forum

UNDERTALE

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Charles445

I've been obsessing over this game for the past 10 months, and it has finally been released, so I'm gonna post about it!

UNDERTALE is a game where nobody has to get destroyed.
It is an RPG with influences from the MOTHER series, the Touhou series, and from Cave Story.
It takes the best aspects of all three and packs it into one incredible adventure.

Oh, and it's also incredibly funny. Here, watch some trailers...

There are many different kinds of sad. People only expect one.

If you can't already tell by the trailers, the music is fantastic!

So if you like RPG games or are looking for a strong narrative, download the DEMO and give it a go.
It will answer any questions you have about the game.

If you liked the demo, it would be a good idea to purchase the GAME.
If you didn't like the demo, then you should probably play the demo again.
Flanster
I did notice it on your userpage a while ago and tried the demo. All I did was keep playing and try different scenarios, fun stuff.
I'd definitely pick it up.

nice rating
Blue Stig
Ha I had a feeling you would be the one to make this topic.

I think it probably be for the best that everything from the game be kept in spoilerboxes even if it's not that spoilery.
You never know what someone considers a spoiler.

Right now I'm gonna avoid this topic for now until I finish the game.
I will mention one thing at least.

SPOILER
You forgot to mention it's also a dating sim.
Topic Starter
Charles445
Finished UNDERTALE.
Wow.
Yeah this game is pretty much
Yeah this is
You should play it
... really like save up ten dollars somehow and play it like really it's a good idea
really
Blue Stig
UNDERTALE has that effect on people.

https://twitter.com/TieTuesdaySA/status/644611109392134144

Wait I said I would avoid this topic until I finish the first run.
Goodbye.
Sync
Reminder to NOT watch videos or read spoilers until you've finished the game at least once

It's one of those games
Vhy
just bought this game after watched the trailer and some reviews. seems pretty fun
Blue Stig

Sync wrote:

Reminder to NOT watch videos or read spoilers until you've finished the game at least once

It's one of those games
Also don't listen to the soundtrack everything gets spoiled.

EVERYTHING.
Topic Starter
Charles445

Blue Stig wrote:

Also don't listen to the soundtrack everything gets spoiled.

EVERYTHING.
Not really, it's more like "how could this song possibly be in the game there is no possible context for this" then later "OH THERE IS CONTEXT FOR THIS"
Sync
~Hello, this is a friendly reminder to please share all of your sans and/or Papyrus art with your pal, Sync~
dyle
I hope this game gets the recognition it deserves. It's an otherworldly experience. ]: )
roufou
this game trumps almost every game writing and storywise
PatZar
i thought it was a free to play game
dyle
Demo is free. If you want the full game, it's $10 USD on Steam or on undertale.com
toybot
you better be sorry, she really cared for you
:d
Ameth Rianno
Damn, i spoiled myself to checking out the true final boss video.

This game looks interesting, well i like bullet hells. (This is bullet hell, right? As what i see on the final boss)
Witch Mercy
I really wanna buy this...prob gonna wait and see if it's ever gonna go on sale tho
Ameth Rianno

SOMEONE HELP ME, PLEASE
THIS MUSIC IS CREEPY ;_;

btw i already cleared the true pacifist route, and now genocide route, and this thing is so scary
primrose
Just finished the game, and it's sooooo good.
Really. I don't really like RPG games but this is an exception.
I cleared only Neutral Route tho, I'm going for True Pacifist Route next time.
Backfire
Masterpizza.
UnderminE

Graciee wrote:

I really wanna buy this...prob gonna wait and see if it's ever gonna go on sale tho
still waiting for the sale here ;_;

Mettaton is my waifu
Lilac

hOi!
mintong89
great game.

[insert annoying dog]
Nachy
This game really needs to be played by everyone, even to anyone who doesn't like RPGs/bullet hells. Gameplay wise it's one of the most fun and unique battle systems done in an RPG and is up there with Earthbound and Paper Mario. Plot wise it has superb writing and every single character from all the main major characters down to all the NPCs and enemies are all very likable and charming in their own way. Hands down this game's cast has one of the most well designed characters ever in fiction.

The Pacifist/good route is really heartwarming, funny and has one of the most satisfying conclusions ever. The genocide/evil route is one of the rare times a game can actually make you guilty about everything and can evoke enough emotions to actually make you stop the run. All routes either way as well has one of the best boss fights ever too, coupled with a really awesome soundtrack that perfectly fits every scene in the game.

There's also a lot of dogs to pet, spaghetti, a 19 year old fast food employee we can all relate to and the best pair of skeleton brothers named after the best two fonts in the world, and you can date them too!
Ameth Rianno

NachoPiggy wrote:

There's also a lot of dogs to pet, spaghetti, a 19 year old fast food employee we can all relate to and the best pair of skeleton brothers named after the best two fonts in the world, and you can date them too!
hOi!!1! buy tem armorr 2,, its th best armor... in THE WORLD1111!!11!
also i ned money4 coleg...

I like the soundtracks of this game, the very best soundtrack for me is Undertale/Your Best Nightmare-Finale.
Stefan
Some questions:

-) can I expect some laughter?
-) can I expect a lot of gameplay?
-) ^ if yes, is it complex?

I planned to buy it but I still think about it.
roufou

Stefan wrote:

Some questions:

-) can I expect some laughter?
-) can I expect a lot of gameplay?
-) ^ if yes, is it complex?

I planned to buy it but I still think about it.
1. the jokes in the game are pretty rapid-fire I'd say, some jokes may fall flat on you but most of the time it should deliver a new one to sort of like, compensate. one of the main parts of the game is the humor.
2. someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think playing the game once should take like 4 hours? it should honestly be a decently long game for such a cheap game. also if you do both runs I'd say at least 6 hours...also some playthrough of the shorter ending lasted 9 hours so maybe I'm just thinking the game is shorter than it is.
3. not sure what you mean? the combat is pretty simple and almost minimalistic, the gameplay is pretty simple and easy.

if you do buy the game I recommend you to not just stop playing if you find the start slightly boring, it gets a lot better decently fast. really if you spend your money on the game I'd say it's a nice purchase and I'd say buying it and not playing the whole thing is a HUGE waste

edit: as a final verdict I'd say the game is really damn good storywise, I mean some people who actually play the games will find that pokemon for instance has a pretty good story, although I'd say undertale blows pokemons socks off storywise. I could name more games known for having good stories according to popular opinion (the crooked man) and saying that undertale is significantly better, in my opinion that is.

edit: edit: the music for this game kicks ass btw (but try to refrain from listening before playing)
Alyx Vance
best game in steam
i recommend it like someone who doesn't have it, pls buy it
also the feels QwQ

don't do genocide before pacifist ok, it 'corrupts' the game

also you can date a great and cool skeleton

go buy it now if u haven't it's cheap and fun adventure
show more