forum

Emerald's Spring osu! 25k to 45k Aus/NZ Tournament!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
Welcome to Emerald's Spring osu!standard Tournament, the first of it's kind!

Spring has sprung so it's time for a tournament! This tournament will consist of a double elimination bracket featuring standard seeding.

Rules
General Rules:
  1. Each participant must have an Australian or New Zealand flag on their osu! profile.
  2. The only players that are permitted to participate are the players that have registered and have their names on the participants list.
  3. Harassing or abusing a participant or a staff member will result in the ejection of you from the tournament.
  4. Anyone is permitted to record or livestream their perspective at any time while in this tournament.
  5. If the need of a reschedule occurs, please consult your opponent to work out a better time before contacting a member of staff. If a match is rescheduled, it is unlikely that the match will be streamed.
  6. All matches will be scheduled in the late afternoon/evening of either Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Match Procedure:
  1. Both participants will be invited to the official tournament lobby by their designated match referee 10 minutes before the scheduled start time.
  2. Each participant will be asked to type !roll in the multiplayer chat. The participant that rolled the highest will be granted first pick.
  3. The participant that won the !roll will be given host so as they can choose their first warmup map. Once they have chosen, they will give host back to the match referee.
  4. After the first warmup has been played, the same procedure will occur for the second participant.
  5. Once the second warmup has been played, both participants will take turns picking beatmaps until the winner has emerged.
Match Rules:
  1. Round 1 and 2 of both the upper bracket and losers bracket will be a best of 7.
  2. Rounds 3, 4, Semifinals and all other losers bracket games will be a best of 9.
  3. The grand final and third place match will be a best of 11.
  4. The lobby will be set up in the following manner; Team mode: Head to Head, Win Condition: Score.
  5. Each participant may only select one beatmap from each specialty map pool (DoubleTime, Hidden, HardRock, FreeMod).
  6. If a participant has selected a FreeMod map then they may choose to add any combination of these mods: Hidden, HardRock, Nomod.
  7. Hidden and HardRock are the only permitted mods on a FreeMod beatmap.
  8. Each participant may select any number of NoMod maps.
  9. Any warmup map may be no longer than 5 minutes and must be submitted.
  10. A current map pool beatmap may not be chosen as a warmup beatmap.
  11. Once a map has been played it may no longer be selected by either participant.
  12. In the event of a beatmap being tied, the beatmap will become nullified and neither participant will gain a map point.
  13. Revived scores are counted.
  14. The winner of a beatmap will be determined by the participant with the highest score at the end of the beatmap.
  15. If a participant has failed at the end of a beatmap, unless their opponent has also failed, they lose the beatmap regardless of their score.
  16. If both participants have failed at the end of a beatmap, the winner is the participant with the highest score.
The match referee is permitted to upturn any of these rules as they see fit. The match referee also has the final say in any and all matters that arise in the match lobby.

The bracket can be found here!

Schedule
All times are in Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time (AEDT).
Winners Bracket Round 1:
Saturday 17th October 2015
[19:30] ChuChuez vs ScreamingHawk
[20:30] Athrun vs Kor3ry3kor3 Rescheduled.
[21:30] DuhYuan vs Empathy
[22:30] Karamu vs Mirt

Winners Bracket Round 2 + Losers Bracket Round 1:
Friday 23rd October 2015
[16:30] Mirt vs Kor3ry3Kor3
Saturday 24th October 2015
[20:30] Empathy vs ScreamingHawk
[21:30] ChuChuez vs DuhYuan

Winners Bracket Round 3 + Losers Bracket Round 2:
Thursday 29th October 2015
[17:00] DuhYuan vs Mirt
Saturday 31st October 2015
[20:00] ChuChuez vs Athrun Athrun Forfeits
[21:00] Kor3ry3kor3 vs Empathy Empathy Forfeits

Losers Bracket Round 3:
Saturday 7th November 2015
[20:00] Kor3ry3kor3 vs ChuChuez

Grand Final:
Saturday 14th November 2015
[20:30] Mirt vs DuhYuan

Members of Staff
Tournament Organizer: EmeraldStar82
Beatmap Selectors: EmeraldStar82, Dionysaw
Referees: EmeraldStar82, Dionysaw, Jks, Nijntje
Commentators: Jks
Streamers: EmeraldStar82, TheOmyNomy

Please send me a message if you wish to be part of the staff.

Stream
Explosive Fart
i registered :D
but do you really think that there will be enough players willing to participate?
TheJimnebob
This is the second tournament that Emerald has done. I'm sure that most of the past players will be returning.
Pew_old_1
I would join if i was a high enough rank D:

So i'll be watching and good luck!
MilkyTaste
If I can't get to rank 45k before entries close, I don't deserve to be in this tourny :o
Gala
About time it's back, can't wait to see all the players from last tourney and how they've improved!
Mirt
I entered. Good luck to all entering in the tournament. :D
Athrun
I'll-I'll do my best!

Actually the term holiday is coming up soo
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
It's been a while so I thought I'd better post something.

There are currently 8 people who have signed up which means I am reducing the ultimate goal of 32 down to 16. We probably won't even reach 16 but that doesn't matter too much. I'm closing the signups Friday October 2nd which is a week from today. On that day I will make the bracket, release the map pool and the schedule and the first round will be played on the weekend of October 17/18.

Please tell your friends to sign up if they fit the requirements! We need people! The more people there are, the better the tournament will be!

Good luck and have fun to all those who entered, and if you are illegible to enter please hang around the stream and support the players! :D

- EmeraldStar82
Kor3ry3-Kun
I just registered 2 days before the 2 of October but this one is also going to be tough despite of rank :(
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
Registration is now closed which means the map pool, bracket and schedule are now out! These can be found on the main post.
Tune into the stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/emeraldstar82 at 7:20 pm AEDT!

Hope to see you all there and good luck to all the participants!
Kor3ry3-Kun
Don't Worry I panick :)
Diony

kor3ry3kor3 wrote:

Does it start Today Because I'm not going to be there today and tomorrow

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

All times are in Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time (AEDT).
Winners Bracket Round 1:
Saturday 17th October 2015
[19:30] ChuChuez vs ScreamingHawk
[20:30] Athrun vs Kor3ry3kor3
[21:30] DuhYuan vs Empathy
[22:30] Karamu vs Mirt
17th of October
Athrun
oh dear oh dear
MilkyTaste
Struggling to stay under 45k :O I'm not going to do very well in this tournament -.-
Athrun

ScreamingHawk wrote:

Struggling to stay under 45k :O I'm not going to do very well in this tournament -.-
Just believe :D
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
How to access the mp for your match in three easy steps.

Kor3ry3-Kun

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

How to access the mp for your match in three easy steps.

Good to Know :) :)
Athrun
Sweet thanks!
Kohei
Haha wish i saw this a bit earlier ;_; could of entered
Athrun
So, Karamu forfeits...
Kor3ry3-Kun

Athrun wrote:

So, Karamu forfeits...
GG get to the finals
Mirt
Emerald. In the bracket. You posted my game aftermath as https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/19613085
Mirt

kor3ry3kor3 wrote:

Athrun wrote:

So, Karamu forfeits...
GG get to the finals
Haha. Good luck ^~^
Empathy
You'll have to wait and see if you're vsing screaming or me then Arthun :p
Athrun

Empathy wrote:

You'll have to wait and see if you're vsing screaming or me then Arthun :p
i-im not scared of both of you!
Ironsoul27
I wish I culd play but my rank is too high ;_;

there aren't many australian tournys happening so it kinda sucks
MilkyTaste

Athrun wrote:

ScreamingHawk wrote:

Just believe :D
Believing was not enough :P

show more