forum

Languages

posted
Total Posts

How many languages do you speak fluently?

17.92%
48.90%
22.80%
4≤
10.38%
Total votes: 636
show more
Yuudachi-kun

KuranteMelodii wrote:

Cantonese, English, and some Japanese?

I could read hiragana and pronounce it, (i can read some kanji since I am Chinese, and some "English") but the grammar and kanji pronunciation is too difficult (translating hiragana to english is hard...)
But hiragana to english is just transliteration which is not hard at all?
Weavoid
The only language I'm fluent in is English. I dropped French in high school when I was picking my GCSEs because it bored the heck out of me. But I did take up Japanese, which I've been learning (slowly) for 9 months. I'm definitely not fluent though, no way.
abraker
English and Russian
LigerZero
Indonesian
English
Sundanese
There_old_1
I can speak fluently: 1. German 2. Turkish and English
rogueshadow12
English + Native Language and its derivative(s) (Filipino-Tagalog-Ilocano) :D
kirueggy

rogueshadow12 wrote:

English + Native Language and its derivative(s) (Filipino-Tagalog-Ilocano) :D
hello there ading

OT: English, Spanglish, Tagalog, Korean (albeit I suck ass at it lol)
Ameth Rianno
B. Indonesia (my native), Sundanesse (my almost native), English (my self talk native ok), Javanesse (i know little things but not my normal language).
mnh48

Khelly wrote:

KuranteMelodii wrote:

Cantonese, English, and some Japanese?

I could read hiragana and pronounce it, (i can read some kanji since I am Chinese, and some "English") but the grammar and kanji pronunciation is too difficult (translating hiragana to english is hard...)
But hiragana to english is just transliteration which is not hard at all?
That's Katakana. Katakana is used for loanwords, slang etc. Hiragana is used only for real Japanese words. Kanji is in higher level than hiragana and it can be anything (I did read Kanji which provided loanwords furigana as the reading to the right of it in Japanese manga).

Update:
1. Malaysian (still, as it's my mother tongue)
2. Mandarin (still, because I speak and use it since kindergarten)
3. English (still, well I'm using English to write this)
4. Japanese (I think it's safe to include this now, I can speak it albeit not very fluent)

Next language that I want to learn:
- Cantonese (some of my friends doesn't really understand Mandarin because they are native in Cantonese and we end up speaking Malaysian, which they are not fluent in)
- Indonesian (neighbouring language, trust me most of Malaysians doesn't really understand Indonesian, we're depending on the Malaysian subtitles when watching Indonesian dramas)
HaruryuuSan
i know five o:
1. english lulz
2. hindi
3. malayalam
4. tamil
5. german
Eymi
Just 3 :
-French
-English
-Spanish
Seiga
English is my first language and I started learning German recently. Though I did learn a bit of Japanese in school.
IamKwaN
Cantonese, Mandarin and English!
kirueggy
I just recently enrolled in an online French course from BYU (which costs 150 USD dear lord)... so by the time I complete the entirety of every French course offered and have depleted my wallet, I will be hopefully fluent in French. gg
AtomicSolar
Lithuanian, and English. Also I've been trying to learn French for about 5 years, but I'm still horrible at it :x
Nutty
1. French (Native) 2.English
WingSilent

Nutty wrote:

1. French (Native) 2.English
Exactly the same as you. :3
Rio-
Indonesian & English
BleuVitriol
I speak English. I can also speak some Polish, French and German, but not that much anymore. Is anyone willing to help me speak French?
MakePastaNotWar
English, learning German, supposed to learn Korean but fuck it
Ananda
i only speak 2 language indonesian and english
Zazarith
edit: