forum

Where the heck do mappers find their mp3's?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mahogany
CuticleThong
Do Youtube DL-ing and convert them, as Kirueggy said. I also fetch some songs from there
Nathan
you can always just steal an mp3 from a set that's already uploaded
Piine
Ew..... Well it's true some mappers get their music sources from YouTube, they do also get it from real sources too. If you look around, there are private trackers, music sites, and much more on the world wide web. It's just you have to take the time to look for them.
B1rd
search song name + mp3 + download into duckduckgo
Green Platinum
Plenty of OSTs feature tv size versions too.
DakeDekaane
Also, use Youtube rips as your last resource.
Mercurial
If known band: Torrent
If not known band/musician: Youtube
deletemyaccount

Shiguma wrote:

I'm sorry if this is the wrong board to post on.

So I want to try mapping a song, but I can't seem to find the tv size mp3 for it anywhere! I've tried googling many different things but I can only seem to find the full version. Is there some website that hosts a bunch of anime openings?

The song is Misty Mystery by Garnet Crow, btw.
Not telling :3333333333333333

please avoid youtube if you can, quality sux
Cephre
Audible
roufou
buy the album *awaits tomatoes to be thrown*
Trash Boat

agu wrote:

actually thats kinda alright. only 1 time i bought an OST on its own, after buying the game ofc. and certain games come with the OST already included
A Medic
youtube + youtube to mp3 = songs
IppE
Jesus christ please stop endorsing cancer inducingly bad youtube rips.

It is not that hard to find a proper mp3 or even a flac source these days, especially for japanese weeb music.
deletemyaccount

IppE wrote:

It is not that hard to find a proper mp3 or even a flac source these days, especially for japanese weeb music.
This would imply that people had the ability to do basic web searching.
Liiraye
Uhhh... I've used youtube like once or twice to get an mp3 as a last resort. I usually get all from soundcloud/buy it/use downloadhelper (<3)
IppE

Philantropist wrote:

Tbh if they found this niche weeb circle clicker game from some weird corner of the internet they should be able to find a proper mp3 files too.
Trash Boat

IppE wrote:

Philantropist wrote:

Tbh if they found this rhythm-based circle clicker game from somewhere on the internet they should be able to find proper mp3 files too.
fixed
Aomi

Trash Boat wrote:

IppE wrote:

Tbh if they found this rhythm-based circle clicker game from somewhere on the internet they should be able to find proper mp3 files too.
fixed
no you made it worse.
Navizel
why are you fixing something that isn't broken

IppE wrote:

also, this.
deletemyaccount

Trash Boat wrote:

fixed

/s
real fixed
Sanxu_old

kirueggy wrote:

lol OP i don't know what you're talking about tbh because there's something called "YouTube"

people just search for the anime openings and then convert the video into mp3 and then voila.

if that doesn't work due to like the anime opening being fairly new to the scene/copyright bullshit then what one would usually do is just take the mp3 and then do some special editing in fl studio 12 and then go from there with the track
Dear god that's just awful, no wonder some of the beatmaps sound so bad.
Why not just downl... err... acquire through peers the official soundtrack releases and use the audio from those?
Topic Starter
Shiguma
Since I couldn't find a good quality version, I just went in audition and cut up the full version.

https://d.maxfile.ro/ofyeztavch.mp3

Thanks to everyone who tried helping!
Zare
R people ACTUALLY stupid enough to use YOUTUBECONVERTED mp3s?

Please, for the love of god, NEVER do that. In EVERY SINGLE case there's better options to choose from. The only exceptions are unprofessional "songs" (if u wanna call them that) that originate from a channel and are never uploaded anywhere else by the "creator"
Liiraye

Zare wrote:

R people ACTUALLY stupid enough to use YOUTUBECONVERTED mp3s?

Please, for the love of god, NEVER do that. In EVERY SINGLE case there's better options to choose from. The only exceptions are unprofessional "songs" (if u wanna call them that) that originate from a channel and are never uploaded anywhere else by the "creator"

^

pls no youtube riperino, search for a couple mins for a better version lel
kirueggy
YouTube mp3 rips aren't even that half bad. It all depends if the initial video upload doesn't sound like a dying walrus to begin with
Kyozoru
they search some on youtube.com and then they change the link to youmagictube.com (for real :3)
Kyozoru

IppE wrote:

Tbh if they found this niche weeb circle clicker game from some weird corner of the internet they should be able to find a proper mp3 files too.
Hahahahahah this made my day xD
Endaris

kirueggy wrote:

YouTube mp3 rips aren't even that half bad. It all depends if the initial video upload doesn't sound like a dying walrus to begin with
They are pretty bad. Always.
Cause YT does its own audio encoding regardless of the initial quality. This causes you to almost always have a frequencycut at 16kHz and a quality of 96 kbit/s meaning that any converters will actually upscale it and ruin the quality even more.

Pls refer to this if you want to find out whether your mp3 is shit or not: t/320007

Can just point to Zare.
Piine
Not to say I condone any stealing of offical .mp3 from their source (cd), but if anyone needs any good quality ones, you are free to private message me for it. Would be glad to help.
Mercurial

Trash Boat wrote:

agu wrote:

actually thats kinda alright. only 1 time i bought an OST on its own, after buying the game ofc. and certain games come with the OST already included
Super Meat Boy and Binding of Isaac are the most common map inducing OST