forum

osu! All-Star [Winner: SPD]

posted
Total Posts
show more
fartownik

-Ryosuke wrote:

NoMod:
Nanjo Yoshino x Kayano Ai (as Shirabe Tsukuyomi x Kirika Akatsuki) - Edge Works of Goddess ZABABA [Death Melody] by blissfulyoshi
Susumu Hirasawa - SWITCHED-ON LOTUS [KIRBY Mix Deluxe] by starrodkirby86

FreeMod:
Warak - REANIMATE [LV. 10.1] by Amamiya Yuko
SAVE THE QUEEN - EX-Termination [Combustion] by Jenny
AmaiHachimitsu
I hereby submit a request for
SAVE THE QUEEN - EX-Termination
to be removed from the mappool.

This is not about taste anymore (it has never been), the maps for a tournament have some agreed rules and a map which has 1 (one) part that is 10x harder than the rest is unacceptable.
Another failure is a 500~ ish combo ZABABA map.
Apart from that, the difficulty spread is extremely diversed. I know you can't make all the maps equally difficult, but for god's sake, find me a player who thinks that SWITCHED-ON LOTUS (5yo map with 15 FCs in history) is easier to FC (WHICH IS A PRIORITY IN A TOURNAMENT) than, let's say, Recommended Spell.
I'm inclined to think this is just pickers trolling and laughing behind the scenes now.
Kotayo

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

This is not about taste anymore (it has never been), the maps for a tournament have some agreed rules and a map which has 1 (one) part that is 10x harder than the rest is unacceptable.
Apart from that, the difficulty spread is extremely diversed. I know you can't make all the maps equally difficult, but for god's sake, find me a player who thinks that SWITCHED-ON LOTUS (5yo map with 15 FCs in history) is easier to FC (WHICH IS A PRIORITY IN A TOURNAMENT) than, let's say, Recommended Spell.
I'm inclined to think this is just pickers trolling and laughing behind the scenes now.
switched on lotus isn't as hard as you make it out to be here, i promise you if it was AR9 everyone would have FC'ed it and there's probably a lot of people that can FC it that hasn't because they just simply haven't played it

we're gonna try to replace all 3 of the maps though

and honestly how did i even pass that ZABABA map wtf
AmaiHachimitsu

Kotayo wrote:

switched on lotus isn't as hard as you make it out to be here, i promise you if it was AR9 everyone would have FC'ed it and there's probably a lot of people that can FC it that hasn't because they just simply haven't played it
ok that solved the problem
Nezzar

Kotayo wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

bro at least ex-termination... at least in none but not fm... please... QAQ
Evrien

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I would like to support Amai in this case. Certain maps this round don't seem fit, and I particularly abhor the Switched-on Lotus map as well. I've seen other players voicing discontent for a few picks, too. In a setting where players are not allowed to ban maps, this particularly strains their playing strategy, and I think it's actually counter-intuitive to test players' real skills.

Heck, why not just put in a EZ pool and call an esoteric set of skills such as that a part of the test too? And even EZ is less esoteric than Kirby mods and Ex-termination, just saying
Evrien

Kotayo wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Thank you Kotayo <3
Kotayo
writing this because ryosuke isn't at computer atm

ZABABA replaced by ---> mafumafu - Revenge Syndrome [Death]
EX-Termination replaced by ---> Neru - Ningen Shikkaku [Posthumous]
we're gonna make an AR9 version for switched on lotus
Prophet
I still want to keep the ar8 map. However changing it to ar9 is the decision of the whole map selecting group, so there's nothing much I want to say.
And the combustion is a obviously a mistake, I really apologize for that.
wasisdasS

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

find me a player who thinks that SWITCHED-ON LOTUS (5yo map with 15 FCs in history) is easier to FC (WHICH IS A PRIORITY IN A TOURNAMENT) than, let's say, Recommended Spell
where do I sign
Nezzar

wasisdasS wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

find me a player who thinks that SWITCHED-ON LOTUS (5yo map with 15 FCs in history) is easier to FC (WHICH IS A PRIORITY IN A TOURNAMENT) than, let's say, Recommended Spell
where do I sign
Kappa as a 6-year old player i'd like to sign also
Topic Starter
-Ryosuke
Edited mappool is now available in the second post. Mappack will be available asap.

also,

Matches' results
Nowy Extra M-mo-monitor 1 - 4 A-95 https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18579907
Wpierdol Gaming Rebirth 1 - 5 burstlimit https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18581307
Hidden Double Rock 0 - 5 #arsecrackers https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18581025
SPD 5 - 0 Eden https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18582252
Where are we? 4 - 3 osutakus - https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18590891
Faplords 420 1 - 4 Cloud OD9 - https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18592454
Our Aim Sucks 4 - 3 Shiro Pantsu https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18593415
Cloud OD9 4 - 5 Eden https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18599458
Ghosts 1 - 5 AntiBeat https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18601376
A-95 5 - 1 Ghosts https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18617342
Where are we? 1 - 5 Wpierdol Gaming Rebirth - https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18617330
Our Aim Sucks 5 - 4 Hidden Double Rock https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/18617893
fartownik
Not like anyone will FC Reanimate during the match because of that one 1/8-slider-jump part. It's pure random whether someone FCs that part or not.
Nezzar

fartownik wrote:

Not like anyone will FC Reanimate during the match because of that one 1/8-slider-jump part. It's pure random whether someone FCs that part or not.
I will keyspam in that part, looks like a fairly good fc chance is given (not for rhythm game huh)
Btw after spending some times on ZABABA I think map is not that bad lolz
wasisdasS

jesse1412
Don't make switched on lotus ar9 that's so disgusting. I'm offended at the idea, replace the map or keep ar8.

Reanimate is also quite a shitty pick, 1/8 slider jumps are actually a lot about luck imo.
Topic Starter
-Ryosuke

wasisdasS wrote:

You've seen through it all!
Nezzar

jesus1412 wrote:

Don't make switched on lotus ar9 that's so disgusting. I'm offended at the idea, replace the map or keep ar8.

Reanimate is also quite a shitty pick, 1/8 slider jumps are actually a lot about luck imo.
[joking mode] let's make switched-on lotus a EZ mod mappool.
I have no idea how come I'd have the interest to EZ pass this 3 months ago
Topic Starter
-Ryosuke
NoMod:

sweet ARMS - TRUST IN YOU [Kurumi is love] by CXu
Ryu* - Plan 8 [Another] by Sprosive
Reol - Asymmetry [cRyo[Skystar]'s Farewell] by Skystar
Hitori Tori - perthed again (yambabom remix) [Extra] by Asphyxia
Seiryu - Critical Crystal [Ultra] by Priti
S-C-U feat. Qrispy Joybox - anemone [Spring] by Irreversible
Suzuki Konomi - Cyber Thunder Cider [No Chilsung No Cider] by koreapenguin
xi - Blue Zenith [ktgster's Extreme] by Asphyxia

HardRock:

bibuko - Sorairo Gahou [0108-Insane] by val0108
void feat. Komatsuna - Akatsuki no Tsuki [Skystar's Extreme] by Cherry Blossom
Qrispy Joybox - licca [Skystar's Expert] by Minakami Yuki
yuikonnu - Kakushigoto [CRN] by murasaki_sk

Hidden:

Pierce The Veil - King For A Day (feat Kellin Quinn) [Ex] by pishifat
a_hisa - Cheshire,s dance [Another] by Muya
nao - Dimension tripper!!!! (TV Size) [Skystar] by wcx19911123
Function Phantom - Neuronecia [Ethereal] by Amamiya Yuko

DoubleTime:

kors k - Wuv U [dksslqj Style] by Nakagawa-Kanon
Foreground Eclipse - Noble [Dear You] by keeeeeeko
Caravan Palace - Rock It For Me [Insane] by tiper
Owl City - Hello Seattle (Remix) [Goodbye] by JauiPlaY

FreeMod:

Last Note. - Setsuna Trip [0108 style] by val0108
cosMo@Bousou-P - Okeanos [Divinity] by Broccoly
Katakiri Rekka - Answer [Insane] by bakabaka
Susumu Hirasawa - Big Brother [KIRBY Mix] by Gens

TieBreaker:

Hanatan - Kagerou Variation [Haze] by RLC

Mappack is coming soon!

(About Dimension Tripper!! wcx is changing the AR and it'll be permanent until Grand Finals ends.)
koreapenguin

-Ryosuke wrote:

NoMod:

Mappack is coming soon!

(About Dimension Tripper!! wcx is changing the AR and it'll be permanent until Grand Finals ends.)

LMAO
Evrien

-Ryosuke wrote:

[u]Hidden:

Pierce The Veil - King For A Day (feat Kellin Quinn) [Ex] by pishifat
a_hisa - Cheshire,s dance [Another] by Muya
nao - Dimension tripper!!!! (TV Size) [Skystar] by wcx19911123
Function Phantom - Neuronecia [Ethereal] by Amamiya Yuko

Mappack is coming soon!

OMG this hidden pool <3
fartownik
I'm really glad we got eliminated
Azer
What, you don't want to play blue zenith in a tournament? pfff
Topic Starter
-Ryosuke

Azer wrote:

What, you don't want to play blue zenith in a tournament? pfff
what's the problem with Blue Zenith?
Azer
it's a kick in the nuts to everyone who can't stream :(
Poruteri
HELLISH MAPPOOL
xxdeathx

Azer wrote:

it's a kick in the nuts to everyone who can't stream :(

me irl
Nezzar

-Ryosuke wrote:

NoMod:

YEEEEESSSSS
Evrien

clp012345 wrote:

-Ryosuke wrote:

NoMod:

YEEEEESSSSS
LMAO GET READY TO GET REKT EVERYONE HAHAHAHAHA
Nathan
mfw kagerou
VINXIS

sukiNathan wrote:

mfw kagerou
Topic Starter
-Ryosuke
Hello everyone,

I apologize to all viewers and participants for the events that occured last week-end, due to the lack of actual rules, burstlimit vs. #arsecrackers couldn't be handled as it should've been. All arguements were valid to point any team to win and advances to the Losers Finals, it's a pity that this kind of situation had to happen at this stage of the tournament, nonetheless, a rematch will be held NEXT week-end, (this week-end being particularly hard to schedule for both team.) on Saturday, when the Losers Finals will be held Sunday (then the 26th and 27th September.). Grand Finals will only happen in two weeks and I apologize for it. (3rd and 4th of October.)

This kind of rematches should NEVER happen, and that's why the All-Star comittee has etablished new rules for those kind of situations to never happen again:

New rules:

1. If a player get DC'd before the first third of the match, if a FC from him would've changed the outcome of the match, a rematch is allowed.
  2. During the second third and last third, if the player who DC'd, still held a FC, and a complete FC would've changed the outcome, a rematch is allowed, if, nonetheless, if his actual score changes the outcome of the match, his score is actually counted with his team's score.
  3. If a player who DC'd once, DCs once again, his score is nullified and any other DC from him/her would lead to no-rematch.
  4. If a player from the same team DCs as well, it CAN lead to a rematch following the rules above, if a player from his team who already DC'd, DCs once again, it would lead to no rematch as his teammate's score was nullified in the first place.
  5. A map who has been rematched cannot be played again UNLESS the opponent team gets a DC and then leads a third rematch.
  6. Each team has 2 rematch allowed maximum.
  7. If 2 players from the same team DCs, no rematch will be allowed. Even if the opponent team gets one DC.
  8. If there is a DC from both teams, we will allow a rematch. If the DC'd players witnesses their first DC in the match, both team will "lose" one possibility to rematch afterwards.
  9. Players MUST use either stable/beta client as it's their responsabilities to ensure their network connection is stable.
  10. RESPECT the referee's decision.
  11. If any DCs looks shady/suspicious, referee must report it in the next second to me. (Disconnecting on purpose before a very hard part, having enough points to win the map if the questionable player does not fail.)
  12. Chatlogs will be monitored and questionable materials can be reported by either team and are subjected to review by the tournament committee. For parts that are obviously in direct violation of game rules (i.e. racist comments, personal threats, etc.), a report will be filed to relevant osu! staff. Otherwise, referee reserves the right to deal out punishment in the following order: (1. Warning -> 2. Forbidding the violating player to participate in the current match -> 3. Forbidding the violating team to participate in the current match and thus resulting in a default win of the opposing team)
  13. Tournament committee reserves the right to the final interpretation of all rules stated and not.
Athrun

-Ryosuke wrote:

Hello everyone,

I apologize to all viewers and participants for the events that occured last week-end, due to the lack of actual rules, burstlimit vs. #arsecrackers couldn't be handled as it should've been. All arguements were valid to point any team to win and advances to the Losers Finals, it's a pity that this kind of situation had to happen at this stage of the tournament, nonetheless, a rematch will be held NEXT week-end, (this week-end being particularly hard to schedule for both team.) on Saturday, when the Losers Finals will be held Sunday (then the 26th and 27th September.). Grand Finals will only happen in two weeks and I apologize for it. (3rd and 4th of October.)

This kind of rematches should NEVER happen, and that's why the All-Star comittee has etablished new rules for those kind of situations to never happen again:

New rules:

1. If a player get DC'd before the first third of the match, if a FC from him would've changed the outcome of the match, a rematch is allowed.
  2. During the second third and last third, if the player who DC'd, still held a FC, and a complete FC would've changed the outcome, a rematch is allowed, if, nonetheless, if his actual score changes the outcome of the match, his score is actually counted with his team's score.
  3. If a player who DC'd once, DCs once again, his score is nullified and any other DC from him/her would lead to no-rematch.
  4. If a player from the same team DCs as well, it CAN lead to a rematch following the rules above, if a player from his team who already DC'd, DCs once again, it would lead to no rematch as his teammate's score was nullified in the first place.
  5. A map who has been rematched cannot be played again UNLESS the opponent team gets a DC and then leads a third rematch.
  6. Each team has 2 rematch allowed maximum.
  7. If 2 players from the same team DCs, no rematch will be allowed. Even if the opponent team gets one DC.
  8. If there is a DC from both teams, we will allow a rematch. If the DC'd players witnesses their first DC in the match, both team will "lose" one possibility to rematch afterwards.
  9. Players MUST use either stable/beta client as it's their responsabilities to ensure their network connection is stable.
  10. RESPECT the referee's decision.
  11. If any DCs looks shady/suspicious, referee must report it in the next second to me. (Disconnecting on purpose before a very hard part, having enough points to win the map if the questionable player does not fail.)
  12. Chatlogs will be monitored and questionable materials can be reported by either team and are subjected to review by the tournament committee. For parts that are obviously in direct violation of game rules (i.e. racist comments, personal threats, etc.), a report will be filed to relevant osu! staff. Otherwise, referee reserves the right to deal out punishment in the following order: (1. Warning -> 2. Forbidding the violating player to participate in the current match -> 3. Forbidding the violating team to participate in the current match and thus resulting in a default win of the opposing team)
  13. Tournament committee reserves the right to the final interpretation of all rules stated and not.
Don't worry. We understand. In other news, get hyped for the rematch!
FlyingKiwi

koreapenguin wrote:

-Ryosuke wrote:

NoMod:

Mappack is coming soon!

LMAO
This tournament is now supporting Chilsung Cider.
Evrien
A reminder that the next match will be this Sunday at UTC 1200!
Loctav
Wow, I ninjaupdated the access time for streamers. You really should let the administration know about this kind of delays...
Evrien

Loctav wrote:

Wow, I ninjaupdated the access time for streamers. You really should let the administration know about this kind of delays...
Thanks Loctav! This completely slipped through our minds. We'll make note for the future!
Topic Starter
-Ryosuke
And the first edition of the All-Star tournament now ends with SPD taking first place, AntiBeat being the runner-up and taking second place!

Time for shout-outs!

General

1. Thank you to all the 64 teams and all the players for joining the tournament and sticking with us!
  2. Thank you to all the viewers, you guys' support is incredible and definitely needed!
  3. Huge props to the OCWT commitee for being amazing!
  4. Thanks to the tournament staff/support for giving us a hand and lending us the client making all of it possible!
  5. Props to everyone who contributed to make the first tournament featuring a cashprize possible!

Staff

1. Big props to <strong>Shamox</strong> for being such an amazing streamer and tuned with us from thee very beginning with his unhuman achievement!
  2. Huge thanks to the mapset selectors, <strong>Kotayo</strong>, <strong>Prophet</strong>, <strong>Skystar</strong> for their amazing and exhaustive job of selecting the best and most suited picks for a tournament of this scale!
  3. Props to <strong>Vell</strong> for helping us out when we had rough times during the group stage, 96 matches in one week-end ain't easy to handle!
  4. Big thanks to <strong>MatsumotoRise</strong> for helping me out making the schedules during Group Stage and <strong>Prophet</strong> making the chinese stream happening and have one of the biggest major in osu! broadcasted by the Chinese community!
  5. My long life and eternal mate <strong>Smooty</strong> for being such an amazing person and giving a lot of motivation throughout the whole tournament, also helping me out a lot to relay informations to the japanese stream!
  6. Big claps to <strong>Mercurius</strong>, <strong>Potofu</strong>, <strong>OK_oreGENKI</strong> for handling the japanese stream, definitely a huge step for the japanese community as the osu! community!
  7. Props to <strong>MiruHong</strong> and <strong>lolimonz</strong> handling the All-Star talk even if it was two times, those two times were definitely needed!
  8. Props to <strong>Hydria</strong> for being an awesome referee and being able to help me a lot when my computer was nearly dying.
  9. Thanks to <strong>Fye</strong> for that amazing comic of yours!
  10. Thanks to <strong>Evrien</strong> for being an amazing caster, a really reliable member of the staff and contributing as much as he's done for the tournament, definitely would've been something else without you!
  11. Shout-outs to all the referees who sticked along with us! <strong>Demon</strong>, <strong>zhangzehua1026</strong>, <strong>SirCircle</strong>, <strong>Westarzi</strong>, <strong>FuryArt</strong>, <strong>MatsumotoRise</strong>, <strong>Shamox</strong>, <strong>Prophet</strong>, <strong>Hydria</strong>, <strong>Ascendance</strong>, <strong>Smooty</strong>, <strong>Vell</strong> !
  12. Huge thanks to <strong>Syph</strong> for being such a reliable and efficient designer, thanks for everything!
  13. Thanks to <strong>Helix</strong> for the high quality streaming, will always be a pleasure to have you back man!
  14. Shout-outs to <strong>Gaburieru-</strong> and <strong>-AC</strong> for being able to stream when no one else could!
  15. Props to <strong>Chippy</strong> for still being the hypest caster of all time and <strong>loliforz</strong> for his tremendous amount of knowledge on strategies/pick/maps/players and playstyle making a godly duo with Chippy!
  16. Shout-out to <strong>rfandomization</strong> for being able to cast anytime and still be one godlike caster having a lot of knowledge on the game itself and never run out of say, such as <strong>Evrien</strong> !
  17. Huge props to <strong>lolimonz</strong> being an amazing and REALLY promising caster, definitely a great commentator, this man can be bigger, evolves incredibly fast (and he's not even a pokemon!) hope to see you casting more tournament, you should! With <strong>Kotayo</strong> for making the best swedish duo ever!
  18. Props to <strong>Doomsday</strong> and <strong>PortalLife</strong> for both being amazing casters!
  19. Thanks to both <strong>bonbori</strong> and <strong>MiruHong</strong>, sorry you guys didn't cast that much but I think everyone here is satisfied with the job you've done! Keep it up boys!

Teams

1. Sorry if I won't mention your team here, I still enjoyed anyone who played in this tournament, don't take it bad boys!
  2. Shout-outs to osutakus, being a low-seeded team and getting 13th place almost making it to top 10 going into tiebreaker against Where are we, one of the top-seeded team!
  3. As usual, an amazing play from Wpierdol Gaming Rebirth, fartownik and his team showing off with their amazing strategy almost taking out #arsecrackers!
  4. Surprisingly, congratulations to A-95, despite being a statiscally a weaker team than the others, advanced a lot far in the tournament!
  5. Shout-outs to Our Aim Sucks, always getting to tiebreaker miraculously and winning most of their matches!
  6. Shout-outs to burstlimit and #arsecrackers for getting respectively 4th and 3rd place with forz getting his wake-up call and getting the biggest combo in the Finals' TieBreaker in All-Star!
  7. Shout-outs to AntiBeat fighting really hard and getting the second place!
  8. And finally shout-outs to SPD, getting the win, the first place, you guys can be proud!

AntiBeat

1. To my friend <strong>Smooty</strong>, motivating me more than I would ever think.
  2. <strong>NerO</strong>: One of the biggest carry in osu!, you and I my friend made it far, I'm still very proud of you, we tagged along a lot since 2013. Really glad we did.
  3. <strong>Tokichii</strong>: Really helped with my small moments of hesitation, a lot motivated, sometimes unconfident, thank you man for tagging along even though you weren't feeling that great, we all appreciate it.
  4. <strong>HappyStick</strong>: Thanks a lot dude, even though you couldn't play at your best sometimes, you still woke up early in the morning to bring victory, really means a lot, thanks man.
  5. <strong>Poruteri</strong>: Never !roll again, jk man, thank you a lot for tagging with us since the very first tournament, always motivated, always a pleasure to talk to, always dedicated to the team, a lot of thanks!
  6. <strong>Nara</strong>: Sad you got work (well also happy ahah) around the finals, thank you man for tuning with us in, really means a lot to us, great job!
  7. <strong>Doomsday</strong>: Always in a cheerful mood, never getting mad, you're now leaving us, but it has been a pleasure to be with you man, hope it all goes great for you!
  8. <strong>zeluaR</strong>: A really dedicated player, it was your first tournament if I remember right and you did amazing man, thanks for everything!
  9. GGs everyone, you guys were all amazing!

It was everything for All-Star 2015 boys! Wait did I say 2015? Yes! Keep following us for All-Star 2016 we're gonna reserve surprises for all of you!

I hope you all enjoyed it, see you everyone!