forum

Doesn't this not bother you?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Sylveon

Khelly wrote:

I didn't say you said pp is broken - I'm talking about all the retards that post in osugame or whatever in general when high pp scores are set.

I don't believe hvicks score should be nerfed and I don't believe Xilver's or other HR should be nerfed. I don't think constant nerfs for the sake of it is a good thing
I agree
uberpancake
Well that nerf wasn't directed at xilver's ice angel score. It was simply some rebalancing around small circles that was supposed to be done months ago but accidentally didn't go through.

In the end though, this year has had buffs for hr (small cs buff) and nerfs for DT (removal of ar 10.33 pp). I don't really see DT being favored.
-Makishima S-

uberpancake wrote:

Well that nerf wasn't directed at xilver's ice angel score. It was simply some rebalancing around small circles that was supposed to be done months ago but accidentally didn't go through.

In the end though, this year has had buffs for hr (small cs buff) and nerfs for DT (removal of ar 10.33 pp). I don't really see DT being favored.
- Xilver HR score got nerfed
- HR CS5.2 heavy stream map

v

- It was simply some rebalancing around small circles
- accidentally didn't go through

v

- this year has had buffs for hr (small cs buff)
small cs buff

v

- Xilver HR score got nerfed
- HR CS5.2 heavy stream map

wait what?
What you said already is like... diesn;t make sense at all. Make your mind or give proper explanation becouse i couldn't call overall HR scores nerf a "small circle buff".

Can i get full list of HR nerfs / buffs so i can understand this? Also DT please.
Astrofiziks
i don't care
uberpancake

[Taiga] wrote:

stuff
Basically earlier this year tom did a pretty big buff to small circle maps, resulting in stuff like bikko's voyage score, pasonia maps, snow storm euphoria, salvation and dragonforce maps giving a ton of pp. Then after a little while he pulled back on the buffs a little, "nerfing" bikko's, index's and ww's big pp scores. The next (or something like that) update he pulled back on the the buffs a little more, but these changes didn't show up until now for whatever reason.

But in the end, these changes were in large a big buff to small circles. Only not as huge as it was from the start.
E m i
>cs9.1 200pp scores
>no one plays >=cs6.5 jump maps for pp, only stream maps

this flat bonus to aim pp shouldn't even be implemented in the first place
chainpullz
I care not about the pp given by maps cleared but the clears themselves. Did xilver magically not clear ice angel with HR? Nope, it still happened. There are many unranked plays that are impressive as fuck but you don't see people qq'ing that those maps aren't ranked. Judge a player by their accomplishments, not their pp.

It's stupid to say "X player is a dirty dt farmer who doesn't deserve their rank." Most of the "impressive" plays are achievable by many of the top 250 players it would just be a matter of investing a lot of time. Hardly anyone wants to spend 10 hours retrying an 8 minute long map for a fc when they got 98% acc on it within the first couple of plays.

No, I don't think players should be rewarded more for farming 8 minute long maps outside of the already given long map bonus. Farming maps like that is even worse than farming 2 minute DT maps.

The only thing that is due for a change is to award pp on a per combo basis. That is, if you get a 1000x combo on a section of a map with an average difficulty of 7* you should be awarded as if you fc'd a 1000x combo 7* map. I'm sure the only reason they haven't added this is because it requires dynamically evaluating plays which requires a fuckton of additional processing.
Yuudachi-kun

chainpullz wrote:

No, I don't think players should be rewarded more for farming 8 minute long maps outside of the already given long map bonus. Farming maps like that is even worse than farming 2 minute DT maps.
Why is rewarding high consistency even worse? How is people who can do certain fcs retrying for hours on an 8 minute long map not worthy but it's okay for shorter maps?
JappyBabes

Sylveon wrote:

I'm not saying the PP is broken, I'm saying that if you are going to nerf 600pp scores then treat all mods with the same value. I don't believe Hvicks play to be better than Xilvers in the slightest. Yet Xilver gets nerfed severely? Do you think Hvicks play is better than Xilvers and deserves 665pp vs 592?
hahaha funny man
bahamete

Sylveon wrote:

I'm not saying the PP is broken, I'm saying that if you are going to nerf 600pp scores then treat all mods with the same value. I don't believe Hvicks play to be better than Xilvers in the slightest. Yet Xilver gets nerfed severely? Do you think Hvicks play is better than Xilvers and deserves 665pp vs 592?
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Alumetorz

Sylveon wrote:

LOLOLLO!L!O!!! xDDDDxxxxxxxxxxdddddddddd
Yuudachi-kun
I think someone messaged you all this thread to have you post here.
E m i
i like this thread
Mahogany
You are wrong, OP. This doesn't not not bother me.
Redon
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

Why is rewarding high consistency even worse? How is people who can do certain fcs retrying for hours on an 8 minute long map not worthy but it's okay for shorter maps?
Because farming in general is toxic. Encouraging players to play maps that contain 6 minutes of 5* difficulty sections and 2 minutes of 8* difficulty sections over and over again is worse than encouraging players to play maps that are 1 minute long with 45 seconds of 7.5* difficulty sections and 15 seconds of 6* difficulty sections.

Long maps already get a pp bonus for consistency. The reason they don't get played is because nobody wants to be bored out of their mind playing 5* difficulty for the 8/10 hours they spend retrying the map when they could just cut out the 5* difficulty parts by playing DT maps.

When I say the farming is worse I don't mean "this player should be looked down on for doing it," I mean that the action of farming those maps is a toxic play experience in the same sense that making new players farm old content in lfr for 10 weeks to catch up on legendary quests is toxic in WoW.

Angelsim should be awarded for his HR FDFD play for the 1024x combo at whatever acc he had on it (probably above 99% on that section) for whatever the average difficulty of that 1024x combo was. Additionally, he should be awarded for every other combo he got on the map based on the acc, length, and difficulty of them.

This alone would remove the apparent discrepancy between DT and other maps. Inevitably the long map bonus would have to be scaled such that fc'ing a long map would give a slight bonus over a 1x miss play halfway through but those are minor details.
uberpancake

Redon wrote:

uberpancake wrote:

Shouldn't pp for small circles automatically result from the ratio between (jump) distance and hitcircle radius? I think realistically if you were to take a map, scale it down to 50% and reduce the hitcircle size by half, the pp gain should be exactly the same.
Well that's how it works. The problem is that such a system ends up underrating small circle sizes, so on top of that Tom added an extra aim pp bonus for maps with a circle size above 6 (I think.) Imo that was the right choice. All it needs is the right tweaking.
Deva

Sylveon wrote:

AR10,whatever 7,9* FC not better than AR10 6,7*
nice meme
Mahogany
You're failing to account for CS, OD and Object count there HK.
Endaris
I believe in Tom.
-Makishima S-

Endaris wrote:

I believe in Tom.
I dont, 1-2* easy/normals full mod gives still similar pp to ar8-9 3.5-4* insane maps and require zero or even negative skill to play.
ZenithPhantasm

Astrofiziks wrote:

i don't care
Topic Starter
Sylveon

Tasty Beverage wrote:

Sylveon wrote:

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
ewwwwwww its the shittier version of doomsday.... get off my post :x
E m i

nice acc lol
Topic Starter
Sylveon

Momiji wrote:

nice acc lol
Hey, this post was never about me :3

*edit* how did you even spell the name of that song correctly
E m i
by reading it :oops: :oops:
I really like the song. :P
bahamete

Sylveon wrote:

Half my playcount, 340 times my rank
Keep trying buddy maybe you'll break 10k one day.

It's ironic that you think my skill level means I'm less entitled to post because your rank tells me you haven't got a fucking clue about this game, so you should leave judgements on the pp system to people who know what they're talking about.

8-)
E m i

Tasty Beverage wrote:

8-)
i think he was only semi-serious at most :^O
bahamete

Momiji wrote:

Tasty Beverage wrote:

8-)
i think he was only semi-serious at most :^O
It's banter.
Yuudachi-kun
The only people who can talk about pp are the top 10 :^)
Minhtam
I'll be completely honest - I think the idea of getting 10,000 pp should be reserved as an upper boundary that is supposed to be impossible to achieve yet highly desirable for professional players to set their sights on. The fact that hvick has over 10,000 pp simply means the entire ranking system is extremely lenient and has to be completely nerfed. Scale the whole system back by 10%. Problem solved.
Yuudachi-kun
Tom only works that way for the star diff rating.
Topic Starter
Sylveon

Tasty Beverage wrote:

Sylveon wrote:

Half my playcount, 340 times my rank
Keep trying buddy maybe you'll break 10k one day.

It's ironic that you think my skill level means I'm less entitled to post because your rank tells me you haven't got a fucking clue about this game, so you should leave judgements on the pp system to people who know what they're talking about.

8-)
ahh.... hit a light nerve with you did I? :( I'm sorry that the truth hurts D:

and I never claimed to be good at the game either.

Nice try though, better luck next time (Y)
Bara-
Why should anyone be bothered with this?
hvick is just the best
I Give Up
Why does this bother you? You cant even play those maps :lol:
-Makishima S-
As far as i goes not, this talk is fairly pointless...

You are not gonna improve your skill up to level when you will be able to play this maps and complain about them by talking.

Bye, nothing interesting here anymore.
deletemyaccount
insert "pls enjoy game" here
ZenithPhantasm
Play more
Mahogany
If Miraizu was OD9 Hvick would already have a 700pp play
Yuudachi-kun
What acc would he have if all his hits were on od 10.3?
show more