forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Critical Dude
Just watched a short video on MHX's Hororohoruru (owl-looking monster) gameplay, that monster shall probably be my new favourite monster if MHX gets localised. However, the Nargacuga remains at the top of my list for now: "Gotta love them tail slams! : 3"

Until it gets localised I'm going to try and solo Apex Rajang and Shah Dalamadur. I feel like giving myself that challenge. 'And I pray that the time doesn't run out.'
-Maus-
Wanted to play with you guys, and so far I've only hunted with Pya, fkn timezones lol
PyaKura
The fact that GH got to meet Kojima-san and that other female producer really does feel like a win for the west. I mean nothing's been confirmed, but GH did get the message across, which is like the best thing that could happen during his trip to Sendai. Even if we end up not getting MHX in the west I feel like Kojima-san is more likely to pay even more attention to us. :)
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
PyaKura

Blazevoir wrote:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/03/monster-hunter-stories-details-its-battles-and-how-youll-bond-with-monsters/

Man... I really hope this game comes out over here...
You might want to look forward to it. Though I have to say this RPG does not really hypes me up :c

Also I've been doing level 140 GQ of all kinds, from the poor solo blue with a red crest punchingbag to double-Rajang with literally any bias and I just can't seem to find a decent relic weapon. How do those guys even get their 1720 raw GS with Edgemaster +5...

Edit : Amatsu is supposedly back in MHX. ALL OF MY YES.
-Maus-
Black fatty and pep squad/jojo palico are here

SONO CHI NO SADAME JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJO
NYARE NYARE DAZE
PyaKura
Is this the GX Hunter/Tempest DLC? If yes, W00T.
-Maus-
No GX hunter, but I think tempest's here

I want to make a full black fatty set, I fucking swear I get more pardons than any other messages
Ciunek

PyaKura wrote:

Edit : Amatsu is supposedly back in MHX. ALL OF MY YES.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I love that monster, even though p3rd was so freaking easy. I hope MHX is out in the west soon.
-Maus-
The only thing happening soon is MHX's release in Japan first of all
PyaKura
Yeah but MH4U had quite a success in the west so we can always hope.

@Blazevoir : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk9TqmDK3C0
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Hmm... So nothing really new so far...
PyaKura
The new videos featuring every Hunting Arts and Styles. *drools*

I really told myself I would not play GS in MHX if it ever comes to the west, but after what they've shown... Bushido GS looks like some crazy shit, charging up to level 3 in a second after an evade. Focus being mandatory might just not be a thing anymore with this. That or level 3 Aerial Style charge which charges up extremely fast as well... Not too sure about Striker Style. I mean, a temporary buff that deals a ton of damage on your next attack? Man, that sounds great, but as long as I don't know how much damage increase there is I'm not that convinced compared to the other options.

.... and I really wanted to main SA D:
PyaKura
Monster Hunter X Complete Weapon Showcases (w/ commentary by GH) :

SnS and DB
GS and LS
Hammer and HH
Lance and GL
SA and CB
IG and LBG
Bow and HBG

THE
HYPE
IS
REAL

So many Bow improvements, I really want to get into it now. Wait, and SA too. And GS. And LBG. And LS. And SnS. And DB. And Lance.

dghisèfiluyvodfuvhv
PyaKura
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Honestly, I'm kinda more hyped for this /o/
PyaKura

Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
^ Wat
Critical Dude
Lol

Also:

So much freaking hype!
PyaKura
Playing as a Palico is definitely super cute xD

Bushido style really looks promising as well. I am not sure if you successfully trigger it, you become completely invincible for the attack you've just dodged or if you can still be hit by it afterwards if you end up still being in that attack's hitbox (I.e.: straight beam attacks, AoE over time attacks, this kinda stuff). Either way, cool stuff. The more they show the more I want Kojima-san to make an announce for a western release.

Also GH took a picture of what seems to be an official MHX guide which has been localized in English (and not Engrish at all), as far as translating monsters' and styles' names with names sounding legit.
Azure_Kite
We'll have to see. I hope the localization doesn't wait a year or so for Monster Hunter Cross Ultimate, otherwise I might just have to import ><
PyaKura
So...

Amatsu is back

HELL YES.
PyaKura
@Blazevoir

The graphics are really cute actually and I like how they've reused some animations from the main series haha
Not a huge fan of the battle mechanics but let's see how it turns out. It does look interesting.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I'm aware of what the battle mechanics were even before this video. Either way... WE'RE GONNA GET THIS GAME TOO, RIGHT?! ;~;
Kernaus
Just saw this topic, i had to post something.

I'm an old MH2G player, i still play it on my PSP from time to time, and i'm currently waiting for MHO to come out in europe (I WANT TO BELIEVE).

Main weapon is Lance, but i can also play GS or DB depending on the boss i have to fight, my favorite boss is probably the Nargacuga, i love fighting him without armor, kek.

I don't have the newer games cause i don't have the consoles for them and i don't want to buy one just for ONE game
PyaKura
Haha, yeah, if any of their PC games comes out here I'll gladly pick it up. Heard it was a shitton more grindy than the main series though. And they don't have CB and IG :p
Ciunek
Seeing MHX trailer made me feel so nostalgic, all those 2nd and 3rd gen monsters absent in 4U. Also absolutely hyped for Amatsu, I miss that WoooOOOOOooooOOooo so much. Hope this game has a G-rank, without Capcom having us wait for MHXG or whatever.
-Maus-
Iirc it was already confirmed to have only high and low rank
Ciunek
Well that blows. Expecting same thing as MH4 then. First JP only and then G rank with worldwide release.
-Maus-
I hope that happens if we actually get #MHXForTheWest :F
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Dat parasol (at least, for me).
-Maus-
Snek urgent plis
Nekomurder
Your favorite weapon is the best weapon; and your favorite monster is the best monster.

switch axe is better than your favorite weapon though
PyaKura
ha who even plays sa

gotta admit I wish I could play SA ;-;
-Maus-
I wish I had a big willi ;~;
Nekomurder

PyaKura wrote:

ha who even plays sa

gotta admit I wish I could play SA ;-;
What problems are you having with SA? I find it fairly simple to play.

Transformau5 wrote:

I wish I had a big willi ;~;
SA users all have big willies :)
PyaKura
I have trouble with my timing. I can't figure out how long each of the SA's attack animations will take so I often try to hit more than I should. It's in that spot with medium length attack animations I have trouble with (same goes for LS and the DB combos. Never actually tried to play CB but I think I'd have the same issue). I main GS and I play around a lot with SnS/E.Lance which are good for me because the GS involves a single hit prediction and the other two are extremely flexible weapons with fast attack animations.
Nekomurder

PyaKura wrote:

I have trouble with my timing. I can't figure out how long each of the SA's attack animations will take so I often try to hit more than I should. It's in that spot with medium length attack animations I have trouble with (same goes for LS and the DB combos. Never actually tried to play CB but I think I'd have the same issue). I main GS and I play around a lot with SnS/E.Lance which are good for me because the GS involves a single hit prediction and the other two are extremely flexible weapons with fast attack animations.
I've mained GS for the same amount of hunts as I have with SA. But timing SA hits isn't all that hard and there's not really much of a secret trick to it or anything, just practice. How many hunts have you taken the SA on? It might be that you're just really novice with it. CB either has short attacks or GS-length attacks.
PyaKura
Around 60 quests done with SA versus 1200+ with GS so yeah...

The issue is I don't know if I hit enough times to deal meaningful damage so I often overcommit and end up being sent flying. My SA is a Power Phial one so I'm often using the Sword mode and use X (forward double-chop) then A (horizontal slash with a step back) to DPS, and the other moves occasionally. As you know the downside is the very low-mobility so I'm thinking about making an armor set with evade extender to help with that.

I guess it's just a matter of playing more to get an accurate feeling of the weapon lol.
Nekomurder

PyaKura wrote:

Around 60 quests done with SA versus 1200+ with GS so yeah...

The issue is I don't know if I hit enough times to deal meaningful damage so I often overcommit and end up being sent flying. My SA is a Power Phial one so I'm often using the Sword mode and use X (forward double-chop) then A (horizontal slash with a step back) to DPS, and the other moves occasionally. As you know the downside is the very low-mobility so I'm thinking about making an armor set with evade extender to help with that.

I guess it's just a matter of playing more to get an accurate feeling of the weapon lol.
Yeah, it's a matter of playing more often with SA to get better.
Just keep in mind that power phial axes aren't the only ones, even if it's not power phial, it can still be good. Axe mode can be just as strong as sword mode if you use it properly, and don't worry about hitting enough to deal meaningful damage; just worry about hitting it and not getting hit. For maximum DPS if you really need to worry for that, your current method is fine. But if a monster's going to be down for a while, go into axe mode, press X+A for the upward swing, then start mashing A, and just before it gets up, press R for a huge damage finisher, and R again if you want to switch right into sword mode.
show more