forum

Is the osu tablet gud?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zymaz
is it gud and other cheap alternatives? :D
kirueggy
no, you're just buying a reskinned huion h420 tablet with the stupid osu! logo on it. there are very many other (some cheaper) alternatives to it. if you wanted to support osu/ppy you'd be better off just buying supporter and buying a better tablet with your money
Mahogany
The 420 is perfectly suitable for playing osu
Topic Starter
Zymaz
the confliction. i think im gonna get ctl 480
DeletedUser_3905941
way to go for the cheap alternative
Topic Starter
Zymaz
it's pretty cheap for a good tablet. 100ausd compared to others
konkarne_old
Well I'm using the main model of the osu!tablet, and it's alright. The only real problems I've had with it is the drivers messing up sometimes but that's about it.
A Medic
Topic Starter
Zymaz
wat
deletemyaccount

kiramaza wrote:

wat
If you're just going to play osu!, there is literally no point of purchasing a Wacom with the Huion being much cheaper. (unless you want larger active area which still doesn't warrant the extra monies imo).
E m i

Philantropist wrote:

kiramaza wrote:

wat
If you're just going to play osu!, there is literally no point of purchasing a Wacom with the Huion being much cheaper. (unless you want larger active area which still doesn't warrant the extra monies imo).
pen doesn't require a battery and polling rate is 200hz
Plane
I use it and love it. It's definitely usable for osu! Though, if you aren't planning on using the tablet for anything other than playing osu! then don't get it. Just stick with mouse then.
meteor22
if you link the osu tablet to your account, peppy will automatically transfer 500 pp to your account.

so yea its gud.
Topic Starter
Zymaz
read the posts guys.. I got the ctl 480s, some guy necroed in which I replied 'wat'.

i'm happy with the ctl 480, besides the fact it took like a month to get here (Australian shipping kek. my friend ordered it way after mine and got his first)

it looks like a god too which is cool i guess, responsive and shiz.
Topic Starter
Zymaz

Philantropist wrote:

kiramaza wrote:

wat
I disagree, the money you spend on batteries will eventually cost you more money than the ctl 480s while maintaining a worse product. if you hover and treat it with care atleast.
Mahogany
My 420 has been running on the same battery for over 9 months

I think the battery costs are negligible.
Topic Starter
Zymaz

Mahogany wrote:

Many people say their tablets have lasted 3+ years even while using it for its actual purpose of drawing, over here AAA batterys cost 10-15$ in a pack which you have to get, by the time 9 months is over most peoples remaining battery's would have disappeared due to family and friends stealing or misplacing.

Huin 420 = 40 aus$ + shipping
My wacom = 110$ with free shipping

A battery average cost of 12.5 ( will increase over the 3 years but w/e). * 36 months = $45. 85$ so far and you have an inferior tablet and could get a godly tablet with 2 hours of minimum wage. of-course the battery cost will increase even further depending on how well you treat your product, upon a google search people claim there tablets are still working from 7 years ago and they actually press down on their tablet. 85+52.5$ = 137.5$.
Plane

kiramaza wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

-snip-
I mean, over time, if you're doing nothing but playing osu, buy the 420, but if you're genuinely planning on drawing, go for a Wacom. It's as simple as this. And if you aren't planning on playing osu! too much and don't feel like spending money, then use a mouse you nerds.
A Medic

kiramaza wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

Many people say their tablets have lasted 3+ years even while using it for its actual purpose of drawing, over here AAA batterys cost 10-15$ in a pack which you have to get, by the time 9 months is over most peoples remaining battery's would have disappeared due to family and friends stealing or misplacing.

Huin 420 = 40 aus$ + shipping
My wacom = 110$ with free shipping

A battery average cost of 12.5 ( will increase over the 3 years but w/e). * 36 months = $45. 85$ so far and you have an inferior tablet and could get a godly tablet with 2 hours of minimum wage. of-course the battery cost will increase even further depending on how well you treat your product, upon a google search people claim there tablets are still working from 7 years ago and they actually press down on their tablet. 85+52.5$ = 137.5$.

$10-15 for a pack of batteries that is highway robbery.