.10 could connect right?
show more