forum

Sonoda Umi v1.5 [Standard] UPDATE 16 March 2015

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Minhtam

This is my first created skin ever! For all intents and purposes, this is a completed skin for osu! standard, but I am willing to receive any and all kinds of feedback on this skin, and I will make updates to this skin every so often so that we end up with a perfect playable skin for all players!

Skin is optimized for 1280x720 (SD) play.

16 March 2016 - v1.5

• 1. Five more Umi Combo Bursts! That makes 20 total! Just like the previous version, 10 will already be available in the main folder, while the others can be found in the Alternative Parts folder. If you want to pick and choose your combo bursts (or use all 20), just copy the combo bursts you want onto the main folder. Please don't forget to renumber your Combo Burst files accordingly, should you wish to customize your Combo Burst rotation.
    2. As of 16 February 2016, a new menu style that requires a different set of mp3 files was implemented on stable. To accommodate for this, previous menu sound files have been removed from the main folder due to expired compatibility. The old menu sound files can still be found in the Alternative Parts Folder.
    3. Since there are no sound files, this skin will be using default menu sounds with the exception of pause-loop.mp3. (Wait too long on the pause screen mid-song and Umi will start complaining.)
    4. Combo Bursts and a Fruit Catcher have been added for Catch the Beat gameplay.
    5. A new Section Pass has been added.
Previous Versions
27 October 2015 - v1.4.1

• 1. Five new Umi Combo Bursts have been added, bringing the total number to 15. 10 Combo Bursts will already be available in the main folder, while the remaining 5 can be found in the Alternative Parts folder. You now have the option to use any number of Umi Combo Burst images, or all 15, by going into the Alternative Parts folder and copying the ones you want to use into your main folder. Please don't forget to renumber your Combo Burst files accordingly, should you wish to customize your Combo Burst rotation.
    2. Hit Circles and Approach Circles are now available in HD.
    3. A new Section Pass (both image and sound file) has been added to the Alternative Parts folder.
21 September 2015 - v1.4

• 1. The countdown to signal the start of a map is no longer silent. Instead, Umi asks how you are feeling during the ready screen, which is followed by the metronome from Love Live! School Idol Festival.
    2. For the Menu selection sounds, the Zenith has been replaced with the Xylophone. Both sets of menu selection sounds can also be found in the alternative folder.
    3. When selecting game mode, the mode icons now glow blue.
9 September 2015 - v1.3

• 1. The missing Target Practice mod option (selection-mod-target.png) has been added.
    2. In the previous version, the glow of score-0.png was noticeably cropped from the sides. All score numbers have been re-modified in this new version to remove the "cropped" appearance from the "0" score digit.
    3. To balance out the above, Score Overlap has been adjusted from 6 to 7.
30 August 2015 - v1.2

• 1. An "Alternate Parts" folder has been added, which includes several options for skin parts from previous versions. Players who prefer certain parts in older versions over others may now access the Alternative Parts folder and copy and paste what they want to use into the main skin folder.
    2. I finally found a good Umi soundbite for a sectionpass.wav file. That has now been added.
    3. There is a new welcome.wav ("Would you like to hang out with me?"). The previous one has been moved to the Alternative Parts folder.
    4. As suggested, the Ranking Panel has been upgraded to include an underwater background. The previous one has been moved to the Alternative Parts folder.
    5. selection-mods-over.png has been changed to be consistent with the other selection files.
24 August 2015 - v1.1

• 1. Scorebar Ki and Ki Dangers have been vertically realigned so that it is centered with the scorebar.
    2. Spinner no longer wobbles! It is now perfectly centered.
    3. Score numbers have been changed so that it no longer looks tall and lanky.
20 August 2015 - v1.0
Initial Release!

Thank you, Haskorion, for allowing me to use your Bubble Style HD skin as a reference to make my own! Check out Haskorion's Bubble Style HD skin here!

Thank you, Drespar, for allowing me to use the Hitsounds from your Tokisaki Kurumi skin! Check out Drespar's Date A Live skins here!

details
Used drum-hitclap.wav, drum-hitfinish.wav, drum-hitnormal.wav, drum-hitwhistle.wav, drum-sliderslide.wav, drum-slidertick.wav, drum-sliderwhistle.wav, normal-hitclap.wav, normal-hitclap2.wav, normal-hitclap3.wav, normal-hitfinish.wav, normal-hitnormal.wav, normal-hitwhistle.wav, normal-sliderslide.wav, normal-slidertick.wav, normal-slidertick2.wav, normal-sliderwhistle.wav, normal-sliderwhistle2.wav, soft-hitclap.wav, soft-hitclap2.wav, soft-hitclap3.wav, soft-hitfinish.wav, soft-hitnormal.wav, soft-hitnormal1.wav, soft-hitwhistle.wav, soft-sliderslide2.wav, soft-slidertick.wav, soft-slidertick2.wav, soft-sliderwhistle.wav

Shout out to the anonymous user who uploaded these beautiful image extracts from the Love Live! School Idol Festival game! This skin wouldn't be remotely possible without them! Also special thanks to llsif-audio @ tumblr for the audio extracts from said game! All those Umi quotes... (。♥‿♥。)
Haskorion
I feel bad for not remaking everything in PS for my Bubble Style Skin. Cause the minor quality differences betweeen GIMP and PS make this one look cleaner than mine.

Only thing I see is that the spinner wobbles.

Nice skin.
ProjectTrash
Looks nice. But I don't like the kidanger 'cause it doesn't fit very much with the scorebar. The score-numbers are looking... long and thin... Idk how to say this, just look at them..
OsuMe65
At least RainAid has the time to make a good Sonoda Umi as a part of his Love Live series

ProjectTrash wrote:

The score-numbers are looking... long and thin... Idk how to say this, just look at them..
Thin isn't bad but at least, it's humanly thin.
Topic Starter
Minhtam

ProjectTrash wrote:

Looks nice. But I don't like the kidanger 'cause it doesn't fit very much with the scorebar. The score-numbers are looking... long and thin... Idk how to say this, just look at them..
Alrighty then. The Ki Danger and score numbers have been readjusted with the release of version 1.1.
deadbeat
if you added some sort of sea effect to the ranking panel, it'd look so much better imo
also missing selection-mod.png :3
Topic Starter
Minhtam

deadbeat wrote:

if you added some sort of sea effect to the ranking panel, it'd look so much better imo
also missing selection-mod.png :3
Done and done. A new version has been uploaded implementing those changes and more.

deadbeat
that ranking panel looks so much better now :3

edit: please fix the download
Topic Starter
Minhtam

deadbeat wrote:

edit: please fix the download
The download links for v1.2 (both osk and zip) work fine on my end. I don't know what's going on. Should I just reupload what I have or attempt to zip the files again?
deadbeat
i'll check again soon

edit: ok yeah, it works. most of gone wrong on my end somehow. also noticed i wasn't very clear in my last post(my bad). selection-mod-target is missing :<
Topic Starter
Minhtam

deadbeat wrote:

edit: ok yeah, it works. most of gone wrong on my end somehow. also noticed i wasn't very clear in my last post(my bad). selection-mod-target is missing :<
Considering that I don't play Osu on a cutting edge build, I have no idea what selection-mod-target.png is supposed to look like. May I have an example screenshot so that I know what I'm dealing with?
deadbeat

like so?
silento
The piano sound got on me after a bit, but besides that I like it alot! Good job.
Topic Starter
Minhtam

deadbeat wrote:

like so?
Alright, Mr. Deadbeat, let's run it again, lol. Selection-mod-target has been added.
Haskorion
And he always wonders why this one particular element is missing when he holds back the new template skin with all mods included since months.
spicystew
I like the skin, it's nice and clean :)
Arief Santosa
Sonoda Umi :) thanks for this skin. Best!
Topic Starter
Minhtam
Skin has been updated once again with a few new parts.
deadbeat
i bet i missed something. oh well
BiiSalvatore
Love the skin, it's very well put together. If only I could find a good Kotori one now. I would make my own but for some stupid reason you can't export the default skin, and without exporting it I don't know what to name each file ;(
Topic Starter
Minhtam

BiiSalvatore wrote:

Love the skin, it's very well put together. If only I could find a good Kotori one now. I would make my own but for some stupid reason you can't export the default skin, and without exporting it I don't know what to name each file ;(
You can get the default skin at: t/129191 . You just need to manually export it into the osu! Skins folder using a shareware file program such as WinRAR. You can also use this page as a reference as well: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skinning
Topic Starter
Minhtam
For those of you who are interested, a "DLC" has been applied to v1.4.
_miu
oh boy, this looks interesting
Topic Starter
Minhtam
Welp, nothing like celebrating Umi's birthday with a long awaited update to my Umi skin. Details on OP.