forum

MBC #11 2015 osu!mania only (Oct. 6th new deadline)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Hello everyone! It's time for the next MBC for the game mode osu!mania and as always we are searching for volunteers who want to be judges for this contest.

Like in the previous contests, if you are interested in judging make sure you will have enough free time to look over the entries in a timely fashion! More information will follow when everything has been set up.

Current Judges:
Zenx
Blocko
ExPew

Contest announcement page:
https://osu.ppy.sh/news/127344497068
Yuii-
Juankristal, we want you <3
Evening
count me in =)

( i'm assuming this is all keys )
Blocko
It's time.

Count me in, please!
ExPew
going to take part

for the quality
Zan-
what a time.

hope will get best judge.
good luck.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
PMs are sended out! I am waiting for the replay of the possible volunteers.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
The judges are confirmed!
ztrot
due to lack of submissions as there is only one with only 11 days remaining we have cancelled this one for the one person that submitted a mapset we will give them a month of supporter for effort.
Evening
pretty sure some people plan to submit close to the deadline..?
OzzyOzrock
I would assume most usually do... from my experience
ZiRoX
Yeah, on the CtB one I didn't submit until the last day, hue.
Akasha-
i planned to submits on Sep 27th, which mean the last Sunday i get free
how it's been cancelled? 11 days is 11 days, you still need to wait until it's ended, and then you can give the last decisions
Gravey-
Dang! How sad i was aiming for that Elite mapper title tho' :c //runs
Bara-
O.o
Seeing something like this surprised me
Never knew this would happen, like ever
Irreversible
Why would something get cancelled at this point.. well w/e.
Arzenvald
:C sad.. 2 diffs to go before submission..
Stefan
11 days are a still fairly long time to map, finish and/or submit entries. You could've just wait until deadline and if there was still one entry then I'd go ahead skipping the judging phase but this looks very unfair to the community.

People already said about submitting during the last days, and in the German Mapping Contest the entries were submitted at the last day(s), so it's a common waiting game. :P

Also I see the issue people might submit their entries earlier than they actually wanted, to prevent another cancellation of a mapping contest and people shouldn't be forced to upload their work so early. Else we don't need four weeks but less.
Flanster
Oh wow, it got cancelled.. that was a surprise.
Akasha-
I hope it'll have a replaces contest as next
Loctav
I find cancelling the contest at this point stupid and I will follow that up.
Secretpipe

Stefan wrote:

People already said about submitting during the last days, and in the German Mapping Contest the entries were submitted at the last day(s), so it's a common waiting game. :P
Loctav
I followed that up and the submissions are still open and we will wait until the submission due expires before making such a final call.
Yuii-
Are you going to add to the expiration date the 7 days that were lost? It'd be kinda "fair" for the participants.
Bara-
Good to see this happened
Loctav
The submissions were never closed
ZiRoX

Loctav wrote:

The submissions were never closed
Yeah, but this forum is visible to all users. Considering this isn't a really active subforum, any post on this thread may have appeared on the index as the last post. That's, in fact, how I first noticed that this was cancelled. On that basis, I think 3-4 extra days (maybe closing on Oct 2nd, a friday) would compensate users that stopped mapping because they read about the MBC being cancelled.

And probably interested mappers spreaded the word.
Irreversible
Well, adding 7 days is only fair in my opinion, because it was ztrot who "inofficially" closed it, and since he's staff people probably relied on that.
Kibbleru

Irreversible wrote:

Well, adding 7 days is only fair in my opinion, because it was ztrot who "inofficially" closed it, and since he's staff people probably relied on that.
show more