forum

hover or drag?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NalaCat_old
Some say hover and some say drag, what do you guys say? (I'm talking about tablets)
Mahogany
I say it's a matter of preference, but personally I hover.
kirueggy
I don't use a tablet for osu! but I drag whenever I draw on PaintTool SAI. Hovering to me, at least, feels less accurate since dragging is pretty much the same as drawing with a pencil on paper
Ikikaera
Do whatever feels the most comfortable to you. Doing anything uncomfortable makes you unable to focus on anything.
So just play a bit around and find what suits you the best.
Bweh
Moved to G&R

I used to tap everything since that meant snapping to every single note, but the downside is that it engages a complex movement that jerks you to a certain point. It's effective for what it does, but can be very taxing and sometimes hard to coordinate with the keyboard.

Never dragged; too much friction. I bet it'd be better with a smaller active area.

Hovering is nice since it requires a very simple movement and also allows you to adjust your movement, approximating the right distance as you go along. Real nice for patterns with equal distance snap, though I prefer tapping otherwise.
chainpullz
Dragging can wear out nibs a lot faster but that's pretty much the only difference it makes.
Infevo
I drag for streams and sliders.
I hover to cover distance in between jumps and tend to hover spaced streams.

Other than that my pen nib makes brief contact with the tablet surface every snap.
Topic Starter
NalaCat_old
I think i'm getting a huion. What happens if i use ALL of my nibs?
chainpullz
Buy 4 more for like $10 or something. Usually it takes a few months to wear away one with dragging. I think dustice drags and has something he does to combat nib issues but cant remember offhand.
Yuudachi-kun

Mahogany wrote:

I say it's a matter of preference, but personally I hover.
otoed1
Whatever is comfortable.
ZenithPhantasm
Tapping provides the best of both worlds
E m i

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Fapping provides the best of both worlds
StephOsu

Momiji wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

OT : why not both?
ZenithPhantasm

Momiji wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

8-)
Shinobi
I myself hover. 1 reason for this is i'm afraid the nib will wear down fast xD I prefer hovering too, i find it easier.
ZenithPhantasm

Shinobi wrote:

I myself hover. 1 reason for this is i'm afraid the nib will wear down fast xD I prefer hovering too, i find it easier.
If you're afraid of your nib wearing down consider buying a felt tip nib.
Diony
I used to hover, but dragging helped me improve slightly.
Risa
I use full area so dragging is no...
Infevo

Reset- wrote:

I use full area so dragging is no...
highly depends on your pen grip, your hand size and your technique as well.
A Medic
I drag because it feels more natural to me. I can't hover to save my life.