MikuCirnoTouhou
Sign me up :D
leepdesu
Ayy looks like I'll be joining too
Topic Starter
InsaneToe

StephOsu wrote:

sign me up (would want to confirm the time first though
That's perfectly fine. It seems people really want to join but are concerned with time. I'm preparing the time as we speak.

KuranteMelodii wrote:

Is nofail will be on?
No fail will be on.

Sniverre235 wrote:

Man...I'd want to join too but I need to know the time
EDIT: I had not confirmed that I wanted to join yet...Let me test my dodging fruit skills first..
Do not worry I'm gonna mark [Maybe] next to people that are awaiting for the time.
MBomb
I'll sign up I guess ;)
FABninja
Count me in! ;)
Flanster
Sign me up anyway, if i cant make it, oh well :(
TehDragonGuy
Sign me up, but I'm not certain I'll be able to play (although I probably will be able to) depending on the times of matches.
kipp
All we have to do is miss? Im in bb
Az0Te
Really fun idea ! ^^
Sign me up !! :D
Dark Freyja
Hey ! W8 I'm coming up !
Topic Starter
InsaneToe
I have updated everyone and have added another rule for the game. I'm figuring the date and time out now, and I have the mapools done I'm going to post them in just a few minutes. :)
Sorceress
6. IMPORTANT: Sitting on the side of the map is against the rules. After 3 seconds there you will gain double your points for every second you stay there AFTER 3 seconds.
Hmm, how exactly do you plan to enforce this rule? Sounds like it could get a bit complicated to enforce clearly.
shp
I might as well join, sign me up.
Topic Starter
InsaneToe

TomTheWizard wrote:

6. IMPORTANT: Sitting on the side of the map is against the rules. After 3 seconds there you will gain double your points for every second you stay there AFTER 3 seconds.
Hmm, how exactly do you plan to enforce this rule? Sounds like it could get a bit complicated to enforce clearly.
Well I was just making a point that it won't be enjoyable if you just stay in the corner hoping you don't catch one. So, there will be referees spectating making sure that if the person is there, they aren't just sitting there for more than 3 seconds. As for the "After 3 seconds there you will gain double your points for every second you stay there," the person who is refereeing will see they are sitting there for 3 seconds, and so will count until that person moves, thus leaving them with double the points times however long they sat there. I can see where it can get confusing and where it could be complicated to enforce. I plan to polish it out by time the tournament starts.
leepdesu

TomTheWizard wrote:

Why not choose maps that covers the whole screen and staying at the side wouldn't be effective at all? Idk just a suggestion :c
Topic Starter
InsaneToe

-LeeP- wrote:

Why not choose maps that covers the whole screen and staying at the side wouldn't be effective at all? Idk just a suggestion :c
I mean you have a point there. I have chosen a few maps that do just that. But no matter what I've looked at really hard songs and most still have a small amount of time where you can still sit in the corner for at least 5-6 seconds.
Pew_old_1
I'll join
-Visceral-
I'm I'm xD
nya10
I'm in (maybe, since I'm pretty unsure about my free time uh)
Vhy
mmh count me in.
Keihyan
let me sign up!
Steffen
SIGN ME RIGHT THE FCK UP :D
Isla-
Sign me up pls X3
Minalinsky-
Sign me up! :D
Cant play HR
Sign me up aswell :D
Topic Starter
InsaneToe
Hello everyone. So I've been changing my schedule around trying to find time for Round 1 to take place (Hence why I have not put a time and date down yet). However, I've been thinking about a time and date but I want everyone's opinion on it. The time format I will be using is UTC for everyone to calculate their time. I will list a site right here in case you don't know how to convert. ---> http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc

Now regarding the time is what I want to get an idea from everyone. I want to begin Round 1 next weekend. Saturday to be exact. Now the time I was thinking somewhere between 7 UTC and 11 UTC. That's where I'm wanting your opinion on where in that time frame it should start. Now I know some people wont be able to make it and that's very unfortunate to hear. If you can't make it within that time then just message me and I'll take you off the list and then maybe you can make it next time. I wish my schedule was a tad bit more flexible but right now with my job, it's not giving me any time to stretch for you all. I really want this to work so 7 - 11 UTC will be around like 4 - 5 am for me and I'm pretty sure I'll have to work that day. But I'm still going to do it.

I'm going to leave a link for everyone to vote and see when it should start and I'll give it say 2 days from the time this is posted for the votes. Again I'm sorry if this is not within your schedule and it's okay if you can't make it. I'll gladly have you back for the next one. So with that being said best of luck dodging. ;)

VOTE:
http://www.strawpoll.me/5523445
Evrien
Can I commentate for this? :D
Raen

About this...wouldnt people just abuse this and camp on the side? I mean if you have 0 points....0 times 2 is, well 0. So does it double your end score for each second? Or instantaneously....please explain this o.o
Topic Starter
InsaneToe

NoBodyYouKnow0 wrote:

About this...wouldnt people just abuse this and camp on the side? I mean if you have 0 points....0 times 2 is, well 0. So does it double your end score for each second? Or instantaneously....please explain this o.o
Hmm it does seem you have a valid point there. I didn't think of that. Think it should be a DQ instead?
Topic Starter
InsaneToe

Evrien wrote:

I didn't think about anyone commentating. Hmm I guess I can try streaming it, but I don't have tournament client and with the date I chose it would be too soon to get it. So I'll have to spectate to do it. So I'm guessing yeah if you're available and want to commentate then sure. :)
Minalinsky-
Hope i can in to the tournament..
kipp
When you stay on the side of the screen, unless you don't move a fruit will eventually fall on you, its just that those two sides are the places where fruits fall the least
Topic Starter
InsaneToe

Koolaidminah wrote:

When you stay on the side of the screen, unless you don't move a fruit will eventually fall on you, its just that those two sides are the places where fruits fall the least
True but staying on the sides takes the fun out of dodge the fruit.
leepdesu

Evrien wrote:

"This is a very close match and both competitors have not yet taken a single fruit. It looks like it's gonn- OH! NobodyYouKnow0 caught one fruit! I THINK THIS IS IT FELLAS! "

Could be interesting.
Topic Starter
InsaneToe

-LeeP- wrote:

Evrien wrote:

"This is a very close match and both competitors have not yet taken a single fruit. It looks like it's gonn- OH! NobodyYouKnow0 caught one fruit! I THINK THIS IS IT FELLAS! "

Could be interesting.
HAHAHA I think it's gonna be a different kind of commentary than most people are used to.
Topic Starter
InsaneToe

Minalinsky- wrote:

I put you down but there is no gurantee that you'll be in the tournament. :( I have you on the list for if someone entered cannot make it and informs me before the start of the tournament I use who's on this list to put in there spot. So just maybe you can get it. :) If not I hope you'll enter for the next one that I have.
TehDragonGuy
If UTC = GMT, then I'm in. That should be absolutely no problem to me.
Topic Starter
InsaneToe
Okay so the votes are saying 11 UTC. Now will that be 11+UTC? or 11 for Universal Central Time? I can do either as my schedule has cleared up for Saturday. When I was talking about the time I think I may have put it wrong making it sound as if we should start on the time of 11+UTC when I was actually talking about 11 UTC (Aka. Universal Central Time/ Yes not UTC but whatever). I can do 11+UTC if that's what everyone was wanting. I made the mistake writing that so if that is what everyone wanted then that'll be it. Let me know. :)
Minalinsky-

InsaneToe wrote:

Minalinsky- wrote:

I put you down but there is no gurantee that you'll be in the tournament. :( I have you on the list for if someone entered cannot make it and informs me before the start of the tournament I use who's on this list to put in there spot. So just maybe you can get it. :) If not I hope you'll enter for the next one that I have.
Okay then.. DickyPS and Minalinsky- are same i just change username yesterday :D
TehDragonGuy

InsaneToe wrote:

Okay so the votes are saying 11 UTC. Now will that be 11+UTC? or 11 for Universal Central Time? I can do either as my schedule has cleared up for Saturday. When I was talking about the time I think I may have put it wrong making it sound as if we should start on the time of 11+UTC when I was actually talking about 11 UTC (Aka. Universal Central Time/ Yes not UTC but whatever). I can do 11+UTC if that's what everyone was wanting. I made the mistake writing that so if that is what everyone wanted then that'll be it. Let me know. :)
You've confused me. By 11+UTC, do you mean from 11 UTC onwards? If so, I'm not going to be able to, as I won't be able after around 11 on Saturdays. Sorry :)
show more