forum

Catch the Beat General Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kingkevin30

Giorgos wrote:

Heeey, nice to see some other dinosaurs of CTB, my friend! :) Thank you!
I'm also here :3 Nice to see you back buddy
Giorgos

Kingkevin30 wrote:

Giorgos wrote:

Heeey, nice to see some other dinosaurs of CTB, my friend! :) Thank you!
I'm also here :3 Nice to see you back buddy
Greetings, my another ctb dinosaur friend, nice to see you too! :)
Zak
I wish I was around long enough to be considered one of the super old players
Seph
oh its a Giorgos
Giorgos

Zak wrote:

Well, in my opinion, it was fun to play in 2009-2011, because everyone had an equal chance to get #1 on maps, top players were tough at that time,but with some practice everything was possible :) Here is an example : https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=47686&m=2
I was the second man who made FC with no mods here, the first one was kenji, and we all would NEVER ever think, at that time, that someone will make not just Hidden, but Hidden+HR !!!
Now it's very hard to take #1's, because players became too strong, and ExGon has some kind of monopoly here, in my opinion, which I salute, I'd do the same if I could, and actually, for example, because of me and Louis long time ago many beginners quit this game, because we were taking all their places :) It was fun, it was exciting, and it became a motivation for many players to increase their in-game abilities and improve their skills :D Now I feel myself just like these guys, who gave up, because nothing is eternal and it's a normal thing, cause each era has it's own heroes - There was a talented HD+DT player mikhe (who spoiled himself and became a FL cheater, screw him), there was kenji, there was Darksoul, misa, LirsRosso (another cheater) and many many other players..then came joynama, then Shana, then Velperk - each of these guys had his own time but most of them quit now..I am proud to call myself a good old player and I hope that this monopoly will fall one day, and I hope, that there won't be any cheaters anymore :)
autofanboy

Giorgos wrote:

Well, in my opinion, it was fun to play in 2009-2011, because everyone had an equal chance to get #1 on maps, top players were tough at that time,but with some practice everything was possible :) Here is an example : https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=47686&m=2
I was the second man who made FC with no mods here, the first one was kenji, and we all would NEVER ever think, at that time, that someone will make not just Hidden, but Hidden+HR !!!
Now it's very hard to take #1's, because players became too strong, and ExGon has some kind of monopoly here, in my opinion, which I salute, I'd do the same if I could, and actually, for example, because of me and Louis long time ago many beginners quit this game, because we were taking all their places :) It was fun, it was exciting, and it became a motivation for many players to increase their in-game abilities and improve their skills :D Now I feel myself just like these guys, who gave up, because nothing is eternal and it's a normal thing, cause each era has it's own heroes - There was a talented HD+DT player mikhe (who spoiled himself and became a FL cheater, screw him), there was kenji, there was Darksoul, misa, LirsRosso (another cheater) and many many other players..then came joynama, then Shana, then Velperk - each of these guys had his own time but most of them quit now..I am proud to call myself a good old player and I hope that this monopoly will fall one day, and I hope, that there won't be any cheaters anymore :)
Yep, it is relatively easy to get #1s in the old days.

I remember I got like ~400 #1s back in 2010 and 2011, then I went afk for 8 months around 2013, and boom I lost like 300 #1s.
However it is not really important to play for #1s or pp but for fun.
Clara

Giorgos wrote:

Zak wrote:

yes, that`s true fact. so, i just play to enjoy in this game. when i like song is ranked only , then go to #1 in that map. (i saw one of the Legends ctb player ! )
Zak
I wouldn't say it's too hard to get a #1 these days, it's just hard to keep one because if you get a rank 1 with HD or HD+DT, you're always going to be worried if someone will take it with HR, which usually will happen eventually. Thankfully I use SS and score farming to motivate myself to keep playing, while still practicing hard maps here and there, I still get tons of enjoyment out of playing and I don't plan on quitting any time in the near future.

Also happened to do this last night..
And then Deif still kicked my ass lmao
Badis

Zak wrote:

I wouldn't say it's too hard to get a #1 these days, it's just hard to keep one because if you get a rank 1 with HD or HD+DT, you're always going to be worried if someone will take it with HR, which usually will happen eventually. Thankfully I use SS and score farming to motivate myself to keep playing, while still practicing hard maps here and there, I still get tons of enjoyment out of playing and I don't plan on quitting any time in the near future.

o you too you fc this map on multi xD
Fl4ndre Scarlet
Hello guys.

Giorgos wrote:

Zak wrote:

I'm 2012/13 era player instead
Good to see you old guy
autofanboy
huehue im 2011-2013 + 2014-2015
Laharl

119410501 wrote:

I'm 2012/13 era player instead
Good to see you old guy
'11-'13 player as well. More '11-'12 than '11-'13 actually.

Things were really fun back then - now they aren't anymore.
SuuYaa

ztrot wrote:

Welcome to the CTB General discussion thread, here you can talk about all things CtB!

Golden Rule
When posting scores or showing screenshots be sure to spoiler box all images before posting and of course remember keep things SFW! Also make sure not to spam needless posts. Have fun!

SPOILER
Make sure you use these!
Zak
Okay?
-Sh1n1-
Ohh please SuuYaa -,- u're so bored, remenber is good :)
autofanboy
wot
Saranghae_old_1

Zak wrote:

You are my motivation to keep playing.
Dianthus

Honey Mango wrote:

You are my motivation to keep playing.
Spec/NoteKuroi + Crystal's (CLSW's) maps here. x) Also, so is keeping country #1, but nobody really plays here anyway, so I don't have to worry about that.
Laharl

Hedgeturtle wrote:

Also, so is keeping country #1, but nobody really plays here anyway, so I don't have to worry about that.
That looks like quite the challenge.
Dianthus

Laharl wrote:

Hedgeturtle wrote:

Also, so is keeping country #1, but nobody really plays here anyway, so I don't have to worry about that.
That looks like quite the challenge.
Not sure if sarcastic or not. The last time I had to worry about anything was about 7-8 months ago, just before Sylphia decided to stop playing CtB and got hooked on Standard.

Anyway, there is only one guy who might get (or even might be) ahead of me, but he is currently banned/in jail or something. Has been there for nearly two years now, so I really don't know. :D

And right now, I feel like even if I were to disappear for like 8-9 months (got mandatory basic military training coming up soon, can't really be active), nobody would still be playing near my level (still talking about Estonians). Sounds very conceited, but is actually a very sad reality. x(
PakaChan

Hedgeturtle wrote:

And right now, I feel like even if I were to disappear for like 8-9 months (got mandatory basic military training coming up soon, can't really be active), nobody would still be playing near my level (still talking about Estonians). Sounds very conceited, but is actually a very sad reality. x(
Idk, hyperw7 HRed calamity ~10 months after he started playing. Who knows what can happen in the next 8-9 months.
jodigga
Lol Dakkychan fced big black after 8 months after he started
Dianthus

PakaChan wrote:

Hedgeturtle wrote:

Idk, hyperw7 HRed calamity ~10 months after he started playing. Who knows what can happen in the next 8-9 months.
True, true. Would be nice if some CTB god(s) suddenly appeared in Estonia. x)
Shurelia
It's been 3 years since i held my first osu! Birthday at here.

Things getting old.
RAMPAGE88
really pissed off

but I swear to FC

Kagari
Hi
i'm new here :D
VelperK
hi and welcome. enjoy your stay, kagari

this is kind of dead, isn't it? #statingtheobvious
Granger
The ctb community is like a zombie, dead yet refusing to go into the grave. :p
RAMPAGE88

VelperK wrote:

hi and welcome. enjoy your stay, kagari

this is kind of dead, isn't it? #statingtheobvious
Oh man .. I miss you
Actually we all miss you
Arctic
maybe more people will play ctb some day.
DxNightwave

Tiensei wrote:

maybe more people will play ctb some day.
One can always Hope : )
Zak
Fun fact: CtB is the most played mode in the entire game

I'm not even joking, we just have the smallest vocal community.
CLSW
ExGon and some other star players make good entertaining records for CtB, and it makes CtB pretty famous imo.
As Zak said, just community is too small.

okay time to map more entertaining maps
CelegaS
I have a problem with stream jump, for exemple in a 1/8 stream i will try to dash on 1/4 fruits and hdash are on 1/8 fruits. I'm doing that on fast stream like in "everything will freeze" by clsw because i dont see when i should dash so i hear the sond and i dash to the next 2 fruits group too early. Idk how i can fix this. I will be able to upload a screenshot monday.
dewero

Zak wrote:

How do you know this?
Zak

dewero wrote:

Zak wrote:

How do you know this?
Actual data provided by staff
dewero
Any possibility of sharing? Sounds like really interesting info
iiyo
I had a super spooky nightmare last night that I was falling and right below me was a fruit catcher
Zak
I can't share the data as I don't have access to it, I was merely told about it.
show more