forum

How many hours a day do you recommend to be necessary?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Feylos
Since I started highschool, I've had so little time, that I haven't been able to play... But now that I'm getting into the swing of things...
How many hours do you recommend a day to be necessary?
I can probably fit a max of 3 hours per day.... but what do you think is necessary to maintain good skill, while gaining some?
Sorry if this seems like a pointless question...
Yuudachi-kun
Topic Starter
Feylos

Khelly wrote:

Wow, max I can do... Thank you!
Endaris
At least 45min, better 1 to 1,5h, otherwise you won't be in your full form.
It's also not necessary to play every day. Imo you're fine if you're doing 1h per day on average while playing at least on 4 days per week.
Yuudachi-kun
2-4 hours everyday without missing a day ever and constantly using that time to get better rather than dicking around.
Topic Starter
Feylos

Endaris wrote:

At least 45min, better 1 to 1,5h, otherwise you won't be in your full form.
It's also not necessary to play every day. Imo you're fine if you're doing 1h per day on average while playing at least on 4 days per week.
Well, I'm rusty as heck.... you know what 18 days without playing does to you?

I might actually do 2 hours.
Endaris
I don't know, after I came back from a 17 months break I was able to pick up where I left(I was pretty bad back then though xD).
I also make unplanned breaks of multiple days(or map/chat/spec instead of playing), sometimes reaching into double-digits not playing. Doesn't hurt me at all tbh.
Khelly is just talking about the effort you have to make if you want to be 1k within 6 months or a year.
Saranghae_old_1
I would have to say it's better to play in spurts rather than consistently playing for 3 hours or more.
I mean, you wouldn't want to strain your eyes, or even hurt yourself. That's what I would do, but you know yourself better than I do. :)
pandaBee
1.5-2 hour sessions minimum I'd say. You could get away with the occasional .5-1 hour session if you plan accordingly.

2-2.5 hour is where I hit significant diminishing returns. Everyone is different though so keep an eye on how your improvement is correlated with the time you put in and how you play.
Topic Starter
Feylos

Honey Mango wrote:

I would have to say it's better to play in spurts rather than consistently playing for 3 hours or more.
I mean, you wouldn't want to strain your eyes, or even hurt yourself. That's what I would do, but you know yourself better than I do. :)
For me, my eyes practically never get strained.... unless I'm short on sleep. Thanks for the advice though :)
Topic Starter
Feylos

pandaBee wrote:

1.5-2 hour sessions minimum I'd say. You could get away with the occasional .5-1 hour session if you plan accordingly.
2-2.5 hour is where I hit significant diminishing returns. Everyone is different though so keep an eye on how your improvement is correlated with the time you put in and how you play.
I'll have to keep track, because I have no idea when I hit that diminishing returns point. This really helps.
Topic Starter
Feylos

Endaris wrote:

I don't know, after I came back from a 17 months break I was able to pick up where I left(I was pretty bad back then though xD).
I also make unplanned breaks of multiple days(or map/chat/spec instead of playing), sometimes reaching into double-digits not playing. Doesn't hurt me at all tbh.
Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
KanoSet
2~3 hours per day are perfectly fine
Mash
If I get a play I'll easily be on for 3 to 4 hours because I feel motivated but if I do bad I just go on in sessions and play songs from my to do list.
OzzyOzrock
do what i did when i first joined

6 HOURS A DAY BABY

then after becoming relevant you leave of course
I Give Up
Dedicate an entire afternoon 6 hours at least to playing osu, even better if whole day. Then you really only need to play about 30 min during each other day while hand recover. Ideally you should play as much as you can, but this works for me. I pick Friday night and following Saturday morning for my osu session and take nap in-between then keep playing till I get sleep again around afternoon. But you can always rotate your osu session around if you're really creative with your time-table. But don't miss the 30 minute each day it is very important. Good luck
pandaBee
That satanic post count.
Minhtam
You can play as many hours a day as you want. It's the length of the sessions that matter. You should play no more than 3 hours a session, else you risk a potential hand injury that will render you unable to play the game. You'll need to take at least an approximately 90 minute break if you plan to do another session later on in the day.
Risa
I usually spend abt 6+ hours each day on every fri, sat and sunday and not play at all on other days of the week. Worked fine for me. And i did it in 3 sessions of 2+ hours each day since it gets tiring.
I Give Up

pandaBee wrote:

That satanic post count.
I stop at 777 :lol:
ZenithPhantasm
PM
LO
AR
YE
Pituophis
I play 3.5 hours maximum. Usually 1 - 2 hours a day. Maybe this is why I suck at this game. Or I just suck at this game.
Nathaniel
Personally, I think the game isn't completely revolved around skill. I'd say that you should just have fun playing the game, and you'll just get better than you currently are. All I say is that you should play at least maybe an hour once every few days, so you can keep a constant pace of skill increase.
Jon
I wouldn't recommend this much play, but on Mon-Thurs I usually do my homework (an hour or so) then proceed to play for around 2 hours.

On Friday, I usually play 4-6 hours with friends. But on Sat I play at most 9 hours (yeah alot i know) and Sundays it depends.
strenu
just play until you stop having fun, but you get better everytime u play even it doesn't feel like it.
StephOsu

strenu wrote:

just play until you stop having fun
this
and sometimes it ends up with me playing it for 16 hours straight
on other day i get bored after 2~3 songs rofl
Rilene
Play till you quit the game and go insane.

At least 4 completed plays.